Download Cache / Apt-cacher for windows firefox

Hello,

I have a network with about 100 clients (firefox and Thunderbird).
Is there a way to cache the the Firefox / thundbird Programm downloads
like apt-cacher. Do don't want to download a new version 100 times.

Best Regards,
basti
0
basti
11/8/2017 10:38:56 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 23913 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

--------------050804000309070700090907

On 08/11/2017 10:38, basti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a network with about 100 clients (firefox and Thunderbird).
> Is there a way to cache the the Firefox / thundbird Programm downloads
> like apt-cacher. Do don't want to download a new version 100 times.
>
> Best Regards,
> basti

What you want is normally called "deployment".  There is a Wiki at this
link about it:

<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Deployment:Deploying_Firefox>

I haven't tried it but you can read about it and try it in your
organisation and let us know how it is done and perhaps that wiki can be
amended in the light of your experience.

Good luck.

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

--------------050804000309070700090907

  <head>
  </head>
cite="mid:mailman.2079.1510155110.16833.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">Hello,

I have a network with about 100 clients (firefox and Thunderbird).
Is there a way to cache the the Firefox / thundbird Programm downloads
like apt-cacher. Do don't want to download a new version 100 times.

Best Regards,
basti
</pre>
    What you want is normally called "deployment".  There is a Wiki at
    this link about it:<br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="https://wiki.mozilla.org/Deployment:Deploying_Firefox">&lt;https://wiki.mozilla.org/Deployment:Deploying_Firefox&gt;</a><br>
    I haven't tried it but you can read about it and try it in your
    organisation and let us know how it is done and perhaps that wiki
    can be amended in the light of your experience.<br>
    Good luck.<br>
          yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 500 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows.</div>

--------------050804000309070700090907--
0
Good