Autoscroll broken

WinXP Pro sp2, Firefox 1.5

The Autoscroll function isn't working.  Enabling it, clicking OK, and
then trying to use it, nothing happens.  Re-entering the prefs panel,
it's unchecked.

Are there any extensions known to interfere with this?

--
Jeffrey Kaplan                                         www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled             Send personal mail to gordol

Peter's Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord, #153.
My Legions of Terror will be an equal-opportunity employer. Conversely,
when it is prophesied that no man can defeat me, I will keep in mind
the increasing number of non-traditional gender roles.
0
Jeffrey
1/12/2006 6:44:59 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24195 articles. 7 followers. Post Follow

Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:

> WinXP Pro sp2, Firefox 1.5
>
> The Autoscroll function isn't working.  Enabling it, clicking OK, and
> then trying to use it, nothing happens.  Re-entering the prefs panel,
> it's unchecked.
>
> Are there any extensions known to interfere with this?

try updating the drivers
0
gwtc
1/12/2006 9:34:20 PM
On 01/12/06 13:44, Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
> WinXP Pro sp2, Firefox 1.5
>
> The Autoscroll function isn't working.  Enabling it, clicking OK, and
> then trying to use it, nothing happens.  Re-entering the prefs panel,
> it's unchecked.
>
> Are there any extensions known to interfere with this?

To see if your extensions could be interfering, try starting Firefox in
safe mode [1].

[1] <URL:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode>
--
Yay!
0
On 01/15/06 12:25, Matt Nordhoff wrote:
> On 01/12/06 13:44, Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
>> WinXP Pro sp2, Firefox 1.5
>>
>> The Autoscroll function isn't working.  Enabling it, clicking OK, and
>> then trying to use it, nothing happens.  Re-entering the prefs panel,
>> it's unchecked.
>>
>> Are there any extensions known to interfere with this?
>
> To see if your extensions could be interfering, try starting Firefox in
> safe mode [1].
>
> [1] <URL:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode>

Or, try a new profile:

<URL:http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile>
--
Yay!
0

Firefox 3.0 has broken the little AppleScript support remaining in Firefox
Name: James Yost Email: mrpersonatearthlinkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0 has broken the little AppleScript support remaining in Firefox Comments: In previous versions of Firefox there was slight AppleScript support. Version 3 has broken what remained (i.e. properties of window n). The Macintosh community would welcome more AppleScript support - At least a "do javascript" command from AppleScript would help a great deal. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 From URL: http...

Broken, Broken, Broken
Name: Randy Jones Email: rjonesatisfladotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Broken, Broken, Broken Comments: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 1)Cannot sort by name my bookmarks; 2) When trying to "fly down" to a bookmark, the menus reqularily close and I have to start over; 3) What happened to address history at the right end of the address bar. You have obviously made this browser "pretty" but it is broken, broken, broken. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9....

UTF-8 support broken since Firefox 2
Name: AndiDog Product: Firefox Summary: UTF-8 support broken since Firefox 2 Comments: Characters like � � � � are displayed as ? in Firefox 2.0, whereas it worked in 1.5.0.7 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

French Dictionary support broken in Firefox 3.5 (amongst other extensions)
Why does Mozilla break lots of addons/extensions with every new "improved" release ? With 3.5 there is no French dictionary that works anymore. Hey, French is a major language. Isn't language support essential for a browser ? Mozilla should: a) Write the rules for addons so that they are not broken when you update b) Provide basic language support for the world's principal languages I have seen others complain about this, but obviously it is not a high priority for Mozilla. It should be because this is a major defect that will cause people to switch browsers. On ...

Firefox is broken
Name: Bud Breeding Email: budagbatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox is broken Comments: Re: Firefox 3.0.5 I have been an avid supporter/user of Firefox for several years! but cannot continue to support/use this product. I am sick and tired of repeated "Firefox has encountered a problem and needs to close" messages, and the loss of everything I was doing at the time. This seems to happen at anytime without reason...usually within my yahoo mail session. Time for Mozilla/Firefox to get back to basics that made it the desirable browser it was! ...

