Can't set Java Applet tag support for Firefox

There have always been some sites that I could not see correctly in
FireFox since I installed it this summer. Things like not being able
to see the maps in MapQuest. The Java console under toos menu in
Firefox showed lots of errors from sites such as sears and even
Moailla. I followed the discussion in the thread "Java applet wont
run, OK in IE & Netscape" and found that the <applet> tag support box
in the Java Console availabel through XPs control panel was not
checked for the Mozilla/Netscape choice.

I tried checking it and got the message :
Warning Browser- Unable to Change Browser Settings

Please check that Mozila or Netscape is properly installed and/or that
you have sufficient permissions th change system settings.

I run in a single user envirnment using XP home so I have
administrater privilages.

 I uninstalled FireFox and the Java Environment. I installed new
versions from java.com. No change. I uninstalled Java and upgraded to
Firefox 2. Same problem. Uninstalled/reinstalled after rebooting at
each step. Same problem. After additional uninstalls/reinstalls I
found the checkbox appears in the Java Console even before I install
FireFox. I think maybe something has to be deleted between
uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox. The uninstall/reinstall leaves
all of the bookmarks, history, passwords and so forth so the uninstall
is not total. Any suggestions about what to do?

Rich
0
noaddress
12/7/2006 2:09:06 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 23810 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

Tbird Leader noaddress@noisp.com radioed the tower , On 12/6/2006 9:09
PM: \n
> There have always been some sites that I could not see correctly in
> FireFox since I installed it this summer. Things like not being able
> to see the maps in MapQuest. The Java console under toos menu in
> Firefox showed lots of errors from sites such as sears and even
> Moailla. I followed the discussion in the thread "Java applet wont
> run, OK in IE & Netscape" and found that the <applet> tag support box
> in the Java Console availabel through XPs control panel was not
> checked for the Mozilla/Netscape choice.
>
> I tried checking it and got the message :
> Warning Browser- Unable to Change Browser Settings
>
> Please check that Mozila or Netscape is properly installed and/or that
> you have sufficient permissions th change system settings.
>
> I run in a single user envirnment using XP home so I have
> administrater privilages.
>
>  I uninstalled FireFox and the Java Environment. I installed new
> versions from java.com. No change. I uninstalled Java and upgraded to
> Firefox 2. Same problem. Uninstalled/reinstalled after rebooting at
> each step. Same problem. After additional uninstalls/reinstalls I
> found the checkbox appears in the Java Console even before I install
> FireFox. I think maybe something has to be deleted between
> uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox. The uninstall/reinstall leaves
> all of the bookmarks, history, passwords and so forth so the uninstall
> is not total. Any suggestions about what to do?
>
> Rich

This is really a Sun mess up, as they are still coding for the old
Netscape 4.x, etc. Good thing is the plugins do get into the FF plugins
folder for most of the JAVA support.  Issue stems from the <applet> HTML
3.4 tag is depreciated in favor of the <object> HTML 4.01 tag.  I know
what you mean about the error messages as I always got them when trying
to add <applet> support to FF 1.0 and 1.5.
--
Ron K.
Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting
Ron K. wrote:

> Tbird Leader noaddress@noisp.com radioed the tower , On 12/6/2006 9:09
> PM: \n
>> There have always been some sites that I could not see correctly in
>> FireFox since I installed it this summer. Things like not being able
>> to see the maps in MapQuest. The Java console under toos menu in
>> Firefox showed lots of errors from sites such as sears and even
>> Moailla. I followed the discussion in the thread "Java applet wont
>> run, OK in IE & Netscape" and found that the <applet> tag support box
>> in the Java Console availabel through XPs control panel was not
>> checked for the Mozilla/Netscape choice.
>>
>> I tried checking it and got the message :
>> Warning Browser- Unable to Change Browser Settings
>>
>> Please check that Mozila or Netscape is properly installed and/or that
>> you have sufficient permissions th change system settings.
>>
>> I run in a single user envirnment using XP home so I have
>> administrater privilages.
>>
>>  I uninstalled FireFox and the Java Environment. I installed new
>> versions from java.com. No change. I uninstalled Java and upgraded to
>> Firefox 2. Same problem. Uninstalled/reinstalled after rebooting at
>> each step. Same problem. After additional uninstalls/reinstalls I
>> found the checkbox appears in the Java Console even before I install
>> FireFox. I think maybe something has to be deleted between
>> uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox. The uninstall/reinstall leaves
>> all of the bookmarks, history, passwords and so forth so the uninstall
>> is not total. Any suggestions about what to do?
>>
>> Rich
>>
> This is really a Sun mess up, as they are still coding for the old
> Netscape 4.x, etc. Good thing is the plugins do get into the FF plugins
> folder for most of the JAVA support.  Issue stems from the <applet> HTML
> 3.4 tag is depreciated in favor of the <object> HTML 4.01 tag.  I know
> what you mean about the error messages as I always got them when trying
> to add <applet> support to FF 1.0 and 1.5.

