Cookies???

Where can I see (edit) the cookies stored on Firefox and/or TB?

0
Mortman
8/10/2017 5:55:51 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23759 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

16 Replies
20 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 56

On 8/10/17 at 1:55 PM, Mortman created this epitome of digital genius:
> Where can I see (edit) the cookies stored on Firefox and/or TB?
> 

FF

Tools - Options - Privacy - Show Cookies will display them.  You can't 
edit them but you can delete incividual or groups of cookies.

TB

Tools - Privacy - Show Cookies.  Same as FF.

-- 
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/
Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary.
0
Ed
8/10/2017 6:15:15 PM
Mortman wrote:

> Where can I see (edit) the cookies stored on Firefox and/or TB?

Firefox stores them in an sqlite database file (cookies.sqlite) under
your Firefox profile folder.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Cookies

"Options -> Privacy -> Show cookies" only lets you remove some or all
cookie records in the database.  External cleaners (e.g., CCleaner)
likely just delete the file (which Firefox will recreate).

If, as you mention, you want to *edit* the cookie records in the
database then you will need an SQLite editor or learn the SQLite command
set to dig into the database and issue commands to alter fields within
the records within.  Maybe http://sqlitebrowser.org/ might work for you
(never used it but I've also never tried directly editing SQLite
database files).
0
VanguardLH
8/10/2017 6:22:06 PM
On 8/10/2017 1:55 PM, Mortman wrote:
> Where can I see (edit) the cookies stored on Firefox and/or TB?
> 

Thunderbird:
Tools, Options, Privacy, Show Cookies

Firefox:
Same sequence as in Thunderbird
0
Keith
8/10/2017 7:11:02 PM
I think for TB, its Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy -> Show cookies   at 
least for TB under Ubuntu

On 08/10/2017 11:15 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
> On 8/10/17 at 1:55 PM, Mortman created this epitome of digital genius:
>> Where can I see (edit) the cookies stored on Firefox and/or TB?
>>
>
> FF
>
> Tools - Options - Privacy - Show Cookies will display them.  You can't 
> edit them but you can delete incividual or groups of cookies.
>
> TB
>
> Tools - Privacy - Show Cookies.  Same as FF.
>


0
John
8/11/2017 6:49:50 AM
On 8/10/2017 1:55 PM, Mortman wrote:
> Where can I see (edit) the cookies stored on Firefox and/or TB?
>
Thanx guys!

0
Mortman
8/11/2017 12:48:50 PM
On 8/10/2017 1:55 PM, Mortman wrote:
> Where can I see (edit) the cookies stored on Firefox and/or TB?
>
Thanx guys!

0
Mortman
8/11/2017 12:48:50 PM
On 8/11/2017 8:48 AM, Mortman wrote:
> On 8/10/2017 1:55 PM, Mortman wrote:
>> Where can I see (edit) the cookies stored on Firefox and/or TB?
>>
> Thanx guys!
> 
I hope you picked up on my conficting information.

"Tools - Privacy - Show Cookies.  Same as FF.:


It should be the same as FF: Tools - OPTIONS - Privacy - Show Cookies.


The old mind is not the same as it uses to be.
0
Keith
8/11/2017 2:11:13 PM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------0FCADE63392DF1394F71D5B2
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

On 11/08/2017 15:11, Keith Nuttle wrote:
>
>
>
> The old mind is not the same as it uses to be.

Why not block 3rd party cookies completely?  My FF hasn't got any 
Cookies after I close my browser.  Not even sites' cookies!!!

-- 
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer 
satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

--------------0FCADE63392DF1394F71D5B2
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FCFBE3">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 11/08/2017 15:11, Keith Nuttle
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:mailman.1926.1502460705.14893.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org"><br>
      <br>
      <br>
      The old mind is not the same as it uses to be.
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
    Why not block 3rd party cookies completely?  My FF hasn't got any
    Cookies after I close my browser.  Not even sites' cookies!!!<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      <div style="width: 330px; background-color: blue; color:
        yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align: center;
        margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 500 million devices now
        running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any
        previous version of windows.</div>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------0FCADE63392DF1394F71D5B2--
0
Good
8/11/2017 7:48:41 PM
On 8/11/2017 3:48 PM, Good Guy wrote:
> On 11/08/2017 15:11, Keith Nuttle wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> The old mind is not the same as it uses to be.
> 
> Why not block 3rd party cookies completely?  My FF hasn't got any 
> Cookies after I close my browser.  Not even sites' cookies!!!
> 
> -- 
> With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer 
> satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.
Because I like cookies,  Especially ones with chocolate Chips.
0
Keith
8/11/2017 9:16:02 PM
In article <mailman.1952.1502480959.14893.support-
firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, Hello.World@example.com says...
> Why not block 3rd party cookies completely?  
> 

Some sites use 3rd party cookies. My credit union's Online Banking area 
uses 3rd party cookies, and when one drills into the Credit Card section 
I suppose that would become 4th party cookies.

0
Mark12547
8/11/2017 11:35:18 PM
On 08/11/2017 06:35 PM, Mark12547 wrote:
> In article <mailman.1952.1502480959.14893.support-
> firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, Hello.World@example.com says...
>> Why not block 3rd party cookies completely?
>>
> 
> Some sites use 3rd party cookies. My credit union's Online Banking area
> uses 3rd party cookies, and when one drills into the Credit Card section
> I suppose that would become 4th party cookies.
> 

I found one site like that (requires 3rd party cookies). Without them, 
you get an endless loop. There is NOTHING on that page explaining the 
need, and the domain to enable cookies from. It's normal not to consider 
that a user might care about privacy.

-- 
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Call on God, but row away from the rocks." [Indian proverb]
0
Mark
8/12/2017 4:46:08 PM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------020101090501070508040308
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

On 12/08/2017 17:46, Mark Lloyd wrote:
> On 08/11/2017 06:35 PM, Mark12547 wrote:
>> In article <mailman.1952.1502480959.14893.support-
>> firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, Hello.World@example.com says...
>>> Why not block 3rd party cookies completely?
>>>
>>
>> Some sites use 3rd party cookies. My credit union's Online Banking area
>> uses 3rd party cookies, and when one drills into the Credit Card section
>> I suppose that would become 4th party cookies.
>>
>
> I found one site like that (requires 3rd party cookies). Without them, 
> you get an endless loop. There is NOTHING on that page explaining the 
> need, and the domain to enable cookies from. It's normal not to 
> consider that a user might care about privacy.
>

you really need to setup your FF like I have done.  See this picture:

http://i.imgur.com/gSv4hy5.png <http://i.imgur.com/gSv4hy5.png>

-- 
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer 
satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

--------------020101090501070508040308
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#F9F7ED" text="#000000">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 12/08/2017 17:46, Mark Lloyd wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:mailman.1978.1502556399.14893.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">On 08/11/2017 06:35 PM, Mark12547 wrote:
      <br>
      <blockquote type="cite">In article
        &lt;mailman.1952.1502480959.14893.support-
        <br>
        <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:firefox@lists.mozilla.org">firefox@lists.mozilla.org</a>&gt;, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:Hello.World@example.com">Hello.World@example.com</a> says...
        <br>
        <blockquote type="cite">Why not block 3rd party cookies
          completely?
          <br>
          <br>
        </blockquote>
        <br>
        Some sites use 3rd party cookies. My credit union's Online
        Banking area
        <br>
        uses 3rd party cookies, and when one drills into the Credit Card
        section
        <br>
        I suppose that would become 4th party cookies.
        <br>
        <br>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
      I found one site like that (requires 3rd party cookies). Without
      them, you get an endless loop. There is NOTHING on that page
      explaining the need, and the domain to enable cookies from. It's
      normal not to consider that a user might care about privacy.
      <br>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
    you really need to setup your FF like I have done.  See this
    picture:<br>
    <br>
    <a href="http://i.imgur.com/gSv4hy5.png"><img
        alt="http://i.imgur.com/gSv4hy5.png"
        src="http://i.imgur.com/gSv4hy5.png" moz-do-not-send="true"
        border="2" height="434" width="778"></a><br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      <div class="moz-signature">
        <div style="width: 330px; background-color: blue; color:
          yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 500 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows.</div>
      </div>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------020101090501070508040308--
0
Good
8/12/2017 5:32:21 PM
On 2017-08-11 19:35, Mark12547 wrote:
> In article <mailman.1952.1502480959.14893.support-
> firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, Hello.World@example.com says...
>> Why not block 3rd party cookies completely?
>>
> 
> Some sites use 3rd party cookies. My credit union's Online Banking area
> uses 3rd party cookies, and when one drills into the Credit Card section
> I suppose that would become 4th party cookies.

Just another reason I do no banking online whatsoever.


-- 
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
"Wanted. Schrödinger’s Cat. Dead and Alive."
0
Wolf
8/13/2017 1:14:58 AM
On 8/12/2017 9:14 PM, Wolf K wrote:
> On 2017-08-11 19:35, Mark12547 wrote:
>> In article <mailman.1952.1502480959.14893.support-
>> firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, Hello.World@example.com says...
>>> Why not block 3rd party cookies completely?
>>>
>>
>> Some sites use 3rd party cookies. My credit union's Online Banking area
>> uses 3rd party cookies, and when one drills into the Credit Card section
>> I suppose that would become 4th party cookies.
> 
> Just another reason I do no banking online whatsoever.
> 
> 
I think there is more to it that.  Where do the third party cookies come 
from.  Do they come from and outs 3rd party organization or are they 
from a different server from with in the same organization.   ie The 
bank's morgtage department uses the deposites department web site for 
thier cookies
0
Keith
8/13/2017 1:55:01 AM
On 08/12/2017 12:32 PM, Good Guy wrote:

[snip]

>> I found one site like that (requires 3rd party cookies). Without them, 
>> you get an endless loop. There is NOTHING on that page explaining the 
>> need, and the domain to enable cookies from. It's normal not to 
>> consider that a user might care about privacy.
>>
> 
> you really need to setup your FF like I have done.  See this picture:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/gSv4hy5.png <http://i.imgur.com/gSv4hy5.png>
You seem to have disabled thiry-party cookies. I do that too.

You may not have noticed that I was talking about a site that messed up 
with third-party cookies disabled.

-- 
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Miracles do not happen." [Matthew Arnold, Literature and Dogma, last
words of preface to 1883 edition]
0
Mark
8/13/2017 6:07:28 PM
On 08/12/2017 08:55 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

[snip]

> I think there is more to it that.  Where do the third party cookies come 
> from.  Do they come from and outs 3rd party organization or are they 
> from a different server from with in the same organization.   ie The 
> bank's morgtage department uses the deposites department web site for 
> thier cookies

I checked on mine, and it is another domain belonging to the bank. At 
least they could have told be about the (third-party cookie) 
requirement. No one said anything until I called about not being able to 
connect. She suggested enabling third-party cookies, but seemed to have 
no idea how this related to security.

-- 
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Miracles do not happen." [Matthew Arnold, Literature and Dogma, last
words of preface to 1883 edition]
0
Mark
8/13/2017 6:18:16 PM
Reply: