Firefox 13.01 and Adobe flash player

I have finally given up trying to get the latest version of flash
working. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Both Goggle Chrome and Internet
explorer work Ok with the latest Adobe Flash Player. For now have
reverted to Goggle Chrome.

Is the a fix in the works

---
Virus Database (VPS): 120629-1, 06/29/2012
Tested on: 6/29/2012 9:39:24 AM

david

On 06/29/2012 12:39 PM, david wells wrote:
> I have finally given up trying to get the latest version of flash
> working. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Both Goggle Chrome and Internet
> explorer work Ok with the latest Adobe Flash Player. For now have
> reverted to Goggle Chrome.
>
> Is the a fix in the works

Don't know since you didn't explain what your exact problem is in
relation to. Crashes? Doesn't play videos?

My crystal ball says

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/flash-113-doesnt-load-video-firefox#os=win&browser=fx13

--
openSUSE 12.1 | KDE 4.8.4
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20120619 Thunderbird/14.0
On 6/29/2012 12:39 PM, david wells wrote:
> I have finally given up trying to get the latest version of flash
> working. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Both Goggle Chrome and Internet
> explorer work Ok with the latest Adobe Flash Player. For now have
> reverted to Goggle Chrome.
>
> Is the a fix in the works

Goggle Chrome has Flash support built in.

Internet Explorer uses  "Flash Player for Internet Explorer"

Firefox uses "Flash Player for Other Browsers"

The two Flash Player plugins are different. You can install both at the
same time.

If you have Realplayer installed disable it. I would remove it myself.
--

  David
0
On 06/29/2012 10:09, David wrote:
> On 6/29/2012 12:39 PM, david wells wrote:
>> I have finally given up trying to get the latest version of flash
>> working. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Both Goggle Chrome and Internet
>> explorer work Ok with the latest Adobe Flash Player. For now have
>> reverted to Goggle Chrome.
>>
>> Is the a fix in the works
>
> Goggle Chrome has Flash support built in.
>
> Internet Explorer uses  "Flash Player for Internet Explorer"
>
> Firefox uses "Flash Player for Other Browsers"
>
> The two Flash Player plugins are different. You can install both at the
> same time.
>
> If you have Realplayer installed disable it. I would remove it myself.
It does not work at all. When I go to Flash Player about I do not get
the spinning cube just the add.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 120629-1, 06/29/2012
Tested on: 6/29/2012 11:28:23 AM

david
6/29/2012 6:28:23 PM
On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 09:39:23 -0700, david wells wrote:

> I have finally given up trying to get the latest version of flash
> working. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Both Goggle Chrome and Internet
> explorer work Ok with the latest Adobe Flash Player. For now have
> reverted to Goggle Chrome.
>
> Is the a fix in the works

There is no problem, so there is no fix. Try this:

- uninstall Flash with this uninstaller:
<http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html>

- download and install the latest Flash Player (11.3.300.262) for Fx:
<https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html>

- start Fx with add-ons disabled

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 120629-1, 06/29/2012
> Tested on: 6/29/2012 9:39:24 AM

Please turn this off.

--
s|b
david wells wrote:
> I have finally given up trying to get the latest version of flash
> working. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Both Goggle Chrome and Internet
> explorer work Ok with the latest Adobe Flash Player. For now have
> reverted to Goggle Chrome.
>
> Is the a fix in the works
>

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 120629-1, 06/29/2012
> Tested on: 6/29/2012 9:39:24 AM

Firefox requires a special flash plug-in (11.3.300.262). See:
http://tinyurl.com/7kv75m2

It can be found at: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

The 32 bit version will work on Win 7 64 bit.

0
Evan
6/29/2012 10:39:06 PM
Evan Davidson wrote:
> david wells wrote:
>> I have finally given up trying to get the latest version
>> of flash working. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Both
>> Goggle Chrome and Internet explorer work Ok with the
>> latest Adobe Flash Player. For now have reverted to Goggle
>> Chrome.
>>
>> Is the a fix in the works
>>

> Firefox requires a special flash plug-in (11.3.300.262).
> See: http://tinyurl.com/7kv75m2
>
> It can be found at: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
>
> The 32 bit version will work on Win 7 64 bit.

