FF 33.0 cannot connect to SSL localhost anymore

Hello,

I updated my FF on OSX (Snow Leopard) from the previous 32.x to the latest 33.0
and now I have a big problem: I cannot connect to my local Webmin on
"https://localhost:nnn/"  (the same with the local name, 'nnn' is the port
number) because of the error "sec_error_invalid_key".
The local certificate is already in the exception list.
Webmin is the latest version 1.710

How can I force FF to connect?

TIA

Gabriel
22
Gabriel
10/16/2014 11:00:13 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 24029 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

SM 2.30 (and FF 33.0) cannot connect to SSL localhost anymore
I'm really upset! I had this problem with the latest update of FF to v. 33.0 and now the same is with SM 2.30 OSX (Snow Leopard). I cannot connect to my local Webmin on "https://localhost:nnn/" (the same with the local name or 127.0.0.1 IP, 'nnn' is the port number) because of the error "An error occurred during a connection to 127.0.0.1:nnn. The key does not support the requested operation. (Error code: sec_error_invalid_key)". The local certificate is already in the exception list. Webmin is the latest version 1.710 and all the component are up to date (such as openSSL) SM build: User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0 SeaMonkey/2.30 Build identifier: 20141014004953 Does anyone know how to force SM or FF to connect or how to fix the problem? Thank you! Gabriel Gabriel wrote: > I'm really upset! > I had this problem with the latest update of FF to v. 33.0 and now the > same is with SM 2.30 OSX (Snow Leopard). > > I cannot connect to my local Webmin on "https://localhost:nnn/" (the > same with the local name or 127.0.0.1 IP, 'nnn' is the port number) > because of the error "An error occurred during a connection to > 127.0.0.1:nnn. The key does not support the requested operation. (Error > code: sec_error_invalid_key)". > The local certificate is already in the exception list. > Web...

after the update 2.0.0.4 firefox doesn't connect to the internet anymore!!
Name: Ferdinand van Dieten Email: ferdinandatdietendotbiz Product: Firefox Summary: after the update 2.0.0.4 firefox doesn't connect to the internet anymore!! Comments: I have no clues to add. I use Sygate personal firewall and in the logs there are no blocked packets. Who has any idea where else I can search for the solution ??? This message is made in IE that still works fine. Ferdinand van Dieten Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ...

Why do I have to allow Firefox (2.0.0.7) to connect with one or more sites before I can connect with my Earthlink dial-up connection.
Name: George Ginsburg Email: ginsburgattiacdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Why do I have to allow Firefox (2.0.0.7) to connect with one or more sites before I can connect with my Earthlink dial-up connection. Comments: When I simply bring up Firefox, I get the following or similar messages which come from my security monitor on outgoing message requests: first: "firefox-bin wants to connect to static-fxfeeds.nslb.sj.mozilla.com on TCP port 80 (http)," second: (typical) firefox-bin wants to connect to 130.94.77.118 on TCP port 443 (https)," third type: paraphrased, ....cannot connect to www.earthlink.net server..then lists several possible reasons the connection may not be going through and says try again later. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/85.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/85.5 ...

No Connect with FF 2.0.0.5 and TB 2.0.0.5
Name: Matze Email: infoatpc-scenedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: No Connect with FF 2.0.0.5 and TB 2.0.0.5 Comments: Hello, I have problems with Firefox 2.0.0.5 and Thunderbird. As soon as this version is not installed comes I any longer into Internet. No connection is indicated with both. 2.0.0.4 runs without problems up to the update on 0.5 Does someone know somewhat about an error?? MfG Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Dear Sirs, I just downloaded new firefox 3.0 and placed it instead of previous one firefox 2.0.0.14 but when I tried to start it it reported error. I have Mandriva 10.1 [root@localhost root]# cd /
Name: Milic Zivan Email: blagdotvetaratyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Dear Sirs, I just downloaded new firefox 3.0 and placed it instead of previous one firefox 2.0.0.14 but when I tried to start it it reported error. I have Mandriva 10.1 [root@localhost root]# cd /usr/local [root@localhost local]# cd firefox [root@localhost firefox]# ./firefox ./firefox-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libpangocairo-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory [root@localhost firefox]# Comments: Dear Sirs, I just downloaded new firefox 3.0 and place...

