louise
1/12/2006 6:20:29 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24073 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

On 12.01.2006 18:20 UK Time, louise wrote:

I quite agree :-)

--
Herbert Eppel
www.HETranslation.co.uk
Herb wrote:
> On 12.01.2006 18:20 UK Time, louise wrote:

> I quite agree :-)

Well, it might of course just be a case of misunderstood cl ;p
0
Gwenhyffar
1/12/2006 6:38:34 PM
Gwenhyffar Milgi wrote:
> Herb wrote:
>> On 12.01.2006 18:20 UK Time, louise wrote:

>> I quite agree :-)
>>
> Well, it might of course just be a case of misunderstood cl ;p

....or a p that fell on its head?
0
Gudmund
1/12/2006 8:50:16 PM
On 01/12/06 15:50, Gudmund Areskoug wrote:
> Gwenhyffar Milgi wrote:
>> Herb wrote:
>>> On 12.01.2006 18:20 UK Time, louise wrote:

>>> I quite agree :-)
>>>
>> Well, it might of course just be a case of misunderstood cl ;p
>
> ....or a p that fell on its head?

Or a b in a mirror?
--
Yay!
0
On 01/12/06 17:12, Matt Nordhoff wrote:
> On 01/12/06 15:50, Gudmund Areskoug wrote:
>> Gwenhyffar Milgi wrote:

>>> Well, it might of course just be a case of misunderstood cl ;p
>>
>> ....or a p that fell on its head?
>
> Or a b in a mirror?

Or, according to Acronym Finder [1], "D" stands for 107 different things.

Reading through some of them, I think Bev's computer got infested by a
spam-generating virus, and it's spamming about some vitamin D
supplement, saying only "d" to get around junk filters. Or Bev died.

[1] <URL:http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?Acronym=d>
--
Yay!
0
On 01/12/06 17:16, Matt Nordhoff wrote:
> On 01/12/06 17:12, Matt Nordhoff wrote:

>>> ....or a p that fell on its head?
>>
>> Or a b in a mirror?
>
> Or, according to Acronym Finder [1], "D" stands for 107 different things.
>
> Reading through some of them, I think Bev's computer got infested by a
> spam-generating virus, and it's spamming about some vitamin D
> supplement, saying only "d" to get around junk filters. Or Bev died.
>
> [1] <URL:http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?Acronym=d>

Okay, how did I think The Real Bev started this thread? Replace "Bev"
with "Louise".
--
Yay!
0

Please use mozilla.test for test posts. Thanks. :-)
--
Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
Mozilla Help <http://mozillahelp.com>

I think that is spellt wrongly ??

reg
0
squaredancer
1/12/2006 10:55:38 PM
Matt Nordhoff wrote:
> On 01/12/06 17:16, Matt Nordhoff wrote:

>>> Or a b in a mirror?
>>
>> Or, according to Acronym Finder [1], "D" stands for 107 different things.
>>
>> Reading through some of them, I think Bev's computer got infested by a
>> spam-generating virus, and it's spamming about some vitamin D
>> supplement, saying only "d" to get around junk filters. Or Bev died.
>>
>> [1] <URL:http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?Acronym=d>
>
> Okay, how did I think The Real Bev started this thread? Replace "Bev"
> with "Louise".

Now *that* should certainly count as a Fake Bev!

Still wondering what Louise actually wanted, if anything...

BR,
Gudmund
--
Since I have no imagination, I'll just have to make believe I do...
0
On 01/12/06 17:55, squaredancer wrote:
> On 12.01.2006 19:20, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  louise to
> generate the following:? :

> I think that is spellt wrongly ??
>
> reg

You add an extra space before the person's name in your reply string
thing. And the end of it is messed up.

"On 12.01.2006 19:20, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  louise to
generate the following:? : "
                        ^^^^                              ^
--
Yay!
0

ok
0
Sambler
1/13/2006 5:31:02 PM
Sambler wrote:
> louise escribi�:
>
> ok
I think everyone that has so smuggly responded to "d" needs to get a life!

18 degrees, clear Wind from the NW at 6
0
Peter
1/18/2006 3:04:58 AM
On 17.01.2006 21:04, Peter In MN(Brrrr) wrote:

> I think everyone that has so smuggly responded to "d" needs to get a life!

Thanks, but already had one, on the second one now! 8-)

> 18 degrees, clear Wind from the NW at 6

--
Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
Jay Garcia wrote:
> On 17.01.2006 21:04, Peter In MN(Brrrr) wrote:

so, they sell Life over there too! (Was going to provide a link, but it
turns out their website suck *so badly* it's *almost completely*
dysfunctional! Not even a link to get in touch with them...)