But Mapquest maps, one of the problems cited has nothing to do with
Java. Its javascript.  The two are completely different things.

And in FF 1.5, its the Javascript console, not the java console. In FF
2.0 its the Error console.

By the way, Mapquest maps display without a problem here in both 2.0 and
1.5.

I suspect this is not a Java issue at all. Lets refocus.

Lee

Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
http://mozilla.com   http://mozilla.org
0
Leonidas
12/7/2006 3:40:28 AM
noaddress@noisp.com wrote:
> I followed the discussion in the thread "Java applet wont
> run, OK in IE & Netscape" and found that the <applet> tag support box
> in the Java Console availabel through XPs control panel was not
> checked for the Mozilla/Netscape choice.
>
> I tried checking it and got the message :
> Warning Browser- Unable to Change Browser Settings
>
> Please check that Mozila or Netscape is properly installed and/or that
> you have sufficient permissions th change system settings.

this is probably because you have more than one set of java installed.
Open the add/remove programs and check to see how many java programs are
installed.  If you have more than one, remove the old ones, reboot, and
try the setting again.

--
"Oh!  Heavens to Murgatroid.  Exit . . . Stage Left!" -- Snagglepuss

Please do not email me for help.  Reply to the newsgroup only.  Thanks
0
Heavens
12/7/2006 6:52:39 AM
"Ron K." <killjay@gisco.net> wrote in message
> This is really a Sun mess up, as they are still coding for the old
> Netscape 4.x, etc. Good thing is the plugins do get into the FF plugins
> folder for most of the JAVA support.  Issue stems from the <applet> HTML
> 3.4 tag is depreciated in favor of the <object> HTML 4.01 tag.  I know
> what you mean about the error messages as I always got them when trying to
> add <applet> support to FF 1.0 and 1.5.

The applet tag works fine under Firefox.  A simple example using the applet
tag is at www.segal.org/java/Hello/.

0
Mickey
12/7/2006 1:18:32 PM
To answer several people-
I think I only have one instance of java installed. Only one Java
enviornment shows up in the add/remove in the control panel. I have
nuinstalled/reinstalled several tiimes and java.com say it is a valid
installation.

I am sorry I do not understand what Ron K is saying. I am just a
retired Fortran/ mainframe software engineer and don't know much about
Java.

for Leonidas and Mickey I just figured the problem was Java as it
seemed to follow symptoms.

To keep using MapQuest as an example since it is accessed enough that
I wouldn't expect any real global problems to be on it. If I clear the
FF error console and go imediatly to MapQuest I get approximaty 30
warnings from the www.mapquest.com/brands... involving 'Error in
parsing value for property "width" . Declaration dropped' and 'Unknown
property "-width". Declaration dropped' from mapquest.com.

If I then clear the error console and go to an address I get the
messages from brands again and the "Unknown property ..." from the
maps subpage. The page seems to display ok but the section for the map
is clear. Neither the map or arial image appears.

I used to run NoScript but have uninstalled it for this debugging
effort. With it I would see errors also but I do not remember what
they were.

Sorry about the dumb poster name. I thought I was just setting up a
dummy return email address rather than a name.

