Bad Website?

Brother-In-Law's FF profile keeps intermittantly getting corrupted. I
fix it by restoring an old profile that I know is good. leaving out
"History" and "Cookies". I tried just starting in safe mode before that
today, but there were no pictures where there should have been; only
empty boxes. Restore old profile as above, and pictures worked fine.

This is in preamble to my main question. I asked him what he was doing
just before the pictures stopped showing up and he said he was looking
on this Site: WWW.Edmonds.Com/buick/lacrosse/2019/sedan. That Site
workes fine on my machine, and works fine with Chrome on his machine,
but FF chokes on it and gives a "Script not reponding" error box. Can't
click on any on the boxes within this pop-open; can only hit the close X
which will eventually close it. FF pretty much stops responding to
anything until this Tab is closed.

I would appreciate it if someone would check out this Site and tell me
if they see anything "bad" about it. Also, if anyone has any idea about
the profile getting corrupted every couple weeks, I'd like to hear that.
Thanks.
--

0
jetjock
7/9/2018 9:30:58 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24308 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

On 7/9/2018 5:30 PM, jetjock wrote:
> Brother-In-Law's FF profile keeps intermittantly getting corrupted. I
> fix it by restoring an old profile that I know is good. leaving out
> "History" and "Cookies". I tried just starting in safe mode before that
> today, but there were no pictures where there should have been; only
> empty boxes. Restore old profile as above, and pictures worked fine.
>
> This is in preamble to my main question. I asked him what he was doing
> just before the pictures stopped showing up and he said he was looking
> on this Site: WWW.Edmonds.Com/buick/lacrosse/2019/sedan. That Site
> workes fine on my machine, and works fine with Chrome on his machine,
> but FF chokes on it and gives a "Script not reponding" error box. Can't
> click on any on the boxes within this pop-open; can only hit the close X
> which will eventually close it. FF pretty much stops responding to
> anything until this Tab is closed.
>
> I would appreciate it if someone would check out this Site and tell me
> if they see anything "bad" about it. Also, if anyone has any idea about
> the profile getting corrupted every couple weeks, I'd like to hear that.
> Thanks.

The auto site is Edmunds not Edmonds.  I did not want to click on your
url for that reason.
0
Frank
7/10/2018 12:12:04 PM
On 7/10/2018 8:12 AM, Frank wrote:
> On 7/9/2018 5:30 PM, jetjock wrote:
>> Brother-In-Law's FF profile keeps intermittantly getting corrupted. I
>> fix it by restoring an old profile that I know is good. leaving out
>> "History" and "Cookies". I tried just starting in safe mode before
>> that today, but there were no pictures where there should have been;
>> only empty boxes. Restore old profile as above, and pictures worked fine.
>>
>> This is in preamble to my main question. I asked him what he was doing
>> just before the pictures stopped showing up and he said he was looking
>> on this Site: WWW.Edmonds.Com/buick/lacrosse/2019/sedan. That Site
>> workes fine on my machine, and works fine with Chrome on his machine,
>> but FF chokes on it and gives a "Script not reponding" error box.
>> Can't click on any on the boxes within this pop-open; can only hit the
>> close X which will eventually close it. FF pretty much stops
>> responding to anything until this Tab is closed.
>>
>> I would appreciate it if someone would check out this Site and tell me
>> if they see anything "bad" about it. Also, if anyone has any idea
>> about the profile getting corrupted every couple weeks, I'd like to
>> hear that. Thanks.
>
> The auto site is Edmunds not Edmonds.  I did not want to click on your
> url for that reason.

Edmund Technology (Edmunds.com) is a ligament site that also deals with cars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmunds_(company)

I clicked on the site and it came up with pictures and no problems.

Based on the fact that it appears to be one company, is there something
in the security systems either native or addon that is causing the problem.

