FF 54.0.1 memory leakage

I am running FF 54.0.1 (32 bit) on Windows 7 x64 with 16 GB of ram.  I
have having memory leakage in FF until it crashes with 3 GB of ram used.
  This is with about 20 tabs open.

The memory leakage does not always happen but it does happen at leats
weekly.  And both on my office pc and my home pc.

I am running two extensions, ublock and autofill forms.

Does anyone know how to stop the memory leakage ?  This seems to be a
new problem with FF 54 but, I am not sure.

Thanks,
Lynn
0
Lynn
8/5/2017 6:16:00 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23876 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

On 08/05/2017 02:16 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> I am running FF 54.0.1 (32 bit) on Windows 7 x64 with 16 GB of ram.  I
> have having memory leakage in FF until it crashes with 3 GB of ram used.
>   This is with about 20 tabs open.
>
> The memory leakage does not always happen but it does happen at leats
> weekly.  And both on my office pc and my home pc.
>
> I am running two extensions, ublock and autofill forms.
>
> Does anyone know how to stop the memory leakage ?  This seems to be a
> new problem with FF 54 but, I am not sure.
>
> Thanks,
> Lynn

Of course (if you haven't tried already) you should run it without the
add-ons.   But as you say that will force you to try it for a week or so
without add-ons, and that might be asking a lot, but it one way to prove
it is/isn't FF.

0
Big
8/5/2017 9:11:29 PM
On 8/5/17 2:16 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> I am running FF 54.0.1 (32 bit) on Windows 7 x64 with 16 GB of ram.  I
> have having memory leakage in FF until it crashes with 3 GB of ram
> used.  This is with about 20 tabs open.
>
> The memory leakage does not always happen but it does happen at leats
> weekly.  And both on my office pc and my home pc.
>
> I am running two extensions, ublock and autofill forms.
>
> Does anyone know how to stop the memory leakage ?  This seems to be a
> new problem with FF 54 but, I am not sure.
>
> Thanks,
> Lynn

Curiously, I had just quit and restarted FF because of same issue,
when I saw Lynn's post.

I have had this issue before 54.0.1 on Mac mini with OS X sierra. FF
will start out at about 550 MB, then over some time during the day,
run up over 3 GB. I start get jerky responses and the spinning beachball.

Mini has 8GB. FF 54.0.1 is 64-bit. OSX is latest 10.12.6 Only 1 tab
open, add-ons ABP & Ghostery
0
Reed
8/5/2017 9:21:27 PM

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-uses-too-much-memory-ram#w_memory-troubleshooting-tools>

--
Go Bucs!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
On 8/5/2017 2:16 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> I am running FF 54.0.1 (32 bit) on Windows 7 x64 with 16 GB of ram.  I have
> having memory leakage in FF until it crashes with 3 GB of ram used.  This
> is with about 20 tabs open.
>
> The memory leakage does not always happen but it does happen at leats
> weekly.  And both on my office pc and my home pc.
>
> I am running two extensions, ublock and autofill forms.
>
> Does anyone know how to stop the memory leakage ?  This seems to be a new
> problem with FF 54 but, I am not sure.
>
> Thanks,
> Lynn

I had never noticed any signs of leakage but decided to do a test. Using FF
55.0 (32 bit) under W10-64-1703 I did indeed see a constant increase in
memory usage even while the program is doing nothing beyond sitting
minimized with a single tab of https://www.google.com open. I probably
would never see any slowdown because of this since the current machine has
32gB installed and FF is never left open for more than an hour at a time.
With my normal tab setup with 35-or-so open at a time the memory usage is,
naturally, much higher, but it also continues to creep upwards when no
interaction is taking place. My add-ons are minimal. No ideas about the
whys or what to do about it...
0
John