I have a problem with some videos also, and I installed the
new version of Flash, with no change.  However, I can still
see some videos.  For example, on the NYTimes home page
(www.nytimes.com), there is a little window half-way down
the page, with four videos.  I can watch those videos.
However, if I go to the NYTimes Video page (left hand menu
on the home page, under Multimedia), and select the exact
same video from the list on the right, a Flash window seems
to open, and controls appear on the bottom, but no video
plays.  I have no clue if it's a Flash problem, an html
problem, a Firefox problem, or an add-on.  I deleted one of
the Real Play add-ons, but nothing changed.

Neil

My System: Windows XP SP3+, 2G RAM, .5G VRAM Nvidia, Firefox
13.0, Flash .262

0
Neil
6/30/2012 5:47:50 AM
On 6/30/2012 12:47 AM, Neil wrote:
> Evan Davidson wrote:
>> david wells wrote:
>>> I have finally given up trying to get the latest version
>>> of flash working. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Both
>>> Goggle Chrome and Internet explorer work Ok with the
>>> latest Adobe Flash Player. For now have reverted to Goggle
>>> Chrome.
>>>
>>> Is the a fix in the works
>>>

>> Firefox requires a special flash plug-in (11.3.300.262).
>> See: http://tinyurl.com/7kv75m2
>>
>> It can be found at: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
>>
>> The 32 bit version will work on Win 7 64 bit.
>>
> I have a problem with some videos also, and I installed the new version
> of Flash, with no change.  However, I can still see some videos.  For
> example, on the NYTimes home page (www.nytimes.com), there is a little
> window half-way down the page, with four videos.  I can watch those
> videos. However, if I go to the NYTimes Video page (left hand menu on
> the home page, under Multimedia), and select the exact same video from
> the list on the right, a Flash window seems to open, and controls appear
> on the bottom, but no video plays.  I have no clue if it's a Flash
> problem, an html problem, a Firefox problem, or an add-on.  I deleted
> one of the Real Play add-ons, but nothing changed.
>
> Neil
>
> My System: Windows XP SP3+, 2G RAM, .5G VRAM Nvidia, Firefox 13.0, Flash
> .262

The videos play just fine here.  Win7 64 bit, with Flash 11.3.300.262.
Something on your machine is preventing the videos from playing.

0
Ron
6/30/2012 7:41:30 AM
On 6/30/2012 1:47 AM, Neil wrote:
> Evan Davidson wrote:
>> david wells wrote:
>>> I have finally given up trying to get the latest version
>>> of flash working. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Both
>>> Goggle Chrome and Internet explorer work Ok with the
>>> latest Adobe Flash Player. For now have reverted to Goggle
>>> Chrome.
>>>
>>> Is the a fix in the works
>>>

>> Firefox requires a special flash plug-in (11.3.300.262).
>> See: http://tinyurl.com/7kv75m2
>>
>> It can be found at: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
>>
>> The 32 bit version will work on Win 7 64 bit.
>>
> I have a problem with some videos also, and I installed the new version
> of Flash, with no change.  However, I can still see some videos.  For
> example, on the NYTimes home page (www.nytimes.com), there is a little
> window half-way down the page, with four videos.  I can watch those
> videos. However, if I go to the NYTimes Video page (left hand menu on
> the home page, under Multimedia), and select the exact same video from
> the list on the right, a Flash window seems to open, and controls appear
> on the bottom, but no video plays.  I have no clue if it's a Flash
> problem, an html problem, a Firefox problem, or an add-on.  I deleted
> one of the Real Play add-ons, but nothing changed.
>
> Neil
>
> My System: Windows XP SP3+, 2G RAM, .5G VRAM Nvidia, Firefox 13.0, Flash
> .262