Does the problem occur on other Edmund's sites?
0
Keith
7/10/2018 12:41:50 PM
On 7/9/2018 4:30 PM, jetjock wrote:
> Brother-In-Law's FF profile keeps intermittantly getting corrupted. I
> fix it by restoring an old profile that I know is good. leaving out
> "History" and "Cookies". I tried just starting in safe mode before that
> today, but there were no pictures where there should have been; only
> empty boxes. Restore old profile as above, and pictures worked fine.
>
> This is in preamble to my main question. I asked him what he was doing
> just before the pictures stopped showing up and he said he was looking
> on this Site: WWW.Edmonds.Com/buick/lacrosse/2019/sedan. That Site
> workes fine on my machine, and works fine with Chrome on his machine,
> but FF chokes on it and gives a "Script not reponding" error box. Can't
> click on any on the boxes within this pop-open; can only hit the close X
> which will eventually close it. FF pretty much stops responding to
> anything until this Tab is closed.
>
> I would appreciate it if someone would check out this Site and tell me
> if they see anything "bad" about it. Also, if anyone has any idea about
> the profile getting corrupted every couple weeks, I'd like to hear that.
> Thanks.

By chance did you check the hard drive to ensure it is Healthy and maybe
not getting bad sectors or starting to go bad? Use a free tool like
Crystal Disk Info (https://crystalmark.info/en/download/). If Crystal
Disk Info reports anything other than Good for the health status of the
drive, it could be that the profile is sitting on a bad spot on the hard
drive.
0
TCW
7/10/2018 1:50:47 PM
Frank wrote:
> On 7/9/2018 5:30 PM, jetjock wrote:
>
>> Brother-In-Law's FF profile keeps intermittantly getting corrupted. I
>> fix it by restoring an old profile that I know is good. leaving out
>> "History" and "Cookies". I tried just starting in safe mode before
>> that today, but there were no pictures where there should have been;
>> only empty boxes. Restore old profile as above, and pictures worked fine.
>>
>> This is in preamble to my main question. I asked him what he was doing
>> just before the pictures stopped showing up and he said he was looking
>> on this Site: WWW.Edmonds.Com/buick/lacrosse/2019/sedan. That Site
>> workes fine on my machine, and works fine with Chrome on his machine,
>> but FF chokes on it and gives a "Script not reponding" error box.
>> Can't click on any on the boxes within this pop-open; can only hit the
>> close X which will eventually close it. FF pretty much stops
>> responding to anything until this Tab is closed.
>>
>> I would appreciate it if someone would check out this Site and tell me
>> if they see anything "bad" about it. Also, if anyone has any idea
>> about the profile getting corrupted every couple weeks, I'd like to
>> hear that. Thanks.
>

> The auto site is Edmunds not Edmonds.  I did not want to click on your
> url for that reason.

You are right. Typo error is mine. Link should be
www.edmunds.com/buick/lacrosse/2019/sedan. Sorry!!

--

0
jetjock
7/10/2018 3:16:22 PM
Keith Nuttle wrote:

> On 7/10/2018 8:12 AM, Frank wrote:
>
>> On 7/9/2018 5:30 PM, jetjock wrote:
>>
>>> Brother-In-Law's FF profile keeps intermittantly getting corrupted. I
>>> fix it by restoring an old profile that I know is good. leaving out
>>> "History" and "Cookies". I tried just starting in safe mode before
>>> that today, but there were no pictures where there should have been;
>>> only empty boxes. Restore old profile as above, and pictures worked
>>> fine.
>>>
>>> This is in preamble to my main question. I asked him what he was
>>> doing just before the pictures stopped showing up and he said he was
>>> looking on this Site: WWW.Edmonds.Com/buick/lacrosse/2019/sedan. That
>>> Site workes fine on my machine, and works fine with Chrome on his
>>> machine, but FF chokes on it and gives a "Script not reponding" error
>>> box. Can't click on any on the boxes within this pop-open; can only
>>> hit the close X which will eventually close it. FF pretty much stops
>>> responding to anything until this Tab is closed.
>>>
>>> I would appreciate it if someone would check out this Site and tell
>>> me if they see anything "bad" about it. Also, if anyone has any idea
>>> about the profile getting corrupted every couple weeks, I'd like to
>>> hear that. Thanks.
>>

>> The auto site is Edmunds not Edmonds.  I did not want to click on your
>> url for that reason.
>

> Edmund Technology (Edmunds.com) is a ligament site that also deals with
> cars
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmunds_(company)
>
> I clicked on the site and it came up with pictures and no problems.
>
> Based on the fact that it appears to be one company, is there something
> in the security systems either native or addon that is causing the problem.
>
> Does the problem occur on other Edmund's sites?

