Cookie list

In 50.1.0 "show cookies" (in OPTIONS|PRIVACY) does not list them, as was
the case in earlier versions.  How can the full list be displayed?
-1
dev
12/29/2016 3:51:20 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 23478 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

6 Replies
15 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 10

Cookies dialog box had to be expanded.

dev wrote:
> In 50.1.0 "show cookies" (in OPTIONS|PRIVACY) does not list them, as was
> the case in earlier versions.  How can the full list be displayed?

-1
dev
12/29/2016 4:32:12 AM
On Wed, 28 Dec 2016 19:51:20 -0800, dev wrote:

> In 50.1.0 "show cookies" (in OPTIONS|PRIVACY) does not list them, as was
> the case in earlier versions.  How can the full list be displayed?


"Options >> Privacy >> Show Cookies" does list cookies here.  
Firefox 50.1.0 on Windows 10 Pro.

If it works in Firefox's safe mode ("Help >> Restart with Add-ons Disabled"),
then it may be that one of your extensions is interfering.


-- 
Kind regards
Ralph
🦊 

-1
Ralph
12/29/2016 4:42:23 AM
On 12/28/2016 10:51 PM, dev wrote:
> In 50.1.0 "show cookies" (in OPTIONS|PRIVACY) does not list them, as was
> the case in earlier versions.  How can the full list be displayed?
> 

Still shows a list in Firefox 53.0a1 (Nightly). I'll check my Windows 10 
50.1.0 later.

Did you try Firefox in safe mode? REF: <http://mzl.la/1xKrE7R>

-- 
Visit Pittsburgh <http://www.visitpittsburgh.com/>
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/> 2,864,974 
more than the winner
Ubuntu 16.04LTS
-1
WaltS48
12/29/2016 1:16:24 PM
dev <dev@null.invalid> wrote:

> In 50.1.0 "show cookies" (in OPTIONS|PRIVACY) does not list them, as was
> the case in earlier versions.  How can the full list be displayed?

You are saying that Options -> Privacy -> Show Cookies button displays a
popup dialog that is devoid of any cookies?  Then how do you know if you
have any cookies?

Hit the F12 key in Firefox.  That shows the Developer pane.  Click on
the gear icon for Settings.  Select Storage under Default Developer
Tools.  That will add Storage to the toolbar in the Dev pane.  Click on
the Storage toolbar item.  You'll see cookies listed under Cookies.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Storage_Inspector

If you have Firefox configured to keep cookies (I don't so why I won't
see any in the next Firefox session) then maybe you are using something
external to wipe Firefox's cookies.  Maybe you use a cleanup tool (e.g.,
Ccleaner) that deletes cookies.sqlite file under your Firefox profile.
Others have suggest you run Firefox in its safe mode to eliminate
interference by an extension (so you would have to create and save some
cookies and then restart Firefox again in its safe mode to see if the
cookies hung around).
1
VanguardLH
12/29/2016 3:32:05 PM
On 12/29/2016 10:32 AM, VanguardLH wrote:
> dev <dev@null.invalid> wrote:
>
>> In 50.1.0 "show cookies" (in OPTIONS|PRIVACY) does not list them, as was
>> the case in earlier versions.  How can the full list be displayed?
> You are saying that Options -> Privacy -> Show Cookies button displays a
> popup dialog that is devoid of any cookies?  Then how do you know if you
> have any cookies?
>
> Hit the F12 key in Firefox.  That shows the Developer pane.  Click on
> the gear icon for Settings.  Select Storage under Default Developer
> Tools.  That will add Storage to the toolbar in the Dev pane.  Click on
> the Storage toolbar item.  You'll see cookies listed under Cookies.
>
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Storage_Inspector
>
> If you have Firefox configured to keep cookies (I don't so why I won't
> see any in the next Firefox session) then maybe you are using something
> external to wipe Firefox's cookies.  Maybe you use a cleanup tool (e.g.,
> Ccleaner) that deletes cookies.sqlite file under your Firefox profile.
> Others have suggest you run Firefox in its safe mode to eliminate
> interference by an extension (so you would have to create and save some
> cookies and then restart Firefox again in its safe mode to see if the
> cookies hung around).


In dev's followup that somehow was posted in m.s.thunderbird, dev 
mentioned the problem was solved by enlarging the window.

You will have to go to the Google Groups archive to read it.

🙃

-- 
Visit Pittsburgh <http://www.visitpittsburgh.com/>
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/> 2,864,974 more than the winner
Ubuntu 16.04LTS

1
WaltS48
12/29/2016 6:14:03 PM
WaltS48 <thalionusa@REMOVEaim.com> wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote:
>
>> dev <dev@null.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> In 50.1.0 "show cookies" (in OPTIONS|PRIVACY) does not list them, as was
>>> the case in earlier versions.  How can the full list be displayed?
>>
>> You are saying that Options -> Privacy -> Show Cookies button displays a
>> popup dialog that is devoid of any cookies?  Then how do you know if you
>> have any cookies?
>>
>> Hit the F12 key in Firefox.  That shows the Developer pane.  Click on
>> the gear icon for Settings.  Select Storage under Default Developer
>> Tools.  That will add Storage to the toolbar in the Dev pane.  Click on
>> the Storage toolbar item.  You'll see cookies listed under Cookies.
>>
>> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Storage_Inspector
>>
>> If you have Firefox configured to keep cookies (I don't so why I won't
>> see any in the next Firefox session) then maybe you are using something
>> external to wipe Firefox's cookies.  Maybe you use a cleanup tool (e.g.,
>> Ccleaner) that deletes cookies.sqlite file under your Firefox profile.
>> Others have suggest you run Firefox in its safe mode to eliminate
>> interference by an extension (so you would have to create and save some
>> cookies and then restart Firefox again in its safe mode to see if the
>> cookies hung around).
> 
> In dev's followup that somehow was posted in m.s.thunderbird, dev 
> mentioned the problem was solved by enlarging the window.
> 
> You will have to go to the Google Groups archive to read it.

As I recall, when trying to find out how to see the current list of
existing cookies (and besides using the standard Options dialog and
finding how to see them using Dev mode in Firefox), I recall seeing
someone mentioning having to resize that cookies list dialog.  I think
they also mentioned a bugzilla ticket (which was marked as a duplicate
of another and it was the other that got closed as resolved by changing
the window size.

In Firefox 50.1.0 and when I go into Options -> Privacy -> Show Cookies,
that dialog has a list object titled "The following cookies are stored
on your computer" that looks to be space for 6+ lines for entries
showing cookies.  While I can enlarge that window to show more at a
time, I cannot make it smaller beyond some enforced minimal size.  So it
seems that it should show, at least, 6 cookie entries at a time (i.e., a
sliding window letting the user scroll through cookies while seeing
about 6 at a time).
-1
VanguardLH
12/29/2016 10:30:43 PM
Reply: