Cannot print web page as formatted on the screen

The page is on Lexis Nexis, and is part of the Colorado Revised Statutes.

Here's how to get to the page:

	1.  https://leg.colorado.gov/laws
	2.  Click on Colorado Revised Statures.
	3.  Depending on how often you visit the site, you may get 1 or 2
dialogue boxes you need to go past.
	4.  Scroll down a short distance, there's a red bordered search field,
with grey text that says "Enter search terms".
	5.  Enter "24-6-402", no quotation marks.
	6.  Press Return/Enter, or click on the magnifying glass.
	7.  The first entry should start "24-6-402. Meetings - open to public -
definitions ".
	8.  Click on it.

Note how the text is indented as in an outline.  I want to print it this
way, but everything I've tried fails.  Print Edit addon, print to PDF,
just plain Print, copy paste to anywhere, Windows or Mac.

Any ideas?  Hopefully, the solution will work for both Windows and Mac.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6

On 6/10/2018 8:48 AM, Ken Springer wrote:
> The page is on Lexis Nexis, and is part of the Colorado Revised Statutes.
>
> Here's how to get to the page:
>
>      1.  https://leg.colorado.gov/laws
>      2.  Click on Colorado Revised Statures.
>      3.  Depending on how often you visit the site, you may get 1 or 2
> dialogue boxes you need to go past.
>      4.  Scroll down a short distance, there's a red bordered search field,
> with grey text that says "Enter search terms".
>      5.  Enter "24-6-402", no quotation marks.
>      6.  Press Return/Enter, or click on the magnifying glass.
>      7.  The first entry should start "24-6-402. Meetings - open to public
> - definitions ".
>      8.  Click on it.
>
> Note how the text is indented as in an outline.  I want to print it this
> way, but everything I've tried fails.  Print Edit addon, print to PDF, just
> plain Print, copy paste to anywhere, Windows or Mac.
>
> Any ideas?  Hopefully, the solution will work for both Windows and Mac.

I did what you said and when the search results came up I clicked on the
'printer friendly view' then clicked the 'print' button and the results
were as I'd expect. But here is the odd thing: when I tried it the second
time the items about printing were no longer there so I suspect that there
is a cookie being saved or something in cached data that is messing up the
process. Don't really have time to dig around right now but you might go
and clear cookies and cached data for the relevant sites and try again.
0
John
6/10/2018 1:57:54 PM
On 6/10/2018 9:57 AM, John McGaw wrote:
> On 6/10/2018 8:48 AM, Ken Springer wrote:
>> The page is on Lexis Nexis, and is part of the Colorado Revised Statutes.
>>
>> Here's how to get to the page:
>>
>>      1.  https://leg.colorado.gov/laws
>>      2.  Click on Colorado Revised Statures.
>>      3.  Depending on how often you visit the site, you may get 1 or 2
>> dialogue boxes you need to go past.
>>      4.  Scroll down a short distance, there's a red bordered search
>> field, with grey text that says "Enter search terms".
>>      5.  Enter "24-6-402", no quotation marks.
>>      6.  Press Return/Enter, or click on the magnifying glass.
>>      7.  The first entry should start "24-6-402. Meetings - open to
>> public - definitions ".
>>      8.  Click on it.
>>
>> Note how the text is indented as in an outline.  I want to print it this
>> way, but everything I've tried fails.  Print Edit addon, print to PDF,
>> just plain Print, copy paste to anywhere, Windows or Mac.
>>
>> Any ideas?  Hopefully, the solution will work for both Windows and Mac.
>>

> I did what you said and when the search results came up I clicked on the
> 'printer friendly view' then clicked the 'print' button and the results
> were as I'd expect. But here is the odd thing: when I tried it the second
> time the items about printing were no longer there so I suspect that there
> is a cookie being saved or something in cached data that is messing up the
> process. Don't really have time to dig around right now but you might go
> and clear cookies and cached data for the relevant sites and try again.

Correction: I figured out what is going on -- the 'printer friendly view'
is the second unmarked icon appearing under "statues and Legislation(43)".
Try that and see what happens.
0
John
6/10/2018 1:59:51 PM
On 10/06/2018 13:48:06, Ken Springer wrote:
> The page is on Lexis Nexis, and is part of the Colorado Revised Statutes.
>
> Here's how to get to the page:
>
> 	1.  https://leg.colorado.gov/laws
> 	2.  Click on Colorado Revised Statures.
> 	3.  Depending on how often you visit the site, you may get 1 or 2 dialogue
> boxes you need to go past.
> 	4.  Scroll down a short distance, there's a red bordered search field, with
> grey text that says "Enter search terms".
> 	5.  Enter "24-6-402", no quotation marks.
> 	6.  Press Return/Enter, or click on the magnifying glass.
> 	7.  The first entry should start "24-6-402. Meetings - open to public -
> definitions ".
> 	8.  Click on it.
>
> Note how the text is indented as in an outline.  I want to print it this way,
> but everything I've tried fails.  Print Edit addon, print to PDF, just plain
> Print, copy paste to anywhere, Windows or Mac.
>
> Any ideas?  Hopefully, the solution will work for both Windows and Mac.

That was a challenge :-)

I managed to it in the end, win10, SnagIt, Adobe Acrobat X.

Took a scrolling screen grab with SnagIt, cropped everything below the
History paragraph and printed it to Adobe printer, 6 pages (saved as
...pdf)
Took another screen grab of the Notes, cropped again and printed to
Abobe printer, 3 pages (saved as .pdf)
Combined the two saved files in Acrobat to reproduce the web page as
seen.

If you want a copy of the pdf file let me know your email, and if you
need it altering further I can do that.

