Auto play of videos_ads

On a win7 64bit box I have installed FF 53.03 (32-bit).

Every flipping video in every ad or on every site autoplays. My v 35.xx on
my XP box does not do this and I would like that the Win7 box play zero
vidoes without me clicking for them to do so. Give me an arrow to click and
I'm good with that... but this can't be accepted as is.

How do I fix this?

mozilla.support.firefox 23759 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

--------------090003010002040006010901

On 19/06/2017 03:32, R D wrote:
> On a win7 64bit box I have installed FF 53.03 (32-bit).
>
> Every flipping video in every ad or on every site autoplays. My v 35.xx on
> my XP box does not do this and I would like that the Win7 box play zero
> vidoes without me clicking for them to do so. Give me an arrow to click and
> I'm good with that... but this can't be accepted as is.
>
> How do I fix this?
>

> Thanks

You can't stop ads in youtube videos by watching online but you can
download the videos and play them offline.  Have you thought of this idea?

After downloading and watching them, you can delete them!! Also, you can
create a text file of links of those videos just in case you would like
to view them again.  Of course, if this is the case then you don't have
to delete them from your HD.

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

--------------090003010002040006010901

  <head>
  </head>
cite="mid:mailman.496.1497842753.27966.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">On a win7 64bit box I have installed FF 53.03 (32-bit).

Every flipping video in every ad or on every site autoplays. My v 35.xx on
my XP box does not do this and I would like that the Win7 box play zero
vidoes without me clicking for them to do so. Give me an arrow to click and
I'm good with that... but this can't be accepted as is.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

</pre>
        You can't stop ads in youtube videos by watching online but you
        can download the videos and play them offline.  Have you thought
        of this idea?<br>
        After downloading and watching them, you can delete them!!
        Also, you can create a text file of links of those videos just
        in case you would like to view them again.  Of course, if this
        is the case then you don't have to delete them from your HD.<br>
          yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 500 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows.</div>

--------------090003010002040006010901--
0
Good
6/19/2017 4:26:22 AM
"Good Guy" <hello.world@example.com> wrote in message
On 19/06/2017 03:32, R D wrote:

On a win7 64bit box I have installed FF 53.03 (32-bit).

Every flipping video in every ad or on every site autoplays. My v 35.xx on
my XP box does not do this and I would like that the Win7 box play zero
vidoes without me clicking for them to do so. Give me an arrow to click and
I'm good with that... but this can't be accepted as is.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

You can't stop ads in youtube videos by watching online but you can download
the videos and play them offline.  Have you thought of this idea?

After downloading and watching them, you can delete them!!  Also, you can
create a text file of links of those videos just in case you would like to
view them again.  Of course, if this is the case then you don't have to
delete them from your HD.

Not talking about YouTube ads. Every flipping video in every ad or on every
site autoplays. Every single advertisement on every single webpage plays. I
do not want any video on any page to auto play, YouTube may actually be
about the only exception to that.

On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 22:32:58 -0400, "R D" <ENTEREMAILADDY@THIS.LINE>
wrote in
<mailman.496.1497842753.27966.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>

>On a win7 64bit box I have installed FF 53.03 (32-bit).
>
>Every flipping video in every ad or on every site autoplays. My v 35.xx on
>my XP box does not do this and I would like that the Win7 box play zero
>vidoes without me clicking for them to do so. Give me an arrow to click and
>I'm good with that... but this can't be accepted as is.
>
>How do I fix this?

Try Flash Control add-on
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-control/?src=ss

or any of the other Flash Control add-ons.
CRNG
6/19/2017 12:06:25 PM
Good Guy wrote:
> On 19/06/2017 03:32, R D wrote:
>> On a win7 64bit box I have installed FF 53.03 (32-bit).
>>
>> Every flipping video in every ad or on every site autoplays. My v
>> 35.xx on
>> my XP box does not do this and I would like that the Win7 box play zero
>> vidoes without me clicking for them to do so. Give me an arrow to
>> click and
>> I'm good with that... but this can't be accepted as is.
>>
>> How do I fix this?
>>

>> Thanks
>>

> You can't stop ads in youtube videos by watching online but you can
> download the videos and play them offline.  Have you thought of this idea?
>
> After downloading and watching them, you can delete them!! Also, you can
> create a text file of links of those videos just in case you would like
> to view them again.  Of course, if this is the case then you don't have
> to delete them from your HD.

If you use an ad blocker, you will see much less advertising on YouTube.
  Adblock Plus or uBlock Origin with subscriptions seems to block most
of it.

