Firefox 2.0.0.1 connection problem

Hi.

Till 2 hours ago i had firefox 2 installed on my laptop, and i was
enjoying it.
then the auto update installed 2.0.0.1, and since that second, firefox
connected to the internet no more!

right now i'm using exploler, which works just fine (every other
program that uses the internet works just fine), and i tried everything
suggested on the forums (including disabling the firewall, enabling
IPV6, and restarting my computer).

Suggestions anybody?

Leo

-1
scoti5
12/20/2006 8:41:03 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 23575 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

scoti5 a b=E3gat versurile::
> Hi.
>=20
> Till 2 hours ago i had firefox 2 installed on my laptop, and i was
> enjoying it.
> then the auto update installed 2.0.0.1, and since that second, firefox
> connected to the internet no more!
>=20
> right now i'm using exploler, which works just fine (every other
> program that uses the internet works just fine), and i tried everything=

> suggested on the forums (including disabling the firewall, enabling
> IPV6, and restarting my computer).
>=20
> Suggestions anybody?
>=20
> Leo
>=20
Safe mode, new profile, clear cache?
1
gebeleizis
12/20/2006 8:59:15 AM
scoti5 wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Till 2 hours ago i had firefox 2 installed on my laptop, and i was
> enjoying it. then the auto update installed 2.0.0.1, and since that
> second, firefox connected to the internet no more!
>
> right now i'm using exploler, which works just fine (every other
> program that uses the internet works just fine), and i tried
> everything suggested on the forums (including disabling the firewall,
> enabling IPV6, and restarting my computer).
>
> Suggestions anybody?
>
> Leo

do you have any firewall program running in your system? if you have any
then delete firefox entry from it and start FF
1
Nir
12/20/2006 9:37:15 AM
scoti5 wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Till 2 hours ago i had firefox 2 installed on my laptop, and i was
> enjoying it. then the auto update installed 2.0.0.1, and since that
> second, firefox connected to the internet no more!
>
> right now i'm using exploler, which works just fine (every other
> program that uses the internet works just fine), and i tried
> everything suggested on the forums (including disabling the
> firewall, enabling IPV6, and restarting my computer).
>
> Suggestions anybody?
>
> Leo

Hi,

I know you said that you disabled your firewall and restarted your
computer, possibly your firewall restarted automatically after PC reboot?

Refer to the following for additional information:

     http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_any_website

Ian
1
Ian

firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.2 download window problem
I am having a problem with the download options in the browser. Hope I can explain this correctly so it makes sense. I went to "options" "download" and tried changing it there for various settings with no change. Problem just started with 2.0.01 and unfortunately the browser updated to 2.0.0.2 before I could stop it but problems still there. My other computer works fine with both versions so I think something got corrupted but don't know what or how to fix it. I don't want to uninstall FF and reinstall it and lose all my bookmarks. Is there a r...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

I like firefox 2.0.0.0 better than 2.0.0.1
Name: tsit chan Email: chantsitathkbndotnet Product: Firefox Summary: I like firefox 2.0.0.0 better than 2.0.0.1 Comments: 2.0.0.1 version allows minimized pages pop up when open multi- tabs in one page ,until this fixed i prefer 2.0.0.0 before any new release. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Firefox 1.5.0.10 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 are now available for Windows, =20 Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com). Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20 updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.10 is available for =20 download from ...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Firefox 1.5.0.10 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 are now available for Windows, =20 Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com). Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20 updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.10 is available for =20 download from ...

Firefox 1.5.0.9 and 2.0.0.1 McAfee Firewall Problem
I just upgraded to Firefox 1.5.0.9 on one winXP system and 2.0.0.1 on a 2nd system. Both result in McAfee Firewall to display the following message several times, every time firefox accesses a web page. "This application has changed from when you were originally prompted for it. This could be the result of an upgrade in the application, or it could be a malicious application trying to gain network access." Clicking "OK" allows firefox to continue, but McAfee does not "learn", and subsequent web-page accesses produces the above error again. Is ther...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 & 2.0.0.3 niggly problem
I just upgraded both my desktop and my laptop to FF v2.0.0.2 a couple days ago. Both began doing the same annoying thing. When I click a URL shortcut on my desktop or a link in my newsreader, an error box pops up saying "File http://blahblahblah or one of its components not found. Make sure the path and filename are correct." Then FF goes ahead and loads the page. This doesn't happen if FF is already running. If it's not running, it happens every time. I just downloaded 2.0.0.3. Same story. Any clues? -- Dale Beckett Dale Beckett wrote:...

Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 release tomorrow (Tuesday 12/19)
We are on track for releasing Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 tomorrow. The plan is: 1. Push the bits out to the mirrors Monday night 2. Make mozilla.com website changes and downloads live at 10am Tuesday morning 3. Updates will go live between 4 - 5pm Tuesday evening QA will be doing their live spot checks and update testing during that time... and hopefully everyone will start getting their updates as early Christmas presents by tomorrow night. - Jay Jay Patel wrote: > We are on track for releasing Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox ...

Firefox 1.0.6 and Firefox 1.0 display problem
With Firefox 1.0 I consistently and without fail, on every single page load, had a problem with the page loading to completion in the browser window and then hanging for about 15-18 seconds before I could do anything with the browser, including closing it down or using any of the navigation buttons, including page scrolling. What would happen is that the page would finish loading, display OK, and be functional for perhaps a couple of seconds, and then hang for 15 or so seconds, and then become usable again.. This happened even when I returned to a cached page. It became so annoying tha...

Online Firefox Update ver. 2.0.0.0 to ver. 2.0.0.1 fails
Name: user - europe Product: Firefox Summary: Online Firefox Update ver. 2.0.0.0 to ver. 2.0.0.1 fails Comments: The online update ver. 2.0.0.0 to ver. 2.0.0.1 indicates that a number of files could not be updated resp. installed, although I folowed your instruction and closed as many running applications as possible. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-GB; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

printing issues with firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.3
Name: ledatica Email: ledaticaathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: printing issues with firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.3 Comments: OS - windows XP home edition with SP2 After installing Firefox version 2.0.0.3 I noticed that web page printing is out of order, when the xp user account is a limited account. I checked to see the print preview and that showed me only partial page displayed and only prints partial page. I logged back on as XP admin account and checked the same web page again. This time both the print preview and the actual printing came out exactly as the web...

Firefox 2.0.0.3
hi; my site is http://www.nedir.net. it's frame based. any user login to this site and server create a session. user click any subject from left frame and show content to main frame, session ok! but users when jump to other page (1-2-3 .. ) at content page, session cannot load. this problem for only some firefox users, not ie, opera etc.. math wrote: > hi; > my site is http://www.nedir.net. it's frame based. any user login to > this site and server create a session. user click any subject from > left frame and show content to main frame, session ok! but users w...

Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 update... release date pushed out to Tue. 12/19
We have final candidate builds and are wrapping up QA, but will not be able to hit the original release date... the new tentative release date for Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 is *Tuesday, December 19*. More info about the release can be found at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:1.5.0.9-2.0.0.1:Community Thanks! - Jay Jay Patel napsal: > We have final candidate builds and are wrapping up QA, but will not be > able to hit the original release date... the new tentative release date > for Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 is *Tue...

Web resources about - Firefox 2.0.0.1 connection problem - mozilla.support.firefox

Perth-based man linked to NZ rape cases unmasked after DNA connection
A rape victim has blasted police for refusing to reveal the name of the man linked by DNA evidence to a series of horrific sexual attacks on ...

Police release image in connection with suspicious death
POLICE are wanting to speak with two men to help with investigations into the possibly suspicious death of a man on the Sunshine Coast on Sunday. ...

Melbourne's happiest tram driver brings joy and connection to the daily grind
It's a drizzly, grey Saturday morning on the 109 from Box Hill to Port Melbourne.

Arrests made in connection with 3 OC escaped inmates, sheriff says
Orange County Sheriff Sandra Hutchens said five arrests have been made in connection with three inmates who escaped the Orange County Central ...

Virgina Tech students arrested in connection with missing girl found dead - Videos - CBS News
Two Virgina Tech students were arrested this weekend in connection with the death of a 13-year-old girl. The girl's family reported her missing ...

Brazil’s Distributed Generation Connections Triple In 2015
Distributed generation of electricity in Brazil showed a remarkably strong growth trend in 2015, as the number of connections grew 308%. This ...