--
mick
0
On 6/10/18 7:59 AM, John McGaw wrote:
> On 6/10/2018 9:57 AM, John McGaw wrote:
>> On 6/10/2018 8:48 AM, Ken Springer wrote:
>>> The page is on Lexis Nexis, and is part of the Colorado Revised Statutes.
>>>
>>> Here's how to get to the page:
>>>
>>>       1.  https://leg.colorado.gov/laws
>>>       2.  Click on Colorado Revised Statures.
>>>       3.  Depending on how often you visit the site, you may get 1 or 2
>>> dialogue boxes you need to go past.
>>>       4.  Scroll down a short distance, there's a red bordered search
>>> field, with grey text that says "Enter search terms".
>>>       5.  Enter "24-6-402", no quotation marks.
>>>       6.  Press Return/Enter, or click on the magnifying glass.
>>>       7.  The first entry should start "24-6-402. Meetings - open to
>>> public - definitions ".
>>>       8.  Click on it.
>>>
>>> Note how the text is indented as in an outline.  I want to print it this
>>> way, but everything I've tried fails.  Print Edit addon, print to PDF,
>>> just plain Print, copy paste to anywhere, Windows or Mac.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?  Hopefully, the solution will work for both Windows and Mac.
>>>

>> I did what you said and when the search results came up I clicked on the
>> 'printer friendly view' then clicked the 'print' button and the results
>> were as I'd expect. But here is the odd thing: when I tried it the second
>> time the items about printing were no longer there so I suspect that there
>> is a cookie being saved or something in cached data that is messing up the
>> process. Don't really have time to dig around right now but you might go
>> and clear cookies and cached data for the relevant sites and try again.
>
> Correction: I figured out what is going on -- the 'printer friendly view'
> is the second unmarked icon appearing under "statues and Legislation(43)".
> Try that and see what happens.

John, I think you are printing the search page, not the law itself.

Click on the actual first entry, Step 7 above.  The law will be
displayed, I want to print the law.

This is how the text starts...

*******************************
(1)  For the purposes of this section:
(a)
(I)  "Local public body" means any board, committee, commission,
authority, or other advisory, policy-making, rule-making, or formally
constituted body of any political subdivision of the state and any
public or private entity to which a political subdivision, or an
official thereof, has delegated a governmental decision-making function
but does not include persons on the administrative staff of the local
public body.
(II)  Notwithstanding the provisions of subparagraph (I) of this
paragraph (a), in order to assure school board transparency "local
public body" shall include members of a board of education, school
administration personnel, or a combination thereof who are involved in a
meeting with a representative of employees at which a collective
bargaining agreement is discussed.a violation of the open meetings law,
entitling plaintiffs to their costs and attorney fees incurred in
bringing an action to force a public body to comply with the law. Van
Alstyne v. Housing Auth. of City of Pueblo, 985 P.2d 97 (Colo. App. 1999).

**********************************

That's also a sample of how the entire page prints.  And it is a PITA to
figure out the levels, unless you're a lawyer.  <G>

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6
On 6/10/18 8:11 AM, mick wrote:
> On 10/06/2018 13:48:06, Ken Springer wrote:
>> The page is on Lexis Nexis, and is part of the Colorado Revised Statutes.
>>
>> Here's how to get to the page:
>>
>> 	1.  https://leg.colorado.gov/laws
>> 	2.  Click on Colorado Revised Statures.
>> 	3.  Depending on how often you visit the site, you may get 1 or 2 dialogue
>> boxes you need to go past.
>> 	4.  Scroll down a short distance, there's a red bordered search field, with
>> grey text that says "Enter search terms".
>> 	5.  Enter "24-6-402", no quotation marks.
>> 	6.  Press Return/Enter, or click on the magnifying glass.
>> 	7.  The first entry should start "24-6-402. Meetings - open to public -
>> definitions ".
>> 	8.  Click on it.
>>
>> Note how the text is indented as in an outline.  I want to print it this way,
>> but everything I've tried fails.  Print Edit addon, print to PDF, just plain
>> Print, copy paste to anywhere, Windows or Mac.
>>
>> Any ideas?  Hopefully, the solution will work for both Windows and Mac.
>
> That was a challenge :-)

Wouldn't want it to be too easy for ya!    LOL

> I managed to it in the end, win10, SnagIt, Adobe Acrobat X.
>
> Took a scrolling screen grab with SnagIt, cropped everything below the
> History paragraph and printed it to Adobe printer, 6 pages (saved as
> ..pdf)
> Took another screen grab of the Notes, cropped again and printed to
> Abobe printer, 3 pages (saved as .pdf)
> Combined the two saved files in Acrobat to reproduce the web page as
> seen.

I'll try the Free Trial of SnagIt later, see what I can get.

> If you want a copy of the pdf file let me know your email, and if you
> need it altering further I can do that.

Thanks for the offer, Mick, but it's reasonably likely this will not be
the only law I'll want to print.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6
On 6/10/18 6:48 AM, Ken Springer wrote:
> The page is on Lexis Nexis, and is part of the Colorado Revised Statutes.
>
> Here's how to get to the page:
>
> 	1.  https://leg.colorado.gov/laws
> 	2.  Click on Colorado Revised Statures.
> 	3.  Depending on how often you visit the site, you may get 1 or 2
> dialogue boxes you need to go past.
> 	4.  Scroll down a short distance, there's a red bordered search field,
> with grey text that says "Enter search terms".
> 	5.  Enter "24-6-402", no quotation marks.
> 	6.  Press Return/Enter, or click on the magnifying glass.
> 	7.  The first entry should start "24-6-402. Meetings - open to public -
> definitions ".
> 	8.  Click on it.
>
> Note how the text is indented as in an outline.  I want to print it this
> way, but everything I've tried fails.  Print Edit addon, print to PDF,
> just plain Print, copy paste to anywhere, Windows or Mac.
>
> Any ideas?  Hopefully, the solution will work for both Windows and Mac.

Okay...  I'm wondering if there was some type of change at Lexis-Nexis.