I occasionally have problems having some videos play on the initial page
load since I started using AdBlock Plus.  The videos usually play if I
reload the page.  My conjecture is that the videos initially want to
load an ad and are waiting for a signal that the ad has been played
before loading the video itself and reloading the page somehow spoofs
that signal.  I just live with it and reload the page, which, IMHO, is
better than watching the ads.
Dave Pyles

0
Dave
6/30/2012 11:57:50 AM
On 06/30/2012 07:57 AM, Dave Pyles wrote:
> On 6/30/2012 1:47 AM, Neil wrote:
>> Evan Davidson wrote:

>>> Firefox requires a special flash plug-in (11.3.300.262).
>>> See: http://tinyurl.com/7kv75m2
>>>
>>> It can be found at: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
>>>
>>> The 32 bit version will work on Win 7 64 bit.
>>>
>> I have a problem with some videos also, and I installed the new version
>> of Flash, with no change.  However, I can still see some videos.  For
>> example, on the NYTimes home page (www.nytimes.com), there is a little
>> window half-way down the page, with four videos.  I can watch those
>> videos. However, if I go to the NYTimes Video page (left hand menu on
>> the home page, under Multimedia), and select the exact same video from
>> the list on the right, a Flash window seems to open, and controls appear
>> on the bottom, but no video plays.  I have no clue if it's a Flash
>> problem, an html problem, a Firefox problem, or an add-on.  I deleted
>> one of the Real Play add-ons, but nothing changed.
>>
>> Neil
>>
>> My System: Windows XP SP3+, 2G RAM, .5G VRAM Nvidia, Firefox 13.0, Flash
>> .262
>>
> I occasionally have problems having some videos play on the initial page
> load since I started using AdBlock Plus.  The videos usually play if I
> reload the page.  My conjecture is that the videos initially want to
> load an ad and are waiting for a signal that the ad has been played
> before loading the video itself and reloading the page somehow spoofs
> that signal.  I just live with it and reload the page, which, IMHO, is
> better than watching the ads.
> Dave Pyles

I just disable Adblock Plus for that type of page. Sometimes the ads are
more entertaining.

--
openSUSE 12.1 | KDE 4.8.4
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20120619 Thunderbird/14.0
0
WLS
6/30/2012 12:05:33 PM
On 6/30/2012 8:05 AM, WLS wrote:
> On 06/30/2012 07:57 AM, Dave Pyles wrote:

>>> I have a problem with some videos also, and I installed the new version
>>> of Flash, with no change.  However, I can still see some videos.  For
>>> example, on the NYTimes home page (www.nytimes.com), there is a little
>>> window half-way down the page, with four videos.  I can watch those
>>> videos. However, if I go to the NYTimes Video page (left hand menu on
>>> the home page, under Multimedia), and select the exact same video from
>>> the list on the right, a Flash window seems to open, and controls appear
>>> on the bottom, but no video plays.  I have no clue if it's a Flash
>>> problem, an html problem, a Firefox problem, or an add-on.  I deleted
>>> one of the Real Play add-ons, but nothing changed.
>>>
>>> Neil
>>>
>>> My System: Windows XP SP3+, 2G RAM, .5G VRAM Nvidia, Firefox 13.0, Flash
>>> .262
>>>
>> I occasionally have problems having some videos play on the initial page
>> load since I started using AdBlock Plus.  The videos usually play if I
>> reload the page.  My conjecture is that the videos initially want to
>> load an ad and are waiting for a signal that the ad has been played
>> before loading the video itself and reloading the page somehow spoofs
>> that signal.  I just live with it and reload the page, which, IMHO, is
>> better than watching the ads.
>> Dave Pyles
>>

> I just disable Adblock Plus for that type of page. Sometimes the ads are
> more entertaining.

