Can I run Firefox 3.5 and Firefox 3.0 concurrently?

There is a website that will not work properly with FIrefox 3.5 but will
with Firefox 3.0.  Can I re-install 3.0 and run them both at the same time?

jc

0
jbclem
12/17/2009 1:43:36 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 24319 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

On Dec 16, 10:43=A0pm, "jbclem" <jbcl...@charter.net> wrote:
> There is a website that will not work properly with FIrefox 3.5 but will
> with Firefox 3.0. =A0Can I re-install 3.0 and run them both at the same t=
ime?

> jc

Don't know about sites that work with one but not the other.  But you
can run both by installing them in two different folders, and running
the second one with the option -no-remote.

JB
0
Fox
12/17/2009 2:19:53 AM
Date: 12/16/2009 8:43 PM, Author: jbclem  Wrote:
> There is a website that will not work properly with FIrefox 3.5 but will
> with Firefox 3.0.  Can I re-install 3.0 and run them both at the same time?
>
> jc

If you run them with separate profiles and start one of them with the -no-remote
switch you can have them both open at the same time.  I have 3.5.x as my default
browser but I usually open 3.7a for most browsing.  I still have 2.0.0.23
installed but haven't used it much since it can no longer be updated.

I can also open Netscape 7.2 and/or IE8 at the same time with no problems (but
seldom do).

What is the website and how does it malfunction?  Maybe just a setting or
extension that is different in 3.5.x.

--
G. R. Woodring

Firefox 3.5.3 and Firefox 3.5.2
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.3 and Firefox 3.5.2 Comments: https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn Page Filled with the following everytime I go from eharmony to ebay: (1)*el_rrtaa15'rT_rrdiv16~m*(74)*44'340~m*(208)*42'338~m*(153)*39'334~m*(306)*39'334~mt*(113)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv15~mo*(0)*el_rrdiv15'rT_rrtaa15~m*(40)*72'340~mt*(16)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv16~mo*(1)*el_rrdiv16'rT_rrdiv15~m*(138)*114'359~mt*(24)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv17~mo*(1)*el_rrdiv17'rT_rrdiv16~mt*(25)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrtd21~mo*(48)*el_rrdiv19'...

When I upgrade to Firefox 3.5.2 I am no longer able to start Firefox. I retreat to install Firefox Setup 3.0.5 and everything works fine.
Name: James R McMillan Product: Firefox Summary: When I upgrade to Firefox 3.5.2 I am no longer able to start Firefox. I retreat to install Firefox Setup 3.0.5 and everything works fine. Comments: Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 3 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Home disappears in Firefox 3.0 and Firefox 3.0.3
Name: J. Gonyeau Email: gja352atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Home disappears in Firefox 3.0 and Firefox 3.0.3 Comments: The following has been an ongoing problem for the past 2-3 weeks. I am using Windows XP SP3. In both products, Firefox 3.0 and 3.0.3, the home page (I usually have 3 tabbed sites on startup) disappears and a black page appears. When I press the home button, I get the Mozilla Google page. The only way of getting the correct home is to reload Firefox. The problem is occurring on a 1-3 day interval. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; W...

firefox 3.5 is not working right for me. I want firefox 3.3 back. WHERE CAN I FIND IT?
Name: Ralph Campbell Email: ka8ifiatcybrtowndotcom Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 3.5 is not working right for me. I want firefox 3.3 back. WHERE CAN I FIND IT? Comments: When I try to change sites while browsing, 3.5 sometimes opens a partial page on the left side of the screen. The rest of the sceen is the previous site. I am unable to open the left side of the screen to a full page (howwever I can delete it.) This makes the browser pretty much useless. Also the previous history was lost during the change. Opening a partial page when browsing is STUPID!!! ...

How to roll back to Firefox 3.0.3 from Firefox 3.0.4
After I updated to firefox 3.0.4 I could no longer connect to the internet. Says server not found. Tried several web sites, including google and yahoo. It appears that the problem is with zonealarm firewall. If I turn off the firewall, the pages load. However, zonealarm normaly would ask me to allow it to connect to the internet. But is not since asking me about firefox, just blocking it. Never had that problem before. So while I figure that out, just like to go back to 3.0.3 Thanks for any help I can get. On 16.11.2008 09:30, CET - what odd quirk of fate ca...

No Firefox/3.0.13 tie-over to Firefox 3.5
Name: John Anderson Email: johnandersonattelusplanetdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: No Firefox/3.0.13 tie-over to Firefox 3.5 Comments: I have d/l 3.5, which is non-functional (issues mainly with boomarks and refresh), among others. I am currently a fully functional Firefox/3.0.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) user and would be happy there if the download speed was as fast as it is said 3.5 is. 3.0.13 is a little slow getting going on startup. I have tried, without success, to use MozBackup to bring my bookmarks from 3.0.13 into 3.5. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; ...

Firefox 3.0.5 and Firefox 3.1 beta2 conflict
Name: Art Email: not-secureataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0.5 and Firefox 3.1 beta2 conflict Comments: I have both installed in separate folders with separate shortcuts. Yet attempts to open both usually for comparison usually result in two copies of one or the other. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender fo...

After closing Firefox 3.5.3, firefox.exe keeps running
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: After closing Firefox 3.5.3, firefox.exe keeps running Comments: After closing Firefox 3.5.3 by clicking X, firefox.exe keeps running for minutes, with spikes of high CPU usage. This issue is terribly common. Happens 8-9 out of 10 times and has been present since Firefox 3.5.0. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 GTB5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you mus...