I will have to check that out with him. I'll get back after doing so. Thanks

--

0
jetjock
7/10/2018 3:17:41 PM
On 7/10/2018 11:16 AM, jetjock wrote:
> Frank wrote:
>> On 7/9/2018 5:30 PM, jetjock wrote:
>>
>>> Brother-In-Law's FF profile keeps intermittantly getting corrupted. I
>>> fix it by restoring an old profile that I know is good. leaving out
>>> "History" and "Cookies". I tried just starting in safe mode before
>>> that today, but there were no pictures where there should have been;
>>> only empty boxes. Restore old profile as above, and pictures worked
>>> fine.
>>>
>>> This is in preamble to my main question. I asked him what he was
>>> doing just before the pictures stopped showing up and he said he was
>>> looking on this Site: WWW.Edmonds.Com/buick/lacrosse/2019/sedan. That
>>> Site workes fine on my machine, and works fine with Chrome on his
>>> machine, but FF chokes on it and gives a "Script not reponding" error
>>> box. Can't click on any on the boxes within this pop-open; can only
>>> hit the close X which will eventually close it. FF pretty much stops
>>> responding to anything until this Tab is closed.
>>>
>>> I would appreciate it if someone would check out this Site and tell
>>> me if they see anything "bad" about it. Also, if anyone has any idea
>>> about the profile getting corrupted every couple weeks, I'd like to
>>> hear that. Thanks.
>>

>> The auto site is Edmunds not Edmonds.  I did not want to click on your
>> url for that reason.
>
> You are right. Typo error is mine. Link should be
> www.edmunds.com/buick/lacrosse/2019/sedan. Sorry!!

Looks OK.  Edmunds is a legitimate site.
0
Frank
--------------010700010603080403030707

On 10/07/2018 16:46, Frank wrote:
> On 7/10/2018 11:16 AM, jetjock wrote:
>> Frank wrote:

>>> The auto site is Edmunds not Edmonds.  I did not want to click on
>>> your url for that reason.
>>
>> You are right. Typo error is mine. Link should be
>> www.edmunds.com/buick/lacrosse/2019/sedan. Sorry!!
>>
> Looks OK.  Edmunds is a legitimate site.

The other site should be reported for copyright infringement.  The other
bogus site is identical so clearly somebody has used copy-righted
material especially the images and the text description.  It could be
that both sites belong to the same person.  The "whois" I am using is
down at the moment so can't check it.

--
With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

--------------010700010603080403030707

  <head>
  </head>
      cite="mid:mailman.40.1531237610.17372.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org"
            <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://WWW.Edmonds.Com/buick/lacrosse/2019/sedan">WWW.Edmonds.Com/buick/lacrosse/2019/sedan</a>. That Site workes
        <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.edmunds.com/buick/lacrosse/2019/sedan">www.edmunds.com/buick/lacrosse/2019/sedan</a>. Sorry!!
      Looks OK.  Edmunds is a legitimate site.
    The other site should be reported for copyright infringement.  The
    other bogus site is identical so clearly somebody has used
    copy-righted material especially the images and the text
    description.  It could be that both sites belong to the same
    person.  The "whois" I am using is down at the moment so can't check
    it.<br>
          yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 950 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows.</div>

--------------010700010603080403030707--
0
UTF
7/10/2018 4:08:50 PM
On 7/10/2018 12:08 PM, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
> On 10/07/2018 16:46, Frank wrote:

>>> You are right. Typo error is mine. Link should be
>>> www.edmunds.com/buick/lacrosse/2019/sedan. Sorry!!
>>>
>> Looks OK.  Edmunds is a legitimate site.
>
> The other site should be reported for copyright infringement.  The other
> bogus site is identical so clearly somebody has used copy-righted
> material especially the images and the text description.  It could be
> that both sites belong to the same person.  The "whois" I am using is
> down at the moment so can't check it.
>

> --
> With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer
> satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.
The "other site" is redirection to the Edmunds site, that's why it looks
the same. Take a look in the URL bar when you click the link to the
"other site."  My guess is that Edmunds owns both domain names.
Dave Pyles
0
Dave
7/10/2018 4:28:57 PM
On 07/10/2018 05:41 AM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

> is a ligament site

  Ligament? Are you attached to that?

--
James Moe