Firefox 2.0.0.14 After security update Firefox report on every site it can't connect but IE7 can
Name: Ruud Email: ruuddotreinoldatbtinternetdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.14 After security update Firefox report on every site it can't connect but IE7 can Comments: I installed the by Frefox 2.0.0.14 suggested security update. Since the restart it does not allow me to go to any webpage. No proxy settings, plain network connection. Can connect to intrnal and external sources throug Explorer and IE7. Started firefox in safe mode, but the same problem is there, so it does not seem to be related to any plugins The message Firefox displays is: Unable to connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.yahoo.com. * The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. * If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection. * If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web. Plugins I use (but disabled in safe mode: AdblockFilterset.GUpdater{0.3.1.3}.xpi AdblockPlus{0.7.5.5}.xpi All-in-OneSidebar{0.7.6}.xpi AutoCopy{0.8}.xpi AutoLogin{0.9}.xpi ColorfulTabs{2.0.11}.xpi CustomizeGoogle{0.72}.xpi DownloadHelper{3.1}.xpi DownloadStatusbar{0.9.6.3}.xpi DownThemAll{1.0.3}.xpi Fasterfox{2.0.0}.xpi FastVideoDownload{1.6}.xpi FEBE{5.3.1}.xpi FeedSidebar{2.2.2}.xpi FirefoxCompanionforeBay{1.6}.xpi Flagfox{3.2.6}.xpi FlashGot{1.0.4.2}.xpi FlashVideoDownloade...

Support for Firefox 2.0.0.20
Name: Kathe Naples Email: knaplesattullydotk12dotnydotus Product: Firefox Summary: Support for Firefox 2.0.0.20 Comments: I am writing to ask that you consider supporting Firefox 2.0.0.20 for those of us who are not able to upgrade. I maintain an elementary school computer lab and it is likely that we will not be fiscally able to upgrade our iMacs from OS 10.2.8 in the near future. Thank you for your time. Kathe Naples Computer Lab Teaching Assistant Tully Elementary School Tully, NY 13159 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:...

FF 2.0 B1
Hello, Is there a way to enable SSL V2.0 in FF V2.0? FF is preventing me from logging into a site saying that it is using "an insecure version of the SSL protocol" (I'm assuming that that referring to SSL V2.0). I'd like to be able to bypass this protection at my own discretion. [I tried to add the following to my firefox.js file, but that didn't seem to do the trick. pref("security.enable_ssl2", true); ] Thanks, Jim "jimo" <jponeill@ducatcommerce.com> wrote in message news:1152802181.028298.319500@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > Is there a way to enable SSL V2.0 in FF V2.0? FF is preventing me > from > logging into a site saying that it is using "an insecure version of > the > SSL protocol" (I'm assuming that that referring to SSL V2.0). I'd > like > to be able to bypass this protection at my own discretion. > > [I tried to add the following to my firefox.js file, but that didn't > seem to do the trick. > > pref("security.enable_ssl2", true); > In FF 1.5.0.4 you do this through 'Tools' > 'Options' > 'Advanced' > 'Security' Has FF2.0 not got this facility? -- kes _jimo_ spoke thusly on 13/07/2006 10:49 AM: > Is there a way to enable SSL V2.0 in FF V2.0? FF is preventing me from > logging into a site saying that it is using &q...

Firefox 2.0.0.1 connection problem
Hi. Till 2 hours ago i had firefox 2 installed on my laptop, and i was enjoying it. then the auto update installed 2.0.0.1, and since that second, firefox connected to the internet no more! right now i'm using exploler, which works just fine (every other program that uses the internet works just fine), and i tried everything suggested on the forums (including disabling the firewall, enabling IPV6, and restarting my computer). Suggestions anybody? Leo scoti5 a b=E3gat versurile:: > Hi. >=20 > Till 2 hours ago i had firefox 2 installed on my laptop, and i was > enjoying it. > then the auto update installed 2.0.0.1, and since that second, firefox > connected to the internet no more! >=20 > right now i'm using exploler, which works just fine (every other > program that uses the internet works just fine), and i tried everything= > suggested on the forums (including disabling the firewall, enabling > IPV6, and restarting my computer). >=20 > Suggestions anybody? >=20 > Leo >=20 Safe mode, new profile, clear cache? scoti5 wrote: > Hi. > > Till 2 hours ago i had firefox 2 installed on my laptop, and i was > enjoying it. then the auto update installed 2.0.0.1, and since that > second, firefox connected to the internet no more! > > right now i'm using exploler, which works just fine (every other > program that uses the internet works just fine), and...