On 2/18/18, I printed 32-1-902, and it printed as displayed on the
screen.  Today, it doesn't work.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6
On 10/06/2018 16:08:55, Ken Springer wrote:
> On 6/10/18 8:11 AM, mick wrote:
>> On 10/06/2018 13:48:06, Ken Springer wrote:
>>> The page is on Lexis Nexis, and is part of the Colorado Revised Statutes.
>>>
>>> Here's how to get to the page:
>>>
>>> 	1.  https://leg.colorado.gov/laws
>>> 	2.  Click on Colorado Revised Statures.
>>> 	3.  Depending on how often you visit the site, you may get 1 or 2
>>> dialogue
>>> boxes you need to go past.
>>> 	4.  Scroll down a short distance, there's a red bordered search field,
>>> with
>>> grey text that says "Enter search terms".
>>> 	5.  Enter "24-6-402", no quotation marks.
>>> 	6.  Press Return/Enter, or click on the magnifying glass.
>>> 	7.  The first entry should start "24-6-402. Meetings - open to public -
>>> definitions ".
>>> 	8.  Click on it.
>>>
>>> Note how the text is indented as in an outline.  I want to print it this
>>> way,
>>> but everything I've tried fails.  Print Edit addon, print to PDF, just
>>> plain
>>> Print, copy paste to anywhere, Windows or Mac.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?  Hopefully, the solution will work for both Windows and Mac.
>>
>> That was a challenge :-)
>
> Wouldn't want it to be too easy for ya!    LOL
>
>> I managed to it in the end, win10, SnagIt, Adobe Acrobat X.
>>
>> Took a scrolling screen grab with SnagIt, cropped everything below the
>> History paragraph and printed it to Adobe printer, 6 pages (saved as
>> ..pdf)
>> Took another screen grab of the Notes, cropped again and printed to
>> Abobe printer, 3 pages (saved as .pdf)
>> Combined the two saved files in Acrobat to reproduce the web page as
>> seen.
>
> I'll try the Free Trial of SnagIt later, see what I can get.

I guess any screen capture will do it so long as it can capture
scrolling pages.
Greenshot gets good reviews.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenshot
https://sourceforge.net/projects/greenshot/
If you do try SnagIt and need help just ask.

Had to capture from the Notes down separately cropping inside the light
grey frame otherwise with no cropping when the text was split over the
pages the bottom line of text was split in half and appeared at the top
of the next page.

--
mick
0

On 10/06/2018 13:48, Ken Springer wrote:
> The page is on Lexis Nexis, and is part of the Colorado Revised Statutes.
>
> Here's how to get to the page:
>
>     1.  https://leg.colorado.gov/laws
>     2.  Click on Colorado Revised Statures.
>     3.  Depending on how often you visit the site, you may get 1 or 2
> dialogue boxes you need to go past.
>     4.  Scroll down a short distance, there's a red bordered search
> field, with grey text that says "Enter search terms".
>     5.  Enter "24-6-402", no quotation marks.
>     6.  Press Return/Enter, or click on the magnifying glass.
>     7.  The first entry should start "24-6-402. Meetings - open to
> public - definitions ".
>     8.  Click on it.
>
> Note how the text is indented as in an outline.  I want to print it
> this way, but everything I've tried fails.  Print Edit addon, print to
> PDF, just plain Print, copy paste to anywhere, Windows or Mac.
>
> Any ideas?  Hopefully, the solution will work for both Windows and Mac.

No problems here:

Here are the files in two different formats:

1)
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ug7ZhW555MbE2uuyfGtsklSRK6tVBwcb/view?usp=sharing>

2)
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RJoyB6y_5DL_E9RUsc3gxvNuwh-suJpk/view?usp=sharing>

Good luck.

--------------060804090908010900080703

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:mailman.876.1528634918.2161.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">The page is on Lexis Nexis, and is part of the
      Colorado Revised Statutes.
      Here's how to get to the page:
          1.  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://leg.colorado.gov/laws">https://leg.colorado.gov/laws</a>
          2.  Click on Colorado Revised Statures.
          3.  Depending on how often you visit the site, you may get 1
      or 2 dialogue boxes you need to go past.
          4.  Scroll down a short distance, there's a red bordered
      search field, with grey text that says "Enter search terms".
          5.  Enter "24-6-402", no quotation marks.
          6.  Press Return/Enter, or click on the magnifying glass.
          7.  The first entry should start "24-6-402. Meetings - open to
      public - definitions ".
          8.  Click on it.
      Note how the text is indented as in an outline.  I want to print
      it this way, but everything I've tried fails.  Print Edit addon,
      print to PDF, just plain Print, copy paste to anywhere, Windows or
      Mac.
      Any ideas?  Hopefully, the solution will work for both Windows and
      Mac.
    No problems here:<br>
    Here are the files in two different formats:<br>
    1)
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ug7ZhW555MbE2uuyfGtsklSRK6tVBwcb/view?usp=sharing">&lt;https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ug7ZhW555MbE2uuyfGtsklSRK6tVBwcb/view?usp=sharing&gt;</a><br>
    2)
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RJoyB6y_5DL_E9RUsc3gxvNuwh-suJpk/view?usp=sharing">&lt;https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RJoyB6y_5DL_E9RUsc3gxvNuwh-suJpk/view?usp=sharing&gt;</a><br>
    Good luck.<br>
          yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 600 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows.</div>

--------------060804090908010900080703--
0
UTF
6/10/2018 4:37:01 PM
On 6/10/18 10:37 AM, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
> On 10/06/2018 13:48, Ken Springer wrote:
>> The page is on Lexis Nexis, and is part of the Colorado Revised Statutes.
>>
>> Here's how to get to the page:
>>
>>     1. https://leg.colorado.gov/laws
>>     2.  Click on Colorado Revised Statures.
>>     3.  Depending on how often you visit the site, you may get 1 or 2
>> dialogue boxes you need to go past.
>>     4.  Scroll down a short distance, there's a red bordered search
>> field, with grey text that says "Enter search terms".
>>     5.  Enter "24-6-402", no quotation marks.
>>     6.  Press Return/Enter, or click on the magnifying glass.
>>     7.  The first entry should start "24-6-402. Meetings - open to
>> public - definitions ".
>>     8.  Click on it.
>>
>> Note how the text is indented as in an outline.  I want to print it
>> this way, but everything I've tried fails.  Print Edit addon, print to
>> PDF, just plain Print, copy paste to anywhere, Windows or Mac.
>>
>> Any ideas?  Hopefully, the solution will work for both Windows and Mac.
>>

> No problems here:
>
> Here are the files in two different formats:
>
> 1)
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ug7ZhW555MbE2uuyfGtsklSRK6tVBwcb/view?usp=sharing>
>
> 2)
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RJoyB6y_5DL_E9RUsc3gxvNuwh-suJpk/view?usp=sharing>
>
> Good luck.

Read all my message, then compare your results with what I want.

