Can't Display solutions don't work

About a week or two ago my firefox browser began to display 'can't
display' or 'server cannot connect' messages. When this happened I
opened up IE (Beta) and when I put the same page firefox couldn't
display into IE, the page came up instantly. When the page came up for
IE it instantly came up for Firefox too.

I began to notice this trend, when can't display occurred I could open
it in another browser and once I did this it would come up for a time
with mozilla. I searched the issue for can't display, and did many
methods people recommended in that case, even checked the proxy
settings but nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

I thought it might be a plugin like download helper which had been
causing some problems. But even when I disabled download helper the
problem was cease for a time and then return. After a while the can't
display messages began to occur whether I used another browser to
access the page or not.

Some days the browser was fine and went fast showing no messages and
other days it went slow showing lots of these messages. I had no
problems using other browsers. I tried to uninstall everything but
there were no changes.

So I put it in safe mode and things ran smoothly. I suspected it was a
plugin so I permanently disabled all plug ins and began to put them in
one at a time and refresh pages. All the pages came up as normally. I
thought the problem was solved, everything was running great and then
it started to happen again. I've cleared the cache, history, I've done
the about:config recommendations (can't even remember all the things I
did), and I checked my firewall. I don't have a virus I've used
multiple scanners, and everything is running perfect it's just this
browser.

I don't know if I were to make another user (Windows 7) if firefox
would still run properly and will have to test that later. But does
anyone have any ideas on what's causing this problem?
0
Scribbler
11/26/2010 5:30:22 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 24319 articles. 10 followers. Post Follow

4 Replies
771 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 53

On Nov 26, 2:30=A0am, Scribbler Dreams <scribblingdre...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> About a week or two ago my firefox browser began to display 'can't
> display' or 'server cannot connect' messages. When this happened I
> opened up IE (Beta) and when I put the same page firefox couldn't
> display into IE, the page came up instantly. When the page came up for
> IE it instantly came up for Firefox too.
>
> I began to notice this trend, when can't display occurred I could open
> it in another browser and once I did this it would come up for a time
> with mozilla. I searched the issue for can't display, and did many
> methods people recommended in that case, even checked the proxy
> settings but nothing seemed out of the ordinary.
>
> I thought it might be a plugin like download helper which had been
> causing some problems. But even when I disabled download helper the
> problem was cease for a time and then return. After a while the can't
> display messages began to occur whether I used another browser to
> access the page or not.
>
> Some days the browser was fine and went fast showing no messages and
> other days it went slow showing lots of these messages. I had no
> problems using other browsers. I tried to uninstall everything but
> there were no changes.
>
> So I put it in safe mode and things ran smoothly. I suspected it was a
> plugin so I permanently disabled all plug ins and began to put them in
> one at a time and refresh pages. All the pages came up as normally. I
> thought the problem was solved, everything was running great and then
> it started to happen again. I've cleared the cache, history, I've done
> the about:config recommendations (can't even remember all the things I
> did), and I checked my firewall. I don't have a virus I've used
> multiple scanners, and everything is running perfect it's just this
> browser.
>
> I don't know if I were to make another user (Windows 7) if firefox
> would still run properly and will have to test that later. But does
> anyone have any ideas on what's causing this problem?

Sounds like you've established that it is a plugin doing this given
the trouble shooting steps you took and the fact that in safe mode all
worked well.  You re-added the plugins, and in time the problem
returned.  So it is most likely a plugin.  If you can list the plugins
you are using perhaps someone will recognize one of them as the
problem, or as a potential problem.

JB
0
Fox
11/26/2010 11:00:39 AM
I thought it was a plugin however, I did not use safe-mode long enough
to discern whether it was a plugin. There were no issues, but there
were no issues with the plugin until after a certain amount of time.
In safemode disabling the plugins made things run faster but again I
didn't use it long enough to see those messages, sometimes it just
started working after running in safemode.

I applied the add-ons one by one and browsed the problem didn't
happen. I thought it was a plugin at first but a good majority are
disabled now. Also I have another computer which  uses the same same
updated browser+updated plugins no problem.