Rich

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 22:52:39 -0800, Heavens to Murgatroid
<heavens.to.murgatroid@gmail.com> wrote:

>noaddress@noisp.com wrote:
>> I followed the discussion in the thread "Java applet wont
>> run, OK in IE & Netscape" and found that the <applet> tag support box
>> in the Java Console availabel through XPs control panel was not
>> checked for the Mozilla/Netscape choice.
>>
>> I tried checking it and got the message :
>> Warning Browser- Unable to Change Browser Settings
>>
>> Please check that Mozila or Netscape is properly installed and/or that
>> you have sufficient permissions th change system settings.
>>

>this is probably because you have more than one set of java installed.
>Open the add/remove programs and check to see how many java programs are
>installed.  If you have more than one, remove the old ones, reboot, and
>try the setting again.
0
noaddress
12/7/2006 4:14:18 PM
<noaddress@noisp.com> wrote in message
> To answer several people-
> I think I only have one instance of java installed. Only one Java
> enviornment shows up in the add/remove in the control panel.

The best place to check is in the Java Control Panel.  Under the Java tab,
click view for Java Applet Runtime Settings.  If you see only one version
you have only one version of Sun Java.  You can also get a read-out of the
active Java version in the purple box at www.segal.org/java/config/

> for Leonidas and Mickey I just figured the problem was Java as it
> seemed to follow symptoms.

If you see the purple box at www.segal.org/java/config/ the applet tag is
working fine.

0
Mickey
12/7/2006 5:36:18 PM
Looks like you are right. The Java Control panel shows only one
version. I ran the test page and the purple box contains the
configuration infromation. I ran the same page using IE and it looks
almost identical

I then turned off the <applet> tag box for IE in the Java console and
used IE to look at MapQuest and it works fine. So it looks like you
all were right in the problem isn't the Java Applet tag.

But I still have the problem of not being able to use a bunch of
common sites. The fact I can change the <aooket> tag setting for IE
but not FF might indicate a bad installation, but I have upgraded,
installed/uninstalled a number of times. I would hate to have to
reload XP just to clear up something in a bad FF install. Any further
suggestions on next step or way to further narrow problem.

Rich

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 12:36:18 -0500, "Mickey Segal"
<not_monitored@example.com> wrote:

><noaddress@noisp.com> wrote in message
>> To answer several people-
>> I think I only have one instance of java installed. Only one Java
>> enviornment shows up in the add/remove in the control panel.
>
>The best place to check is in the Java Control Panel.  Under the Java tab,
>click view for Java Applet Runtime Settings.  If you see only one version
>you have only one version of Sun Java.  You can also get a read-out of the
>active Java version in the purple box at www.segal.org/java/config/
>
>> for Leonidas and Mickey I just figured the problem was Java as it
>> seemed to follow symptoms.
>
>If you see the purple box at www.segal.org/java/config/ the applet tag is
>working fine.

0
noaddress
12/7/2006 6:24:55 PM
> But I still have the problem of not being able to use a bunch of
> common sites. The fact I can change the <aooket> tag setting for IE
> but not FF might indicate a bad installation, but I have upgraded,
> installed/uninstalled a number of times. I would hate to have to
> reload XP just to clear up something in a bad FF install. Any further
> suggestions on next step or way to further narrow problem.

If you can provide a URL to a reasonably simple page that shows the problem
maybe one of us could figure out what is going wrong.  Please specify what
you see in FF and what you see in IE.

0
Mickey
12/7/2006 6:42:32 PM
Ok try
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=&city=tacoma&state=Wa&zipcode=&country=US&geodiff=1
which is a general map of the Tacoma Wa area.
In IE I get the map of the general Tacoma area with lots of ads and
other things.
In FF 2.0 the page is  the same except the map area is blank, The
navigation controls on the left (for zoom and move center) are there,
but have nothing set. Various adds ocupy the same space but are for
different advertisers. The online offers on the right and under the
map are on both browsers and the form for directions are on both also.

The FF error console has about 20 warnings for error in parsing
property  value... and unknown property ... Declaration dropped.The
error console was cleared before I refreshed the page to see how many
were from the single refresh. The 20 warnings was just the count for
the mapquest/map reference there where many more for the
mapquest/brands reference.

Hope this helps, sorry for the long URL.

Thanks
Rich

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 13:42:32 -0500, "Mickey Segal"
<not_monitored@example.com> wrote:

><noaddress@noisp.com> wrote in message
>> But I still have the problem of not being able to use a bunch of
>> common sites. The fact I can change the <aooket> tag setting for IE
>> but not FF might indicate a bad installation, but I have upgraded,
>> installed/uninstalled a number of times. I would hate to have to
>> reload XP just to clear up something in a bad FF install. Any further
>> suggestions on next step or way to further narrow problem.
>
>If you can provide a URL to a reasonably simple page that shows the problem
>maybe one of us could figure out what is going wrong.  Please specify what
>you see in FF and what you see in IE.

0
noaddress
12/7/2006 9:21:17 PM
noaddress@noisp.com wrote:
> Ok try
> http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=&city=tacoma&state=Wa&zipcode=&country=US&geodiff=1
> which is a general map of the Tacoma Wa area.
> In IE I get the map of the general Tacoma area with lots of ads and
> other things.
> In FF 2.0 the page is  the same except the map area is blank, The
> navigation controls on the left (for zoom and move center) are there,
> but have nothing set. Various adds ocupy the same space but are for
> different advertisers. The online offers on the right and under the
> map are on both browsers and the form for directions are on both also.
>
> The FF error console has about 20 warnings for error in parsing
> property  value... and unknown property ... Declaration dropped.The
> error console was cleared before I refreshed the page to see how many
> were from the single refresh. The 20 warnings was just the count for
> the mapquest/map reference there where many more for the
> mapquest/brands reference.
>
> Hope this helps, sorry for the long URL.
>
> Thanks
> Rich

Please be so kind as to bottom post in these groups, that is, post your
reply below the quoted material, as I am doing here.  This is the group
preference.  See the posting Guidelines, as linked in my sig, for more
information.  Thank you for your consideration.

This is back to the original point I was trying to make, the maps at
Mapquest are not java at all, its javascript, and, of course, those are
two completely unrated things.

When I go to your link, I see a map, all features are working fine.  If
I disable Java and visit the page, there is no change, everything is
still working.  However, when I disable Javascript, there is no map,
just a white box where the map is supposed to be.

A quick look at the source code shows no java at all, but all kinds of
javascript.

All the discussion held in this thread about java, therefore, has
absolutely nothing to do with this particular problem.

First, ensure that javascript is enabled.  If you are using one of the
extensions that affects javascript, such as Noscript, disable it to see
if the page works. Try in Safe Mode to see if the page works.

There is one other possible issue at Mapquest, the maps come from an
external source. If you have FF set to display images only from the
originating website, you will have similar problems. There is a UI
setting for this in 1.5.0.8, but not in 2.0

In about:config, filter for image, and find:

permissions.default.image

Set the value to the default setting of 1.

Lee

Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
http://mozilla.com   http://mozilla.org
0
Leonidas
12/7/2006 9:55:53 PM
OK I got it fixed. Thanks all.

I tried Lonidas's suggestion of running in safe mode. Because I run
through a router, I could not get internet access even in diagnostic
mode. So I set up a guest account with limited privelages. It worked!

I figured that it was something in my configuration so uninstalled FF,
backed up my history, passwords and bookmarks and deleted the Mozilla
directory in the applications sections of Documents and Settings. I
also deleted all of the leftover FF files in Programs directory. When
I re installed FF, mapquest worked! I restored my bookmarks, history
and passwords file and am back in business.

It wasn't just the mapquest site that gave me problems so I checked
some of the other sites and they seem to work too.   I don't think I
am interested enough to keep restoring files until it is broken again
as I would then have to delve into the broken file to find out what
the problem was.

Thanks to all for your help.