You're results fail.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6
Ken Springer wrote:
> The page is on Lexis Nexis, and is part of the Colorado Revised Statutes.
>
> Here's how to get to the page:
>
>      1.  https://leg.colorado.gov/laws
>      2.  Click on Colorado Revised Statures.
>      3.  Depending on how often you visit the site, you may get 1 or 2 dialogue boxes you
> need to go past.
>      4.  Scroll down a short distance, there's a red bordered search field, with grey text
> that says "Enter search terms".
>      5.  Enter "24-6-402", no quotation marks.
>      6.  Press Return/Enter, or click on the magnifying glass.
>      7.  The first entry should start "24-6-402. Meetings - open to public - definitions ".
>      8.  Click on it.
>
> Note how the text is indented as in an outline.  I want to print it this way, but
> everything I've tried fails.  Print Edit addon, print to PDF, just plain Print, copy paste
> to anywhere, Windows or Mac.
>
> Any ideas?  Hopefully, the solution will work for both Windows and Mac.

Interesting... that particular entry does not show up for me on any of the 3 pages
using either SeaMonkey or IE11.
Unless I am somehow overlooking it, the first entry for me is:
  "Open Meetings Law - State Public Body - FAQ".

0
Paul
6/10/2018 6:27:14 PM
On 6/10/18 12:27 PM, Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
> Ken Springer wrote:
>> The page is on Lexis Nexis, and is part of the Colorado Revised Statutes.
>>
>> Here's how to get to the page:
>>
>>       1.  https://leg.colorado.gov/laws
>>       2.  Click on Colorado Revised Statures.
>>       3.  Depending on how often you visit the site, you may get 1 or 2 dialogue boxes you
>> need to go past.
>>       4.  Scroll down a short distance, there's a red bordered search field, with grey text
>> that says "Enter search terms".
>>       5.  Enter "24-6-402", no quotation marks.
>>       6.  Press Return/Enter, or click on the magnifying glass.
>>       7.  The first entry should start "24-6-402. Meetings - open to public - definitions ".
>>       8.  Click on it.
>>
>> Note how the text is indented as in an outline.  I want to print it this way, but
>> everything I've tried fails.  Print Edit addon, print to PDF, just plain Print, copy paste
>> to anywhere, Windows or Mac.
>>
>> Any ideas?  Hopefully, the solution will work for both Windows and Mac.
>
> Interesting... that particular entry does not show up for me on any of the 3 pages
> using either SeaMonkey or IE11.
> Unless I am somehow overlooking it, the first entry for me is:
>    "Open Meetings Law - State Public Body - FAQ".

That is interesting.  Must have something to do with search
routines/algorithms.

Search for "24-6-402" on the search results page, I suspect it will come up.

You are getting to a page with a URL that starts
advance.lexis.nexis/container, right?

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6
On 6/10/18 10:12 AM, mick wrote:
> On 10/06/2018 16:08:55, Ken Springer wrote:

>>> That was a challenge :-)
>>
>> Wouldn't want it to be too easy for ya!    LOL
>>
>>> I managed to it in the end, win10, SnagIt, Adobe Acrobat X.
>>>
>>> Took a scrolling screen grab with SnagIt, cropped everything below the
>>> History paragraph and printed it to Adobe printer, 6 pages (saved as
>>> ..pdf)
>>> Took another screen grab of the Notes, cropped again and printed to
>>> Abobe printer, 3 pages (saved as .pdf)
>>> Combined the two saved files in Acrobat to reproduce the web page as
>>> seen.
>>
>> I'll try the Free Trial of SnagIt later, see what I can get.
>
> I guess any screen capture will do it so long as it can capture
> scrolling pages.
> Greenshot gets good reviews.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenshot
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/greenshot/
> If you do try SnagIt and need help just ask.
>
> Had to capture from the Notes down separately cropping inside the light
> grey frame otherwise with no cropping when the text was split over the
> pages the bottom line of text was split in half and appeared at the top
> of the next page.

Yea, splitting of text is always going to be a problem with screenshots.

I'm considering creating a template in my word processor and copy paste
the text into the template.

Format the doc by creating the necessary styles.  Save the doc, then cut
all the text.  Resave the template with the new styles, for the next
time this happens.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6
Ken Springer wrote:
> On 6/10/18 12:27 PM, Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
>> Ken Springer wrote:
>>> The page is on Lexis Nexis, and is part of the Colorado Revised Statutes.
>>>
>>> Here's how to get to the page:
>>>
>>>       1.  https://leg.colorado.gov/laws
>>>       2.  Click on Colorado Revised Statures.
>>>       3.  Depending on how often you visit the site, you may get 1 or 2 dialogue boxes you
>>> need to go past.
>>>       4.  Scroll down a short distance, there's a red bordered search field, with grey
>>> text
>>> that says "Enter search terms".
>>>       5.  Enter "24-6-402", no quotation marks.
>>>       6.  Press Return/Enter, or click on the magnifying glass.
>>>       7.  The first entry should start "24-6-402. Meetings - open to public -
>>> definitions ".
>>>       8.  Click on it.
>>>
>>> Note how the text is indented as in an outline.  I want to print it this way, but
>>> everything I've tried fails.  Print Edit addon, print to PDF, just plain Print, copy paste
>>> to anywhere, Windows or Mac.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?  Hopefully, the solution will work for both Windows and Mac.
>>
>> Interesting... that particular entry does not show up for me on any of the 3 pages
>> using either SeaMonkey or IE11.
>> Unless I am somehow overlooking it, the first entry for me is:
>>    "Open Meetings Law - State Public Body - FAQ".
>
> That is interesting.  Must have something to do with search routines/algorithms.
>
> Search for "24-6-402" on the search results page, I suspect it will come up.
>
> You are getting to a page with a URL that starts advance.lexis.nexis/container, right?

Clicking on https://leg.colorado.gov/laws take me to https://leg.colorado.gov/laws.

Which says:  "NOTICE: Please pardon the dust as LexisNexis transitions the public Colorado
Revised Statutes website from the Lexis.com platform to the Lexis Advance platform. This
transition will provide you with a substantial upgrade to the best technology available
for legal research. While the transition is underway, some functionality on the public
Colorado Revised Statutes website may be temporarily unavailable. However, all
functionality will be restored once the transition is complete."

