FF4 not automatically opening downloaded PDF files

"Posted earlier but had attachment and doesn't show"

I get a Java Script error notice saying that FF can't open
a downloaded PDF file because "it probably doesn't exist".

I then go to the download indication and right click "open" and
Foxit opens the document in a separate window.

In FF Tools/Applications I have Foxit set to open PDF documents.
In Windows 7 associations, Foxit is also set.
This problem only exists on this one laptop computer.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Richard
0
Clunker
5/3/2011 4:50:53 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24318 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

On 5/3/2011 12:50 PM, Clunker wrote:
> "Posted earlier but had attachment and doesn't show"
>
> I get a Java Script error notice saying that FF can't open
> a downloaded PDF file because "it probably doesn't exist".
>
> I then go to the download indication and right click "open" and
> Foxit opens the document in a separate window.
>
> In FF Tools/Applications I have Foxit set to open PDF documents.
> In Windows 7 associations, Foxit is also set.
> This problem only exists on this one laptop computer.
>
> Thanks for any help in advance.
> Richard
I've had the same problem forever with Foxit on a WIN XP SP-3.  I too
have FF set to open PDF documents and Foxit is my WIN XP default pdf
reader (and the only one installed).  Had this with FF3 and now with FF4.

If you figure out why you don't that that problem on your other PC and
only on one laptop, please post solution to this group.
0
Peter

Firefox loops opening while opening a downloaded file by itself.
Name: Marek Pulczynski Email: marekatpulczynskidotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox loops opening while opening a downloaded file by itself. Comments: Accidentaly I asked firefox to open text document in itself and checked default. Next time I wanted to open this document firefox started to fork tabs for the same file. ...

Where does firefox stores the automatically downloaded update file of firefox
When firefox downloads newer version of firefox for updation, where does it store that download file? ok. it stores that in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\updates but where does it move that after updating? I want to save that downloaded file so that I can use it to install firefox in case I format my harddisk, or I can take it in my pendrive to some friend's place or to some cyber cafe in case my net is not working. thanks. On 4/13/2007 2:08 AM, Tbird Leader V S Rawat radioed the tower to announce: > When firefox downloads newer version of firefox for updation,...

automatic opening of PDF files
Name: Paulus B Telfer Email: paulusatslingshotdotcodotnz Product: Firefox Summary: automatic opening of PDF files Comments: There is one annoying problem with the Mozilla Web browser: PDF files open automatically instead of given the opportunity of choice in doing so, or downloading them intact. The problem is further exasperated when one accidently clicks on to pdf files, often the files do not exist, or are very slow downloading thus disabling the web browser to the point of being unusable. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.15) ...

Firefox does not open PDF-file
Hi Newgroup, we have here one Workstation where I can not open PDF-Links: www.xyz.info/123.pdf The IE on this computer is able to open it. Thank you Marc Marc H. wrote: > Hi Newgroup, > > we have here one Workstation where I can not open PDF-Links: > www.xyz.info/123.pdf > > The IE on this computer is able to open it. > > Thank you > > Marc I usually hold down the shift key and save the file to my hard drive, then I view it outside of the browser. That way I usually avoid all the associated browser/acrobat problems -- Tim...

Downloads of pdf files do not open
Name: John Mactaggart Email: imactagatlineonedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Downloads of pdf files do not open Comments: I have downloaded several pdf files and the open command in the download box does not work.You have to open the containg folder and open the file from there.Iam using Adobe reader 7.0 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win95; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Cannot download pdf files with Firefox
Hi all, I'm new to Firefox and cannot fathom out how to download pdf files. I have Acrobat Reader v7 installed but every attempt to download a pdf file via Firefox just results in a blank page with the unhelpful message 'done' at the bottom. I previously used Mozilla Browser and this automatically opened Acrobat Reader but I cannot find any way of doing this in Firefox. I am using version 2.0.0.1 Any help would be appreciated Derek On 2/20/2007 1:48 PM, dmallen@uku.co.uk wrote: > Hi all, > I'm new to Firefox and cannot fathom out how to download pd...

Firefox has lost ability to open *.pdf files in last 2-3 versions of Firefox 3.5
Name: Diane Reifschneider Email: dreifschneideratdcdotrrdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox has lost ability to open *.pdf files in last 2-3 versions of Firefox 3.5 Comments: Firefox 3.5.x (x=earlier versions) used to open *.pdf files inside the Firefox window. However, with these latest 2-3 versions, a flaw has been built into the Firefox browser and now, whenever I click on any *.pdf hyperlink, whether directly from Google search results or clicking on any *.pdf file hyperlink embedded within any website, all that happens is a new blank tab or window opens, then nothi...