Rich

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 16:55:53 -0500, Leonidas Jones
<LeonidasJones@netscape.net> wrote:

>noaddress@noisp.com wrote:
>> Ok try
>> http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=&city=tacoma&state=Wa&zipcode=&country=US&geodiff=1
>> which is a general map of the Tacoma Wa area.
>> In IE I get the map of the general Tacoma area with lots of ads and
>> other things.
>> In FF 2.0 the page is  the same except the map area is blank, The
>> navigation controls on the left (for zoom and move center) are there,
>> but have nothing set. Various adds ocupy the same space but are for
>> different advertisers. The online offers on the right and under the
>> map are on both browsers and the form for directions are on both also.
>>
>> The FF error console has about 20 warnings for error in parsing
>> property  value... and unknown property ... Declaration dropped.The
>> error console was cleared before I refreshed the page to see how many
>> were from the single refresh. The 20 warnings was just the count for
>> the mapquest/map reference there where many more for the
>> mapquest/brands reference.
>>
>> Hope this helps, sorry for the long URL.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Rich
>
>Please be so kind as to bottom post in these groups, that is, post your
>reply below the quoted material, as I am doing here.  This is the group
>preference.  See the posting Guidelines, as linked in my sig, for more
>information.  Thank you for your consideration.
>
>This is back to the original point I was trying to make, the maps at
>Mapquest are not java at all, its javascript, and, of course, those are
>two completely unrated things.
>
>When I go to your link, I see a map, all features are working fine.  If
>I disable Java and visit the page, there is no change, everything is
>still working.  However, when I disable Javascript, there is no map,
>just a white box where the map is supposed to be.
>
>A quick look at the source code shows no java at all, but all kinds of
>javascript.
>
>All the discussion held in this thread about java, therefore, has
>absolutely nothing to do with this particular problem.
>
>First, ensure that javascript is enabled.  If you are using one of the
>extensions that affects javascript, such as Noscript, disable it to see
>if the page works. Try in Safe Mode to see if the page works.
>
>There is one other possible issue at Mapquest, the maps come from an
>external source. If you have FF set to display images only from the
>originating website, you will have similar problems. There is a UI
>setting for this in 1.5.0.8, but not in 2.0
>
>In about:config, filter for image, and find:
>
>permissions.default.image
>
>Set the value to the default setting of 1.
>
>Lee
0
noaddress

can't get any support and can't open firefox
Name: Jacquelyn Flora Email: jacquelynfloraatmacdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: can't get any support and can't open firefox Comments: I am so completely frustrated since I have been trying to resolve this issue for weeks. I cannot open firefox at all ever since I upgraded (big mistake) to 3.0.5 and then 3.0.6. Your support site isn't worth anything because it doesn't answer any of the questions. I am so frustrated that I am ready to give up. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like...

Firefox doesn't open; can't get support in Explorer
Name: ken reid Email: kreidatfdainfodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox doesn't open; can't get support in Explorer Comments: Hi I have been using Thunderbird and Firefox for at least seven years. I do not like Outlook or Internet Explorer. However, I had to sync my PDA phone today with Outlook and now I can't open Firefox at all. I get an error that says: <window ID="main window" V I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program three times, but it wont open. Thunderbird is fine and the box for Outlook and Internet explorer bei...

Java applet tag support for firefox problem
I just installed Java 5 (sun java latest version) and when I go into the Java control panel and try to check the box for Mozilla and Netscape under <APPLET> tag support I get an error: Unable to change browser settings, and something about permissions and or the browser not properly installed. I am using xp professional with sp2 and am logged in with administrator privilages. This is a new workstation just set up and firefox works fine. Just no java support. Anyone know a solution to this? All of my workstations with XP gives me the same trouble. Thanks Dave Take a ...

Firefox can't support two copies running at once
Name: a disgruntled user Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox can't support two copies running at once Comments: We have multicore and networked machines everywhere. And Firefox _still_ can't support running two copies at once. Even if they're running on different machines. And even when I'm only running one copy, I still get errors about locking. Who has concurrency problems without concurrency? Stop wasting time with fancy features and plugins and start making a product that works. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Geck...

Many bugs in Firefox 3.6, and can't access support
Tried posting this to Mozilla's support system and had about 10 different codes from my screen rejected by their spam detection system. It said to post 3.6 problems to 'Troubleshooting info.' under Help, but there's no discernible way to post info. there: Firefox 3.6 was not clearly marked as a beta, or I'd have avoided it. Most obvious problems: 1. "Most visited" in toolbar doesn't match what's in my Library, thus can't be edited; 2. Can't customize which icons are shown in the toolbar; 3. Missing '+' button to add a new tab...

