Bookmarking

FF57.
It use to be that when you selected Bookmarks>Bookmark this Page you
would get a popup that would give you a choice of where to place that
bookmark.
I no longer see this. It always puts the bookmark at the bottom of the
Bookmarks menu and I have to open Show All Bookmarks to move the
bookmark where I want.
Is anybody else seeing this?

--
Caver1
0

On 1/12/18 8:09 PM, Caver1 wrote:
> FF57.
> It use to be that when you selected Bookmarks>Bookmark this Page you
> would get a popup that would give you a choice of where to place that
> bookmark.
> I no longer see this. It always puts the bookmark at the bottom of the
> Bookmarks menu and I have to open Show All Bookmarks to move the
> bookmark where I want.
> Is anybody else seeing this?

No, it opens a door hanger off of the Bookmark Star that allows me to
select a Folder location. I do have to be quick or the door hanger closes.

The same process occurs if I use Ctrl+D, or select the Bookmark Star.

0
WaltS48
1/13/2018 1:25:03 AM
On 1/12/2018 8:09 PM, Caver1 wrote:
> FF57.
> It use to be that when you selected Bookmarks>Bookmark this Page you
> would get a popup that would give you a choice of where to place that
> bookmark.
> I no longer see this. It always puts the bookmark at the bottom of the
> Bookmarks menu and I have to open Show All Bookmarks to move the
> bookmark where I want.
> Is anybody else seeing this?

I have been saving bookmarks the same way for years. Nothing has changed.

I simply drag the open tab into the bookmark menu and drop it wherever I
wish.

Sounds simple enough unless I'm missing something.

0
Mortman
1/13/2018 6:40:42 PM
On 1/13/2018 1:40 PM, Mortman wrote:
> On 1/12/2018 8:09 PM, Caver1 wrote:
>> FF57.
>> It use to be that when you selected Bookmarks>Bookmark this Page you
>> would get a popup that would give you a choice of where to place that
>> bookmark.
>> I no longer see this. It always puts the bookmark at the bottom of the
>> Bookmarks menu and I have to open Show All Bookmarks to move the
>> bookmark where I want.
>> Is anybody else seeing this?
It is still there though it may have changed a little.

At the right end of the address windows there is a star.  If the star is
white. Clicking it will bring up a popup that gives you the option of
saving your book mark any where in the Bookmarks folder.

If the star is blue that means that there is already a book mark for
that site.   Clicking the blue star lets you edit the bookmark or move
it to a different folder
0
Keith
1/13/2018 8:54:02 PM
On 01/13/2018 03:54 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
> On 1/13/2018 1:40 PM, Mortman wrote:
>> On 1/12/2018 8:09 PM, Caver1 wrote:
>>> FF57.
>>> It use to be that when you selected Bookmarks>Bookmark this Page you
>>> would get a popup that would give you a choice of where to place that
>>> bookmark.
>>> I no longer see this. It always puts the bookmark at the bottom of the
>>> Bookmarks menu and I have to open Show All Bookmarks to move the
>>> bookmark where I want.
>>> Is anybody else seeing this?
> It is still there though it may have changed a little.
>
> At the right end of the address windows there is a star.  If the star is
> white. Clicking it will bring up a popup that gives you the option of
> saving your book mark any where in the Bookmarks folder.
>
> If the star is blue that means that there is already a book mark for
> that site.   Clicking the blue star lets you edit the bookmark or move
> it to a different folder

Like I said non of that was woking.
I finally figured it out last night after about two weeks of this. I had
a piece of .css code in userChrome.css that was causing this. So I got
rid of it and everything is now back to normal.
Thanks.
--
Caver1
0