I think I figured out what the problem is though this morning. I used
to have firefox automatically set to delete browsing hisory, cookies,
etc. but when I got my new PC and with the new firefox I was unsure of
how to make it delete on exit. I noticed when I used ccleaner that
every time it analyzed the browsers, firefox had thousands of mb(???)
stored. When I cleaned all of that out, the browser ran fast, no
issues, no cannot display. I also do a lot of
browsing/reading/research on the net and listen to a lot of music
online so I would not be surprised if it gets cluttered after a while
making things difficult? I believe so far that this is the case since
after this morning doing that I have received no issues.

How do I delete all that history, cookies, and the sort on exit of firefox?

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 3:00 AM, Fox on the run <jjrboucher@gmail.com> wrot=
e:
> On Nov 26, 2:30=A0am, Scribbler Dreams <scribblingdre...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> About a week or two ago my firefox browser began to display 'can't
>> display' or 'server cannot connect' messages. When this happened I
>> opened up IE (Beta) and when I put the same page firefox couldn't
>> display into IE, the page came up instantly. When the page came up for
>> IE it instantly came up for Firefox too.
>>
>> I began to notice this trend, when can't display occurred I could open
>> it in another browser and once I did this it would come up for a time
>> with mozilla. I searched the issue for can't display, and did many
>> methods people recommended in that case, even checked the proxy
>> settings but nothing seemed out of the ordinary.
>>
>> I thought it might be a plugin like download helper which had been
>> causing some problems. But even when I disabled download helper the
>> problem was cease for a time and then return. After a while the can't
>> display messages began to occur whether I used another browser to
>> access the page or not.
>>
>> Some days the browser was fine and went fast showing no messages and
>> other days it went slow showing lots of these messages. I had no
>> problems using other browsers. I tried to uninstall everything but
>> there were no changes.
>>
>> So I put it in safe mode and things ran smoothly. I suspected it was a
>> plugin so I permanently disabled all plug ins and began to put them in
>> one at a time and refresh pages. All the pages came up as normally. I
>> thought the problem was solved, everything was running great and then
>> it started to happen again. I've cleared the cache, history, I've done
>> the about:config recommendations (can't even remember all the things I
>> did), and I checked my firewall. I don't have a virus I've used
>> multiple scanners, and everything is running perfect it's just this
>> browser.
>>
>> I don't know if I were to make another user (Windows 7) if firefox
>> would still run properly and will have to test that later. But does
>> anyone have any ideas on what's causing this problem?
>
> Sounds like you've established that it is a plugin doing this given
> the trouble shooting steps you took and the fact that in safe mode all
> worked well. =A0You re-added the plugins, and in time the problem
> returned. =A0So it is most likely a plugin. =A0If you can list the plugin=
s
> you are using perhaps someone will recognize one of them as the
> problem, or as a potential problem.
>
> JB
> _______________________________________________
> support-firefox mailing list
> support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-firefox
> To unsubscribe, send an email to support-firefox-request@lists.mozilla.or=
g?subject=3Dunsubscribe
>
0
Scribbler
11/26/2010 2:45:04 PM
On Nov 26, 11:45=A0am, Scribbler Dreams <scribblingdre...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I thought it was a plugin however, I did not use safe-mode long enough
> to discern whether it was a plugin. There were no issues, but there
> were no issues with the plugin until after a certain amount of time.
> In safemode disabling the plugins made things run faster but again I
> didn't use it long enough to see those messages, sometimes it just
> started working after running in safemode.
>
> I applied the add-ons one by one and browsed the problem didn't
> happen. I thought it was a plugin at first but a good majority are
> disabled now. Also I have another computer which =A0uses the same same
> updated browser+updated plugins no problem.
>
> I think I figured out what the problem is though this morning. I used
> to have firefox automatically set to delete browsing hisory, cookies,
> etc. but when I got my new PC and with the new firefox I was unsure of
> how to make it delete on exit. I noticed when I used ccleaner that
> every time it analyzed the browsers, firefox had thousands of mb(???)
> stored. When I cleaned all of that out, the browser ran fast, no
> issues, no cannot display. I also do a lot of
> browsing/reading/research on the net and listen to a lot of music
> online so I would not be surprised if it gets cluttered after a while
> making things difficult? I believe so far that this is the case since
> after this morning doing that I have received no issues.
>
> How do I delete all that history, cookies, and the sort on exit of firefo=
x?
>

Tools, Option, Privacy tab.  Then under the History pull down menu
select customize.  Note near the bottom of that screen an option
(check box) to clear settings on exit.  You can also specify what you
want cleared and what you want retained.

