Embarrassing Firefox message

The

"Restore Session: Well, this is embarrassing. Firefox is having trouble
recovering your windows and tabs. This is usually caused by a recently
opened web page."

comes up so often in FF 3.6.4, and FF so often open up web page(s) that
I closed before I exited FF the last time when I start FF, that the only
real embarrassing thing is that the FF developers have not fixed this
bug yet when the "Startup: When Firefox starts: Sow my windows and tabs
from last time" option is set.
1
Edward
6/23/2010 10:57:40 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24023 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

On 10-06-23 6:57 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
> The
>
> "Restore Session: Well, this is embarrassing. Firefox is having trouble
> recovering your windows and tabs. This is usually caused by a recently
> opened web page."
>
> comes up so often in FF 3.6.4, and FF so often open up web page(s) that
> I closed before I exited FF the last time when I start FF, that the only
> real embarrassing thing is that the FF developers have not fixed this
> bug yet when the "Startup: When Firefox starts: Sow my windows and tabs
> from last time" option is set.

That screen comes up if Firefox has crashed two times in a row
(indicating that one of the start pages was the cause).
See <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Session+Restore>.

So let's figure out why Firefox is crashing. Go to the page
"about:crashes" and tell us your latest crash IDs.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Chris
Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 10-06-23 6:57 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
>> The
>>
>> "Restore Session: Well, this is embarrassing. Firefox is having trouble
>> recovering your windows and tabs. This is usually caused by a recently
>> opened web page."
>>
>> comes up so often in FF 3.6.4, and FF so often open up web page(s) that
>> I closed before I exited FF the last time when I start FF, that the only
>> real embarrassing thing is that the FF developers have not fixed this
>> bug yet when the "Startup: When Firefox starts: Sow my windows and tabs
>> from last time" option is set.
>
> That screen comes up if Firefox has crashed two times in a row
> (indicating that one of the start pages was the cause).
> See <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Session+Restore>.
>
> So let's figure out why Firefox is crashing. Go to the page
> "about:crashes" and tell us your latest crash IDs.

Chris, about:crashes says, "Submitted Crash Reports, No
crash reports have been submitted." without any discernible
way to submit a report.

Bill B
0
Bill
6/24/2010 3:19:41 PM
On 10-06-24 11:19 AM, Bill Braun wrote:
> Chris Ilias wrote:
>> On 10-06-23 6:57 PM, Edward Diener wrote:

>> So let's figure out why Firefox is crashing. Go to the page
>> "about:crashes" and tell us your latest crash IDs.
>
> Chris, about:crashes says, "Submitted Crash Reports, No crash reports
> have been submitted." without any discernible way to submit a report.

It's different per-user, so what you see in about:crashes is not going
to be what Edward sees.
Crash reports are submitted when the crash happens.
See <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Mozilla+Crash+Reporter>

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Chris
On 6/24/2010 11:02 AM, Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 10-06-23 6:57 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
>> The
>>
>> "Restore Session: Well, this is embarrassing. Firefox is having trouble
>> recovering your windows and tabs. This is usually caused by a recently
>> opened web page."
>>
>> comes up so often in FF 3.6.4, and FF so often open up web page(s) that
>> I closed before I exited FF the last time when I start FF, that the only
>> real embarrassing thing is that the FF developers have not fixed this
>> bug yet when the "Startup: When Firefox starts: Sow my windows and tabs
>> from last time" option is set.
>
> That screen comes up if Firefox has crashed two times in a row
> (indicating that one of the start pages was the cause).
> See <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Session+Restore>.
>
> So let's figure out why Firefox is crashing. Go to the page
> "about:crashes" and tell us your latest crash IDs.

"No crash reports have been submitted" is what I see.
I also never see a Firefox message that it has crashed.

This is just a bug which is pretty often recurring on my system ( Vista
64 Ultimate ) which should be fixed. Somehow FF gets confused about the
last open web pages, either bringing up some that had previously been
closed before exiting FF, or producing the "this is embarassing" message
for no discernible reason.

Whatever the algorithm is for saving the last web page(s) open in FF, it
is not working very well and has not been working very well since FF 3
came out.
0
Edward
6/24/2010 5:04:20 PM
On 10-06-24 1:04 PM, Edward Diener wrote:

> This is just a bug which is pretty often recurring on my system ( Vista
> 64 Ultimate ) which should be fixed. Somehow FF gets confused about the
> last open web pages, either bringing up some that had previously been
> closed before exiting FF, or producing the "this is embarassing" message
> for no discernible reason.
>
> Whatever the algorithm is for saving the last web page(s) open in FF, it
> is not working very well and has not been working very well since FF 3
> came out.