Changing the default All Files (*.*) option to Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf) in a file open dialogue in ASP.net
In My file Upload page, I am using <input type=file> tag to browse a file from client machine.The Browse button by default is showing all files *.* in the file dialogue boxI have a requirement like the file dialogue should by default show just PDFs *.pdf, and have an option to show all files *.* as shown below:Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf)All Files (*.*)Is there a way to handle this using any web controls, or technique using ASP.net or HTML?Thanks in advanceAnsar I need answer to this one, too. As far as I know, there is no way to do this....

firefox is slow opening pdf files

Problem with opening PDF files in Firefox
Name: Robert Lewis Email: drbob1137atearthlinkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Problem with opening PDF files in Firefox Comments: I am using Acrobat Professional 2002 and ver. 16 of Firefox. PDF files will not open in Firefox unless I either open Acrobat first or access the Web site with Internet Explorer first. Can you suggest a fix? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.16) Gecko/20080702 Firefox/2.0.0.16 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Cannot open the file .pdf when downLoad from server
 hi all The segment code below is used to download file from Server to client I cannot open the .pdf file when the file downloaded. But other files open normal. the message error as below: "There was an error openning this document. the file is damaged could not be repaired" But I open that file directly from server  is OK private bool DownloadFile(string serverFolder, string fileName){ bool result = false;string filePath = serverFolder + '\\' + fileName;if (System.IO.File.Exists(filePath)) { Response.Clear();Response.ContentType = "applica...

How to filter files automatically downloaded by firefox
My computer is being infected with viruses such as keyloggerr or other types by just browsing. What I wish to know and please do not mention the NoScript plugin because it does not work, is how to go about filtering anything that gets automatically downloaded by the browser to the hard drive. Is it possible to do this and if so please direct me to any documentation that can help me accomplish this. Thanks in advance. Victor ...

PDF files not opening in Firefox RC1
Name: Philip beckett Product: Firefox Summary: PDF files not opening in Firefox RC1 Comments: PDF files are having problems in RC1 take a long time to open and hangs firefox in the process Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

I Can Open But Not Download PDF Files
I can open PDF files in Seamonkey and when I try to download them the save file window opens but when I click on save nothing happens.? Thanks for your help, Chuck On 10/3/2015 8:16 PM, Chuck wrote: > I can open PDF files in Seamonkey and when I try to download them the > save file window opens but when I click on save nothing happens.? > Thanks for your help, > Chuck > Are you trying to save PDF files from a Web page link, from a link in an E-mail message, or from an attachment to an E-mail message? -- David E. Ross The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland...

Web resources about - FF4 not automatically opening downloaded PDF files - mozilla.support.firefox

Facebook Users Automatically Checked In To Events They RSVPed Yes To
A reader tipped us off that Facebook is automatically checking in users at events that they RSVPed they would attend. continued… New Career ...

Now Users Can Remove Contacts Automatically Saved by Facebook’s Friend Finder
Two weeks ago, many Facebook users began asking questions about curiously good recommendations suddenly appearing in Facebook’s “People You May ...

App Store - Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload ...
Get Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload files to cloud storage(Dropbox, Box, and G Drive), ...

Automatically organize your desktop icons into shaded areas called Fences! - YouTube
Fences® is the most popular desktop organization tool used by millions of users worldwide. Create shaded areas called "fences" to automatically ...

CSAIL fixes software bugs automatically, in any language, by copying from safer applications
A new system can repair bugs in software using smart processing that imports functionality from other programs, all without access to source ...

Emailing porn at work not automatically sackable, court finds
Australia's federal court has upheld a ruling that emailing pornography in the workplace is not automatically a sackable offence.

Shazam iPhone app now listens for music, TV shows automatically
Shazam has updated its iPhone app to tag songs, TV shows and more on its own, no longer requiring users to open the app and tap a button.

App of the day: Human for iPhone automatically tracks your movements
Human for the iPhone is an activity tracker that automatically distinguishes between different types of movement.

iPhone 5 automatically rotates using Cycloramic App. - YouTube
[NEW VIDEO] Cycloramic 2.0 update teaser vid with panoramic photo preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjHUID07xs4 Cycloramic has been Awarded ...