download index.php

every now and then, when I connect to a site,
instead of sowing the proper main page,
FF opens a download window for 'index.php' or such
(instead of that file being executed to generate the
homepage on the site).

What could cause this?
0
Mathias
7/13/2011 8:51:32 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 24284 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

Mathias Koerber wrote:

> every now and then, when I connect to a site, instead of sowing the
> proper main page, FF opens a download window for 'index.php' or
> such (instead of that file being executed to generate the homepage
> on the site).
>
> What could cause this?

Do you have an example where this occurs?  URL?

The most likely reason is the particular web host where this page/site
is being served does not have PHP active. It could also be a mistake
on the part of the author of the page, not identifying the file with
the proper MIME-type. The PHP MIME type is: application/x-httpd-php

It's not a Firefox problem.

--
   -bts
Beauregard

Today it is www.yehudamoon.com

> The most likely reason is the particular web host where this page/site
> is being served does not have PHP active. It could also be a mistake
> on the part of the author of the page, not identifying the file with
> the proper MIME-type. The PHP MIME type is: application/x-httpd-php
>
> It's not a Firefox problem.

Oh good
0
Mathias
7/13/2011 12:53:33 PM
On 13.07.2011 07:53, Mathias Koerber wrote:

> On 13/7/11 19:02, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>
>>> What could cause this?
>>
>> Do you have an example where this occurs?  URL?
>
> Today it is www.yehudamoon.com
>

>> The most likely reason is the particular web host where this page/site
>> is being served does not have PHP active. It could also be a mistake
>> on the part of the author of the page, not identifying the file with
>> the proper MIME-type. The PHP MIME type is: application/x-httpd-php
>>
>> It's not a Firefox problem.
>
> Oh good

The site you posted opens here just fine.

--
*Jay Garcia - Netscape Champion*
www.ufaq.org
Mathias Koerber wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> Mathias Koerber wrote:
>>> What could cause this?
>>
>> Do you have an example where this occurs?  URL?
>
> Today it is www.yehudamoon.com

...is actually http://www.yehudamoon.com/index.php ...

I've looked at that page in several browsers. It works well in all.

Looking at the response headers, I don't see anything amiss. The
'Content-Type' is proper as 'text/html', which is what the browser
needs to display. The PHP generates the HTML.

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 12:58:50 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.6 (Fedora)

200 OK

Your problem could be in some setting with your Applications, but I am
not sure what to look for. I write all my web sites with PHP, and none
do what you've described.

Try this one:
http://tekrider.net/pages/index.php

--
   -bts
Beauregard
On 13/7/11 21:14, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

>> Today it is www.yehudamoon.com
>
> ..is actually http://www.yehudamoon.com/index.php ...
>
> I've looked at that page in several browsers. It works well in all.

Still a problem here.

When I try saving it it saves 0 bytes :-(

> Try this one:
> http://tekrider.net/pages/index.php

That one opens juts fine..

0
Mathias
7/13/2011 1:52:14 PM
Jay Garcia has written on 7/13/2011 9:07 AM:
> On 13.07.2011 07:53, Mathias Koerber wrote:

+1

0
Cy
7/13/2011 2:41:38 PM
Mathias Koerber wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>>> Today it is www.yehudamoon.com
>>
>> ..is actually http://www.yehudamoon.com/index.php ...
>>
>> I've looked at that page in several browsers. It works well in all.
>
> Still a problem here.
>
> When I try saving it it saves 0 bytes :-(

That's to be expected. A browser should not be allowed to directly
save a raw PHP script.

>> Try this one:  [which is my personal site]
>> http://tekrider.net/pages/index.php
>
> That one opens juts fine..

As my site is also a PHP script, then logic would indicate that it is
not an issue with your browser, but rather something specific with the
yehudamoon site. Can you contact their webmaster and ask there?

How does the contact page work for you?  (fine for me)
http://www.yehudamoon.com/email.php

--
   -bts
Beauregard
Mathias Koerber wrote:

> On 13/7/11 21:14, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>
> >> Today it is www.yehudamoon.com
> >
> > ..is actually http://www.yehudamoon.com/index.php ...
> >
> > I've looked at that page in several browsers. It works well in all.
>
> Still a problem here.
>
> When I try saving it it saves 0 bytes :-(

Clear your browser's cache and try again.

If the same problem occurs after clearing your browser's cache,
then, I would suspect there is a web proxy between you and the
web site, with a corrupted entry in its web proxy cache.

Perhaps your ISP runs an intercepting (or transparent) web proxy
to save upstream bandwidth and improve response times by caching
frequently-requested pages.

--
Kind regards
Ralph
Ralph Fox wrote:

> Mathias Koerber wrote:
>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>>>
>>> ..is actually http://www.yehudamoon.com/index.php ...
>>>
>>> I've looked at that page in several browsers. It works well in
>>> all.
>>
>> Still a problem here.
>>
>> When I try saving it it saves 0 bytes :-(
>
> Clear your browser's cache and try again.

Regardless of that, the browser should only save the generated HTML
(with images, JavaScript, CSS) that the rest of us see at the
mentioned page. His getting zero bytes indicates (at least to me) that
no HTML is being sent.

> If the same problem occurs after clearing your browser's cache,
> then, I would suspect there is a web proxy between you and the
> web site, with a corrupted entry in its web proxy cache.
>
> Perhaps your ISP runs an intercepting (or transparent) web proxy
> to save upstream bandwidth and improve response times by caching
> frequently-requested pages.

Those are both good possibilities, and what I was thinking of to check
next.

--
   -bts
Beauregard
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> Ralph Fox wrote:
>
> > Mathias Koerber wrote:

> >> Still a problem here.
> >>
> >> When I try saving it it saves 0 bytes :-(
> >
> > Clear your browser's cache and try again.
>
> Regardless of that, the browser should only save the generated HTML
> (with images, JavaScript, CSS) that the rest of us see at the
> mentioned page. His getting zero bytes indicates (at least to me) that
> no HTML is being sent.

Or that the web server sent the HTML but it somehow got corrupted
in transit, and now the browser cache contains the corrupted copy.

> > If the same problem occurs after clearing your browser's cache,
> > then, I would suspect there is a web proxy between you and the
> > web site, with a corrupted entry in its web proxy cache.
> >
> > Perhaps your ISP runs an intercepting (or transparent) web proxy
> > to save upstream bandwidth and improve response times by caching
> > frequently-requested pages.
>
> Those are both good possibilities, and what I was thinking of to check
> next.
0
Ralph
7/13/2011 8:02:43 PM
Hmm It went away after I restarted FF last time, but today  after
another restart (and reboot), it does the same again (again for
http://www.yehudamoon.com/), but restarting FF does not help.

When I try to 'save' that index.php it's 0 bytes, so I cannot see
whether anything in there causes this.

Is there not a way to find out why FF thinks that the result it gets is
a file for download? Is there a debug mode that can be used to see this?

Could this be a proxy issue?
sigh
0
Mathias
7/24/2011 4:25:26 AM
On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 12:25:26 +0800, in message <8IqdnUUaQ6f6PbbTnZ2dnUVZ_jednZ2d@mozilla.org>
Mathias Koerber wrote:

> Hmm It went away after I restarted FF last time, but today  after
> another restart (and reboot), it does the same again (again for
> http://www.yehudamoon.com/), but restarting FF does not help.
>
> When I try to 'save' that index.php it's 0 bytes, so I cannot see
> whether anything in there causes this.
>
> Is there not a way to find out why FF thinks that the result it gets is
> a file for download? Is there a debug mode that can be used to see this?

Install the "Live HTTP Headers" extension.
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/live-http-headers/>
You can use it to see the actual HTTP response headers which Firefox receives.

For a normal PHP page sending HTML content, you should see
HTTP response headers looking something like this:

|   HTTP/1.1 200 OK
|   Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 05:11:08 GMT
|   Server: Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)

If the "Content-Type:" header does not say "text/html", then that
could be why Firefox thinks it has a file for download.

There is also another possible cause (but less likely in this case):
if there is another header saying "Content-Disposition: attachment"

> Could this be a proxy issue?

