Favicons Not Appearing

OK I wrote in another post about favicons not showing in Firefox. I was
asked to do various things but have lost my original posting and the replys.

Firstly the installation of the latest Firefox for Windows was done
after uninstalling the Firefox ESR release and creating a new profile I
think the wording was "refresh Firefox"

On this machine I don't have many bookmarks and they are all on the
bookmarks bar as partly shown at http://tinypic.com/r/dz8002/9

The bookmarks were imported from Opera which has no problem showing
every Favicon but all I get with Firefox is a symbol resembling (I
think) the world. Visiting the site doesn't make the Favicon appear either.

I have never been a fan of Favicons but don't like the new default
Firefox icon.

Michael
0
michael
5/21/2018 5:19:53 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24319 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

On 21/05/2018 18:19, michael wrote:
> OK I wrote in another post about favicons not showing in Firefox. I was
> asked to do various things but have lost my original posting and the
> replys.
>
> Firstly the installation of the latest Firefox for Windows was done
> after uninstalling the Firefox ESR release and creating a new profile I
> think the wording was "refresh Firefox"
>
> On this machine I don't have many bookmarks and they are all on the
> bookmarks bar as partly shown at http://tinypic.com/r/dz8002/9
>
> The bookmarks were imported from Opera which has no problem showing
> every Favicon but all I get with Firefox is a symbol resembling (I
> think) the world. Visiting the site doesn't make the Favicon appear either.
>
> I have never been a fan of Favicons but don't like the new default
> Firefox icon.
>
> Michael

Eventually got the favicons to start appearing by getting Firefox to
remember history

Michael

0
michael
5/22/2018 3:16:00 PM
On 05/22/2018 11:16 AM, michael wrote:
> On 21/05/2018 18:19, michael wrote:
>> OK I wrote in another post about favicons not showing in Firefox. I was
>> asked to do various things but have lost my original posting and the
>> replys.
>>
>> Firstly the installation of the latest Firefox for Windows was done
>> after uninstalling the Firefox ESR release and creating a new profile I
>> think the wording was "refresh Firefox"
>>
>> On this machine I don't have many bookmarks and they are all on the
>> bookmarks bar as partly shown at http://tinypic.com/r/dz8002/9
>>
>> The bookmarks were imported from Opera which has no problem showing
>> every Favicon but all I get with Firefox is a symbol resembling (I
>> think) the world. Visiting the site doesn't make the Favicon appear either.
>>
>> I have never been a fan of Favicons but don't like the new default
>> Firefox icon.
>>
>> Michael
>

> Eventually got the favicons to start appearing by getting Firefox to
> remember history
>
> Michael

That's odd. I don't have FF remember history and the favicons always
show up here.

--
Caver1
0