Firefox 3.5.6 and Firefox 3.5.7
Name: Herbert Kuipers Email: herbertdotkuipersatt-onlinedotde Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.6 and Firefox 3.5.7 Comments: Hello people, I have been a tall fan of the Firefox for years. But you have worked again, that I back on the version Is been for 3.5.5. Although I have reported already twice, it is for you into this one Not succeeded versions 3.5.6 and 3.5.7 that these weaving radio tool bar radio de tool bar works and these again. Perhaps you succeed in the version 3.5.8. And so long I will use the version 3.5.5 so that, furthermore I surf listen to ...

Firefox 3.5 not Compatible with ThinkVantage 3.01 and computer crash during installation of Firefox 3.5
Name: Laura Henderson Email: ILauraHendersonatGMaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5 not Compatible with ThinkVantage 3.01 and computer crash during installation of Firefox 3.5 Comments: I updated my Lenovo T61 Laptop with Firefox 3.5. During the process my computer crashed. When I then restarted the computer (for the crash and for the completion of my update, I received a window that stated that: "The following add-ons are not compatible with Firefox and have been disabled: ThinkVantage Password Manager 3.5. While I do not know if the crash that occurre...

Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons
Name: Nikita Email: rcplain123atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons Comments: Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons. The simple colors of Beta 3 "Back" and "Forward" buttons end up looking better. Also the skinny "Refresh" and "Stop" buttons do not look good. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Firefox 3.5 Bookmarking time increases 3x over Firefox 3.0.11
Name: Tom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5 Bookmarking time increases 3x over Firefox 3.0.11 Comments: On Ubuntu 9.04, I have 2488 bookmarked items. With Firefox 3.0.11 it takes about 30 seconds which is tolerable given the number of bookmarks I have. With Firefox 3.5 the time it took to bookmark a web page increased to just over 90 seconds. I have 3GB RAM, and run Firefox in a Live CD environment with usually between 1.5-1.9GB free. There is no hard disk access, so the 3x increase in time is something Mozilla needs to reduce. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; ...

intensive cpu usage in firefox 3.5 not seen in firefox 3.0.X
Name: Mikaël Le Bohec Email: mikaeldotle-bohecatuniv-ubsdotfr Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: intensive cpu usage in firefox 3.5 not seen in firefox 3.0.X Comments: When I generate a simple page with a lot of "select" it's looping nearly indefinitly in line 2792 of "components/nsSessionStore.js". Here is how to create the file using bash for example : $ for i in `seq 1 1000`; do echo '<select name="'$i'"></select>';done > test.html The same file opened with firefox 3.0.11 gives the hand to t...

Problemas com firefox 3.5 / Problems with firefox 3.5
Name: DHIEGO RODRIGUES Email: arcanjodhathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Problemas com firefox 3.5 / Problems with firefox 3.5 Comments: O navegador foi o pior dos firefox que eu já experimentei, está travando, ficou mais lento não tem temas que funcionam. Se a versão nova está tão ruim o que houve para vocês liberarem? Confio no seu navegador há 05 (cinco) anos só utilizo o firefox por favor corrijam os problemas não gosto do explorer a pesar de ter o explorer 8 instalado sempre preferi o firefox e com o tema aero fox...

Web resources about - Can I run Firefox 3.5 and Firefox 3.0 concurrently? - mozilla.support.firefox

Rumor: Apple to launch three new iPhones concurrently: '6s,' '6s Plus' and '6c'
While a new "iPhone 6s" series is widely expected to be unveiled next month, rumors of a so-called "iPhone 6c" have been less certain. But one ...

Report: Ford to build next F-150, outgoing model concurrently?
... with a design inspired by the Atlas Concept first shown at the Detroit Auto Show last January. Ford to build next F-150, outgoing model concurrently? ...

Concurrently process for maximum productivity
... enjoyed this, please share it with your network! Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn ? Get daily updates now: The post Concurrently ...

Itagaki talks developing Devil's Third campaign and multiplayer concurrently
Speaking to Famitsu, Tomonobu Itagaki provided some updates on Devil's Third , which is in a really odd spot with Nintendo right now. He notes ...

NLT naked-eye display can show 3D, 2D images concurrently
NEC LCD Technologies (NLT) has demonstrated a new prototype display that has six viewpoints and creates a 3D image to the naked eye. It uses ...

Microsoft patent filing attempts to lock down games with multiple engines running concurrently
... from the output of the first engine of the game to an output of a second engine of the game, the first and second engines being executed concurrently ...

Obamacare Website Official Says 50,000 Can Use Site Concurrently, 800,000 a day
While acknowledging “more work to be done to continue to improve and enhance” the troubled healthcare.gov website, the Obama administration said ...

iPhone SDK Limitation: Only One User-Made App Running Concurrently, No Background Processes
The enthusiastic high-fives of future iPhone instant messaging users yesterday might be quite a bit less enthusiastic today when they find out ...

Simili-DoS from Google Bot (from dozens of legitimate IPs, concurrently). - Google Product Forums
I have read the FAQs and checked for similar issues: YES My site's URL is: http://dandelionsalad.wordpress.com Description (including timeline ...

Courteney Cox, David Arquette File Concurrently for Divorce
The actress seeks to restore her name to Courteney Cox, as well as joint custody of the couple's 8-year-old daughter.