Quite possibly.   It is not very common, but a proxy with
a corrupted entry in its cache can cause do this.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

firefox don't open index.php but ask me to download it
firefox 2.01 on fedora core6. When navigating some pages like http://www.samplehost.com/index.php?param1=value1;param2=value2;param3=value3, sometimes everything is OK. But sometimes it asks me to download index.php. I save index.php, its size is zero. I guess that firefox asks me to save the page only when the server takes too long to response. How can I fix this ? I don't want the download file dialog to appear. Frank Potter wrote: > firefox 2.01 on fedora core6. When navigating some pages like > http://www.samplehost.com/index.php?param1=value1;param2=value2;param...

http://www.firefox-community-edition.org/firefox-download-process/firefox-offer-premium.php?from=1waskwywabbit%40gmail%2ecom&meta_adtracking=ffdoi&meta_message=1&meta_required=from&meta_web_form_id=10
Name: bunny Email: 1waskwywabbitatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: http://www.firefox-community-edition.org/firefox-download-process/firefox-offer-premium.php?from=1waskwywabbit%40gmail%2ecom&meta_adtracking=ffdoi&meta_message=1&meta_required=from&meta_web_form_id=105814493&name=bunny&unit=firefox%2dorg Comments: are you aware of this website? http://www.firefox-community-edition.org/firefox-download- process/firefox-offer-premium.php?from=1waskwywabbit%40gmail% 2ecom&meta_adtracking=ffdoi&meta_message=1&meta_required=from&meta_web...

openSUSE-12.1, Apache, PHP
Hi, Just installed openSUSE-12.1, Apache, PHP etc., configured a virtual host and all... I have 2 index files for testing: index.html and index.php. When I go to localhost/index.html in Firefox, it all works fine. But when I go to the index.php, Firefox asks me to open/save the PHP file. Looks like something's wrong with Apache/PHP mod, but I don't know what. index.php is in httpd.conf: # List of resources to look for when the client requests a directory DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.html.var What else should I do to make Apache process PHP scripts? Than...

Firefox 3b5 Download/Resume support
Name: Daniel Bonomo Email: dbonomoatgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3b5 Download/Resume support Comments: Hi all, I was downloading a few files when my connection dropped. My router does that a lot, and resume support in downloads is one of the reasons I decided to go for the beta of FF3. Unfortunately when my connection dropped and I didn't click on Pause Download, Firefox just said that the connection was lost and the file couldn't be saved. Or something like that, I don't remember exactly. Regardless, the point is that I was unable to r...

Firefox problem with index.php read
I believe that I have someway or another caused Firefox to stop reading ..php files properly. When I attempt to open my netscape home page <http://my.netscape.com/index2.psp> is will sometimes get download box opening asking what I want to use to download the index.php file. I've also started to encounter other funky behaviors with the browser. Unfortunately I can't make any of the funkiness occur on command as it were. I do know that I accidentally clicked on the delete cookies button (thinking that I was in the Cache tab) in the Firefox preferences. When I r...

To Index or Not To Index or How To Index
Hello, I was wondering if someone knows a better way to explain how different indexes work. Such as, is it better to have an index with int type or char or varchar etc? Is it better to have composite indexes or indexes with individual columns? How does optimizer handle different indexes and what can we do help it? Indexes are very efficient most of the time but they can be quite detrimental to server's performance, if abused. Perhaps you know of a good article about indexing that you could share with us. Or, perhaps Mr. Rob Verschoor would like to issue an article in his very usefu...

Index.php offered for download rather than interpreted?
Hello, I have SLES10 SP3 with Apache2 in version 2.2.3 and php5. I have a virtual host configuration with one vhost. The */etc/apache2/listen.conf*: Code: -------------------- NameVirtualHost 10.145.21.186:80 Listen 10.145.21.186:80 Listen 127.0.0.1:80 -------------------- The vhost is configured thru */etc/apache2/vhosts.d/_web-ims.conf* In _web-ims.conf: Code: -------------------- Include /etc/apache2/conf.d/*.conf -------------------- This directory (/etc/apache2/conf.d) also contains the php-config-file php5.conf which now gets inter...

can't login
Hi, After clicking the login link anywhere on https://developer.mozilla.org, I am prompted to download index.php. What's up? Thanks, Eric ...

new version of firefox does not support audio downloads from esnips.
Name: ramu Email: ramudotvedantaatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: new version of firefox does not support audio downloads from esnips. Comments: The current version of Firefox does not support esnips audio download using greasemonkey addon enabled. Earlier versions of firefox supported it. Could you let me know which version was it or could you kindly enable it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to...