Firefox support
I have been experimenting around with Mozilla's Firefox browser, here are my questions: 1. has anyone else been looking into this, if so what have you found for compatibility 2. I have found that only 1 of the page layouts render correctly in Firefox, does anyone know why, or if this is being worked on? Thanks again for your time and knowledge 1. has anyone else been looking into this, if so what have you found for compatibility Some of the html editors don't work that well or at all in FF. 2. I have found that only 1 of the page layouts render correctly in Firefox, does an...

firefox support
Name: hen Product: Firefox Summary: firefox support Comments: firefox should support Firefox 2.x.x.x and 3.x.x - 5 years to 7 years should be good support Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox is broken...
Name: Bill Weiss Email: vandbweissatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox is broken... Comments: Subject: What's wrong? After using Firefox for years, it started to act unpredictably about 2 weeks ago. I upgraded to v.3 and for a while everything seemed back to normal (except for the obvious 'me too' look). Now, Firefox v.3 stopped working: I downloaded the v3.01 upgrade via Explorer and it failed to work, giving an error about a corrupted or improperly installed file; when I de-installed v3.X and went back to v2.X, it failed to work, th...

Broken Firefox
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Broken Firefox Comments: The current version of firefox is all messed-up: it won't accept adobe flash-player, and itjust keeps asking me to re-install it, but the installation always fails. So I'm having to use Internet Explorer, which I hate - but I have no choice. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not ...

FIREFOX BROKEN
Name: donald gerbing Email: dgerbingatwidotrrdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: FIREFOX BROKEN Comments: HELP FIREFOX IS BROKEN Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox is broken
Name: rodm Email: rodm1406atyahoodotco.uk Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox is broken Comments: The 'Content/Manage File Types' window is always empty, and Firefox cannot deal with media files for which I have the codecs installed. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Firefox broken-down
Hi, I am running FF 3.5.2/opensuse 11.1. Don'T know exactly when, but I made a zypper up and installed a new addon (cockiemonster) when FF began to behave strange. In the addon panel I was always told to restart FF to finish intallation, but that didn't work. Session management by the corresponding addon didn't work any longer. By and by I removed everything from ~/.mozilla/firefox, but FF started unimpressed, showing me my addons in the panel and telling me to finish the addon installation. He? I cleaned up the config dir, why does FF knows something about the addons I ...

Firefox autoscroll
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080609080204000205020906 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi all, I don't like the autoscroll in Forefox. Well, actually, it's a great feature, what I don't like is that it scrolls too fast for comfortable reading (at least, on my machine it does). So I wrote my own autoscroll.js as a drop-in replacement for the supplied one. It allows much slower scrolling and accelerates non-linearly for fast scrolling. It has two diagnostic lines (156 & 1...

FIrefox support
I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here and no replies - I'm used to the old Netscape support group that seemed to be very involved in anyone's issues - a lot of discussion and support. Does anyone have suggestions for links for technical support for Firefox browser? I like the browser and would like to switch over from Netscape but I need some help. Appreciate any ideas and links. On 23.09.2007 01:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused technical80@yahoo.com to generate the following:? : > I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here ...

firefox broken?
Name: les barrett Email: sifsifatntlworlddotcom Product: Firefox Summary: firefox broken? Comments: Hi, I was using Firefox quite happily for the last couple of years, responded to the offer of a new version and downloaded it. Do I want to restart now or leave it ? So I chose restart later. As I was closing down the computer some time later a window appeared saying up dates were being installed. I was unsure about this, I did not know for sure what updates it was talking about so I quickly switched off at the wall. Next day Firefox would not work, I kept getting an &#...

Web resources about - Autoscroll broken - mozilla.support.firefox

Ask Rick: problems with Autoscroll on Microsoft Word
How to stop automatic scrolling in a Microsoft Word document

App Store - Tweet - iPad edition for Twitter
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Tweet - iPad edition for Twitter on the App Store. Download Tweet - ...

Firefox release history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Second Firefox 1.1 alpha release. Blazing fast backwards and forwards (FastBack), drag-and-drop tab reordering, improved pop-up blocking, error ...

.:: TuxGuitar ::. Open Source Tablature Editor :: TuxGuitar
TuxGuitar Official Web Site. TuxGuitar is an opensource multitrack tablature editor. You can read and write Guitar Pro files using TuxGuitar. ...

Video Home - CBSSports.com
Amy Trask joined Adam Schein to discuss if she's ever seen anything like the Incognito/Martin situation in the NFL before and whether Jonathan ...

The making of Writing Aid — behind the scenes of app development
... I think the result was amazing. The view is small, but fits its purpose. You can see about three synonyms at once but the fact that it autoscrolls ...

Price Drop: Ultimate Guitar Tabs
... multiple variations • Free daily updates • Оffline access to favorite tabs • Quick search by type, difficulty, tuning and rating • Autoscroll ...

How to Open Password Protected PDF Documents
There are sometimes genuine reasons to unlock or crack a password protected PDF file. You have the legal right to open the encrypted PDF document ...

Fantasy News
Hosts Jorge Sedano and Nando Di Fino fill you in on what you should expect from CBSSports.com's hottest new show Fantasy Baseball 360. Watch ...