Entering 24-6-402 in any search box no matter on which page takes me to:
https://leg.colorado.gov/sitewide-search?search_api_views_fulltext=24-6-402
which is circular redundency.

The website may be broken.

0
Paul
6/10/2018 7:27:36 PM
On 6/10/18 1:27 PM, Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
> Ken Springer wrote:

>>> Interesting... that particular entry does not show up for me on any of the 3 pages
>>> using either SeaMonkey or IE11.
>>> Unless I am somehow overlooking it, the first entry for me is:
>>>     "Open Meetings Law - State Public Body - FAQ".
>>
>> That is interesting.  Must have something to do with search routines/algorithms.
>>
>> Search for "24-6-402" on the search results page, I suspect it will come up.
>>
>> You are getting to a page with a URL that starts advance.lexis.nexis/container, right?
>
> Clicking on https://leg.colorado.gov/laws take me to https://leg.colorado.gov/laws.
>
> Which says:  "NOTICE: Please pardon the dust as LexisNexis transitions the public Colorado
> Revised Statutes website from the Lexis.com platform to the Lexis Advance platform. This
> transition will provide you with a substantial upgrade to the best technology available
> for legal research. While the transition is underway, some functionality on the public
> Colorado Revised Statutes website may be temporarily unavailable. However, all
> functionality will be restored once the transition is complete."
>
> Entering 24-6-402 in any search box no matter on which page takes me to:
> https://leg.colorado.gov/sitewide-search?search_api_views_fulltext=24-6-402
> which is circular redundency.
>
> The website may be broken.

OK.  I think the problem is a piss poor web designer/programmer.

After you're on this page, https://leg.colorado.gov/laws, scroll down
the page until you have the following headings showing (assuming you
have enough vertical space on your computer):

	1.  United States Constitution
	2.  Colorado Constitution
	3.  Colorado Revised Statutes
	4.  Session Laws
	5.  Uniform State Laws
	6.  Executive Agency Rules & Regulations

By looking at the page, you cannot tell it visually, but each one of
those headings is a link.

Click on Colorado Revised Statutes, and you'll be ready for step 3 above.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6
On 10/06/2018 20:04:49, Ken Springer wrote:
> On 6/10/18 10:12 AM, mick wrote:

>>> Wouldn't want it to be too easy for ya!    LOL

>>> I'll try the Free Trial of SnagIt later, see what I can get.
>>
>> I guess any screen capture will do it so long as it can capture
>> scrolling pages.
>> Greenshot gets good reviews.
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenshot
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/greenshot/
>> If you do try SnagIt and need help just ask.
>>
>> Had to capture from the Notes down separately cropping inside the light
>> grey frame otherwise with no cropping when the text was split over the
>> pages the bottom line of text was split in half and appeared at the top
>> of the next page.
>
> Yea, splitting of text is always going to be a problem with screenshots.
>
> I'm considering creating a template in my word processor and copy paste the
> text into the template.
>
> Format the doc by creating the necessary styles.  Save the doc, then cut all
> the text.  Resave the template with the new styles, for the next time this
> happens.

There was no splitting of text in the final .pdf and the formatting of
the main citation was how you saw it on the web page.  Acrobat seemed
to sort the splitting of individual lines of text properly when I did
it in two separate files as opposed to only the full file at the first
attempt.

--
mick
0
Ken Springer wrote:
> On 6/10/18 1:27 PM, Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
>> Ken Springer wrote:

>>> That is interesting.  Must have something to do with search routines/algorithms.
>>>
>>> Search for "24-6-402" on the search results page, I suspect it will come up.
>>>
>>> You are getting to a page with a URL that starts advance.lexis.nexis/container, right?
>>
>> Clicking on https://leg.colorado.gov/laws take me to https://leg.colorado.gov/laws.
>>
>> Which says:  "NOTICE: Please pardon the dust as LexisNexis transitions the public Colorado
>> Revised Statutes website from the Lexis.com platform to the Lexis Advance platform. This
>> transition will provide you with a substantial upgrade to the best technology available
>> for legal research. While the transition is underway, some functionality on the public
>> Colorado Revised Statutes website may be temporarily unavailable. However, all
>> functionality will be restored once the transition is complete."
>>
>> Entering 24-6-402 in any search box no matter on which page takes me to:
>> https://leg.colorado.gov/sitewide-search?search_api_views_fulltext=24-6-402
>> which is circular redundency.
>>
>> The website may be broken.
>
> OK.  I think the problem is a piss poor web designer/programmer.
>
> After you're on this page, https://leg.colorado.gov/laws, scroll down the page until you
> have the following headings showing (assuming you have enough vertical space on your
> computer):
>
>      1.  United States Constitution
>      2.  Colorado Constitution
>      3.  Colorado Revised Statutes
>      4.  Session Laws
>      5.  Uniform State Laws
>      6.  Executive Agency Rules & Regulations
>
> By looking at the page, you cannot tell it visually, but each one of those headings is a
> link.
>
> Click on Colorado Revised Statutes, and you'll be ready for step 3 above.

That got me to the correct page.  Nice bit of sleuthing.
It does not print indented no matter which browser, print setup,
or print to I use.
IMO, the source code is unnecessarily complicated.

0
Paul

What file format does SnagIt save in?

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6
On 6/10/18 4:19 PM, Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
> Ken Springer wrote:

>>> Clicking on https://leg.colorado.gov/laws take me to https://leg.colorado.gov/laws.
>>>
>>> Which says:  "NOTICE: Please pardon the dust as LexisNexis transitions the public Colorado
>>> Revised Statutes website from the Lexis.com platform to the Lexis Advance platform. This
>>> transition will provide you with a substantial upgrade to the best technology available
>>> for legal research. While the transition is underway, some functionality on the public
>>> Colorado Revised Statutes website may be temporarily unavailable. However, all
>>> functionality will be restored once the transition is complete."
>>>
>>> Entering 24-6-402 in any search box no matter on which page takes me to:
>>> https://leg.colorado.gov/sitewide-search?search_api_views_fulltext=24-6-402
>>> which is circular redundency.
>>>
>>> The website may be broken.
>>
>> OK.  I think the problem is a piss poor web designer/programmer.
>>
>> After you're on this page, https://leg.colorado.gov/laws, scroll down the page until you
>> have the following headings showing (assuming you have enough vertical space on your
>> computer):
>>
>>       1.  United States Constitution
>>       2.  Colorado Constitution
>>       3.  Colorado Revised Statutes
>>       4.  Session Laws
>>       5.  Uniform State Laws
>>       6.  Executive Agency Rules & Regulations
>>
>> By looking at the page, you cannot tell it visually, but each one of those headings is a
>> link.
>>
>> Click on Colorado Revised Statutes, and you'll be ready for step 3 above.
>
> That got me to the correct page.  Nice bit of sleuthing.

