Firefox 2.0.0.3 and Firefox 1.5.0.11 Security and Stability Update

As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20
update process, Firefox 1.5.0.11 and Firefox 2.0.0.3 are now =20
available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from http://=20
getfirefox.com.

Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20
users upgrade to these latest releases.

Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20
updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to =20
Firefox 2. Firefox 1.5.0.11 is available for download from http://=20
www.mozilla.com/firefox/all-older.html.

If you already have Firefox 1.5.0.x or Firefox 2.0.0.x, you will =20
receive an automated update notification within 24 to 48 hours. This =20
update can also be applied manually by selecting =93Check for Updates=85=94=
 =20
from the Help menu starting later today.

For a list of changes and more information, please review the Firefox =20=

1.5.0.11 Release Notes and the Firefox 2.0.0.3 Release Notes.
--
Basil Hashem
basil@mozilla.com

0
Basil

Basil Hashem wrote:
> As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update
> process, Firefox 1.5.0.11 and Firefox 2.0.0.3 are now available for
> Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from http://getfirefox.com.
>
> Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox users
> upgrade to these latest releases.
>
> Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability
> updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to
> Firefox 2. Firefox 1.5.0.11 is available for download from
> http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all-older.html.
>
> If you already have Firefox 1.5.0.x or Firefox 2.0.0.x, you will receive
> an automated update notification within 24 to 48 hours. This update can
> also be applied manually by selecting �Check for Updates�� from the Help
> menu starting later today.
>
> For a list of changes and more information, please review the Firefox
> 1.5.0.11 Release Notes and the Firefox 2.0.0.3 Release Notes.

Basil, you're links aren't working? They didn't come through
properly.

--
Please do not email me for help.  Reply to the newsgroup
only.  And only click on the Reply button, not the Reply All

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
0
Peter
3/21/2007 5:53:45 AM
On 21.03.2007 00:53, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> Basil, you're links aren't working? They didn't come through
> properly.

They work here, no problem.

--
Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
On 21.03.2007 12:34 UK Time, Jay Garcia wrote:
> On 21.03.2007 00:53, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

Perhaps it's because Peter Potamus is still on TB 1.5.0.5 for some
reason O:-)

--
Herbert Eppel
www.HETranslation.co.uk
Herb wrote:
> On 21.03.2007 12:34 UK Time, Jay Garcia wrote:
>> On 21.03.2007 00:53, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

in FF 1.5.0.5, I got the http:// was underlined and the rest
of it was not.

In SM 1.1.1 I got the http:// underlined on one line and the
rest on the next.

The links were broken.

--
Please do not email me for help.  Reply to the newsgroup
only.  And only click on the Reply button, not the Reply All
one.  Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
0
Peter
3/21/2007 3:57:38 PM
On Mar 21, 8:57 am, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.the.purple.hi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Herb wrote:
> > On 21.03.2007 12:34 UK Time, Jay Garcia wrote:
> >> On 21.03.2007 00:53, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

I checked in googlegroups.  I get the same thing in the first link,
and in the second, the http:// is disabled, but the rest is clickable.

In TB 1.5.0.10, in the first one, the same, and in the second one,
everything is clickable.  So, why the difference with all of the
programs I tried?

0
Peter
3/21/2007 4:06:44 PM
On 21.03.2007 16:06 UK Time, Peter.Potamus.the.Purple.Hippo@gmail.com wrote:
> On Mar 21, 8:57 am, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
> <peter.potamus.the.purple.hi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Herb wrote:

I think the culprit is the full stop at the end of the links in Basil's
> As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update
> process, Firefox 1.5.0.11 and Firefox 2.0.0.3 are now available for
> Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from http://getfirefox.com.
>
> Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox users
> upgrade to these latest releases.
>
> Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability
> updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to
> Firefox 2. Firefox 1.5.0.11 is available for download from
> http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all-older.html.
>
> If you already have Firefox 1.5.0.x or Firefox 2.0.0.x, you will receive
> an automated update notification within 24 to 48 hours. This update can
> also be applied manually by selecting �Check for Updates�� from the Help
> menu starting later today.
>
> For a list of changes and more information, please review the Firefox
> 1.5.0.11 Release Notes and the Firefox 2.0.0.3 Release Notes.

The Thunderbird site is still displaying 1.5.10, even though the Firefox
site is offering 2.0.0.3....

Regards,

Margaret
0
Margaret
3/21/2007 6:12:18 PM
Margaret wrote:
> Basil Hashem wrote:
>> As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security
>> update process, Firefox 1.5.0.11 and Firefox 2.0.0.3 are now
>> available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from
>> http://getfirefox.com.

> The Thunderbird site is still displaying 1.5.10, even though the
> Firefox site is offering 2.0.0.3....

if you read again Basil's post carefully then you will find that Basil's
post is about firefox update, not Thunderbird update.
0
Nir
3/21/2007 6:52:09 PM
On 21/03/2007 1:53 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
> Basil, you're links aren't working? They didn't come through properly.

He knows. :-)
<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.planning/msg/9540733ae7079257>
--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 21/03/2007 1:53 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>> Basil, you're links aren't working? They didn't come through properly.
>
> He knows. :-)
> <http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.planning/msg/9540733ae7079257>

well, how am I supposed to know that.  I'm in the support
groups and he's posting in the dev ones.

BTW: Don't they follow the Mozilla Forum Etiquette in those
dev groups about top posting? :-)