JB

0
Fox
11/26/2010 3:33:11 PM
What I don't understand is whenever firefox slows down, it gradually
gets slower again in less than a day after clearing all the memory
etc. And if a page can't display in firefox, or is going extra slow,
if I open it up in IE or Opera it will instantly appear in firefox no
matter how long or short it was trying to display once I open it up in
another browser (same exact webpage).

There are other things for other situations but these perplexes me.
Does anyone know why this is?
0
Scribbler
11/27/2010 5:20:59 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

I love Firefox! But I just got a new computer with Windows 7, and half the time Firefox wouldn't work for about 3 weeks. It's working now, but I don't know for how long. Please make sure you are comp
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: I love Firefox! But I just got a new computer with Windows 7, and half the time Firefox wouldn't work for about 3 weeks. It's working now, but I don't know for how long. Please make sure you are compatible with Windows 7. Thank you. Comments: See above. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.9) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.6.9 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sen...

I can't get no cache, I can't get no cache. 'Cause I try and I try and I try and, I can't get no, I can't get no cache.
I have fiddled out for days tinkering with the setting in about:config trying to get FireFox 12 to use the disk cache. I have NOT found the trick. This One Trick Pony ain't doing it like it used to up until recently. Pray tell anyone, What information can I share that will point a knowledgeable person to aid me in getting FF to disk.cache? I have also tried restarting FF with add-ons disabled, (There were NOT too many to do this to, so it was quick and easy) Here is my stab at trying to convey the information that MIGHT govern matters Using about:cache Informatio...

can't get any support and can't open firefox
Name: Jacquelyn Flora Email: jacquelynfloraatmacdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: can't get any support and can't open firefox Comments: I am so completely frustrated since I have been trying to resolve this issue for weeks. I cannot open firefox at all ever since I upgraded (big mistake) to 3.0.5 and then 3.0.6. Your support site isn't worth anything because it doesn't answer any of the questions. I am so frustrated that I am ready to give up. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like...

Re: I can't get no cache, I can't get no cache. ' Cause I try and I try and I try and, I can't get no, I can't get no cache.
<div>please com e see me about htis<br /> <br /> ------- Original Message f= rom the Global Relay Archive -------<br /> From: Hp &lt;ferd@farkel.net&gt;= <br /> To: "support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org" &lt;support-firefox@lists.mo= zilla.org&gt;<br /> Sent: Sun, 27 May 2012 18:30:18 -0700<br /> Subject: I = can't get no cache, I can't get no cache. 'Cause I try and I try and I try = and, I can't get no, I can't get no cache.<br /> <br /></div> <pre class=3D"gr-maex-body-pre&qu...

2010: Can't register - can't download the software - can't register until I have the software
I have active maintenance on Rad Studio: From: Vicky Rassmisaengthong [mailto:Vicky.Rassmisaengthong@EMBARCADERO.COM] Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 1:58 PM To: rgrossman Cc: amer.supportadmin@codegear.com; Ashley Cosentino Subject: Software Assurance Support for Tech III Inc PO# Credit Card Dear Embarcadero Technologies Support Customer, Welcome! You have been registered as the primary contact on support account number AM####### Herewith we confirm your Embarcadero Technologies support agreement covering: Qty 1 RAD Studio Enterprise Named User licens...

Two things,Why do I keep getting emails that I don't want. can't get rid of them? Why can't I get my email when I am out of town? Or can I?
Name: Ed Leech Email: ELCraftatzoominternetdotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Two things,Why do I keep getting emails that I don't want. can't get rid of them? Why can't I get my email when I am out of town? Or can I? Comments: I am getting frusted with all the emails coming in that I do not want, I am using the tools to get thme out but they keep coming. They just use different names or whatever. I have been thinking of just switching to something else but my business intrusts know this email and it is tooo confusing to change. Every time I go out of town on bu...