Firefox 2.0.0.8

Problem going with upadte from FF 2.0.0.16 to FF 2.0.0.17
Name: ED Email: ibcard2002atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Problem going with upadte from FF 2.0.0.16 to FF 2.0.0.17 Comments: Seems FF 2.0.0.16 update tool or, the updates, are not showing up when I try and do an update from 2.0.0.16 to 2.0.0.17. I see the 2.0.0.17 updates on the FF 2.0 website: http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html Could someone please look into it, I have had no problems doing this up to now with going from 2.0.0.16 to 2.0.0.17, why ?. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686 (x86_64); en-US; rv:1.8.1.16) Gecko/20080...

in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help
Name: Marika Email: controlatrocketpropdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help Comments: Circle spinning next to Downloading Firefox 2.0.0.3 but Firefox 2.0.0.6 has been downloaded and installed. MacBook (Intel)Boot Camp installation WinXP Pro SP2 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

no e-mail connections in firefox 2.0.0.1
Name: Joseph Biniek Email: biniekatmaxinterdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: no e-mail connections in firefox 2.0.0.1 Comments: i just installed thunderbird and firefox 2.0.0.1 and am not able to access my e-mail from the browser ! ! ! there is no link under TOOLS there is no e-mail button in the customise section and there is NO INFO anywhere how is this fixed ? having a browser that wont GET MAIL "is worthless! " I love thunderbird and in order to use it, i have to use I.E. unless you send a FIX ! THANKS-----would appreciate a reply Joe Biniek Browser Deta...

Why does my FireFox 2.0.0.2 ask me to log in to //localhost?
On my Windows Xp machine, when I try to surf to http://localhost, the browser asks me for am ID and Password. I entter my usual lgon credentials for Windows and they are rejected. IE7 does not do that. Thanks for any answers... John Kotuby wrote: > On my Windows Xp machine, when I try to surf to http://localhost, the > browser asks me for am ID and Password. I entter my usual lgon > credentials for Windows and they are rejected. > > IE7 does not do that. > > Thanks for any answers... > > if you create a test profile and start with i...

Firefox 0.9.2 connection problem (Firefox newbie)
1. With Firefox installed, the ability to change "Default" dial up or network connections seems to be lost. (Settings | Network Connections | (select one & right-click) | Set as default connection) is greyed out. This means that there is no way of changing the Default Dial-Up connection. (MSIE Options can go through the motions of changing default connection, but it doesn't "stick"). 2. IE/OE dial up uses the Dial Up Connection dialogue; with this, the desired connection can be readily selected, Firefox, OTOH uses the (unchangeable) default Network Connection. Uninstall Firefox and everything reverts to normal. WinXP Prof; description refers to off-line of course, logged on as either user or administrator the same. The selectable connection is important because we have a selection of ISP dialup numbers. Any ideas???? Pemo -- ,-._|\ / Oz \ Melbourne \_,--.x/ Australia v ...

Firefox 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 support
Name: Cindy Connery Email: cinconatVerizondotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 support Comments: Since the release of your 3.0.1 update, I have to log in to every single site and reset my settings every time I open Firefox. I have been through all of your support (which I feel is strongly lacking), including live chat and still cannot find a solution. I have seen this problem and similar ones, but none of the fixes work for me. I was excited to see an update today only to find nothing's changed for me. You REALLY need better support Browser De...

Newest Norton does not support Firefox 3.0.1.0
Name: Leland Hammerschmitt Email: lelandhatpacbelldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Newest Norton does not support Firefox 3.0.1.0 Comments: Just FYI:(But we need it fixed/updated) OS: Mac OS10.4.1.1 on pre-intel G-5 Firefox: latest always auto upgrade (thanks!) Problem: Norton's latest Internet Security does not support Firefox with it's Norton Confidential. Dialogue box: "You will not be protected while browsing the web." The WEIRD thing is that it says it supports Firefox later versions above 1.5. Which I have. I've contacted Norton support and t...

SSL with FF 2.0 on IIS 5.0 servers
Hi, I've discovered an issue with FF 2.0 when connecting to a website hosted on a windows 2000 server running IIS. The FF browser will not load the webpage. It throws this error: The connection was interrupted The connection to www.xxx.org was interrupted while the page was loading. * The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. * If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection. * If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure ...

SSL, Agents, and binding to 0.0.0.0
--____ZVPTTNMDWAHRGYHIKPXH____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 12 Sep 2005 06:10:15 -0400" Has anyone else had problems when you load the POA (and maybe others) in = protected memory (NW6.5 SP4). Then only bind to one specific IP address = and not to 0.0.0.0. I also have seen a similar problems with GW 6.5 = SP3. Running them in unprotected memory they seen to run fine. Rich --____ZVPTTNMDWAHRGYHIKPXH____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary=&qu...