I sometimes do that, too, but if you disable AdBlock after the page has
loaded because the video wouldn't play, it still involves reloading the
page, at least in my experience.
Dave Pyles

0
Dave
6/30/2012 12:55:13 PM
On 06/30/2012 08:55 AM, Dave Pyles wrote:
> On 6/30/2012 8:05 AM, WLS wrote:

>>> I occasionally have problems having some videos play on the initial page
>>> load since I started using AdBlock Plus.  The videos usually play if I
>>> reload the page.  My conjecture is that the videos initially want to
>>> load an ad and are waiting for a signal that the ad has been played
>>> before loading the video itself and reloading the page somehow spoofs
>>> that signal.  I just live with it and reload the page, which, IMHO, is
>>> better than watching the ads.
>>> Dave Pyles
>>>

>> I just disable Adblock Plus for that type of page. Sometimes the ads are
>> more entertaining.
>>
> I sometimes do that, too, but if you disable AdBlock after the page has
> loaded because the video wouldn't play, it still involves reloading the
> page, at least in my experience.
> Dave Pyles

It does involve reloading the page.

Maybe I'll give your method a try the next time I'm on Hulu.
--
openSUSE 12.1 | KDE 4.8.4
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20120619 Thunderbird/14.0
0
WLS
6/30/2012 1:11:37 PM
On 6/30/2012 9:11 AM, WLS wrote:
> On 06/30/2012 08:55 AM, Dave Pyles wrote:

>>> I just disable Adblock Plus for that type of page. Sometimes the ads are
>>> more entertaining.
>>>
>> I sometimes do that, too, but if you disable AdBlock after the page has
>> loaded because the video wouldn't play, it still involves reloading the
>> page, at least in my experience.
>> Dave Pyles
>>

> It does involve reloading the page.
>
> Maybe I'll give your method a try the next time I'm on Hulu.

It doesn't work on Hulu.  You have to disable the the extension for that
site.  They REALLY want you to see their ads.
Dave Pyles

0
Dave
6/30/2012 1:48:33 PM
On 6/29/2012 12:39 PM, david wells wrote:
> I have finally given up trying to get the latest version of flash
> working. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Both Goggle Chrome and Internet
> explorer work Ok with the latest Adobe Flash Player. For now have
> reverted to Goggle Chrome.

> Is the a fix in the works

I realize that this is slightly old,
BUT
Ok, I admit I still have Flash installed,
BUT (there's that word again)
I WILL NOT INSTALL ANY FLASH past flashplayer10.2.152.32.
Look into just what they really put into flash after that version. I for
one (Not really parrynoid BUT) don't wish to have things going on that
surrender that much control to others inside my PC with out knowing
about it.

0
Hp
7/25/2012 11:26:41 PM
Am 26.07.2012 01:26, schrieb Hp:
> On 6/29/2012 12:39 PM, david wells wrote:
>> I have finally given up trying to get the latest version of flash
>> working. I am running Windows 7 64 bit.

Just to add to this complaint: the latest version of Adobe flash player
is not supported in Firefox 10.0.5 ESR either.

> Ok, I admit I still have Flash installed,
>
> I WILL NOT INSTALL ANY FLASH past flashplayer10.2.152.32.

There are no problems with Shockwave Flash version 11.2.202.235 in
Firefox 10.0.5 ESR however.
-rebro

0
rebro
7/26/2012 9:09:22 AM
Am 26.07.2012 11:09, schrieb rebro:
> Am 26.07.2012 01:26, schrieb Hp:
>> On 6/29/2012 12:39 PM, david wells wrote:
>>> I have finally given up trying to get the latest version of flash
>>> working. I am running Windows 7 64 bit.
>>
> Just to add to this complaint: the latest version of Adobe flash player
> is not supported in Firefox 10.0.5 ESR either.
>
>> Ok, I admit I still have Flash installed,
>>
>> I WILL NOT INSTALL ANY FLASH past flashplayer10.2.152.32.
>
> There are no problems with Shockwave Flash version 11.2.202.235 in
> Firefox 10.0.5 ESR however.