Hmm...Try this:
Go to Help-->Troubleshooting_Information, then click on [Open Containing
Folder]. That will open Windows Explorer in your Firefox profile.
Close Firefox.
In your profile folder, delete the file: sessionrestore.js

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Chris
On 6/24/2010 4:32 PM, Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 10-06-24 1:04 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
>
>> This is just a bug which is pretty often recurring on my system ( Vista
>> 64 Ultimate ) which should be fixed. Somehow FF gets confused about the
>> last open web pages, either bringing up some that had previously been
>> closed before exiting FF, or producing the "this is embarassing" message
>> for no discernible reason.
>>
>> Whatever the algorithm is for saving the last web page(s) open in FF, it
>> is not working very well and has not been working very well since FF 3
>> came out.
>
> Hmm...Try this:
> Go to Help-->Troubleshooting_Information, then click on [Open Containing
> Folder]. That will open Windows Explorer in your Firefox profile.
> Close Firefox.
> In your profile folder, delete the file: sessionrestore.js

OK, I will see if this fixes the problem. Thanks !

0
Edward
6/24/2010 8:48:41 PM
On 6/24/2010 12:04 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
> On 6/24/2010 11:02 AM, Chris Ilias wrote:
>> On 10-06-23 6:57 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
>>> The
>>>
>>> "Restore Session: Well, this is embarrassing. Firefox is having trouble
>>> recovering your windows and tabs. This is usually caused by a recently
>>> opened web page."
>>>
>>> comes up so often in FF 3.6.4, and FF so often open up web page(s) that
>>> I closed before I exited FF the last time when I start FF, that the only
>>> real embarrassing thing is that the FF developers have not fixed this
>>> bug yet when the "Startup: When Firefox starts: Sow my windows and tabs
>>> from last time" option is set.
>>
>> That screen comes up if Firefox has crashed two times in a row
>> (indicating that one of the start pages was the cause).
>> See <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Session+Restore>.
>>
>> So let's figure out why Firefox is crashing. Go to the page
>> "about:crashes" and tell us your latest crash IDs.
>>

> "No crash reports have been submitted" is what I see.
> I also never see a Firefox message that it has crashed.
>
> This is just a bug which is pretty often recurring on my system ( Vista
> 64 Ultimate ) which should be fixed. Somehow FF gets confused about the
> last open web pages, either bringing up some that had previously been
> closed before exiting FF, or producing the "this is embarassing" message
> for no discernible reason.
>
> Whatever the algorithm is for saving the last web page(s) open in FF, it
> is not working very well and has not been working very well since FF 3
> came out.

It is not a feature I ever use, since it can cause problems should you
go to a website that crashes FF.  But, there are some ways you can get
the message you indicate you are seeing.  The most obvious is crashing
FF via task manager, or some other shutdown method that doesn't allow
programs to terminate normally.  Another is turning off your system with
a power strip, without doing a Windows Shutdown.  Perhaps one of these
is causing your problems.

0
Ron

Firefox or not Firefox

Firefox, and Firefox Portable
Name: Brian Email: silverdragona1ataol Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox, and Firefox Portable Comments: Feedback. After several hefty fallouts with AOL, and the complete dogs dinner we are presented with that they claim is worthy of using, be it the AOL9 browser, I decided to try Firefox.... I am very annoyed. Why?... because stupidly, I had not tried Firefox EARLIER.... I have now replaced AOL9 completely on all the family computers with Firefox... I am also TOTALLY bewildered as to how you can get a fully functioning Firefox to run on a USB Flash Drive......... I...

firefox companion for firefox
Name: william faulks Email: wf010a4342atblueyonderdotcodotuk Product: eBay Companion Summary: firefox companion for firefox Comments: great program, been looking for something like this for ages Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Firefox within Firefox
For a short time now (likely since upgrading to FF 1.5.02) I've noticed that when running a Firefox session, ZA will popup a notice that Firefox -- verified the same exe as the running one -- is "trying to access the internet." This is confusing because it's already accessing the internet, thanks much. However, the destination IP is always along the lines of 206.141.192.60:DNS, which translates to dns1.chcgil.sbcglobal.net, part of my ISP. So I've been saying yes. But I'm wondering why of a sudden this access is taking place, or being questioned, or what...

Firefox, meet the Firefox
Name: brooks Email: brooksonleyatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox, meet the Firefox Comments: I don't know if this will go anywhere, but as both a die-hard Firefox user and an advocate for wildlife, I think it should be said.... As you may or may not know, "firefox" is the literal translation of the Chinese name for the Red Panda. Yes, the OTHER panda -- the cute, orange, raccoon-like one, not the big, black-and-white, bear-like one. Here is a link to an article at the National Wildlife Foundation [http://poprl.com/EIb], "Fighting for the Fi...

Firefox uses Firefox.

Firefox stop working, have to restart firefox, alert message
Name: Nikolai Hoftun Email: nikolah_at_student.matnat.uio.no Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox stop working, have to restart firefox, alert message Comments: Surfing normal when suddenly firefox shows a message "Alert; TypeError: window._content has no properties." This happends with different websites, and do not happend with microsoft. Whatever you click on in the menu etc. this message appears. You have to restart firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5 ...