I'm very upset to say i can't use firefox, it doesn't work anymore...
Name: Stephen Email: retrodotrevivalathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I'm very upset to say i can't use firefox, it doesn't work anymore... Comments: I'm very upset to say i can't use firefox, it doesn't work anymore... the addons menu is blank with all weird buttons on the button, and all my addons i cant get to but some still are there like my google toolbar but it won't show in addons, and some buttons are in the navagation toolbar. i will have to uninstall if you can't help Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5....

i'm not happy that Firefox 2 doesn't work with Flash, and you don't even list it as a known issue
Name: kb Product: Firefox Summary: i'm not happy that Firefox 2 doesn't work with Flash, and you don't even list it as a known issue Comments: doesn't sound loke good DevTest before release if you haven't listed the problems with Flash. I have to close Firefox and resort to IE. So IE, is still widely used on my computer since Firefox continues to not work all the time. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

I don't know why my code don't work(it's for shopping cart)
I wrote this code for shopping cart.I used c lass for it and i want to store orders in cache.the customer username is in a session.customer select the product from a datalist.but and I want to show the orders in gridview .but when I select some product and go to the page that gridview is in it (shopping cart page)I could,t see any thing.please look at my code and see if I wrote my code incorrect.thanks for your helping me.-------------------------------------------------------------------------  //the code for add product to shopping cart(products are in data list)protected void order(o...

Installation 'Sybase DataWindow PS' printer on W98 doesn't work (so PDF export can't work either)
I have a problem with export DataWindow content to PDF on W98 systems. (I don't have any problem with PDF export on other systems like as WINNT, W2K, WXP). I found out that the problem is in the Sybase DataWindow PS printer. It looks like installed but it DOESN'T WORK on W98. When I try print something on this printer then no PostScript file is created. So I tried manual installation of it but it occurs an error during manual installation (I used description of instalation from Bruce Armstrong). The error said that printer driver (PSCRIPT.DLL) can't be loaded. I use...

Inbox msgs don't display/can't be seen
Hi All: This all started, I believe, w/ mal-formed e-mails. Under Eudora, it will at least give your an error msg that says what e- mail number stopped the downlaoding process and then I'd telnet into my ISPs pop3 server and delete the offending msg (and could verify it was the bugger by first doing a TOP # RETR to see the header, which would then freeze the telnet session ..) Under Thunderbird (TB), when this happens, TB simply stops and nothing shows in the Inbox. If you re-click on the Inbox it says something about the folder being in use and to wait. No error msg to...

Firefox won't load; can't get it to work!
Name: Robbie Email: torocityatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox won't load; can't get it to work! Comments: I'm running Windows 7, and I can't get Firefox 3.6 to work. I get the following message when I try to run it: We're sorry. Firefox had a problem and crashed. We'll try to restore your tabs and windows when it restarts. To help us diagnose and fix the problem, you can send us a crash report. I've tried to reinstall, to run in Safe Mode, and to do the dozens of things suggested on the Internet, but I can't run Firefo...

superreview requested: [Bug 264442] plugin finder can't find anything for windows media. : [Attachment 162212] Don't assume we don't have a plugin before getting a responce from the network.
Johnny Stenback <jst@mozilla.jstenback.com> has asked Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> for superreview: Bug 264442: plugin finder can't find anything for windows media. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=264442 Attachment 162212: Don't assume we don't have a plugin before getting a responce from the network. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=162212&action=edit ...

superreview granted: [Bug 264442] plugin finder can't find anything for windows media. : [Attachment 162212] Don't assume we don't have a plugin before getting a responce from the network.
Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> has granted Johnny Stenback <jst@mozilla.jstenback.com>'s request for superreview: Bug 264442: plugin finder can't find anything for windows media. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=264442 Attachment 162212: Don't assume we don't have a plugin before getting a responce from the network. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=162212&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> r+sr=bzbarsky, I guess.. Is ther a reason mIsBrokenPlugin is write-only? ...

Web resources about - Can't Display solutions don't work - mozilla.support.firefox

Resources last updated: 12/18/2015 11:36:40 AM