Firefox 2.0.0.1 connection problem

Hi.

Till 2 hours ago i had firefox 2 installed on my laptop, and i was
enjoying it.
then the auto update installed 2.0.0.1, and since that second, firefox
connected to the internet no more!

right now i'm using exploler, which works just fine (every other
program that uses the internet works just fine), and i tried everything
suggested on the forums (including disabling the firewall, enabling
IPV6, and restarting my computer).

Suggestions anybody?

Leo

-1
scoti5
12/20/2006 8:41:03 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 23681 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

scoti5 a b=E3gat versurile::
> Hi.
>=20
> Till 2 hours ago i had firefox 2 installed on my laptop, and i was
> enjoying it.
> then the auto update installed 2.0.0.1, and since that second, firefox
> connected to the internet no more!
>=20
> right now i'm using exploler, which works just fine (every other
> program that uses the internet works just fine), and i tried everything=

> suggested on the forums (including disabling the firewall, enabling
> IPV6, and restarting my computer).
>=20
> Suggestions anybody?
>=20
> Leo
>=20
Safe mode, new profile, clear cache?
1
gebeleizis
12/20/2006 8:59:15 AM
scoti5 wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Till 2 hours ago i had firefox 2 installed on my laptop, and i was
> enjoying it. then the auto update installed 2.0.0.1, and since that
> second, firefox connected to the internet no more!
>
> right now i'm using exploler, which works just fine (every other
> program that uses the internet works just fine), and i tried
> everything suggested on the forums (including disabling the firewall,
> enabling IPV6, and restarting my computer).
>
> Suggestions anybody?
>
> Leo

do you have any firewall program running in your system? if you have any
then delete firefox entry from it and start FF
1
Nir
12/20/2006 9:37:15 AM
scoti5 wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Till 2 hours ago i had firefox 2 installed on my laptop, and i was
> enjoying it. then the auto update installed 2.0.0.1, and since that
> second, firefox connected to the internet no more!
>
> right now i'm using exploler, which works just fine (every other
> program that uses the internet works just fine), and i tried
> everything suggested on the forums (including disabling the
> firewall, enabling IPV6, and restarting my computer).
>
> Suggestions anybody?
>
> Leo

Hi,

I know you said that you disabled your firewall and restarted your
computer, possibly your firewall restarted automatically after PC reboot?

Refer to the following for additional information:

     http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_any_website

Ian
1
Ian

Web resources about - Firefox 2.0.0.1 connection problem - mozilla.support.firefox

Perth-based man linked to NZ rape cases unmasked after DNA connection
A rape victim has blasted police for refusing to reveal the name of the man linked by DNA evidence to a series of horrific sexual attacks on ...

Police release image in connection with suspicious death
POLICE are wanting to speak with two men to help with investigations into the possibly suspicious death of a man on the Sunshine Coast on Sunday. ...

Melbourne's happiest tram driver brings joy and connection to the daily grind
It's a drizzly, grey Saturday morning on the 109 from Box Hill to Port Melbourne.

Arrests made in connection with 3 OC escaped inmates, sheriff says
Orange County Sheriff Sandra Hutchens said five arrests have been made in connection with three inmates who escaped the Orange County Central ...

Virgina Tech students arrested in connection with missing girl found dead - Videos - CBS News
Two Virgina Tech students were arrested this weekend in connection with the death of a 13-year-old girl. The girl's family reported her missing ...

Brazil’s Distributed Generation Connections Triple In 2015
Distributed generation of electricity in Brazil showed a remarkably strong growth trend in 2015, as the number of connections grew 308%. This ...