Firefox 2.0.0.6 Reverts back to 2.0.0.5 reinstalls 2.0.0.6, wipes out user settings

Firefox is turning into a piece of crap.

First, there is only 1 profile, the default profile.

Second, after the first 2.0.0.6 update wiped out the profile settings
(again), the automatic check for updates was turned off.

This morning the customized profile settings went MIA again, Firefox
decided it was version 2.0.0.5 (per the help, about firefox) and
automatically downloaded 2.0.0.6; even though 2.0.0.6 had already been
installed on July 31.

It now thinks it is 2.0.0.6, the home page and other profile settings
have been reset, and automatic updates turned off for everything.

Anyone have recommendations for alternative browsers?  I have heard good
things about the Safari beta.

Roger
0
Roger

On 8/11/2007 9:51 AM, Roger wrote:
> Firefox is turning into a piece of crap.
>
> First, there is only 1 profile, the default profile.
>
> Second, after the first 2.0.0.6 update wiped out the profile settings
> (again), the automatic check for updates was turned off.
>
> This morning the customized profile settings went MIA again, Firefox
> decided it was version 2.0.0.5 (per the help, about firefox) and
> automatically downloaded 2.0.0.6; even though 2.0.0.6 had already been
> installed on July 31.
>
> It now thinks it is 2.0.0.6, the home page and other profile settings
> have been reset, and automatic updates turned off for everything.
>
> Anyone have recommendations for alternative browsers?  I have heard good
> things about the Safari beta.
>
> Roger

Since nothing else seems to help, try:
1. Uninstall FF
2. Delete the program folder
3. (optional) restart computer
4. Reinstall FF

--
Irwin

Irwin
8/11/2007 7:35:00 PM
  See : Problems after Updating Firefox  >

Iravanan

Update of Firefox 2.0.0.5 to 2.0.0.6 fails
Name: Franz Baader Email: FranzdotBaaderatt-onlinedotde Product: Firefox Summary: Update of Firefox 2.0.0.5 to 2.0.0.6 fails Comments: Update of Firefox 2.0.0.5 to 2.0.0.6 (German) fails with a message in German like "one or more files couldn't be updated". Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.5) Gecko/20070713 Firefox/2.0.0.5 ...

in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help
Name: Marika Email: controlatrocketpropdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help Comments: Circle spinning next to Downloading Firefox 2.0.0.3 but Firefox 2.0.0.6 has been downloaded and installed. MacBook (Intel)Boot Camp installation WinXP Pro SP2 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

FireFox 2.0.0.7 not working opposed to 2.0.0.6
Name: Infra Red Product: Firefox Summary: FireFox 2.0.0.7 not working opposed to 2.0.0.6 Comments: Possible Problem I am not sure if it is because my firewall hasn't picked up the version change yet but if it is not so the new version doesn't work for me. Possible Answer I have Sygate Firewall, It was set to permit all so maybe the version change wasn't monitored therefor not allowed. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Firefox XP 2.0.0.8 ubuntu 2.0.0.6. Why?
I am using XP and Ubuntu 7.10. In both operating system I am using the same profile. (Symbolic link to XP partition). However, due to the difference in versions Firefox always start with a addon check. So why is Ubuntu not on version 2.0.0.8. That would solve this problem. Arjen On 10/22/2007 3:03 PM, Arjen Meijer wrote: > I am using XP and Ubuntu 7.10. In both operating system I am using the > same profile. > (Symbolic link to XP partition). > > However, due to the difference in versions Firefox always start with a > addon check. > > So why is U...

Buggy firefox 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3
Name: badidea Email: very_bad_ideaathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Buggy firefox 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3 Comments: I don't know what changed since 2.0.0.1 but the new releases (2.0.0.2, 2.0.0.3) seem very buggy. Random crashes, slow responses and additionally problems with administrator rights. I had similar problems on 2 out of 2 systems. Best solution for me (and probably a lot of other users) is to go back to 2.0.0.1 and disable automatic update. Success! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2....

Wont update to 2.0.0.6 from 2.0.0.5
I keep getting a massage to update to 2.0.0.6 but every in I try I get the massage box saying something like: unable to install because another programme is using the files, Any ideas???? On 16.08.2007 21:16 UK Time, denver wrote: > I keep getting a massage to update to 2.0.0.6 but every in I try I get > the massage box saying something like: unable to install because > another programme is using the files, Any ideas???? > No idea really, but does it still happen after rebooting? -- Herbert Eppel www.HETranslation.co.uk On Aug 16, 9:32 pm, Herb <HE@UK> w...

I like firefox 2.0.0.0 better than 2.0.0.1
Name: tsit chan Email: chantsitathkbndotnet Product: Firefox Summary: I like firefox 2.0.0.0 better than 2.0.0.1 Comments: 2.0.0.1 version allows minimized pages pop up when open multi- tabs in one page ,until this fixed i prefer 2.0.0.0 before any new release. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

Firefox version 2.0.0.3 is being updated to 2.0.0.2?
Name: Russell Nelson Email: rnelsonatgenedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox version 2.0.0.3 is being updated to 2.0.0.2? Comments: I am currently using a version of Firefox with the version number of 2.0.0.3. This is the second time that I have been told that it has now been updated to a newer version of Firefox with a version number of 2.0.0.2. I assume that 2.0.0.3 is newer (and better) than version 2.0.0.2. How can I stop this "update"? Russ Nelson 650-225-7212 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070...