Firefox starts with "Firefox updated" message continuously
Name: christian bakker Email: christianbakkerathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox starts with "Firefox updated" message continuously Comments: Recently Firefox has been updated to 2.0.0.13. Since then every time I start it, it adds a tab pane "Firefox has been successfully updated" (or similar, in Dutch). Can this be switched off in future updates? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox 3.0 has broken the little AppleScript support remaining in Firefox
Name: James Yost Email: mrpersonatearthlinkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0 has broken the little AppleScript support remaining in Firefox Comments: In previous versions of Firefox there was slight AppleScript support. Version 3 has broken what remained (i.e. properties of window n). The Macintosh community would welcome more AppleScript support - At least a "do javascript" command from AppleScript would help a great deal. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 From URL: http...

Firefox add-on "slogger" no longer supported with Firefox 3.x
Hello everyone, I did some research on my own to find a replacement or a way to make it work with Firefox 3.x since I found it so convenient. Since this was not really successful I turn to the group if anyone has advice :-) slogger is an add-on that (as I configured it) keeps a monthly log of URLs that I loaded (with timestamps) and a text-only-version of the pages (named with the timestamp) so that I can do full-text-search. Whenever I didn't remember where I had been seeing some information I searched through these logs and I did find what I was looking for quite ...

IMacros for Firefox Addon causes error message to be sent upon Firefox closing
Name: Donald DeLauder Email: ddelauderatprodigydotnet Product: Firefox Summary: IMacros for Firefox Addon causes error message to be sent upon Firefox closing Comments: Using the Addon Imacros 0.6.0.4 for Firefox 2.0.0.3 causes an error report to be sent to Microsoft and Mozilla each time Firefox is closed. I solved the problem by disabling the Imacros 0.6.0.4 for Firefox, then closed the Firefox window. Upon restarting Firefox the problem was solved. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 Hi Donald, ...

Firefox contenttype support question (message/rfc822)
I'm looking for some help in regards to FireFox content type support. I'm writting a web application that exports reports into a memory stream and then to the browser. The content type I need to use is "message/rfc822". This works fine in IE but in FireFox it doesn't know what to do with my "Default.aspx" page and asks me to select an application to open it with. Does anyone have any information that might help me out in my research? Regards, Michael On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:04:55 -0800 (PST), in message <1218ec36-6807-42dd-8eae-bc955af099dd@...

Partially self-built Firefox OS (was: Re: Supported locales in Firefox OS and OEMs)
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org> wrote: > I _hope_ (as in, it fits with our principles, I think it was the case, > but I am not closely involved) that one thing we do require is for the > phones to be unlockable. So people can, at least theoretically, install > other builds of Firefox OS, including versions with different locales, > after they have purchased the phone. Of course, this would require > CyanogenMod-like engineering because the phones will have proprietary > drivers in them. Having to install a new native code...

Web resources about - Embarrassing Firefox message - mozilla.support.firefox

Police treats 2 women to a Traffic stop turned into embarrassing body search on side of the highway ...
Police treats 2 women to a Traffic stop turned into embarrassing body search on side of the highway. Two women have filed suit, claiming they ...

ABC, CBS and NBC Bury Bumbling Biden's Most Embarrassing Moments
When the Big Three (ABC, CBS, NBC) networks preview Vice President Joe Biden’s 2012 Democratic National Convention speech, will they fill their ...

Embarrassing Gold Coast Suns need to stand up after two abysmal performances
The acid is now undeniably on a very talented Gold Coast midfield that seems bereft of leadership since the early departure of Gary Ablett due ...

Embarrassing Bodies Down Under reviewed (04:25)
A peak at all the gross things under people's clothes. Are we ready for a show like this?

This Smartphone Breathalyzer Will Keep You From Embarrassing Yourself At The Company Party [14% Off]
The holidays are coming up. That means a lot of parties. When you’re out and you’ve had a couple of drinks, use this breathalyzer to make sure ...

End the embarrassing squabble and vote for change
End the embarrassing squabble and vote for change

Ronda Rousey UFC 193: champion fighter’s embarrassing gaffe
RONDA Rousey couldn’t believe the words that just came out of her mouth.

New Facebook search could expose embarrassing past posts
Be careful what you search for with the new Facebook function.

District Attorney Agrees With His Office That Potentially Embarrassing Recordings Of Him Should Not Be ...
For almost a year now, a Wisconsin district attorney (now the state's Attorney General) has been trying to keep allegedly embarrassing footage ...

Embarrassing Thanksgiving Day Loss Casts Further Doubt over Chip Kelly's Future - Bleacher Report
There was a time this season when the Philadelphia Eagles led the NFC East, which seems like more than a fading memory now. It seems like a dirty ...