Feedback Agent does not want to feedback

This problem has existed from 1.5.03 through 1.5.04 and is still a problem
on my 1.5.05 installation.

Browser crashes. Feedback Agent loads when browser next loads - shows 1 item
in the queue but when trying to send the incident it pops an error message

---------------------------
Mozilla Quality Feedback Agent
---------------------------
The Agent is unable to connect to the server. Please check your Proxy Server
settings or try again later.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Proxy settings are fine and I can connect to any other site.

Any ideas?

0
news
8/2/2006 6:54:03 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24319 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

news.is.co.za wrote:
> This problem has existed from 1.5.03 through 1.5.04 and is still a problem
> on my 1.5.05 installation.
>
> Browser crashes. Feedback Agent loads when browser next loads - shows 1 item
> in the queue but when trying to send the incident it pops an error message
>
> ---------------------------
> Mozilla Quality Feedback Agent
> ---------------------------
> The Agent is unable to connect to the server. Please check your Proxy Server
> settings or try again later.
> ---------------------------
> OK
> ---------------------------
>
> Proxy settings are fine and I can connect to any other site.
>
> Any ideas?

if you have any firewall , configure it to allow 'Feedback Agent'.
0
Nir
8/2/2006 6:58:30 PM
news.is.co.za wrote:
> This problem has existed from 1.5.03 through 1.5.04 and is still a problem
> on my 1.5.05 installation.
>
> Browser crashes. Feedback Agent loads when browser next loads - shows 1 item
> in the queue but when trying to send the incident it pops an error message
>
> ---------------------------
> Mozilla Quality Feedback Agent
> ---------------------------
> The Agent is unable to connect to the server. Please check your Proxy Server
> settings or try again later.
> ---------------------------
> OK
> ---------------------------
>
> Proxy settings are fine and I can connect to any other site.
>
> Any ideas?

then disable it.  Tools, Extensions, right click

--
Maxims for the Internet Age:  The E-mail of the species is more deadly
than the mail.
gwtc wrote:
> news.is.co.za wrote:
>> This problem has existed from 1.5.03 through 1.5.04 and is still a
>> problem on my 1.5.05 installation.
>>
>> Browser crashes. Feedback Agent loads when browser next loads - shows
>> 1 item in the queue but when trying to send the incident it pops an
>> error message
>>
>> ---------------------------
>> Mozilla Quality Feedback Agent
>> ---------------------------
>> The Agent is unable to connect to the server. Please check your Proxy
>> Server settings or try again later.
>> ---------------------------
>> OK
>> ---------------------------
>>
>> Proxy settings are fine and I can connect to any other site.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

> then disable it.  Tools, Extensions, right click

Talkback is still not working for FF 1.5.0.6,
though it has worked fine in previous versions of FF �
(my firewall permissions have not changed).  Still the same
"unable to connect.." message is popping up.  I wonder if the Talkback
program itself needs an update to accomodate the changes at FullCircleSoftware?
See this thread: http://sillydog.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8411

Do the Talkback reports go back to Mozilla.org (.com?) or to the renamed FullCircle?
The Talkback "Help" still shows the obsolete (and for sale!) URL.
Perhaps Talkback needs a Talkback?  ;^P

0
dAVEr
8/11/2006 4:35:37 PM
dAVEr wrote:
> gwtc wrote:
>> news.is.co.za wrote:
>>> This problem has existed from 1.5.03 through 1.5.04 and is still a
>>> problem on my 1.5.05 installation.
>>>
>>> Browser crashes. Feedback Agent loads when browser next loads - shows
>>> 1 item in the queue but when trying to send the incident it pops an
>>> error message
>>>
>>> ---------------------------
>>> Mozilla Quality Feedback Agent
>>> ---------------------------
>>> The Agent is unable to connect to the server. Please check your Proxy
>>> Server settings or try again later.
>>> ---------------------------
>>> OK
>>> ---------------------------
>>>
>>> Proxy settings are fine and I can connect to any other site.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>

>> then disable it.  Tools, Extensions, right click
>>
> Talkback is still not working for FF 1.5.0.6,
> though it has worked fine in previous versions of FF �
> (my firewall permissions have not changed).
  Delete TalkBack entry in Firewall . Start Firefox.
( which firewall software you are using?)
>  Still the same
> "unable to connect.." message is popping up.  I wonder if the Talkback
> program itself needs an update to accomodate the changes at
> FullCircleSoftware?
> See this thread: http://sillydog.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8411
>
> Do the Talkback reports go back to Mozilla.org (.com?) or to the renamed
> FullCircle?
> The Talkback "Help" still shows the obsolete (and for sale!) URL.
> Perhaps Talkback needs a Talkback?  ;^P

0
Nir

Feedback on feedback

Feedback on feedback mechanism
Name: Robin Wylie Email: robindotwylieatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback on feedback mechanism Comments: It might be nice if clicking the "send feedback" bookmarklet didn't take you away from the page you're currently on? Maybe a new window might be better. Or a javascript based new window might be a better way of doing it. Just so the user doesn't lose the page they were on when they decided to give feedback - apart from anything else, there might be important info on that page's rendering that they may want to look at while they'...

You have feedback at feedback.com
Name: Feedback.com Product: Firefox Summary: You have feedback at feedback.com Comments: People are using feedback.com for giving feedback to your organization. http://feedback.com/view-feedback-r.php?eid=20 Thanks! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.14) Gecko/2009082707 Firefox/3.0.14 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

feedback agent crashes firefox
Name: pinky Product: Firefox Summary: feedback agent crashes firefox Comments: the firefox browser crashes BADLY when this feedback agent windows pops up bvadly ... and we try closing it .. either by filling it ..or by closing it ! .... doesnt work anyway ... all the tabbed sites are also LOST along with it .1 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050511 Firefox/1.0.4 ...