BR,
Gudmund
0
Gudmund
1/18/2006 3:28:41 PM
Peter In MN(Brrrr) wrote:

> Sambler wrote:
>> louise escribi�:
>>
>> ok
> I think everyone that has so smuggly responded to "d" needs to get a life!

I had a life.  This is better.

> 18 degrees, clear Wind from the NW at 6

12 inches of snow on the open runs in Big Bear.  Not enough.

--
Cheers,
Bev

> Peter In MN(Brrrr) wrote:
>

>>Sambler wrote:
>>
>>>louise escribi�:

>>>ok
>>
>>I think everyone that has so smuggly responded to "d" needs to get a life!
>

> I had a life.  This is better.
>

>>18 degrees, clear Wind from the NW at 6
>

> 12 inches of snow on the open runs in Big Bear.  Not enough.

Big Bear is a bunny mountain anyway - Mt. Baldy is better steep, but
only has enough snow twice a year...
0
jg
1/19/2006 1:59:55 AM
jg wrote:

> On 1/18/2006 5:12 PM The Real Bev scribbled:
>
>> Peter In MN(Brrrr) wrote:
>>>18 degrees, clear Wind from the NW at 6
>>
>> 12 inches of snow on the open runs in Big Bear.  Not enough.
>>
> Big Bear is a bunny mountain anyway - Mt. Baldy is better steep, but
> only has enough snow twice a year...

Some years it doesn't open at all.  Never gone there, I didn't think I was
good enough 5 years ago and I'm worse now.

Big Bear is better than Mountain High, especially since lift tickets at
Ralph's are $43 (or $47?) this year.  I thought they were overpriced at $27.

Easy enough [for someone else] to hike Kratka or Waterman in good years, I
think they're both closed forever.

--
Cheers,
Bev

Support Firefox
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Support Firefox Comments: In US, online banks can be accessed by using firefox, which is not the case in China since in China banks usually issue a plug-in which is a pre-requsite and is only compatible with IE. I believe this problem hinders the more poluparization of FIREFOX in China. But in US, this is hardly a problem, I prefer Firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; zh-CN; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response...

d d
Name: &#38886;&#19968; Email: wzx128at126dotcom Product: Minefield Summary: d d Comments: d d Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a6pre) Gecko/20070702 Minefield/3.0a6pre ...

FIrefox support
I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here and no replies - I'm used to the old Netscape support group that seemed to be very involved in anyone's issues - a lot of discussion and support. Does anyone have suggestions for links for technical support for Firefox browser? I like the browser and would like to switch over from Netscape but I need some help. Appreciate any ideas and links. On 23.09.2007 01:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused technical80@yahoo.com to generate the following:? : > I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here ...

why not support firefox
Name: Email: michelwongatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: why not support firefox Comments: Dear Sirs I notice that many China website e.g. http://v.163.com/tvlist/borpage_81.html not support firefox but only IE. The box said : "您现在使用浏览器(如FireFox)无法正常观看,请使用 IE(Internet Explorer)浏览器打开此页面!". This is only 1 example, but there are many more cases like this from China sites. Another 1 is CCTV(http://vod.cctv.com/podcast/index), but after I ungrade to 3.5.3 recently, CCTV China pop-up a small box asking me to plugin, after that I can view it. Please improv...

support/what support
Name: William Johnson Email: william0992atsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: support/what support Comments: your support? department for Firefox issues is nothing but a circular maze of unbelievably confusing information that is of no use for the layman and I would dump this piece of trash if I didn't need it for certain websites. I don't know how to reprogram the many bugs or fix the many websites broken by this thing and its "error console" with no directions as to what to do with it. What is it's purpose if there is no help function for it? ...

Firefox support
I have been experimenting around with Mozilla's Firefox browser, here are my questions: 1. has anyone else been looking into this, if so what have you found for compatibility 2. I have found that only 1 of the page layouts render correctly in Firefox, does anyone know why, or if this is being worked on? Thanks again for your time and knowledge 1. has anyone else been looking into this, if so what have you found for compatibility Some of the html editors don't work that well or at all in FF. 2. I have found that only 1 of the page layouts render correctly in Firefox, does an...