Thanks.

> It does not print indented no matter which browser, print setup,
> or print to I use.

That's my experience.

> IMO, the source code is unnecessarily complicated.

I wish I had access to a printed set of law books, to see how the
formatting should look.

When I try Mick's suggestion of SnagIt or similar, I've got a wild, out
of the box idea to try.  I'd rather not have to take the extra step of
making two captures.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6
On 11/06/2018 00:19:33, Ken Springer wrote:
> On 6/10/18 3:32 PM, mick wrote:

>>> Yea, splitting of text is always going to be a problem with screenshots.
>>>
>>> I'm considering creating a template in my word processor and copy paste
>>> the
>>> text into the template.
>>>
>>> Format the doc by creating the necessary styles.  Save the doc, then cut
>>> all
>>> the text.  Resave the template with the new styles, for the next time this
>>> happens.
>>
>> There was no splitting of text in the final .pdf and the formatting of
>> the main citation was how you saw it on the web page.  Acrobat seemed
>> to sort the splitting of individual lines of text properly when I did
>> it in two separate files as opposed to only the full file at the first
>> attempt.
>
> What file format does SnagIt save in?

SnagIt version 13.
Save as, bmp, cur, gif, ico, jpg, mht, pdf, png, snag, tif, bmp, emf,
eps, psd, ras, tga, wfx, wmf, wpg

When I did the web page earlier, I did not save it in SnagIt, I just
sent it straight to the printer from the SnagIt print menu where I have
the option of Adobe PDF as the output instead of my normal inkjet
printer. Doing it that way I then have options of saving page layout
(positioning), margins, orientation, quality and so on before the file
is saved.

--
mick
0
On 6/10/18 6:41 PM, mick wrote:
> On 11/06/2018 00:19:33, Ken Springer wrote:

>>> There was no splitting of text in the final .pdf and the formatting of
>>> the main citation was how you saw it on the web page.  Acrobat seemed
>>> to sort the splitting of individual lines of text properly when I did
>>> it in two separate files as opposed to only the full file at the first
>>> attempt.
>>
>> What file format does SnagIt save in?
>
> SnagIt version 13.
> Save as, bmp, cur, gif, ico, jpg, mht, pdf, png, snag, tif, bmp, emf,
> eps, psd, ras, tga, wfx, wmf, wpg
>
> When I did the web page earlier, I did not save it in SnagIt, I just
> sent it straight to the printer from the SnagIt print menu where I have
> the option of Adobe PDF as the output instead of my normal inkjet
> printer. Doing it that way I then have options of saving page layout
> (positioning), margins, orientation, quality and so on before the file
> is saved.

When I saw PDF, it dovetails perfectly with the idea I vaguely mentioned
earlier.  To use Print Edit to remove the excess junk from the page,
then do SnagIt.  But, at the moment, I don't remember if Print Edit
keeps or removes the indents.

I'll find out.  :-)

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6
Ken Springer wrote:
> On 6/10/18 4:19 PM, Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
>> Ken Springer wrote:

>>> OK.  I think the problem is a piss poor web designer/programmer.
>>>
>>> After you're on this page, https://leg.colorado.gov/laws, scroll down the page until you
>>> have the following headings showing (assuming you have enough vertical space on your
>>> computer):
>>>
>>>       1.  United States Constitution
>>>       2.  Colorado Constitution
>>>       3.  Colorado Revised Statutes
>>>       4.  Session Laws
>>>       5.  Uniform State Laws
>>>       6.  Executive Agency Rules & Regulations
>>>
>>> By looking at the page, you cannot tell it visually, but each one of those headings is a
>>> link.
>>>
>>> Click on Colorado Revised Statutes, and you'll be ready for step 3 above.
>>
>> That got me to the correct page.  Nice bit of sleuthing.
>
> Thanks.
>
>> It does not print indented no matter which browser, print setup,
>> or print to I use.
>
> That's my experience.
>
>> IMO, the source code is unnecessarily complicated.
>
> I wish I had access to a printed set of law books, to see how the formatting should look.
>
> When I try Mick's suggestion of SnagIt or similar, I've got a wild, out of the box idea to
> try.  I'd rather not have to take the extra step of making two captures.

I have most of the USA Fed and state, and Canada Fed and province petroleum code.
It looks like everyone does it different.  Some indent every sub paragraph
and some don't.  Many indent only one time.

http://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tloc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=30&pt=1&ch=334&rl=4

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2014-title40-vol27/pdf/CFR-2014-title40-vol27-part280.pdf

Note that if you copy and paste the text the formatting is lost, however print
to PDF retains the formatting.

0
Paul
6/11/2018 2:55:06 AM
On 11/06/2018 02:40:57, Ken Springer wrote:
> On 6/10/18 6:41 PM, mick wrote:

>>> What file format does SnagIt save in?
>>
>> SnagIt version 13.
>> Save as, bmp, cur, gif, ico, jpg, mht, pdf, png, snag, tif, bmp, emf,
>> eps, psd, ras, tga, wfx, wmf, wpg
>>
>> When I did the web page earlier, I did not save it in SnagIt, I just
>> sent it straight to the printer from the SnagIt print menu where I have
>> the option of Adobe PDF as the output instead of my normal inkjet
>> printer. Doing it that way I then have options of saving page layout
>> (positioning), margins, orientation, quality and so on before the file
>> is saved.
>
> When I saw PDF, it dovetails perfectly with the idea I vaguely mentioned
> earlier.  To use Print Edit to remove the excess junk from the page, then do
> SnagIt.  But, at the moment, I don't remember if Print Edit keeps or removes
> the indents.
>
> I'll find out.  :-)

Having thought about it a bit more, I was just lucky when I used
SnagIt.

