Firefox 2.0.0.3 - 2.0.0.4 session problem

hi;
my site is http://www.nedir.net. it's frame based. any user login to
this site and server create a session. user click any subject from
left frame and show content to main frame, session ok! but users when
jump to other page (1-2-3 .. ) at content page, session cannot load.
this problem for only some firefox users, not ie, opera etc..

0
math
7/12/2007 10:09:02 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 24319 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

math wrote:
> hi;
> my site is http://www.nedir.net. it's frame based. any user login to
> this site and server create a session. user click any subject from
> left frame and show content to main frame, session ok! but users when
> jump to other page (1-2-3 .. ) at content page, session cannot load.
> this problem for only some firefox users, not ie, opera etc..

Easy solution: Don't use frames.

Frames cause you several different problems and about a dozen problem to
the users (even those using IE, Opera and other browsers).
http://webtips.dan.info/frames.html

Frames don't give you any advantage on that site, only problems. You
seem to have php support there, so there really isn't any reason why you
should use frames. It is eventually even less work if you just get rid
of them now, instead of fighting years against the problems they cause.

I have done web sites for several years at work and I also used frames
when I was new on the field. It actually took years before I understood
that frames give you so much trouble that you should avoid them at all
costs. And I don't know anyone who has been as long on the field as I
have, who would use or like frames.

So if you want to save yourself some work, trust those who had to learn
it the hard way.

--
Solutions for issues with Firefox:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Issues_%28Firefox%29
Aggro wrote:
> math wrote:
>> hi;
>> my site is http://www.nedir.net. it's frame based. any user login to
>> this site and server create a session. user click any subject from
>> left frame and show content to main frame, session ok! but users when
>> jump to other page (1-2-3 .. ) at content page, session cannot load.
>> this problem for only some firefox users, not ie, opera etc..
>
> Easy solution: Don't use frames.
>
> Frames cause you several different problems and about a dozen problem to
> the users (even those using IE, Opera and other browsers).
> http://webtips.dan.info/frames.html
>
> Frames don't give you any advantage on that site, only problems. You
> seem to have php support there, so there really isn't any reason why you
> should use frames. It is eventually even less work if you just get rid
> of them now, instead of fighting years against the problems they cause.
>
> I have done web sites for several years at work and I also used frames
> when I was new on the field. It actually took years before I understood
> that frames give you so much trouble that you should avoid them at all
> costs. And I don't know anyone who has been as long on the field as I
> have, who would use or like frames.
>
> So if you want to save yourself some work, trust those who had to learn
> it the hard way.

I can see another problem with pages 2 & 3.  Both have a
googlesyndication ad on them.  My experience with googlesyndication
javascript ads is that they cause problems with page loading.  I block
them.  I had no problems with those pages because of that fact.
0
EE

0.0.0.0
Can someone tell me the function of this scan? FWIN,2001/08/28,20:06:43 -6:00 GMT,0.0.0.0:800,255.255.255.255:800,UDP "Ben" <notben@home.com> wrote in message news:9mhion$2hf9$1@news.grc.com... > Can someone tell me the function of this scan? > FWIN,2001/08/28,20:06:43 -6:00 GMT,0.0.0.0:800,255.255.255.255:800,UDP Ben, I haven't a clue. 800 TCP mdbs_daemon 800 UDP mdbs_daemon http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html#3.6 http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html#3.2 -- ...

0.0.0.0 ????
Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? Thanks for educating the uneducated. In article <MPG.18bf7ade16e851cb989680@news.grc.com>, shr@p.com says... > > > Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? > > Thanks for educating the uneducated. > Any available adapter - i.e. not bound to specific IP address. -- Bloated Elvis In article <MPG.18bf7ade16e851cb989680@news.grc.com>, shr@p.com says... > > > Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? > > Thanks for educating the une...