Can't start Firefox anymore; "support" site no help
Name: Email: jamesdotzdotgillilandatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Can't start Firefox anymore; "support" site no help Comments: Hi, I'm sorry, but I need help with Firefox. Yesterday, it started not loading when I tried to open it. All it would do would show the Mozilla Crash Report. The support site only sent me in circles, and the forum user who possibly had the same problem I have didn't seem to get an answer either. I have no idea why Firefox is continually crashing. Please let me know what you can do. The Builder ID is 200908240854...

Firefox 3.5.2 doesn't support my Norton toolbar and I want to roll back to an earlier version of Firefox
Name: Gloria Schaab Email: glschaabatymaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.2 doesn't support my Norton toolbar and I want to roll back to an earlier version of Firefox Comments: Firefox 3.5.2 doesn't support my Norton toolbar and I want to roll back to an earlier version of Firefox. Is that possible? If so, how? If I can't find a way to make the two compatible, I don't want to use Firefox. Please assist. Gloria Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.o...

Firefox doesn't support the <embed></embed> tag

Can't drag and drop in Java applet in Firefox 4.0b2 Mac OS X
Name: Eric Arlotti Email: earlottiatorkisdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Can't drag and drop in Java applet in Firefox 4.0b2 Mac OS X Comments: Firefox 4.0 beta 2 Mac OS X Mac OS X 10.6.4 It is not possible to drag and drop files onto a Java applet that can handle drag and drop of files from the desktop. When I drop a file onto this applet, nothing happens as if applet had no drag and drop capabilities. I didn't try on Windows or Linux but it could be the same. If I run the same applet in Firefox 3.6 or Safari 5, drag and drop works fine. Thanks for your gre...

can't import from firefox to firefox.
Name: Francis Daniel Albrecht Email: falbrechtatverizondotnet Product: Shiretoko Summary: can't import from firefox to firefox. Comments: Installed Beta and imported IE info. Can't import from original FireFox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox can't open from URL on other App, can't shut down.
Until now, I had been using Firefox v1.0.2. Beginning yesterday, it became impossible to open a browser by clicking on a URL in either Polarbar Mailer or Pronews/2. There was one exception to this, at a time when there was no open Firefox window at all, when clicking on a URL did open a browser; that never happened if a Firefox window was already open. Shutting down Firefox in the usual way is now also impossible, unless it is done before much activity has taken place in the browser (only after a period of activity in the browser do these symptoms occur). It is possible to ...

Firefox 3 beta 5 can't download what Firefox 2 can.
Name: Aldo Latino Email: aldolatatgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 beta 5 can't download what Firefox 2 can. Comments: As in summary, on this page [1] if I use FF 2 I can download everything just fine. On the contrary, in the same page with Firefox 3 beta 5 I can't. Other people have this error. Any idea? P.S. This site uses WordPress 2.5 and the plugin WP-DownloadManager [2]. [1] http://www.aldolat.it/downloads/ [2] http://lesterchan.net/portfolio/programming.php Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; it; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008...

build firefox with java applet support ?
hi, I am trying to build firefox (on windows) with debug and java support I have these options in .mozconfig: ac_add_options --disable-accessibility ac_add_options --enable-debug ac_add_options --disable-optimize ac_add_options --enable-extensions=default When I load a page containg an applet, the console shows the message: For application/x-java-vm found plugin C:\...\j2rel1.4.2\bin\NPOJI610.dll but java applets do not appear in the web page. (flash does not work either) What build options or configs do I need to do a java enabled build ? Thanks. agb5 wrote: &g...

superreview requested: [Bug 288356] Java applet + screen reader: heap corruption brings down Firefox : [Attachment 179104] Default Java support to off when Windows screen reader is running. Java supp
Aaron Leventhal <aaronleventhal@moonset.net> has asked Johnny Stenback <jst@mozilla.org> for superreview: Bug 288356: Java applet + screen reader: heap corruption brings down Firefox https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=288356 Attachment 179104: Default Java support to off when Windows screen reader is running. Java support can still be turned back on in Tools->Options->Content->Enable Java https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=179104&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Aaron Leventhal <aaronleventhal@moonset.net> Will add /...

Web resources about - Can't set Java Applet tag support for Firefox - mozilla.support.firefox