Copy web text fr FF2 PASTE to outlook text mail msg get an attachment not text

I never had this problem with IE.

When I copy text from a web page and try to paste it as text into an Outlook2000
TEXT mail message, it instead is rendered into an attachment to the message.  I just want
to paste the text.

Does anyone know why this happens, better yet - how to fix it?

Currently I have to past the text into a text editor, and then recopy that into
my Outlook mail message.  This is getting old fast.

Thanks in advance.

Sandalls
0
Sandalls

On 2/23/2007 5:01 PM On a whim, Sandalls pounded out on the keyboard

> I never had this problem with IE.
>
> When I copy text from a web page and try to paste it as text into an Outlook2000
> TEXT mail message, it instead is rendered into an attachment to the message.  I just want
> to paste the text.
>
> Does anyone know why this happens, better yet - how to fix it?
>
> Currently I have to past the text into a text editor, and then recopy that into
> my Outlook mail message.  This is getting old fast.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Sandalls

In O2k, can you right click in the compose window and select Paste
unformatted, or click Edit, Paste Special (if there is one)?

--
Terry
Terry
On 2007-02-23 20:14:21, Terry wrote:
> On 2/23/2007 5:01 PM On a whim, Sandalls pounded out on the keyboard

> In O2k, can you right click in the compose window and select Paste
> unformatted, or click Edit, Paste Special (if there is one)?

a) There is no option but 'paste' with right-click.

b) With 'Edit/PasteSpecial', it is there but greyed out, presumably because the
message is already in plain text format.

So neither of those options exist.   The odd thing is, and why I think
the finger points to Firefox, is that I can copy anything I want in
IE and it always pastes as text in a plain text format message. Like it should.

NOW; if I convert the O2K plain text format message to either Rich-Text or HTML
msg format, Firefox copied text from an html page pastes the text the way it should
(with the text formatting of course), and then if I then switch the formatting back to
PlainText, it is plain text the way it is supposed to be.

But why is this anomaly unique to Firefox?

Thanks for your reply and your help, Terry.

Sandalls

0
Sandalls
2/24/2007 3:53:25 AM
On 2/23/2007 7:53 PM On a whim, Sandalls pounded out on the keyboard

> On 2007-02-23 20:14:21, Terry wrote:
>> On 2/23/2007 5:01 PM On a whim, Sandalls pounded out on the keyboard
>
>> In O2k, can you right click in the compose window and select Paste
>> unformatted, or click Edit, Paste Special (if there is one)?
>
> a) There is no option but 'paste' with right-click.
>
> b) With 'Edit/PasteSpecial', it is there but greyed out, presumably because the
> message is already in plain text format.
>
> So neither of those options exist.   The odd thing is, and why I think
> the finger points to Firefox, is that I can copy anything I want in
> IE and it always pastes as text in a plain text format message. Like it should.
>
> NOW; if I convert the O2K plain text format message to either Rich-Text or HTML
> msg format, Firefox copied text from an html page pastes the text the way it should
> (with the text formatting of course), and then if I then switch the formatting back to
> PlainText, it is plain text the way it is supposed to be.
>
> But why is this anomaly unique to Firefox?
>
> Thanks for your reply and your help, Terry.
>
> Sandalls

I hate to say it, but of course it works properly with IE to O2k, it's
MS to MS.  The same will occur when using FF and TB.

If Edit, Paste Special is greyed out, I doubt it's because it's already
in plain text copied from a web page.  Maybe you're missing a filter in
the Office 2k suite?  I recently removed Office 2k from my system or I'd
be able to test it.

My thought is that O2k in "text mode" is seeing the paste (from the
Windows clipboard) as "non text" and is adding it as an HTML attachment.
  Therefore the fault doesn't lie with FF but with the way O2k handles
"non text" in text mode.

--
Terry
Terry
> I never had this problem with IE.
>
> When I copy text from a web page and try to paste it as text into an Outlook2000
> TEXT mail message, it instead is rendered into an attachment to the message.  I just want
> to paste the text.
>
> Does anyone know why this happens, better yet - how to fix it?
>
> Currently I have to past the text into a text editor, and then recopy that into
> my Outlook mail message.  This is getting old fast.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Sandalls
Did you got an answer with a Microsoft newsgroup already?

Isn't it all a question how familiar we are with the apps we are using?
All of them have a lot of features, just use them!

With Outlook choose "Format" --> "Only Text".

You can paste the FX copied text into there! Thaink what you get !??

Good look & and please: no finger pointing!!
0
gNeandr
2/24/2007 2:20:39 PM
On 2007-02-24 03:30:48, Terry wrote:

> I hate to say it, but of course it works properly with IE to O2k, it's
> MS to MS.  The same will occur when using FF and TB.

There is something inherently different about how FF copies html text to the clipboard
than how IE copies html text to the clipboard.   Regardless of the source of the
problem.

 FYI, O2k is pasting a LINK to the page the text is on, not  ANY of the selected text.

> If Edit, Paste Special is greyed out, I doubt it's because it's already
> in plain text copied from a web page.  Maybe you're missing a filter in
> the Office 2k suite?  I recently removed Office 2k from my system or I'd
> be able to test it.

It's greyed out because my default msg (email) format is plain text.

I have all the filters installed that were available in the DeveloperEd of O2k.
No reference to anything pertaining to Firefox.  I'm not sure Firefox existed
when O2k was released (ca '98?) .

I'll  check with MS to see if special 'filters' are required for FF for any
MS Office application, past or present, if so , if they're available, and
if they're available for O2k.

FYI, if I paste the FF copied text into an html formatted email msg, the paste
works fine, carrying the format with it, of course.  If I then convert
the html msg back to plain text, this works fine too - the formatted text is
converted to plain text as it should..    Ditto with 'Rich Text'.

> My thought is that O2k in "text mode" is seeing the paste (from the
> Windows clipboard) as "non text" and is adding it as an HTML attachment.
> Therefore the fault doesn't lie with FF but with the way O2k handles
> "non text" in text mode.

There is something inherently different about how FF copies html text to the clipboard
and how IE copies html text to the clipboard.   Regardless of the source of the
problem.

Thanks for your help Terry, it is much appreciated.  I'll go MS-side to check there
for issues/filters.    You have been very helpful.

Sandalls

0
Sandalls
2/24/2007 9:50:05 PM
Ahhh - updated to FF2.0.0.2 (from FF1-whatever) and the problem magically disappeared.

Can now copy and paste to beat the band from a web page and it pastes as plain text
the way it's supposed to.

Whatever it was, it's fixed in FF2.

Thanks for your help.

Sandalls