Firefox 1.5.0.9 and 2.0.0.1 McAfee Firewall Problem

I just upgraded to Firefox 1.5.0.9 on one winXP system and 2.0.0.1 on a
2nd system.
Both result in McAfee Firewall to display the following message several
times, every time firefox accesses a web page.

"This application has changed from when you were originally prompted
for it.
This could be the result of an upgrade in the application, or it could
be a malicious
application trying to gain network access."

Clicking "OK" allows firefox to continue, but McAfee does not "learn",
and subsequent web-page accesses produces the above error again.

Is there a fix for this? I really don't want to use IE.

Thanks,

John

0
jjk
12/20/2006 10:07:50 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24319 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

jjk wrote:
> I just upgraded to Firefox 1.5.0.9 on one winXP system and 2.0.0.1 on a
> 2nd system.
> Both result in McAfee Firewall to display the following message several
> times, every time firefox accesses a web page.
>
> "This application has changed from when you were originally prompted
> for it.
> This could be the result of an upgrade in the application, or it could
> be a malicious
> application trying to gain network access."
>
> Clicking "OK" allows firefox to continue, but McAfee does not "learn",
> and subsequent web-page accesses produces the above error again.
>
> Is there a fix for this? I really don't want to use IE.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls#McAfee_Personal_Firewall
or
http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/faq3.asp?docid=372526
0
Nir
12/20/2006 10:13:19 PM
Nir wrote:
> jjk wrote:
> > I just upgraded to Firefox 1.5.0.9 on one winXP system and 2.0.0.1 on a
[...]
> > John
> >
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls#McAfee_Personal_Firewall
> or
> http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/faq3.asp?docid=372526

Thanks! That fixed it.

- John

0
jjk

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 release tomorrow (Tuesday 12/19)
We are on track for releasing Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 tomorrow. The plan is: 1. Push the bits out to the mirrors Monday night 2. Make mozilla.com website changes and downloads live at 10am Tuesday morning 3. Updates will go live between 4 - 5pm Tuesday evening QA will be doing their live spot checks and update testing during that time... and hopefully everyone will start getting their updates as early Christmas presents by tomorrow night. - Jay Jay Patel wrote: > We are on track for releasing Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox ...

Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 update... release date pushed out to Tue. 12/19
We have final candidate builds and are wrapping up QA, but will not be able to hit the original release date... the new tentative release date for Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 is *Tuesday, December 19*. More info about the release can be found at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:1.5.0.9-2.0.0.1:Community Thanks! - Jay Jay Patel napsal: > We have final candidate builds and are wrapping up QA, but will not be > able to hit the original release date... the new tentative release date > for Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 is *Tue...

Firefox 1.5.0.9/2.0.0.1 Update
We are still triaging bugs, but have made good progress this week. However, we still have many bugs that need patches and many more that need to be triaged and either approved for quick fixes or pushed out to the next release(s). If we hope to ship before the holidays, we need to have RC1 build in hand in about a week... *So let's try to hit our new code freeze date: Thursday 11/30 If you are a blocker bug owner, please try to get your patches in and request for approval asap! We will be granting checkin approval daily, so be ready to land when given the a= :-) * Fo...

firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.2 download window problem
I am having a problem with the download options in the browser. Hope I can explain this correctly so it makes sense. I went to "options" "download" and tried changing it there for various settings with no change. Problem just started with 2.0.01 and unfortunately the browser updated to 2.0.0.2 before I could stop it but problems still there. My other computer works fine with both versions so I think something got corrupted but don't know what or how to fix it. I don't want to uninstall FF and reinstall it and lose all my bookmarks. Is there a r...

Firefox Install Directory Path 1.5.0.8/9 vs 2.0.0.1 and Beyond?
I'm having some trouble with the Firefox 2.0.0.1 Install program's directory path. I had the previous version 1.5.0.8 installed to C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Firefox I attempted to install 2.0.0.1 giving it direction to my previous structure as above but it insisted on tacking on "Mozilla Firefox" to the end of the install path I gave it, leaving with me a mess including: C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Firefox\Mozilla Firefox I've since uninstalled my 2.0.0.1 attempt and tried updating from the Help menu. I now have 1.5.0.9 and the install and directories ...

