can't start Firefox without a warning from Malwarebytes #2

Every time I start Firefox I get a warning from Malware Bytes that it
has blocked 66.235.126.55, it is only on one machine.  My home page
for Firefox is My Way and I have used it for years.  Can someone help
me get rid of this problem?

0
Sylvia
9/18/2010 9:58:50 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24319 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

On 18/09/2010 23:58, Sylvia wrote:
> Every time I start Firefox I get a warning from Malware Bytes that it
> has blocked 66.235.126.55, it is only on one machine.  My home page
> for Firefox is My Way and I have used it for years.  Can someone help
> me get rid of this problem?

I have been running both (Malwarebytes, FF) and do not have this problem.
I think you would do better asking your question in MBAM forums
http://forums.malwarebytes.org/

(I doubt it is a FF problem)
0
kes
9/20/2010 7:44:21 AM
Sylvia wrote:

> Every time I start Firefox I get a warning from Malware Bytes that it
> has blocked 66.235.126.55, it is only on one machine.  My home page
> for Firefox is My Way and I have used it for years.  Can someone help
> me get rid of this problem?

The IP address 66.235.126.55 is registered to ask.com, so I would opine
that "My Way" is owned and operated by that search engine company. You
probably are using MalwareBytes's "block or warn on suspicious IP
addresses." You can turn that off by right-clicking on the tray icon.
(or so I've been told; I don't use Windows.)

Change your start (home) page to:  about:blank
and watch the 'warning' go away.

--
   -bts
Beauregard
<a.nony.m...@example.invalid> wrote:
> Sylvia wrote:
> > Every time I start Firefox I get a warning from Malware Bytes that it
> > has blocked 66.235.126.55, it is only on one machine. =A0My home page
> > for Firefox is My Way and I have used it for years. =A0Can someone help
I did post on their forum and ended up uninstalling ask.com toolbar
which I didn't like anyhow and I also changed my home page to Yahoo,
problem is gone, the only one with the problem was the only one with
ask.com installed.

> > me get rid of this problem?
>
> The IP address 66.235.126.55 is registered to ask.com, so I would opine
> that "My Way" is owned and operated by that search engine company. You
> probably are using MalwareBytes's "block or warn on suspicious IP
> addresses." You can turn that off by right-clicking on the tray icon.
> (or so I've been told; I don't use Windows.)
>
> Change your start (home) page to: =A0about:blank
> and watch the 'warning' go away.
>
> --
> =A0 =A0-bts
> =A0 =A0-Four wheels carry the body; two wheels move the soul

0
Sylvia

can't start Firefox without a warning from Malwarebytes
Every time I start Firefox I get a warning from Malware Bytes that it has blocked 66.235.126.55, it is only on one machine. My home page for Firefox is My Way and I have used it for years. Can someone help me get rid of this problem? Have you read http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=21076 ? Sylvia has written on 9/18/2010 5:17 PM: > Every time I start Firefox I get a warning from Malware Bytes that it > has blocked 66.235.126.55, it is only on one machine. My home page > for Firefox is My Way and I have used it for years. Can someone help > me g...

can't get any support and can't open firefox
Name: Jacquelyn Flora Email: jacquelynfloraatmacdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: can't get any support and can't open firefox Comments: I am so completely frustrated since I have been trying to resolve this issue for weeks. I cannot open firefox at all ever since I upgraded (big mistake) to 3.0.5 and then 3.0.6. Your support site isn't worth anything because it doesn't answer any of the questions. I am so frustrated that I am ready to give up. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like...

Firefox 3 beta 5 can't download what Firefox 2 can.
Name: Aldo Latino Email: aldolatatgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 beta 5 can't download what Firefox 2 can. Comments: As in summary, on this page [1] if I use FF 2 I can download everything just fine. On the contrary, in the same page with Firefox 3 beta 5 I can't. Other people have this error. Any idea? P.S. This site uses WordPress 2.5 and the plugin WP-DownloadManager [2]. [1] http://www.aldolat.it/downloads/ [2] http://lesterchan.net/portfolio/programming.php Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; it; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008...

Firefox 2.0.0.14 After security update Firefox report on every site it can't connect but IE7 can
Name: Ruud Email: ruuddotreinoldatbtinternetdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.14 After security update Firefox report on every site it can't connect but IE7 can Comments: I installed the by Frefox 2.0.0.14 suggested security update. Since the restart it does not allow me to go to any webpage. No proxy settings, plain network connection. Can connect to intrnal and external sources throug Explorer and IE7. Started firefox in safe mode, but the same problem is there, so it does not seem to be related to any plugins The message Firefox displays is: ...

Why can't FireFox cache just save image data directly without encoding it so it can't be viewed directly?
For secure web pages, not a problem can understand why it does that. But, when it comes to pages that are not securely encrypted, why does FireFox have to encode the cache files in a format Windows doesn't understand? Retrieving graphical objects from a cache would be a lot easier if I could just browse them visually. Regarding graphics on a page, if FireFox gets an updated version of an image file, does it automatically discard the old image file, or does it hold onto it? Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde On 13.12.2009 05:35, Geoffrey Hyde wrote: --- Original Me...

Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled #2
Name: Barb Email: emailgrataoldotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled Comments: Hi, I have Mozilla Firefox. (I can't remember what version). When I go to sign in to Ebay, I get a message that says Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled. How can I correct this problem so I can again sign into my Ebay account and sell on Ebay? I am not a super-technical person, but if someone coul...

Firefox doesn't open; can't get support in Explorer
Name: ken reid Email: kreidatfdainfodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox doesn't open; can't get support in Explorer Comments: Hi I have been using Thunderbird and Firefox for at least seven years. I do not like Outlook or Internet Explorer. However, I had to sync my PDA phone today with Outlook and now I can't open Firefox at all. I get an error that says: <window ID="main window" V I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program three times, but it wont open. Thunderbird is fine and the box for Outlook and Internet explorer bei...

can't launch firefox, no matter restarting computer or reinstalling firefox. #2
he *, i have develop a firefox extension , i am using liveconnect let javascript communicate with java, it's my java code : public class javaCode{ private int i; public javaCode() { this.i = 0; } public void testCount() { while (true) { String msg = "Call Java Method Count :" + this.i; } } } my javascript : function test() { var m...

can't access history with Firefox 2 after running Firefox 3.0b4
Name: monty Email: montyatroscomdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: can't access history with Firefox 2 after running Firefox 3.0b4 Comments: I installed and ran Firefox 3.0b4. Subsequently running Firefox 2 I discovered an empty history list. From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

firefox 3.5.2 can't start in windowsXP sp3
Name: np tai Email: tai_cadicoatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 3.5.2 can't start in windowsXP sp3 Comments: after update firefox 3.5.2 I can't run it in windowsXP sp3. firefox 3.5.1 is ok Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090616 Firefox/3.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. On Aug 4, 11:54=A0pm, np tai <hendrix...

Can't install Firefox 2 #2
Name: Peg McAulay Byrd Email: pmbstudioatattdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Can't install Firefox 2 Comments: Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/312.8.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/312.6 ...

Can't start Firefox anymore; "support" site no help
Name: Email: jamesdotzdotgillilandatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Can't start Firefox anymore; "support" site no help Comments: Hi, I'm sorry, but I need help with Firefox. Yesterday, it started not loading when I tried to open it. All it would do would show the Mozilla Crash Report. The support site only sent me in circles, and the forum user who possibly had the same problem I have didn't seem to get an answer either. I have no idea why Firefox is continually crashing. Please let me know what you can do. The Builder ID is 200908240854...

I can't start Firefox 2.0.0.11 on Japanese Windows Me.
Name: SATOSHI WATANABE Email: nabe1002003atyahoodotcodotjp Product: Firefox Summary: I can't start Firefox 2.0.0.11 on Japanese Windows Me. Comments: I have upgraded my Firefox from 2.0.0.4 to 2.0.0.11. I can't start Firefox 2.0.0.11. My computer runs Windows Me Japanese. A message box that says " An error is occurred on KERNEL32.DLL by Firefox." was displayed. Where can I find how to resolve? Please help me. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; Win 9x 4.90; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ...

Firefox 3.5.2 doesn't support my Norton toolbar and I want to roll back to an earlier version of Firefox
Name: Gloria Schaab Email: glschaabatymaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.2 doesn't support my Norton toolbar and I want to roll back to an earlier version of Firefox Comments: Firefox 3.5.2 doesn't support my Norton toolbar and I want to roll back to an earlier version of Firefox. Is that possible? If so, how? If I can't find a way to make the two compatible, I don't want to use Firefox. Please assist. Gloria Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.o...

Web resources about - can't start Firefox without a warning from Malwarebytes #2 - mozilla.support.firefox

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download
Malwarebytes products have a proven record of protecting computers by completely removing all forms of malware, including viruses, Trojans, spyware, ...

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1.75.0.1300 / April 9, 2013 ; 9 months ago ( 2013-04-09 ) Made by Malwarebytes Corporation, it was first released in January 2008. It is available ...

Malwarebytes questions poor showing in anti-malware protection-evaluation lab testing
... Labs (DTL), which tests anti-malware products for effectiveness in protection, for the first time included the free version of the Malwarebytes ...

MalwareBytes blocks some torrent sites, citing malware and fraud concerns
It's no secret that torrent sites can be sketchy, but now MalwareBytes is trying to do something about it by adding several sites to its block ...

Malwarebytes questions poor showing in anti-malware protection-evaluation lab testing
... Labs (DTL), which tests anti-malware products for effectiveness in protection, for the first time included the free version of the Malwarebytes ...

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0: new look, new engine
Malwarebytes has announced the release of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 , its flagship security tool. A new heuristics engine detects malware ...

ExploitShield becomes Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit
The software security publisher Malwarebytes has acquired ZeroVulnerabilityLabs, the creator of the zero-day-threat protection app ExploitShield, ...

Malwarebytes offers pirates amnesty, free license keys for premium MBAM product
The free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is tagged as the “world’s most popular anti-malware;” some users opt to install the trial premium ...

Review: Malwarebytes 2.0 Finds What Others Don't
... For service providers handling the dreaded "my computer is slow" complaint, the standard suite of anti-virus tools might not be enough. Malwarebytes ...

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Premium Gives PCs Advanced Protection
Anti-Malware Premium works alongside traditional antivirus programs to provide additional protection for PCs.