BetterPrivacy

Anyone know why the Firefox add-on BetterPrivacy "has been removed by
its author."

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/

thx
0
tBM
9/13/2017 1:02:14 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 23945 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

On 9/12/17 9:02 PM, tBM wrote:
> Anyone know why the Firefox add-on BetterPrivacy "has been removed by
> its author."
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/
>
> thx

They don't plan on converting it to a web extension.

Try Privacy Badger.
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/privacy-badger17/>

--
Go Bucs, Pitt, Steelers!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
On 2017-09-12 21:02, tBM <tBM@somewhere.com> wrote:

> Anyone know why the Firefox add-on BetterPrivacy "has been removed by
> its author."
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/
>
> thx

No idea. Maybe because it wasn't compatible with FF55 or something, and
he's not going to fix it, and kept receiving requests to do so?

Find the last version here: http://addons-plugins.com/extention/356

Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@hotmail.com
oO-( )-Oo  No way anyone would want a computer in their home -DEC'1977

0
B00ze
9/13/2017 1:43:49 AM
On 9/12/2017 9:06 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 9/12/17 9:02 PM, tBM wrote:
>> Anyone know why the Firefox add-on BetterPrivacy "has been removed by
>> its author."
>>
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/
>>
>> thx
>
> They don't plan on converting it to a web extension.
>
> Try Privacy Badger.
> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/privacy-badger17/>

  I would be careful with Badger. I have win7 64 FF 52.3.0 64 esr update
channel and was having strange problems until I removed it and haven't
had a problem since. Don't even remember the problems.
0
responder