Firefox 53.0b2 no longer supported on Android 5.1.1?

A month or two back I had to move onto the beta version when an update
of the release version started crashing 100% on my (atom CPU based)
tablet, the beta recently updated, and now I notice a message that

  "Firefox will no longer be supported on this version of Android"

Is the version detection just getting confused?

According to the version dashboard, Lollipop 5.x still commands the
largest share of all major versions, it can't be being abandoned by
mozilla yet, surely?
0
Andy
3/15/2017 5:29:26 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 23575 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

Andy Burns <andy@usenet.invalid> Wrote in message:
> A month or two back I had to move onto the beta version when an update
> of the release version started crashing 100% on my (atom CPU based)
> tablet, the beta recently updated, and now I notice a message that
>
>   "Firefox will no longer be supported on this version of Android"
>
> Is the version detection just getting confused?
>
> According to the version dashboard, Lollipop 5.x still commands the
> largest share of all major versions, it can't be being abandoned by
> mozilla yet, surely?

V54.0a2 runs on Android 4.4
But that's on an Arm processor
--
(Remove any numerics from my email address.)
0
Dave Royal wrote:

> Andy Burns wrote:
>
>> "Firefox will no longer be supported on this version of Android"
>
> V54.0a2 runs on Android 4.4
> But that's on an Arm processor

I've gone back to release version for day-to-day use, an un-installed
beta, just checked and aurora did install and run, so I guess it's a
false alarm.

0
Andy