How to roll back to Firefox 3.0.3 from Firefox 3.0.4
After I updated to firefox 3.0.4 I could no longer connect to the internet. Says server not found. Tried several web sites, including google and yahoo. It appears that the problem is with zonealarm firewall. If I turn off the firewall, the pages load. However, zonealarm normaly would ask me to allow it to connect to the internet. But is not since asking me about firefox, just blocking it. Never had that problem before. So while I figure that out, just like to go back to 3.0.3 Thanks for any help I can get. On 16.11.2008 09:30, CET - what odd quirk of fate ca...

63.0.0.0.0/255..0.0.0
Has anyone ever heard of this or know where it goes to.It was asking permission to act as a server? Thanks in advance for any help. "pb" <nothing@nomail.com> wrote in message news:9pa1u4$38b$1@news.grc.com... > Has anyone ever heard of this or know where it goes to.It was asking > permission to act as a server? Thanks in advance for any help. If it shows in your firewall log, can you post a copy of it? -- � -- Robert grc.com forum FAQ - http://grc.com/discussions.htm grc.com forum quick reference - http://grc.com/nntpquickref.htm grc.com forum disclaim...

Firefox 4.0.0 and 4.0.1 file d/l problem
Hi all, Firefox v4.0.0, and v4.0.1 Currently using :- Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (OS/2; Warp 4.5; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/ 20100101 Firefox/4.0.1 The plugins directory is empty, backed up my profile and created a clean one, 'Use Hardware acceleration' is disabled on Options-Advanced. Tools, Options, General, Tick 'Show the Downloads windows when downloading a file' Tick 'Close it when all downloads are finished' Tick 'Always ask me where to save files' Download a file, splat... Firefox implodes with no beeps, no Exceptq files. Moved the Except...

Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons
Name: Nikita Email: rcplain123atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons Comments: Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons. The simple colors of Beta 3 "Back" and "Forward" buttons end up looking better. Also the skinny "Refresh" and "Stop" buttons do not look good. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Home disappears in Firefox 3.0 and Firefox 3.0.3
Name: J. Gonyeau Email: gja352atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Home disappears in Firefox 3.0 and Firefox 3.0.3 Comments: The following has been an ongoing problem for the past 2-3 weeks. I am using Windows XP SP3. In both products, Firefox 3.0 and 3.0.3, the home page (I usually have 3 tabbed sites on startup) disappears and a black page appears. When I press the home button, I get the Mozilla Google page. The only way of getting the correct home is to reload Firefox. The problem is occurring on a 1-3 day interval. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; W...

IP Address 0.0.0.0.0
Some Agent which crosses proxy (MS ISA proxy) are register to the database with 0.0.0.0. When the agent send a request to the server for register, the field ContactAddress has 0.0.0.0 .0 The same PC - Agent without passing a proxy (another location) send a good ContactAdress IP when it register to the server. (Proxy or not) how agent defined addresses IP before to send for registration ? (Locally, with a service network, patchlink network) christian Astinx, can you post the agent update log? -- Shaun Pond PatchLink Update Agent.log 2006/10/23 10:45:14.033...

tab mix plus 0.4.0.3 incompatible with firefox 17.0
tab mix plus (tmp) 0.4.0.3 is incompatible with FF 17.0 upgrade. found the upgrade here https://bitbucket.org/onemen/tabmixplus/downloads as an .xpi for tmp 4.0.4. (ff upgrade did not find it.) to install, drag and drop it onto ff desktop and follow prompts. jim jim wrote: > tab mix plus (tmp) 0.4.0.3 is incompatible with FF 17.0 upgrade. > found the upgrade here https://bitbucket.org/onemen/tabmixplus/downloads > as an .xpi for tmp 4.0.4. (ff upgrade did not find it.) to install, drag > and drop it onto ff desktop and follow prompts. > > jim > Thank ...

