FF 52.0 Flash problem, Windows 32bit and 64 bit

http://hbcams.com/

Now prompt to allow Flash...
Does not stick.

Carl
0
king
3/15/2017 11:28:35 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23775 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

On 3/15/17 7:28 PM, king daddy 2 wrote:
> http://hbcams.com/
>
> Now prompt to allow Flash...
> Does not stick.
>
> Carl

I can confirm that, using Firefox 52.0 64-bit with a test profile on Linux.

Looks like it may be a bug.

It does stick using Firefox 53.0b2.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS

0
WaltS48
3/15/2017 11:52:38 PM
king daddy 2 wrote:

> http://hbcams.com/
>
> Now prompt to allow Flash...
> Does not stick.

For me to get that site to work, I have to allow off-domain scripts from
flowplayer.org.  They use a scripted player.  Then, when I click on the
chevron in a video, I get the prompt about allowing Flash.  If I select
"Allow and remember", unloading the page (without exiting the web
browser), reloading it, and picking a different video (so it isn't
cached), plays the video okay.

Sorry, but I have Firefox configured to purge everything on exit.  That
includes Site Preferences.  So after exiting Firefox and reloading it,
all the site preferences are gone, including where I clicked on "Allow
and remember" for Flash content.  Maybe you also purge Site Preferences
on exit from Firefox.

If you do not purge site preferences on exit from Firefox, or do it some
other way (e.g., via add-on), then this looks like a bug.  To see if the
site preference got stored, click "Allow and remember" for Flash on that
page and then click the "i" site info button.  Click the rightward
chevron on the top row with the globe icon and domain name (ignore
whether the site is secure or not for now).  Click on "More
information".  That gets you to the Page Info on that page. A much
shorter nav path is to use the Tools -> Page Info menu.  Look under the
Permissions tab.  Is Flash content set to "Allow"?  With me purging site
preference on exit of Firefox, that permission gets reset to "Use
default" (i.e., no site preference is stored for that page regarding
Flash content).
0
VanguardLH
3/16/2017 7:15:50 AM
On 3/15/2017 6:52 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 3/15/17 7:28 PM, king daddy 2 wrote:
>> http://hbcams.com/
>>
>> Now prompt to allow Flash...
>> Does not stick.
>>
>> Carl
>

> I can confirm that, using Firefox 52.0 64-bit with a test profile on Linux.
>
> Looks like it may be a bug.
>
> It does stick using Firefox 53.0b2.

There's been some rumblings of a 52.0.1 coming but I've yet to see it.
If this is widespread, perhaps a fix for it will come in a point release.
0
TCW
3/16/2017 12:53:01 PM
On CNN I get this:

undefined Info: This browser does not allow you to watch the video. Try to
update your browser...

This didn't help
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html
--