FF54 Can't clear youtube cache

I often play videos that are the left-over of a live session.

If I lesten to part of it, then exit out,
and then click another video link,
the 1st video starts where I left off.

I can't find a way to fix it. Clearing today's cache does not work.
The youtube player must not be caching on my machine (?)

Carl
0
Kingdaddy
6/16/2017 12:41:33 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 23865 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

5 Replies
68 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 7

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------030309000505010508090000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

On 16/06/2017 01:41, Kingdaddy 2 wrote:
> I often play videos that are the left-over of a live session.
>
> If I lesten to part of it, then exit out,
> and then click another video link,
> the 1st video starts where I left off.
>
> I can't find a way to fix it. Clearing today's cache does not work.
> The youtube player must not be caching on my machine (?)
>
> Carl

Have you tried clearing Google and YouTube cookies?  In fact I would 
clear all cookies when you have problems like this.



-- 
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer 
satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

--------------030309000505010508090000
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFBE8" text="#006600">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 16/06/2017 01:41, Kingdaddy 2 wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:mailman.396.1497573728.27965.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">I often play videos that are the left-over of a live
      session.
      <br>
      <br>
      If I lesten to part of it, then exit out,
      <br>
      and then click another video link,
      <br>
      the 1st video starts where I left off.
      <br>
      <br>
      I can't find a way to fix it. Clearing today's cache does not
      work.
      <br>
      The youtube player must not be caching on my machine (?)
      <br>
      <br>
      Carl
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
    <font size="+1"><font face="Courier New, Courier, monospace">Have
        you tried clearing Google and YouTube cookies?  In fact I would
        clear all cookies when you have problems like this.<br>
        <br>
        <br>
      </font></font><br>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      <div class="moz-signature">
        <div style="width: 330px; background-color: blue; color:
          yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 500 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows.</div>
      </div>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------030309000505010508090000--
0
Good
6/16/2017 12:45:44 AM
On 6/15/2017 8:45 PM, Good Guy wrote:
> On 16/06/2017 01:41, Kingdaddy 2 wrote:
>> I often play videos that are the left-over of a live session.
>>
>> If I lesten to part of it, then exit out,
>> and then click another video link,
>> the 1st video starts where I left off.
>>
>> I can't find a way to fix it. Clearing today's cache does not work.
>> The youtube player must not be caching on my machine (?)
>>
>> Carl
> 
> Have you tried clearing Google and YouTube cookies?  In fact I would 
> clear all cookies when you have problems like this.
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer 
> satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

Uhm... no. I did not see any mention of them in tools.
0
Kingdaddy
6/16/2017 2:02:33 AM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------090103040506080901000909
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

On 16/06/2017 03:02, Kingdaddy 2 wrote:
>
> Uhm... no. I did not see any mention of them in tools.


OK see this picture 01 and Picture 02:



http://i.imgur.com/nSclI6T.png <http://i.imgur.com/nSclI6T.png>


http://i.imgur.com/d7Fkum8.png <http://i.imgur.com/d7Fkum8.png>


In the second picture, Remove all button is not active because I don't 
have any cookies to clear. Otherwise I get the option to clear 
individual cookies or Remove all.

Good luck.

-- 
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer 
satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

--------------090103040506080901000909
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFBE8" text="#006600">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 16/06/2017 03:02, Kingdaddy 2 wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:mailman.424.1497578587.27966.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite"><br>
      Uhm... no. I did not see any mention of them in tools.
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
    <br>
    OK see this picture 01 and Picture 02:<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <a href="http://i.imgur.com/nSclI6T.png"><img
        alt="http://i.imgur.com/nSclI6T.png"
        src="http://i.imgur.com/nSclI6T.png" moz-do-not-send="true"
        border="2" height="586" width="1100"></a><br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <a href="http://i.imgur.com/d7Fkum8.png"><img
        alt="http://i.imgur.com/d7Fkum8.png"
        src="http://i.imgur.com/d7Fkum8.png" moz-do-not-send="true"
        border="2" height="554" width="570"></a><br>
    <br>
    <br>
    In the second picture, Remove all button is not active because I
    don't have any cookies to clear. Otherwise I get the option to clear
    individual cookies or Remove all.<br>
    <br>
    Good luck.<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      <div class="moz-signature">
        <div style="width: 330px; background-color: blue; color:
          yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 500 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows.</div>
      </div>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------090103040506080901000909--
0
Good
6/16/2017 3:18:42 AM
On 6/15/2017 11:18 PM, Good Guy wrote:
> On 16/06/2017 03:02, Kingdaddy 2 wrote:
>>
>> Uhm... no. I did not see any mention of them in tools.
> 
> 
> OK see this picture 01 and Picture 02:
> 
> 
> 
> http://i.imgur.com/nSclI6T.png <http://i.imgur.com/nSclI6T.png>
> 
> 
> http://i.imgur.com/d7Fkum8.png <http://i.imgur.com/d7Fkum8.png>
> 
> 
> In the second picture, Remove all button is not active because I don't 
> have any cookies to clear. Otherwise I get the option to clear 
> individual cookies or Remove all.
> 
> Good luck.
> 
> -- 
Thanks.
That works very well.

Carl

0
Kingdaddy
6/16/2017 7:04:27 PM
On 6/16/2017 3:04 PM, Kingdaddy 2 wrote:
> On 6/15/2017 11:18 PM, Good Guy wrote:
>> On 16/06/2017 03:02, Kingdaddy 2 wrote:
>>>
>>> Uhm... no. I did not see any mention of them in tools.
>>
>>
>> OK see this picture 01 and Picture 02:
>>
>>
>>
>> http://i.imgur.com/nSclI6T.png <http://i.imgur.com/nSclI6T.png>
>>
>>
>> http://i.imgur.com/d7Fkum8.png <http://i.imgur.com/d7Fkum8.png>
>>
>>
>> In the second picture, Remove all button is not active because I don't 
>> have any cookies to clear. Otherwise I get the option to clear 
>> individual cookies or Remove all.
>>
>> Good luck.
>>
>> -- 
> Thanks.
> That works very well.
> 
> Carl
> 
If you don't want to to keep the History the first thing you should do 
is change the History setting (First Picture) to Custom Settings for 
History.   You then have several options on history and if you go into 
Settings options on what to delete, when Firefox closes.
0
Keith
6/16/2017 8:37:56 PM
Reply: