Download Arrow Not Showing Time Remaining

I rely heavily on Firefox for downloading. Today I noticed that the
download arrow isn't showing the time remaining for the download.

Is anyone else experiencing this ? If not is there a simple download
extension for Firefox which has some control over the downloads or time
remaining which is important to me. I am on a relatively slow connection.

Thanks,

Michael
0
Michael
6/17/2017 12:15:51 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23686 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

On 6/17/17 8:15 AM, Michael wrote:
> I rely heavily on Firefox for downloading. Today I noticed that the
> download arrow isn't showing the time remaining for the download.
>
> Is anyone else experiencing this ? If not is there a simple download
> extension for Firefox which has some control over the downloads or time
> remaining which is important to me. I am on a relatively slow connection.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

I just came across this article which may help.

<https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/17/restore-download-information-in-firefox/>

--
Go Bucs!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
On 17/06/2017 13:49, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 6/17/17 8:15 AM, Michael wrote:
>> I rely heavily on Firefox for downloading. Today I noticed that the
>> download arrow isn't showing the time remaining for the download.
>>
>> Is anyone else experiencing this ? If not is there a simple download
>> extension for Firefox which has some control over the downloads or
>> time remaining which is important to me. I am on a relatively slow
>> connection.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Michael
>
> I just came across this article which may help.
>
> <https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/17/restore-download-information-in-firefox/>

Thanks for the information, very interesting. It would be a good idea if
Mozilla had advised the new download behaviour when the browser
restarted after the update.

I am not competent to do the workaround to get the time left on
downloads to show, but will try some of the extensions instead.

I am also not looking forward to Firefox 57 when a lot of existing
extensions will stop working,it will be a sad day if the extensions I
use fail. If this happens I will stick to an earlier version of Firefox
and move my main browsing to Opera.

Michael.

0
Michael
6/17/2017 1:33:22 PM
Michael wrote:
> I am also not looking forward to Firefox 57 when a lot of existing
> extensions will stop working,it will be a sad day if the extensions
> I use fail.

You're by far not the only one.

> If this happens I will stick to an earlier version of Firefox and
> move my main browsing to Opera.

For the time being stick with the latest FF esr version.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/

-p

0
PietB
6/17/2017 4:14:18 PM
On 2017-06-17 08:49, WaltS48 <thalionusa@REMOVEaol.com> wrote:

> On 6/17/17 8:15 AM, Michael wrote:
>> I rely heavily on Firefox for downloading. Today I noticed that the
>> download arrow isn't showing the time remaining for the download.
>>
>> Is anyone else experiencing this ? If not is there a simple download
>> extension for Firefox which has some control over the downloads or
>> time remaining which is important to me. I am on a relatively slow
>> connection.
>>
> I just came across this article which may help.
> <https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/17/restore-download-information-in-firefox/>

This, unfortunately, only adds back the details to the downloads panel,
i.e. it does not bring back time remaining on the download arrow. What a
ridiculous change, in line with removing the version numbers in the
addOns window...

Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@hotmail.com
oO-( )-Oo  "I am the plot-twist in the 2nd reel!" -Darkwing

0
B00ze