Firefox 2.0.0.3 and 2.0.0.4
In order to fix a small number of serious regressions, we are looking to do a very quick 2.0.0.3/1.5.0.11 release to pick up some fixes for recent regressions. 2.0.0.4/1.5.0.12 will be the next regular security/stability releases. 2.0.0.3 blockers https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi? keywords_type=nowords&keywords=fixed1.8.1.3 +verified1.8.1.3&field0-0-0=flagtypes.name&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=b locking1.8.1.3%2B&order=map_assigned_to.login_name,bugs.bug_id We are going to be looking at nominations over the next few days, based on the follo...

Firefox 2.0.0.14 and 2.0.0.13
Name: Cham w t Email: cham_weiatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.14 and 2.0.0.13 Comments: After installing these Firefox 2.0.0.14 and 2.0.0.13 version, whenever web page with JAVA is opened, the FIREFOX will freeze. Sometimes, when pdf page is opened, it also freeze. Previous versions have no such problem. FireFiox problem ? Java problem ? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ja; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

firefox 2.0.0.10 and 2.0.0.11
Name: Suzanne Email: syeeatrhsmithdotumddotedu Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 2.0.0.10 and 2.0.0.11 Comments: Ever since the updates to 2.0.0.10, our customers are not able to use iNotes (Lotus Domino Webmail) to attach any emails. It is possible that the fix "MFSA 2007-37 jar: URI scheme XSS hazard" is causing the errors. Our only results is to have people downgrade back to 2.0.0.9 or to use IE. I know its not really a bug because the fix is for security purposes, but many Lotus Notes users are not able to use iNotes to check their emails. Browser Detai...

getting from 2.0.0.6 to 2.0.0.11
FF duly informs me that there's an update available. Fine. I d/l the update, agree to restart FF once it's installed, and ... it's still at 2.0.0.6? What's going on here? Any suggestions would be very welcome. Ken mckqed@gmail.com schrieb: > FF duly informs me that there's an update available. > > Fine. > > I d/l the update, agree to restart FF once it's installed, and ... > it's still at 2.0.0.6? > > What's going on here? > > Any suggestions would be very welcome. > > Ken Hi, please look i...

firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.2 download window problem
I am having a problem with the download options in the browser. Hope I can explain this correctly so it makes sense. I went to "options" "download" and tried changing it there for various settings with no change. Problem just started with 2.0.01 and unfortunately the browser updated to 2.0.0.2 before I could stop it but problems still there. My other computer works fine with both versions so I think something got corrupted but don't know what or how to fix it. I don't want to uninstall FF and reinstall it and lose all my bookmarks. Is there a r...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 & 2.0.0.3 niggly problem
I just upgraded both my desktop and my laptop to FF v2.0.0.2 a couple days ago. Both began doing the same annoying thing. When I click a URL shortcut on my desktop or a link in my newsreader, an error box pops up saying "File http://blahblahblah or one of its components not found. Make sure the path and filename are correct." Then FF goes ahead and loads the page. This doesn't happen if FF is already running. If it's not running, it happens every time. I just downloaded 2.0.0.3. Same story. Any clues? -- Dale Beckett Dale Beckett wrote:...

Web resources about - Firefox 2.0.0.6 Reverts back to 2.0.0.5 reinstalls 2.0.0.6, wipes out user settings - mozilla.support.firefox

MacBook Air Software Reinstall USB Drive - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I forgot that I had one of these with me, the USB Flash Drive for MacBook Air Software Reinstall Drive.

Survive a Compromised Password, Reinstall Windows Efficiently, and Build Your Own iPod - YouTube
This week on the podcast we're discussing the Windows 8 Release Preview, iOS 5.1.1's great new jailbreak, compromised passwords, and a lot more. ...

iOS 9 will delete apps to make room for upgrade, reinstall them later
Apple's iOS 9 will ask users if they want to delete apps to make room for the upgrade if their devices are short of space, then automatically ...

Hacking Team's malware uses UEFI rootkit to survive OS reinstalls
Surveillance software maker Hacking Team has provided its government customers with the ability to infect the low-level firmware found in laptops ...

Lion can reinstall itself over the Internet from the recovery partition
A little birdie of ours has managed to snap a page from an internal AppleCare manual detailing OS X Lion’s brand new recovery system, invoked ...

PSA: Latest Version Of Solid Explorer Requires Full Reinstall From New Play Store Listing, Brings Google ...
Solid Explorer Beta was released a few months ago, and was instantly a fabulous file management app. It's clever use of swipable columns and ...

Remove and Reinstall iTunes and other software components from Windows XP - Apple Support
Learn how to completely uninstall iTunes and its related software components from Windows XP.

Ask Ars: Do I have to use the Mac App Store to reinstall Lion?
If you don't want to download Lion over your own pokey Internet connection, …

Format and Reinstall
architectural conjecture :: urban speculation :: landscape futures

Apple asks new phone users to reinstall iOS 8 after update glitches - Chicago Tribune
(Reuters) - Apple Inc broke its silence on complaints about bending iPhones, hours after withdrawing a glitch-ridden software update as the company ...