Problem Building firefox 1.5.0.7 and 1.5.0.9
Hello! I'm trying to compile both firefox 1.5.0.7 and 1.5.0.9 in a Fedora Core 6 to build a new extension. However, I'm getting the problem that I attach bellow.... My mozconfig file is: mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT=browser # add other common options here, such as making a static release build and # disabling tests ac_add_options --enable-optimize --disable-debug ac_add_options --disable-tests # Build Firefox mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/firefox-static ac_add_options --enable-application=browser and I compile using: #!/bin/bash export MOZCONF...

Testday - Friday, May18th: Firefox 1.5.0.12
Hi Mozilla Community Testers!, Please join the Mozilla QA community for Testday on Friday, May 18th, 2007! This week, we will be looking at the Firefox 1.5.0.12 and 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.12 Release Candidates The event will run Friday, May 18th, 2007, from 7am - 5pm PDT Please visit http://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozilla_QA_Community:Firefox_2004rc3/15012_Community_Test_Day for all the info regarding the event. Jump into the #testday channel on irc.mozilla.org on Friday to participate. We hope to see you there! Thanks. Carsten Mozilla QA ...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Firefox 1.5.0.10 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 are now available for Windows, =20 Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com). Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20 updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.10 is available for =20 download from ...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Firefox 1.5.0.10 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 are now available for Windows, =20 Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com). Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20 updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.10 is available for =20 download from ...

2/9: Community Test Day
Please join the Mozilla QA community for testday on friday, February 9, 2007! This week, we will be looking at the next minor release of 1.5.0.10 and 2.0.0.2 Release Candidate 1. More information on 2/9 Test Day can be found at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozilla_QA_Community:Firefox_1510_2002_Community_Tes t_Day ...

Updates after 1.5.0.7 (1.5.0.9, 2.0.0.1)can't access the web.
Name: Jay Product: Firefox Summary: Updates after 1.5.0.7 (1.5.0.9, 2.0.0.1)can't access the web. Comments: see summary Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7 ...

SeaMonkey 1.0.1 and Firefox 1.5, 2.0, 3.0 version can be said to be a same at code level
Dear, I am pursuing my research in the field of sotware maintainence at preventive level. i had published some of my research paper in ACM SIGSOFT SEN. As per my research i designed the metrics model for smelly classes with the help of firefox three versions and then i had validated or tested the metrics model with the one version of SeaMonkey. I got the review upon my research that SeaMonkey and Firefox are same at the code level. These cannot be treated as two different data set. But what i had read is they both only usage the same Gecko engine from your website. Some more from yo...

Web resources about - Firefox 1.5.0.9 and 2.0.0.1 McAfee Firewall Problem - mozilla.support.firefox

Firewall (construction) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Firewalls can be used to separate high value transformers at an electrical substation in the event of a mineral oil tank rupture and ignition. ...

China’s firewall cracks: Facebook allowed in free-trade zone of Shanghai
... out that China looks quite dark. That may change soon. According to the South China Morning Post , Beijing is lifting the Internet firewall ...

NSA Firewall - Don't be spied on! on the App Store on iTunes
Get NSA Firewall - Don't be spied on! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Great Firewall of China - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... has blocked access to all images on Flickr in China. http://www.flickr.com/help/forum/41998/ Oops! My blog too! http://www.greatfirewallofchina.org/ ...

"Firewall" (Say NO to #SOPA and #Protect-IP) - YouTube
Music and Lyrics by Leah Kauffman Visit http://www.voteforthenet.com and http://www.stopcensorship.org to save the internet! Buy single on iTunes ...

Security appliances are riddled with serious vulnerabilities, researcher says - firewalls, Citrix, antispam ...
The majority of email and Web gateways, firewalls, remote access servers, UTM (united threat management) systems and other security appliances ...

Google encrypts China searches, defying Great Firewall
Google has begun routinely encrypting web searches conducted in China, posing a bold new challenge to that nation's powerful system for censoring ...

Forget the firewall, it's time to cosy up to your data
Businesses must go beyond the ‘perimeter’ approach to security and focus on understanding the nature of their data and managing access accordingly. ...

Firewalls in firing line as US military plans data-centric network
... Information Systems Agency (DISA) is planning a complete overhaul of its network architecture that could spell the end for conventional firewalls, ...

Greek euro exit might expose weakness in Europe’s firewalls
We know from memoirs and a torrent of leaks that Europe's creditor bloc came frighteningly close to ejecting Greece from the euro in early 2012, ...