FF60 not respecting lockPref("browser.startup.homepage" from .cfg file

Did something change wereby the lockPref("browser.startup.homepage" pref
no longer works using a .cfg file via pref("general.config.filename", ?
0
TCW
5/31/2018 3:28:21 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24319 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

On 5/31/18 11:28 AM, TCW wrote:
> Did something change wereby the lockPref("browser.startup.homepage" pref
> no longer works using a .cfg file via pref("general.config.filename", ?

The .cfg file may no longer work now that Firefox 60 ESR ships with
Windows group policy support.

<https://www.ghacks.net/2018/03/10/firefox-60-ships-with-windows-group-policy-support/>

I suggest using the Homepage template.

"Added a policy engine that allows customized Firefox deployments in
enterprise environments, using Windows Group Policy or a cross-platform
JSON file"

REF: <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/60.0/releasenotes/>

<https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2018/01/11/announcing-esr60-policy-engine/>

--
GO GOLDEN KNIGHTS!
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

0
WaltS48
5/31/2018 9:27:32 PM
On 5/31/2018 4:27 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 5/31/18 11:28 AM, TCW wrote:
>> Did something change wereby the lockPref("browser.startup.homepage"
>> pref no longer works using a .cfg file via
>> pref("general.config.filename", ?
>

> The .cfg file may no longer work now that Firefox 60 ESR ships with
> Windows group policy support.
>
> <https://www.ghacks.net/2018/03/10/firefox-60-ships-with-windows-group-policy-support/>
>

> I suggest using the Homepage template.
>
> "Added a policy engine that allows customized Firefox deployments in
> enterprise environments, using Windows Group Policy or a cross-platform
> JSON file"
>
> REF: <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/60.0/releasenotes/>
>
> <https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2018/01/11/announcing-esr60-policy-engine/>

Bummer, talk about the end of an era. I use group policies myself but
they are not a panacea by any measure. Templates are only as good as
what's included to be configured.
0
TCW