Metalinker.org (XML for describing downloads: mirrors, checksums, etc) support in Firefox?
..metalinks are simple XML files that list download info like mirrors and checksums. how/where would one go about adding support in Firefox? my idea would be to progress like this: 0) Download the .metalink file 1) Process .metalink XML file and download from one URL for each <file> 2) Verify whole file checksum 3) Verify each chunk with chunk checksums; re-download error chunks 4?) Multi-source downloads: use multiple mirrors to download one file I'm assuming reading the XML and doing a checksum of the whole file would be possible & quite easy considering Firefo...

FireFox 1.5 beta 3, "would you like to download PHP?"
Name: Odin H�rthe Omdal / Velmont Email: odin.omdal+hendrix_at_gmail.com Product: Deer Park Summary: FireFox 1.5 beta 3, "would you like to download PHP?" Comments: Wow, big bug. - I wanted to post a comment on a WordPress-blog (the WP-software: http://wordpress.org), but I can't because FireFox want to download the file instead of redirecting like the file want one to do. This works in all other browsers than FireFox 1.5; and either WP must be fixed (of course, every browser might have their hacks for stuff like this, although I'm holding 1.5 responsible fo...

firefox lock up when downloading multiple downloads
Name: m jeffrey slebodnick Email: eagle4teach86atlivedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: firefox lock up when downloading multiple downloads Comments: ok, its only been 1 hour since i downloaded the new firefox 3 beta 3 i tried to download theater of war demo setup file (586 mB) at the same time, i browsed to historical simulations incorporated website tried to open a 6 mb pdf file opened the 1st page, then locked firefox with 456 k of 6.10 mb downloaded of pdf file ... using latest adobe reader 8.1.2 seems that i should be able to perform multiple downloads, and open a ...

multiple vitamins, vitamin e, vitamin c d, moisturizing lotion: <a href= http://vitamins.vdforum.ru/index.php >vitamin e</a> [url=http://vitamins.vdforum.ru/index.php]vitamin e[/url]

multiple vitamins, vitamin e, vitamin c d, moisturizing lotion: <a href= http://vitamins.vdforum.ru/index.php >vitamin e</a> [url=http://vitamins.vdforum.ru/index.php]vitamin e[/url] #2

Web resources about - download index.php - mozilla.support.firefox

Don't Download This Song - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Don't Download This Song " is the first single from "Weird Al" Yankovic 's 12th studio album Straight Outta Lynwood . The song was released ...

Facebook Adds To Download Your Information
Facebook increased the amount of information users can access when they download their account histories using the social network’s Download ...

Download the Facebook IQ digital magazine - Facebook for Business
The Facebook IQ digital magazine puts all the insights, best practices and key stats in one place. Download it on your mobile and read it anywhere. ...

Downloads
Download previous versions of the Facebook for iOS SDK.

‘Silent updates’ for Android download latest version of Facebook without Google Play
... users to receive app updates without going through the Google Play store. Some Android users are now receiving “silent updates,” which download ...

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done
Lifehacker curates tips, tricks, and technology for living better in the digital age.

Technology Product Reviews, News, Prices & Downloads - PCMag.com - PC Magazine
PC Magazine is your complete guide to PC computers, peripherals and upgrades. We test and review computer- and Internet-related products and ...

Indie Music News, MP3 Downloads, Music Videos, Reviews - Stereogum
MP3s downloads, music videos, concert reviews, tour dates and contests. Updated regularly.

RN Download ThisShow (@RNDownload) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here RN Download ThisShow @ RNDownload ...

Boston Download: Hate Crime at Harvard, Airline Finds Marathon Survivor's Prosthetic Leg
Harvard Law Faculty Portraits Defaced in Racially Motivated Vandalism Someone put black tape over the faces of black law professors in portraits ...