Today's updated Adobe Flash Player version 11.3.300.268 does not work in
Firefox 10.0.5 ESR either.
-rebro

0
rebro
7/26/2012 10:56:35 AM
On 7/26/2012 6:56 AM, rebro wrote:
> Am 26.07.2012 11:09, schrieb rebro:
>>>
>> Just to add to this complaint: the latest version of Adobe flash player
>> is not supported in Firefox 10.0.5 ESR either.
>>
>>> Ok, I admit I still have Flash installed,
>>>
>>> I WILL NOT INSTALL ANY FLASH past flashplayer10.2.152.32.
>>
>> There are no problems with Shockwave Flash version 11.2.202.235 in
>> Firefox 10.0.5 ESR however.
>>

> Today's updated Adobe Flash Player version 11.3.300.268 does not work in
> Firefox 10.0.5 ESR either.

Does this latest Flash work with the latest Firefox ESR?  Firefox 10.0.6.

--

   David
0
On 7/26/2012 6:56 AM, rebro wrote:
> Am 26.07.2012 11:09, schrieb rebro:
>>>
>> Just to add to this complaint: the latest version of Adobe flash player
>> is not supported in Firefox 10.0.5 ESR either.
>>
>>> Ok, I admit I still have Flash installed,
>>>
>>> I WILL NOT INSTALL ANY FLASH past flashplayer10.2.152.32.
>>
>> There are no problems with Shockwave Flash version 11.2.202.235 in
>> Firefox 10.0.5 ESR however.
>>

> Today's updated Adobe Flash Player version 11.3.300.268 does not work in
> Firefox 10.0.5 ESR either.

Does this latest Flash work with the latest Firefox ESR?  Firefox 10.0.6.

--

   David
0
David
7/26/2012 2:34:53 PM
Am 26.07.2012 16:32, schrieb David:
> On 7/26/2012 6:56 AM, rebro wrote:
>>>>
>>> Just to add to this complaint: the latest version of Adobe flash player
>>> is not supported in Firefox 10.0.5 ESR either.

>>> There are no problems with Shockwave Flash version 11.2.202.235 in
>>> Firefox 10.0.5 ESR however.
>>>

>> Today's updated Adobe Flash Player version 11.3.300.268 does not work in
>> Firefox 10.0.5 ESR either.
>

> Does this latest Flash work with the latest Firefox ESR?  Firefox 10.0.6.

It does.
In my case it's Firefox 10.0.6 ESR Portable interacting with the plugins
in my default FF 14.0.1.
In my contribution above I referred to Firefox 10.0.5 ESR Portable as an
integral part of the Tor Bundle. Sorry, I should have been more precise.
-rebro
0
rebro
7/26/2012 4:42:27 PM
Am 26.07.2012 16:34, schrieb David:
> On 7/26/2012 6:56 AM, rebro wrote:
>>>>
>>> Just to add to this complaint: the latest version of Adobe flash player
>>> is not supported in Firefox 10.0.5 ESR either.

>>> There are no problems with Shockwave Flash version 11.2.202.235 in
>>> Firefox 10.0.5 ESR however.
>>>

>> Today's updated Adobe Flash Player version 11.3.300.268 does not work in
>> Firefox 10.0.5 ESR either.
>

> Does this latest Flash work with the latest Firefox ESR?  Firefox 10.0.6.

see above.
0
rebro
7/26/2012 4:54:32 PM
On 07/26/2012 01:26 AM, Hp wrote:
> On 6/29/2012 12:39 PM, david wells wrote:
>> I have finally given up trying to get the latest version of flash
>> working. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Both Goggle Chrome and Internet
>> explorer work Ok with the latest Adobe Flash Player. For now have
>> reverted to Goggle Chrome.
>
> I realize that this is slightly old,
> BUT
> Ok, I admit I still have Flash installed,
> BUT (there's that word again)
> I WILL NOT INSTALL ANY FLASH past flashplayer10.2.152.32.
> Look into just what they really put into flash after that version. I for
> one (Not really parrynoid BUT) don't wish to have things going on that
> surrender that much control to others inside my PC with out knowing
> about it.

What did they put into Flash after version 10.2.152.32?

--
Christian
0