Backed off firefox 3.0.5 to firefox 2.0.0.20
Name: Jack Werner Email: jndotwernerathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Backed off firefox 3.0.5 to firefox 2.0.0.20 Comments: I upgraded to firefox 3.0.5 and lost functionality. My home page no longer "sticks" between repeated invocations of firefox. My Usernames don't "stick" either. With 2.0.0.20 I have this functionality. That is why I backleveled to it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expe...

Firefox stops connecting when the 2.0.0.2 update is loaded
Name: Lynn J. Sauer Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox stops connecting when the 2.0.0.2 update is loaded Comments: When the Firefox update 2.0.0.2 downloads I get a screen that says it is checking for "add on" compatability issues. From this point on we can't connect to the internet with Firefox, although our e-mail and other browsers have no problem. I have tried turning off the automatic updates and the add ons. The only answer is to uninstall Fire fox and then reinstall the 2.0 version. Then a couple of days later the 2.0.0.2 version reinstalls itself...

FF 2.0.0.11 breaks Juniper SSL VPN
Something broke Juniper's SSL VPN client - been working great until 2.0.0.9. When one logs in you just get a blank white screen and the client doesn't auto-launch. I'm hoping someone can look into this. Nothing in the error console, no clues. I'll be happy to help test any fixes/workarounds. Thanks -alan On Dec 2, 5:05 pm, paleal...@gmail.com wrote: > Something broke Juniper's SSL VPN client - been working great until > 2.0.0.9. > When one logs in you just get a blank white screen and the client > doesn't auto-launch. > I'm hoping s...

Firefox 2.0.0.13 can't connect
I'm having a problem similar to that reported by many other users - Firefox cannot connect, but IE can. The problem started only recently, perhaps with the upgrade to 2.0.0.13. But for me the problem is intermittent. Firefox will be unable to connect to any web site for a period of approximately 30 seconds to five minutes. Then everything's back to normal. While Firefox is out of action, trying to connect to sites, IE works fine. I have not added any new Add-ons for many months. None of the links I've seen posted here regarding connection problems seem to ...

Firefox 2.0.0.1 not supporting McAfee Site Advisor
Name: Colin U'Ren Email: colurenatbigponddotnet.au Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.1 not supporting McAfee Site Advisor Comments: Why did Firefox stop supporting McAfee Site Advisor with release 2.0.0.1, When will the ability return, Thanks, Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1 ...

Web resources about - FF 33.0 cannot connect to SSL localhost anymore - mozilla.support.firefox

localhost - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer networking , localhost (meaning this computer ) is the standard hostname given to the address of the loopback network interface. ...

Google Mobile Apps links cannot connect in Safari always showing "localhost" in address - Google Product ...
... it goes to Safari and tries to connect with the error "Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server". http://localhost/ ...

[INFO] 2015-08-31 02:47:37.186 IN id=pushpin-m2-7999_1, GET http://localhost/sys - Pastebin.com
PASTEBIN - #1 paste tool since 2002 create new paste shop new! tools api archive faq PASTEBIN create new paste trending pastes sign up login ...

Universal Studios finds pirated Jurassic World on own localhost
There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Universal Pictures France appears to have tracked down one source of pirated copies of dino-flick Jurassic World: ...

Universal Pictures Wants To Remove Localhost and IMDB Pages From Google Results
Artem Tashkinov writes: We've all known for a very long time that DCMA takedown requests are often dubious and even more often outright wrong ...

Microsoft Research Paper Considers Serving Web-ads From Localhost
An anonymous reader writes: A paper from Microsoft researchers posits the possibility of 'pushing' web ads to a user's own computer and serving ...

Windows 10 build 10166: Edge browser gets bug fixes and localhost loopback enabled
Earlier today, Microsoft rolled out yet another Windows 10 build for those of you on the Fast Ring. Build 10166 comes with a "wave" of bug fixes ...

Universal Pictures asks Google to delist itself in localhost 127.0.0.1 online piracy bungle
Universal Pictures tried to protect Jurassic World from being pirated but instead showed its ignorance.

Platform Updates: Operation Developer Love
... Contact Us Link Specific event name fails Facebook Invite hangs for an user with about 4000 friends Developer App will not allow "localhost" ...

HOME
Contour Aerospace Ltd