The screen capture is just an image so when it is split over many pages
the likelihood of splitting in the wrong places is quite high.  So
after cropping, setting the page size, positioning the capture central
and choosing the page margins I was just lucky in that the splits
occurred between the lines of text first time.

 I think I'd better go and buy a lottery ticket. :-)

--
mick
0
On 6/11/18 3:37 AM, mick wrote:
> On 11/06/2018 02:40:57, Ken Springer wrote:

>>> SnagIt version 13.
>>> Save as, bmp, cur, gif, ico, jpg, mht, pdf, png, snag, tif, bmp, emf,
>>> eps, psd, ras, tga, wfx, wmf, wpg
>>>
>>> When I did the web page earlier, I did not save it in SnagIt, I just
>>> sent it straight to the printer from the SnagIt print menu where I have
>>> the option of Adobe PDF as the output instead of my normal inkjet
>>> printer. Doing it that way I then have options of saving page layout
>>> (positioning), margins, orientation, quality and so on before the file
>>> is saved.
>>
>> When I saw PDF, it dovetails perfectly with the idea I vaguely mentioned
>> earlier.  To use Print Edit to remove the excess junk from the page, then do
>> SnagIt.  But, at the moment, I don't remember if Print Edit keeps or removes
>> the indents.
>>
>> I'll find out.  :-)
>
> Having thought about it a bit more, I was just lucky when I used
> SnagIt.
>
> The screen capture is just an image so when it is split over many pages
> the likelihood of splitting in the wrong places is quite high.  So
> after cropping, setting the page size, positioning the capture central
> and choosing the page margins I was just lucky in that the splits
> occurred between the lines of text first time.

That was my first thought, you were just plain lucky!  LOL  However...

If you took the resulting image, and ran it through OCR, I think it
should retain the formatting.  It's been years since I've experimented
with OCR, so it may not actually work.

>   I think I'd better go and buy a lottery ticket. :-)

Buy one for me, too!  LOL

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6
On 6/10/18 8:55 PM, Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
> Ken Springer wrote:

>>> That got me to the correct page.  Nice bit of sleuthing.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>>> It does not print indented no matter which browser, print setup,
>>> or print to I use.
>>
>> That's my experience.
>>
>>> IMO, the source code is unnecessarily complicated.
>>
>> I wish I had access to a printed set of law books, to see how the formatting should look.
>>
>> When I try Mick's suggestion of SnagIt or similar, I've got a wild, out of the box idea to
>> try.  I'd rather not have to take the extra step of making two captures.
>
> I have most of the USA Fed and state, and Canada Fed and province petroleum code.
> It looks like everyone does it different.  Some indent every sub paragraph
> and some don't.  Many indent only one time.
>
> http://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tloc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=30&pt=1&ch=334&rl=4
>
> https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2014-title40-vol27/pdf/CFR-2014-title40-vol27-part280.pdf
>
> Note that if you copy and paste the text the formatting is lost, however print
> to PDF retains the formatting.

So you would think.  I've tried every way I have of printing a PDF, and
line indentation is lost every single time.  :-(

If you try it, and it works, tell me how you did it.  :-)

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6
Ken Springer wrote:
> On 6/10/18 8:55 PM, Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
>> Ken Springer wrote:
>>> On 6/10/18 4:19 PM, Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
(snip)

>> I have most of the USA Fed and state, and Canada Fed and province petroleum code.
>> It looks like everyone does it different.  Some indent every sub paragraph
>> and some don't.  Many indent only one time.
>>
>> http://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tloc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=30&pt=1&ch=334&rl=4
>>

>> https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2014-title40-vol27/pdf/CFR-2014-title40-vol27-part280.pdf
>>
>> Note that if you copy and paste the text the formatting is lost, however print
>> to PDF retains the formatting.
>
> So you would think.  I've tried every way I have of printing a PDF, and line indentation
> is lost every single time.  :-(
>
> If you try it, and it works, tell me how you did it.  :-)

Indent print works with the two urls listed above but does not work with the CO page.
What ever code CO uses is not copyable or not recognized by the print interpreter.

0
Paul
6/11/2018 3:24:50 PM
On 6/11/18 3:37 AM, mick wrote:
> On 11/06/2018 02:40:57, Ken Springer wrote:

>>> SnagIt version 13.
>>> Save as, bmp, cur, gif, ico, jpg, mht, pdf, png, snag, tif, bmp, emf,
>>> eps, psd, ras, tga, wfx, wmf, wpg
>>>
>>> When I did the web page earlier, I did not save it in SnagIt, I just
>>> sent it straight to the printer from the SnagIt print menu where I have
>>> the option of Adobe PDF as the output instead of my normal inkjet
>>> printer. Doing it that way I then have options of saving page layout
>>> (positioning), margins, orientation, quality and so on before the file
>>> is saved.
>>
>> When I saw PDF, it dovetails perfectly with the idea I vaguely mentioned
>> earlier.  To use Print Edit to remove the excess junk from the page, then do
>> SnagIt.  But, at the moment, I don't remember if Print Edit keeps or removes
>> the indents.
>>
>> I'll find out.  :-)
>
> Having thought about it a bit more, I was just lucky when I used
> SnagIt.
>
> The screen capture is just an image so when it is split over many pages
> the likelihood of splitting in the wrong places is quite high.  So
> after cropping, setting the page size, positioning the capture central
> and choosing the page margins I was just lucky in that the splits
> occurred between the lines of text first time.
>
>   I think I'd better go and buy a lottery ticket. :-)

SnagIt's pretty cool!  Used the trial version.

I didn't go straight to the printer from SnagIt, as I needed it as a
file on my hard drive, also.  So I saved it as a PDF from SnagIt.  But,
the text was so small, you needed a microscope to read it.

After lots of experimenting, I found out if I selected the Printer
Friendly view, and zoomed to 300%, I got a nice readable PDF from
SnagIt. And only every other page would split a row of text.

A later project will be to take the PDF file, and run it through an OCR
program I have.  That would be ideal, as I would like to have the law in
a text form.

