Block the Change Search Settings button using #searchbar-anon-search-settings in .css file

Hi,

Testing with FF 52.5.0ESR. I am trying to block the Change Search
Settings button that appears when you type something into the search bar
(not URL bar). I have determined that "searchbar-anon-search-settings"
is the correct id but when putting it into userChrome.css or
userContent.css, it has no effect. Any ideas?

All items in both my user*.css files are ordered alphabetically and
haven't ever given me an issue.
0
TCW
11/8/2017 7:05:20 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23910 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

Em 08-11-2017 17:05, TCW escreveu:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Testing with FF 52.5.0ESR. I am trying to block the Change Search
 > Settings button that appears when you type something into the search bar
 > (not URL bar). I have determined that "searchbar-anon-search-settings"
 > is the correct id but when putting it into userChrome.css or
 > userContent.css, it has no effect. Any ideas?
 >
 > All items in both my user*.css files are ordered alphabetically and
 > haven't ever given me an issue.

I have no idea about your problem, but I want to ask you.

Why do you want to disable/block that? Or you plan to do it for other
users that will not discover how to change that in your computer?

My wish is different: I would like to manually change search settings
for each service Firefox uses - like I do in another browser. But
Firefox do not allow me. I simply disable or remove most search engines.
0
Balaco
11/9/2017 7:33:55 PM
In message
<mailman.2046.1510248518.16832.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, TCW
<"."@?.?.invalid> writes:
>Hi,
>
>Testing with FF 52.5.0ESR. I am trying to block the Change Search
>Settings button that appears when you type something into the search
>bar (not URL bar). I have determined that
>"searchbar-anon-search-settings" is the correct id but when putting it
>into userChrome.css or userContent.css, it has no effect. Any ideas?

If putting it in has no effect, how have you determined that it's right?

>All items in both my user*.css files are ordered alphabetically and
>haven't ever given me an issue.

Reality television. It's eroding the ability of good scripted television to
survive. - Patrick Duffy in Radio Times 2-8 February 2013
On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 00:22:26 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
<G6JPG-255@255soft.uk> wrote:

>In message
><mailman.2046.1510248518.16832.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, TCW
><"."@?.?.invalid> writes:
>>Hi,
>>
>>Testing with FF 52.5.0ESR. I am trying to block the Change Search
>>Settings button that appears when you type something into the search
>>bar (not URL bar). I have determined that
>>"searchbar-anon-search-settings" is the correct id but when putting it
>>into userChrome.css or userContent.css, it has no effect. Any ideas?
>
>If putting it in has no effect, how have you determined that it's right?

I'm using the element inspector add-on that allows you to
Shift+right-click on an element and it'll *usually* tell you the id it
belongs to. Quite a few versions ago, it never had an id associated
with it. I recently tried it again and noticed it does now have an id.
0
TCW