To :D or not to :D
Hi all, Liz and Tux demonstrate powerful Perl6 code at each monthly meeting of our Mongers in Amsterdam. Looking at their examples, I collected a few questions of which I want to discuss the first one in this thread. When I look at Merijns (Tux') code, I see a huge number of :D attributes. https://github.com/Tux/CSV/blob/master/lib/Text/CSV.pm Close to all scalar positional parameter (51x) carry the :D flag. I count only 3 where the parameter does accept undef and the method is able to handle it. I count another 3 where the :D is missing, but the method is not abl...

Firefox support should be ...
-- i think -- Firefox support should last 5 years to 7 years for Firefox 2.x.x.x and 3.x.x ...

Firefox Not supported
Name: Chris Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Not supported Comments: Firefox not supported on NatWest online banking. Running Firefox version 3.1b3 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-GB; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox Support?
Hopefully someone will answer this. I have seen several posts asking about Firefox support in NW65SP3 with no responses. I see that support should be there in SP3, but it isn't working on any of the servers in our school district. I am running FF 1.0.4, and the 4.0.5 iPrint client. We are still receiving the message that iPrint is not installed. Is there something that I need to do on the server to enable iPrint support for other browsers? -- ----------------------------------------------------------------- Timothy M. Musa Community Consolidated School District 93 ...

Firefox or not Firefox

Firefox support
There is a new IPrint client (4.05) on Novell's site. Does this version support Firefox? Thanks. MC No issues for iPrint 4.0.5 under Firefox 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. I also had no issues under earlier iPrint clients either. >>> Mike<curt@fordhamprep.org> 4/14/2005 10:55 AM >>> There is a new IPrint client (4.05) on Novell's site. Does this version support Firefox? Thanks. MC Michael Fraser wrote: > No issues for iPrint 4.0.5 under Firefox 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. > > I also had no issues under earlier iPrint clients either. > >...

firefox support
Name: hen Product: Firefox Summary: firefox support Comments: firefox should support Firefox 2.x.x.x and 3.x.x - 5 years to 7 years should be good support Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

:D:D
Name: Rafa&#322; Email: rafalsmieja_at_wp.pl Product: Bon Echo Summary: :D:D Comments: super!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060321 Firefox/2.0a1 ...

Firefox 3.0 has broken the little AppleScript support remaining in Firefox
Name: James Yost Email: mrpersonatearthlinkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0 has broken the little AppleScript support remaining in Firefox Comments: In previous versions of Firefox there was slight AppleScript support. Version 3 has broken what remained (i.e. properties of window n). The Macintosh community would welcome more AppleScript support - At least a "do javascript" command from AppleScript would help a great deal. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 From URL: http...

Web resources about - d - mozilla.support.firefox

Google Maps Gets “Driving” Mode to Give You Suggestions on When to Drive
Google is pushing out a pretty decent new feature to Google Maps this week, called Driving mode. The mode attempts to help you decide if now ...

Lawrence Phillips Found Dead In Prison Cell Due To Possible Suicide
Lawrence Phillips, former NFL running back and standout at The University of Nebraska, was found dead Wednesday morning inside his prison cell, ...

Copyright Question: Does David Bowie Get The Copyright On Computer Generated Lyrics?
There have been a number of copyright-related discussions spurred by the unfortunate passing of David Bowie, but here's one more that might make ...

Worldwide PC shipments continue to slip, but convertible devices are growing in popularity
The worldwide PC market continues to decline. According to the latest numbers from IDC, PC manufacturers shipped just 71.9 million units in the ...

Star Wars Bits: Leia Coming ‘Star Wars Rebels,’ John Boyega Teases ‘Episode 8,’ The Return of Jabba the ...
Today’s edition of Star Wars Bits is jam-packed with galactic-sized goodness, so we don’t even time for a proper introduction. We don’t! Honest! ...

UN Diplomat: UN Working for Tougher Sanctions on North Korea
UN diplomat: Security Council pursuing resolution to impose tougher sanctions on North Korea

Virtual and Augmented Reality May be a ‘Game Changer’ Like PCs, Says Goldman
Goldman Sachs ’s Heather Bellini and team today offered up a 58-page think piece on the future of virtual reality and augmented reality , the ...

Media Frenzy Over Sean Penn’s El Chapo Interview Obscures Brutality
The media circus surrounding the prison escape and recapture of Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzmán, a cunning peasant farmer-turned billionaire drug lord ...

Al Jazeera America to shut down
USA TODAY Al Jazeera America to shut down USA TODAY Al Jazeera America, the American cable news outlet owned by Qatar-based Al Jazeera, plans ...

Outlook for iOS and Android gets Skype call scheduling
Outlook users who need to cook up a videoconference will have an easier time with new updates Microsoft announced for the app on iOS and Android. ...