!27.0.0.1 vs. 0.0.0.0
I can use any number of tools to see what ports I have listening and/or connected. But among the *Listening* ports, some are 127.0.0.1 and some are 0.0.0.0. What is the difference between 127.0.0.1 and 0.0.0.0 ? Since I've got both - there MUST be a difference. Thanks, Alan 0.0.0.0 stands for all interfaces (example: yourIPaddress,127.0.0.1-127.254.254.254) 127.0.0.1 stands for local interface only (127.0.0.1) > 0.0.0.0 stands for all interfaces > (example: yourIPaddress,127.0.0.1-127.254.254.254) > > 127.0.0.1 stands for local interface only (127....

[Mac OSX 10.5.8] Firefox 3.0.0.13 froze during update to 3.0.0.14 beta
Name: Rainer Petrasch (IRC nick: Amsterdammer) Email: rainerdotpetraschatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: [Mac OSX 10.5.8] Firefox 3.0.0.13 froze during update to 3.0.0.14 beta Comments: Steps to reproduce: 1. Be sure, that updates of add-ons are offered AND update to 3.0.0.14 is offered at the same time 2. Accept Firefox update first 3. incremental update fails 4. full update hangs 5. not possible to end or kill Firefox 6. not possible to restart Mac OSX properly (only on/off button possible) Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; de-DE...

Firefox Setup 3.0.exe Version 4.42.0.0 (7zS.sfx.exe)
Name: Massimo Lombardo Email: lombardoatwasserstadtdotde Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Setup 3.0.exe Version 4.42.0.0 (7zS.sfx.exe) Comments: Dear Mozilla/Firefoy developer ! I have downloaded the installer and by after accepting the License I choose Install customize (not standard) but the installer gave me no choise to config/customize my installation. Please check it THX Massimo Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

after update from 3.0.0 on 3.0.1 firefox can not resolve DNS
Name: Flop Email: serg_flopatmaildotru Product: Firefox Summary: after update from 3.0.0 on 3.0.1 firefox can not resolve DNS Comments: after update from 3.0.0 on 3.0.1 firefox can not resolve DNS.. i can visit for examle google on IP http://64.233.187.99/ but can't open any domen name ex. http://google.com i stop antivirus and not use any firewall in browser settings not use any proxy IE7, miranda, skype and other works good... Network settings assign automaticly: IP/mask/gateway/DNS servers/ i try create new user profile (firefox -p) but it not solve my proble...

Sending proxy ID type 4 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 --How can I populate these BM3.8
I have narrowed a previous issue to this problem. My IPsec compliant firewall (PIX) expects these to have values (I'm assuming that they should contain the IP and subnets of the BM38 server and the other firewall) populated. The IKE screen on the BM3.8 server reports "Sending proxy ID type 4 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0". The PIX reports "testpix(config)# IPSEC(validate_proposal_request): proposal part #1, (key eng. msg.) dest= 192.168.1.1, src= 192.168.1.2, dest_proxy= 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0/0/0 (type=4), src_proxy= 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0/0/0 (type=4), protocol= ESP, t...

Firefox 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 crashes !
Dear all, I've always been a big Firefox fan, but these last versions have really unacceptable crashing rates, approx like every 5-10 minutes.... Is Mozilla REALLY working on it ? Thank you nioski said this on 12/30/2008 6:38 AM: > Dear all, > I've always been a big Firefox fan, > but these last versions have really unacceptable crashing rates, > approx like every 5-10 minutes.... > > Is Mozilla REALLY working on it ? > > Thank you I've had both versions from the day they were official released. Win XP MCE2005 SP3 and have had zero ...

Web resources about - Firefox 2.0.0.3 - 2.0.0.4 session problem - mozilla.support.firefox

Firefox Affiliates

Firefox OS
The latest news about Firefox OS

Techarger Firefox

Firefox Flicks : Winners

Firefox Beta Launches Social API With Facebook Messenger As Initial Partner
As originally announced earlier this month by Firefox parent Mozilla , the beta test of the Web browser’s Social API launched Monday with Facebook ...