Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates

As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update
process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are
now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from
getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com
(http://www.getthunderbird.com).

We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest
release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including
Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more.

Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability
updates until April 24, 2007. All users are strongly encouraged to
upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.9 is
available for download from http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all-older.html.

If you already have Firefox 1.5.0.x, Firefox 2.0.0.x or Thunderbird
1.5.0.x, you will receive an automated update notification within 24 to
48 hours. This update can also be applied manually by selecting �Check
for Updates�� from the Help menu.

For more information, please see: Firefox 1.5.0.9 Release Notes
(http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/releases/1.5.0.9.html), Firefox 2.0.0.1
Release Notes (http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/2.0.0.1/releasenotes/) and
Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Release Notes
(http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/releases/1.5.0.9.html).
--
Basil Hashem
basil@mozilla.com

On 20/12/2006 03:24, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Basil Hashem
to generate the following:? :
> As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update
> process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are
> now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from
> getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com
> (http://www.getthunderbird.com).
>
> We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest
> release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including
> Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more.
>
> Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability
> updates until April 24, 2007. All users are strongly encouraged to
> upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.9 is
> available for download from http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all-older.html.
>
> If you already have Firefox 1.5.0.x, Firefox 2.0.0.x or Thunderbird
> 1.5.0.x, you will receive an automated update notification within 24 to
> 48 hours. This update can also be applied manually by selecting �Check
> for Updates�� from the Help menu.
>
> For more information, please see: Firefox 1.5.0.9 Release Notes
> (http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/releases/1.5.0.9.html), Firefox 2.0.0.1
> Release Notes (http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/2.0.0.1/releasenotes/) and
> Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Release Notes
> (http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/releases/1.5.0.9.html).

yes - and the sodding TB1.5.0.9 auto-updated, even though told "NO" -
another crap-shot from the devs "WE know what's best for you" ????

reg
1
squaredancer
12/20/2006 6:10:28 PM
squaredancer wrote:
[...]
> yes - and the sodding TB1.5.0.9 auto-updated, even though told "NO" -
> another crap-shot from the devs "WE know what's best for you" ????
>
> reg

In The Preferences UI, under Advanced => Update, select "Ask me what I want to
do". That way, even if the software selects an upgrade you can answer "Later".

Best regards,
Tony.
1
Tony
12/21/2006 1:29:50 AM
On 21/12/2006 02:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Tony
Mechelynck to generate the following:? :
> squaredancer wrote:
> [...]
>
>> yes - and the sodding TB1.5.0.9 auto-updated, even though told "NO" -
>> another crap-shot from the devs "WE know what's best for you" ????
>>
>> reg
>>

> In The Preferences UI, under Advanced => Update, select "Ask me what I want to
> do". That way, even if the software selects an upgrade you can answer "Later".
>

> Best regards,
> Tony.

yepp, Tony.... I have, I did.... and so did the darned update!  at least
here, the "no thanks, I don't want it" answer (from me) was treated as
one would expect M$ to do...

reg
1
squaredancer