Error Message: Connection to Server Reset

Lately I have been receiving the following error while following links
at CNN.com.

"The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

   *   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try
again in a few
          moments.
    *   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's
network
          connection.
    *   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or
proxy, make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

This only happens with Firefox, not Internet Explorer 7 or Opera 9. I
doesn't always happen and sometimes it happens on one CNN/Firefox link
and not on others.

Does anyone have any ideas?

0
wselden1
12/10/2007 10:48:39 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24319 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." error message
Hello Sybase User Experts, I like to find out the cause of this error message "Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." Do you have any idea about this? What is the cause and how to solve this problem?! Your answer or idea to this error message will be a great help to me. Thank you in advance. Regards, Beverly Beverly, First of all, what database server are you using? And how are you connecting to it? -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] <Beverly> wrote in message news:3f7932b1.1356....

Error Message: The user instance login flag is not supported on this version of SQL Server. The connection will be closed
I installed my timetracker.mdf on SQL 2005 Server while following one of the suggestion on this forum (DBinstall posting: http://forums.asp.net/943216/ShowPost.aspx).  However, I can't seem to configure my membership profile schema.  There is no aspnet_regqsl command.  I am getting the following errors:The user instance login flag is not supported on this version of SQL Server. The connection will be closedDescription: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and whe...

help. when using Profile GetPropertyValue, I get the following connection error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure
 Hi,I need some help. I am getting this error after I complete the asp.net register control and click on the continue button. It crashed when it tries to get it calls this Profile property((string)(this.GetPropertyValue("Address1")));When I look at the stack, it is coming from my ProfileWrapper class which adds user address, city, etc.. from a class which inherits fromSystem.Web.Profile.ProfileBase. From the stack, it is calling the System.Web.Profile and crashed when it tries to open a connection atSystem.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObj...

Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does
Hi All, i am using tha conncetion string in web.config. <add name="MyLocalSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\SqlExpress;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\SqlServer\OC00003SQL.mdf;User Instance=false" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>  Instance=false and true both i have used  but i am getting error like that. on my web hosting site  Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Serv...

Connecting to sql server 2000 on Godaddy error: (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Facts:1. I am using my account on Godaddy trying to connect to my sql server db.2. I can get into my db using user id and password.3. Godaddy's help file shows this for a connection string: connectstr = "Driver={SQL Server};SERVER=" & db_server & ";DATABASE=" &db_name & ";UID=" & db_username & ";PWD=" & db_userpassword4. My connection string: "Server=whsql-v09.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;uid=dbasolutions;pwd=***;database=DB_87972;"  & _                    "Trusted_Connecti...

Only Firefox Get "Error code 500. Message: Internal Server Error"
I just started having a problem in Firefox 1.5.07, but not Opera or IE, when every I get to a site where where I'm directed to an htpps page, I get this diagnostic: Error code 500. Message: Internal Server Error. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and have cleared all personal data, cookies, files, directories, etc. I'm stuck! What can I do? Thanks a lot for your help. Trish Trish wrote: > I just started having a problem in Firefox 1.5.07, but not Opera or > IE, when every I get to a site where where I'm directed to an htpps > page, I g...

Error Message on connecting to server
Hello, Just trying out Adaptive Server 11.5.1 for NT. After installing, the instructions state I should check out the installation by connecting. When I do so, I get the following message: "Client Message: Layer 5, Origin 3, Severity 5, Number 4 ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed." What did I do wrong? Where in all the documentation do I find the background on this problem? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Not looking for just the answer to this, but some guidance o...

Can't Login: error establishing a connection to the server error: 26
Interestingly, I can Register for an account, but can't log in.An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) However, the web app specific tables work.  So, it is finding the database & the instance, but not when I try to log in.  I have 2 connection strings.  1) ASPNETDB to support Membership and 2) myWebS...

SQL Server Connection Error Message
I followed the instructions and I get this error message. DotNetNuke Upgrade ErrorThe Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database.Login failed for user 'dnnadmin'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. SQL authentication must be in mixed mode, this will allow non-windows (dnnadmin in your case) accounts to access the server... In Enterprise manger, right click your SQL server and select properties, then select the Security tab. Select the radio-button for SQL Server and W...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all
When i enter log in, I get the following error page.    Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the err...

Help on this Server Error: Parser Error Message: Unknown server tag
Hello everyone.  I received this error message whenever I try to run the website.  This is the screen I get when I hit the weblink:  Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Unknown server tag 'aspExtendedValidation:AtLeastOneValidator'.Source Error: Line 387: </asp:SqlDataSource> Line 388: </div> Line 389: <aspExtendedValidation:AtL...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #5
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)   <sessionState mode="SQLServer"sqlConnectionString="data source=LHX00CNU7401SQG\Session; integrated security=true"/>   I have done all the settings: --> enabling the protocols --> Starting teh SQlbrowser but still no luck. Pleas...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #6
hi there! I've uploaded my website at online server. which has its database on its local server. Now whenever Im trying to open the website. I get the following message instead of website. "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) " Im using sql server 2000 for database. Asp.net 2.0 Please hel...

Web resources about - Error Message: Connection to Server Reset - mozilla.support.firefox

Perth-based man linked to NZ rape cases unmasked after DNA connection
A rape victim has blasted police for refusing to reveal the name of the man linked by DNA evidence to a series of horrific sexual attacks on ...

Improved call quality coming to Hangouts for Android via peer-to-peer connection
Improved Hangouts is one of the most common requests from Android users. According to a rumor late last year, Google is working on making it ...

Arrests made in connection with 3 OC escaped inmates, sheriff says
Orange County Sheriff Sandra Hutchens said five arrests have been made in connection with three inmates who escaped the Orange County Central ...

National Journal: Luntz Fails to Disclose Rubio Connection
S.V. Dáte writes at National Journal: "Political junkies who follow Republican messaging guru Frank Luntz know how he felt that Marco Rubio performed ...

Virgina Tech students arrested in connection with missing girl found dead - Videos - CBS News
Two Virgina Tech students were arrested this weekend in connection with the death of a 13-year-old girl. The girl's family reported her missing ...

Brazil’s Distributed Generation Connections Triple In 2015
Distributed generation of electricity in Brazil showed a remarkably strong growth trend in 2015, as the number of connections grew 308%. This ...