Dangers (If Any) Of Not Updating Firefox ?

Since the earliest days of the Firefox browser I have updated with every
new release,however these days I do not use Firefox as my main browser.

Because of the various changes being made to Firefox over the following
few months which may have an impact on Flash and my extensions I will
not be upgrading to 55.

On this newsgroup in the past, some people have been using early
releases of Firefox and I haven't read about people being subjected to
viruses or whatever, is this so ?

If Firefox tries to force an upgrade despite my settings saying not to
update, I will ditch the programme completely.

Michael
0
Michael
8/11/2017 9:37:20 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 23865 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

In message
<mailman.1919.1502444264.14893.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>,
Michael <notme@here.com> writes:
>Since the earliest days of the Firefox browser I have updated with
>every new release,however these days I do not use Firefox as my main
>browser.
>
>Because of the various changes being made to Firefox over the following
>few months which may have an impact on Flash and my extensions I will
>not be upgrading to 55.
>
>On this newsgroup in the past, some people have been using early
>releases of Firefox and I haven't read about people being subjected to
>viruses or whatever, is this so ?

I run version 26 (with a few extensions); I'm not aware of having
experienced any viruses or other malware. Whether this is due to running
XP (albeit with up-to-date (I think) virus software), or just being
careful (though not excessively so), I have no idea.
[]
I do experience a fairly high proportion of pages not working,
especially if - as is usually the case - I don't run the browser
full-screen; it is usually formatting that breaks (sloppy page design),
I don't use complicated things like banking. I use Chrome if I really
want to look at a bad page. (The proportion that are unusable isn't
enough to stop me using Firefox, though.)

Quantum particles: the dreams that stuff is made of - David Moser