If I can find the time, I'll check out the other programs before making
a decision on buying SnagIt.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6
On 16/06/2018 03:12:51, Ken Springer wrote:
> On 6/11/18 3:37 AM, mick wrote:

>>> When I saw PDF, it dovetails perfectly with the idea I vaguely mentioned
>>> earlier.  To use Print Edit to remove the excess junk from the page, then
>>> do
>>> SnagIt.  But, at the moment, I don't remember if Print Edit keeps or
>>> removes
>>> the indents.
>>>
>>> I'll find out.  :-)
>>
>> Having thought about it a bit more, I was just lucky when I used
>> SnagIt.
>>
>> The screen capture is just an image so when it is split over many pages
>> the likelihood of splitting in the wrong places is quite high.  So
>> after cropping, setting the page size, positioning the capture central
>> and choosing the page margins I was just lucky in that the splits
>> occurred between the lines of text first time.
>>
>>   I think I'd better go and buy a lottery ticket. :-)
>
> SnagIt's pretty cool!  Used the trial version.
>
> I didn't go straight to the printer from SnagIt, as I needed it as a file on
> my hard drive, also.  So I saved it as a PDF from SnagIt.  But, the text was
> so small, you needed a microscope to read it.
>
> After lots of experimenting, I found out if I selected the Printer Friendly
> view, and zoomed to 300%, I got a nice readable PDF from SnagIt. And only
> every other page would split a row of text.

I just view it at Actual Size in the editor and Save As to pdf.
Viewing in Acrobat at 100% is the correct size and readable.

> A later project will be to take the PDF file, and run it through an OCR
> program I have.  That would be ideal, as I would like to have the law in a
> text form.
>
> If I can find the time, I'll check out the other programs before making a
> decision on buying SnagIt.

In the SnagIt editor.
I use the frame handles to reduce (cut off) the unwanted top, bottom
and both sides of the screen grab.
Save As .pdf.
When viewed as a pdf there are line breaks.
What I then did is use the handles again in the editor and pulled the
bottom handle up to just above section 3 (the first line break)[pull
the handle up into the menu area so it scrolls the screen]
Save again as a different named pdf.
Click undo in the editor menu and the whole screen grab will be visible
again.
Drag the top handle down to just above section 3 and save the file
again to a different pdf.
View that pdf and see where the next line break occurs. [I was lucky,
there were no more line breaks in the second file]
If you do get line breaks in the second file then split the original
screen grab again and repeat.
I am saving and viewing in portrait mode, paper size A4.

--
mick
0

So, you end up with multiple PDF files?

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6
On 16/06/2018 14:09:10, Ken Springer wrote:
> On 6/16/18 6:54 AM, mick wrote:

>>> SnagIt's pretty cool!  Used the trial version.
>>>
>>> I didn't go straight to the printer from SnagIt, as I needed it as a file
>>> on
>>> my hard drive, also.  So I saved it as a PDF from SnagIt.  But, the text
>>> was
>>> so small, you needed a microscope to read it.
>>>
>>> After lots of experimenting, I found out if I selected the Printer
>>> Friendly
>>> view, and zoomed to 300%, I got a nice readable PDF from SnagIt. And only
>>> every other page would split a row of text.
>>
>> I just view it at Actual Size in the editor and Save As to pdf.
>> Viewing in Acrobat at 100% is the correct size and readable.
>>
>>> A later project will be to take the PDF file, and run it through an OCR
>>> program I have.  That would be ideal, as I would like to have the law in a
>>> text form.
>>>
>>> If I can find the time, I'll check out the other programs before making a
>>> decision on buying SnagIt.
>>
>> In the SnagIt editor.
>> I use the frame handles to reduce (cut off) the unwanted top, bottom
>> and both sides of the screen grab.
>> Save As .pdf.
>> When viewed as a pdf there are line breaks.
>> What I then did is use the handles again in the editor and pulled the
>> bottom handle up to just above section 3 (the first line break)[pull
>> the handle up into the menu area so it scrolls the screen]
>> Save again as a different named pdf.
>> Click undo in the editor menu and the whole screen grab will be visible
>> again.
>> Drag the top handle down to just above section 3 and save the file
>> again to a different pdf.
>> View that pdf and see where the next line break occurs. [I was lucky,
>> there were no more line breaks in the second file]
>> If you do get line breaks in the second file then split the original
>> screen grab again and repeat.
>> I am saving and viewing in portrait mode, paper size A4.
>
> So, you end up with multiple PDF files?

In my case at the SnagIt Save As stage, two files.
Acrobat can then combine those into one single file, other free pdf
software can also combine many files into one pdf.

The most files I ever remember combining into one were 17 pdf's and 11
jpg images to produce a booklet.

--
mick
0
On 11/06/2018 13:09:33, Ken Springer wrote:
> On 6/10/18 8:55 PM, Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
>> Ken Springer wrote:

>>> Thanks.

>>> That's my experience.

>>> I wish I had access to a printed set of law books, to see how the
>>> formatting should look.
>>>
>>> When I try Mick's suggestion of SnagIt or similar, I've got a wild, out of
>>> the box idea to
>>> try.  I'd rather not have to take the extra step of making two captures.
>>
>> I have most of the USA Fed and state, and Canada Fed and province petroleum
>> code.
>> It looks like everyone does it different.  Some indent every sub paragraph
>> and some don't.  Many indent only one time.
>>
>> http://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tloc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=30&pt=1&ch=334&rl=4
>>
>> https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2014-title40-vol27/pdf/CFR-2014-title40-vol27-part280.pdf
>>
>> Note that if you copy and paste the text the formatting is lost, however
>> print
>> to PDF retains the formatting.
>
> So you would think.  I've tried every way I have of printing a PDF, and line
> indentation is lost every single time.  :-(
>
> If you try it, and it works, tell me how you did it.  :-)

Ken,
Perhaps a bit late by now, but I if you have not sorted it yet, there
is another way.
Open the web page in Firefox, right click and Save Page As, it will be
Colorado Legal Resources   Statutes Document Page.html
Open Microsoft Word, open the saved file, you will get a message about
missing Content\Bundles\Styles, click ok.
The document is now in Word without any indents but at least it is
editable.
HTH

--
mick