FF 57 not loading style information

Hello,
  Firefox 57.0.4
  linux 4.4.104-39-default x86_64

  Today FF has not been loading or using the style information (CSS) for
a number of sites, for instance <nytimes.com>, Facebook. Neither Chrome
nor Opera has such an issue.
  Has anyone else seen this?

-- 
James Moe
jmm-list at sohnen-moe dot com
Think.
0
James
1/10/2018 1:01:46 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 24318 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

4 Replies
79 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 43

On 2018-01-09 20:01, James Moe <jimoeDESPAMMZ@sohnen-moe.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>    Firefox 57.0.4
>    linux 4.4.104-39-default x86_64
>
> Today FF has not been loading or using the style information (CSS) for
> a number of sites, for instance <nytimes.com>, Facebook. Neither Chrome
> nor Opera has such an issue.
> Has anyone else seen this?

Maybe MENU -> View -> Page Style is set to No Style?

Regards,

-- 
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@hotmail.com
! (o o)   Member:David-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society
oO-( )-Oo  According 2 Intel, 1+1 equals 3, for very large values of 1.

0
B00ze
1/10/2018 4:52:02 AM
On 01/09/2018 06:01 PM, James Moe wrote:
>
> Today FF has not been loading or using the style information (CSS) for
> a number of sites,
>
  I reverted to v57.0.3. All is well again in FF land.
  It would seem the Meltdown/Spectre mitigation is not working without
side-effects.

-- 
James Moe
jmm-list at sohnen-moe dot com
Think.
0
James
1/10/2018 4:52:20 AM
On 01/09/2018 09:52 PM, B00ze wrote:
>
>> Today FF has not been loading or using the style information (CSS) for
>> a number of sites, for instance <nytimes.com>, Facebook. Neither Chrome
>> nor Opera has such an issue.
>> 
> Maybe MENU -> View -> Page Style is set to No Style?
> 
  No. Some sites show some styling. Some actually have sections of text
and other content missing. Relatively simple sites look fine. It is as
though FF 57.0.4 decides that some support sites (content delivery
sites?) are not worthy.

-- 
James Moe
jmm-list at sohnen-moe dot com
Think.
0
James
1/10/2018 6:52:48 PM
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018, at 18:52, James Moe via support-firefox wrote:
> On 01/09/2018 09:52 PM, B00ze wrote:
> >
> >> Today FF has not been loading or using the style information (CSS) for
> >> a number of sites, for instance <nytimes.com>, Facebook. Neither Chrome
> >> nor Opera has such an issue.
> >> 
> > Maybe MENU -> View -> Page Style is set to No Style?
> > 
>   No. Some sites show some styling. Some actually have sections of text
> and other content missing. Relatively simple sites look fine. It is as
> though FF 57.0.4 decides that some support sites (content delivery
> sites?) are not worthy.

Occasionally sites I often use don't load properly first time, but 
do when I refresh the page.  I assume that means that for whatever
reason some non-essential resources were not fetched within some 
timeout time the first time around so FF formatted the page with 
what it had, then after the refresh everything else has arrived too.

Blocking CDNs because you think they only host ads, would not
help.

If you're regularly seeing incomplete pages, the network  monitor
part of the Browser/Web Console (in FF, under Tools -> Web Developer)
is useful.  Remember webpages work by the browser fetching the 
basic page, parsing it then fetching everything referred to, and repeating
that until all the parts have arrived...   The monitor lets you see when 
the successive requests get made and which of them work and how long
it all takes.  Clearly FF does not wait for ever for files that - though they
have been requested - are not going to arrive.  A poorly formatted page
is better than an infinite delay...

See: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Network_Monitor 

-- 
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.
0
Jeremy
1/10/2018 7:26:51 PM
Reply: