Cookies #14

I looked in Options for cookies and only found 10.
Only two financial ones.
What cookies should FF keep ?
Why does Ccleaner show 20 +/- ?

KenW
0
KenW
6/17/2017 1:25:31 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 23865 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

On 17-6-2017 3:25, KenW wrote:

> I looked in Options for cookies and only found 10.
> Only two financial ones.
> What cookies should FF keep ?
> Why does Ccleaner show 20 +/- ?
>

> KenW

Because some cookies are sacred (pardon,secret).
0
Sjouke
6/17/2017 11:19:01 AM
KenW wrote:

> I looked in Options for cookies and only found 10.
> Only two financial ones.
> What cookies should FF keep ?
> Why does Ccleaner show 20 +/- ?
>

> KenW

Was that 10 sites or 10 cookies?  Many sites send more than one cookie.

0
EE
6/17/2017 6:29:38 PM
On 6/17/2017 7:19 AM, Sjouke Burry wrote:
> On 17-6-2017 3:25, KenW wrote:
>>
>> I looked in Options for cookies and only found 10.
>> Only two financial ones.
>> What cookies should FF keep ?
>> Why does Ccleaner show 20 +/- ?
>>

>> KenW
>>
> Because some cookies are sacred (pardon,secret).

I keep those needed for sites I might have to log into or supply
location information next session if I delete their cookies.  I ditch
all others.
0
Frank
--------------020206080903020000090502

On 18/06/2017 16:53, Frank wrote:

> I keep those needed for sites I might have to log into or supply
> location information next session if I delete their cookies.  I ditch
> all others.

I thought the passwords are never stored in cookies!!  I delete all
cookies regularly (without any problems with my login credentials) .
SuperCookies are difficult to find because they are all over the place
but once a month I try to browse some folders to see what is in there
and delete something that I feel shouldn't be there.  The temp folder in
AppData/local/ folder is deleted once a week.

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

--------------020206080903020000090502

  <head>
  </head>
cite="mid:mailman.466.1497801220.27965.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite"><br>
      I keep those needed for sites I might have to log into or supply
      location information next session if I delete their cookies.  I
      ditch all others.
    I thought the passwords are never stored in cookies!!  I delete all
    cookies regularly (without any problems with my login credentials)
    .  SuperCookies are difficult to find because they are all over the
    place but once a month I try to browse some folders to see what is
    in there and delete something that I feel shouldn't be there.  The
    temp folder in AppData/local/ folder is deleted once a week.<br>
          yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 500 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows.</div>

--------------020206080903020000090502--
0
Good
6/18/2017 5:50:54 PM
Good Guy wrote:
> On 18/06/2017 16:53, Frank wrote:
>>
>> I keep those needed for sites I might have to log into or supply
>> location information next session if I delete their cookies.  I ditch
>> all others.
>
> I thought the passwords are never stored in cookies!!  I delete all
> cookies regularly (without any problems with my login credentials) .
> SuperCookies are difficult to find because they are all over the place
> but once a month I try to browse some folders to see what is in there
> and delete something that I feel shouldn't be there.  The temp folder in
> AppData/local/ folder is deleted once a week.

Why not just default to blocking and allow only those cookies that you
need?  That is much less bother than having to weed out unwanted ones
all the time.

0
EE
6/18/2017 7:19:10 PM
In article <mailman.469.1497808286.27965.support-
firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, hello.world@example.com says...
> I thought the passwords are never stored in cookies!

Passwords are almost never stored in cookies, but information indicating
that the person has logged on often is, usually in some encrypted value
representing the user-id of the site. For example, when I clear cookies,
most of the web sites where I can have the site remember that I have
logged on will now ask me to log on.

0
Mark12547
6/18/2017 7:39:44 PM
Frank wrote:

> On 6/17/2017 7:19 AM, Sjouke Burry wrote:
>> On 17-6-2017 3:25, KenW wrote:
>>>
>>> I looked in Options for cookies and only found 10.
>>> Only two financial ones.
>>> What cookies should FF keep ?
>>> Why does Ccleaner show 20 +/- ?
>>>

>>> KenW
>>>
>> Because some cookies are sacred (pardon,secret).
>
> I keep those needed for sites I might have to log into or supply
> location information next session if I delete their cookies.  I ditch
> all others.

Cookies come in handy in multi-language countries like Belgium. It avoids me
to make the language choice each and every time I access a lot of Belgian
sites. I guess the same could be true for Switzerland and ?????

Herman Viaene

0
Ikke
6/19/2017 8:23:48 AM
KenW                  <ken@invalid.net> Wrote in message:

> I looked in Options for cookies and only found 10.
> Only two financial ones.
> What cookies should FF keep ?
> Why does Ccleaner show 20 +/- ?

Perhaps CC is incorrectly using theword cookies to include other
 items of local storage rather than reporting the different types
 separately.
--
(Remove any numerics from my email address.)
0
On 6/18/2017 3:39 PM, Mark12547 wrote:
> In article <mailman.469.1497808286.27965.support-
> firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, hello.world@example.com says...
>> I thought the passwords are never stored in cookies!
>>

> Passwords are almost never stored in cookies, but information indicating
> that the person has logged on often is, usually in some encrypted value
> representing the user-id of the site. For example, when I clear cookies,
> most of the web sites where I can have the site remember that I have
> logged on will now ask me to log on.

That's right.  A site like TitanTV will know where I am but will not
know my TV setup unless I keep their cookie.

Also use forget button during long session to clear cookies following me
around with ads for their site on other sites.
0
Frank