Feedback about the feedbacking language..
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback about the feedbacking language.. Comments: I use the Hebrew version of firefox, and whenever I report a broken site, phishing & etc, it asks me to write the report in Hebrew, and probably sends it to the Hebrew support center or whatever. Frankly, I don't trust the Hebrew language for such stuff, so I post it in English, but the report is probably still sent to the Hebrew team (And I believe they can't do anything with it). Can u please let us select the language of the report we're sending? btw there's no racism ...

Feedback and Feedback Problem
Name: Peter Lehner Email: lehnerus2000atyahoodotcomdotau Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Feedback and Feedback Problem Comments: Hi Guys I wanted to send some feedback on Firefox 4, but I was directed to a page that said Forbidden (403). Feedback You should include more nfo in the screen tips. e.g. Ctrl+Reload - duplicate a Tab Ctrl+Back - opens previous page in a new Tab Ctrl+Forward - opens "next" page in a new Tab etc. I only discovered these, by accident, a few months ago. It would only be an extra line in a screen tip. Peter Lehner ...

Firefox 3 release feedback wanted
Hey, I've got about a 2 week window with a little free time that I can try to put something out for Firefox 3. But I need some feedback from those that have tried out the Firefox 3 snapshots/nightlies that Philipp has been kind enough to put up. You'll notice that the select and select1's look a little different and actually have some functionality and bugs that are unique to FF3. I need to know if you guys want to keep this FF3 behavior or should I back out those changes in lieu of what is on the 1.8 branch (Firefox 2)? A year ago I thought that I'd have e...

Feedback agent setup shuts down FireFox
Name: John L Kirkman Email: JohndotKirkmanatXerox.com Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback agent setup shuts down FireFox Comments: Firefox displays a message - firefox.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close - when the "Welcome to the Mozilla Quality Feedback Agent - Step 1 of 3" screen displays. The problem has occurred in many versions including yesterday in 1.5 and this morning after I installed version 2.0. I do not have the feedback agent running although I have progressed through the three screens hoping to locate a feedback button or link so I can r...

quality feedback agent crashes firefox
Name: lvbohemian Email: lvbohemianatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: quality feedback agent crashes firefox Comments: every time that mozilla quality feedback agent or whatever it is pops up for an unknown reason; it crashes firefox 2.0.0.1 very irritating. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1 ...

Feedback for Support Firefox day 3
Hey guys, Left this one til last. What would be the best way to get feedback from people who went to SFD 3? should we add a feedback box at the bottom, or a link to an email? Nothing too formal this time, but we want to get people's thoughts on the day of. Link to a forum thread maybe? Majken Connor wrote: > Hey guys, > > Left this one til last. What would be the best way to get feedback from > people who went to SFD 3? should we add a feedback box at the bottom, or a > link to an email? Nothing too formal this time, but we want to get people's > t...

Quality Feedback Agent Firefox 1.5
Name: Ems Email: emsbenz6_at_yahoo.com Product: Firefox Summary: Quality Feedback Agent Firefox 1.5 Comments: 060319 FIREFOX HENDRIX Name: Ems Email: emsbenz6@yahoo.com (optional) Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla Quality Feedback Detailed Comments: I installed this current version yesterday (maybe Sunday) and while I've had no problem with my browser, I have been unable to run Winamp 5.2.0.473 for much more than an hour before it stops responding. This morning it stopped while I was at winamp.com. Firefox said it needed to close, too. The problem ...

Suggest change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback"
Name: Stephen, a firefox supporter Product: Firefox Summary: Suggest change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback" Comments: I just downloaded FF beta3 and it suggested dragging the feedback button onto the bookmarks toolbar. However once it is there it is not clear to the tester/user some time later that it is for firefox and not one of the potentially-many other applications on their PC. I therefore suggest you change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback". No big deal, but an easy...

My Firefox 4 Beta Feedback Button tells me to download the new Beta Version to be able to give feedback
Name: Markus Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: My Firefox 4 Beta Feedback Button tells me to download the new Beta Version to be able to give feedback Comments: Mac OS X Version 10.6.4 Firefox 4 Beta 1 Feedback: Firefox Feedback Button redirects my request to leave a feedback to a page which is telling me to download the new beta version first even though I am obviously using it. From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for...

Web resources about - Feedback Agent does not want to feedback - mozilla.support.firefox

Who Do You Trust: Facebook, Twitter, Or Google? Facebook’s Feedback Panel Returns
Last month, we told you about Facebook’s new Feedback Panel and how its eerie data gathering COULD potentially save your marriage . This month, ...

User Experience Lab: How we designed a new News Feed using your feedback - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel User Experience Lab: How we designed a new News Feed using your feedback geschrieben. Du kannst ...

Using Feedback to Shape Distribution

Facebook adds app ratings and negative feedback metrics to insights tool
Facebook introduced app ratings and negative feedback metrics to the app insights tool today as a way to help developers gain a better understanding ...

Taxi industry’s epic social media fail in request for passenger feedback - HeraldSun Search Search
IT is being dubbed a social media disaster — the taxi industry has been given #epicfail for asking taxi passengers to tell the industry about ...

'It's good to get some constructive feedback': Malcolm Turnbull shrugs off party ridicule
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has tried to laugh off the awkwardness of a Liberal Party meeting on Saturday, where he was laughed at by party ...

Site Issues and Feedback

ZTE Takes Consumer Feedback to Heart and Adds Two New Axon Smartphones to Lineup
ZTE USA, the fourth largest smartphone supplier in the U.S. and second largest in the no-contract market*, today announced two new additions ...