0
EE
6/19/2017 6:30:25 PM
R D wrote:
> "Good Guy" <hello.world@example.com> wrote in message
> On 19/06/2017 03:32, R D wrote:
>
> On a win7 64bit box I have installed FF 53.03 (32-bit).
>
> Every flipping video in every ad or on every site autoplays. My v 35.xx on
> my XP box does not do this and I would like that the Win7 box play zero
> vidoes without me clicking for them to do so. Give me an arrow to click and
> I'm good with that... but this can't be accepted as is.
>
> How do I fix this?
>

> Thanks
>

> You can't stop ads in youtube videos by watching online but you can download
> the videos and play them offline.  Have you thought of this idea?
>
> After downloading and watching them, you can delete them!!  Also, you can
> create a text file of links of those videos just in case you would like to
> view them again.  Of course, if this is the case then you don't have to
> delete them from your HD.
>

> Not talking about YouTube ads. Every flipping video in every ad or on every
> site autoplays. Every single advertisement on every single webpage plays. I
> do not want any video on any page to auto play, YouTube may actually be
> about the only exception to that.

If the ads are Flash ads, you can stop them by setting Flash to "Ask to
Activate" and with Firefox, to control plugins per item rather than per
site, there is an extension called "Click to Play per Element" which
works to set it that way.
If the ads are HTML5, you can set, in about:config,
"media.autoplay.enabled" to false.

0
EE
--------------17270461BE82118D0D7A12CA

On 19/06/2017 11:21, R D wrote:
> "Good Guy" <hello.world@example.com> wrote in message
> On 19/06/2017 03:32, R D wrote:
>
> On a win7 64bit box I have installed FF 53.03 (32-bit).
>
> Every flipping video in every ad or on every site autoplays. My v 35.xx on
> my XP box does not do this and I would like that the Win7 box play zero
> vidoes without me clicking for them to do so. Give me an arrow to click and
> I'm good with that... but this can't be accepted as is.
>
> How do I fix this?

It looks like that HTML5 youTube videos will always have ads while on
XP, HTML5 videos don't apply.  I am just guessing here because when I
was using XP, HTML5 was very much in development and so browsers didn't
support it.  Now we are in 2017 and HTML5 is de-facto standard and so
YouTube is milking anything possible to make use of it and pump out ads
to make profit for them.

You can try this YouTube downloader:

<http://en.savefrom.net/1-how-to-download-youtube-video/>

The have also a web interface on which you enter the address and then it
will allow you to download the video.  After downloading it, you don't
get any ads.

--

cite="mid:mailman.496.1497875334.27965.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org">
      <pre wrap="">"Good Guy" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:hello.world@example.com">&lt;hello.world@example.com&gt;</a> wrote in message
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:mailman.497.1497846414.27966.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org">news:mailman.497.1497846414.27966.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org</a>...
On 19/06/2017 03:32, R D wrote:

On a win7 64bit box I have installed FF 53.03 (32-bit).

Every flipping video in every ad or on every site autoplays. My v 35.xx on
my XP box does not do this and I would like that the Win7 box play zero
vidoes without me clicking for them to do so. Give me an arrow to click and
I'm good with that... but this can't be accepted as is.

How do I fix this?

</pre>
    It looks like that HTML5 youTube videos will always have ads while
    on XP, HTML5 videos don't apply.  I am just guessing here because
    when I was using XP, HTML5 was very much in development and so
    browsers didn't support it.  Now we are in 2017 and HTML5 is
    de-facto standard and so YouTube is milking anything possible to
    make use of it and pump out ads to make profit for them.<br>
    You can try this YouTube downloader:<br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="http://en.savefrom.net/1-how-to-download-youtube-video/">&lt;http://en.savefrom.net/1-how-to-download-youtube-video/&gt;</a><br>
    The have also a web interface on which you enter the address and
    then it will allow you to download the video.  After downloading it,
    you don't get any ads.<br>
cite="mid:mailman.496.1497875334.27965.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org">
      <pre wrap="">

</pre>
        yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align: center;
        margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 500 million devices now
        running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any
        previous version of windows.</div>

--------------17270461BE82118D0D7A12CA--
0
Good
6/19/2017 9:08:26 PM
"EE" <nunya@bees.wax> wrote in message
>R D wrote:
>> "Good Guy" <hello.world@example.com> wrote in message
>> On 19/06/2017 03:32, R D wrote:
>>
>> On a win7 64bit box I have installed FF 53.03 (32-bit).
>>
>> Every flipping video in every ad or on every site autoplays. My v 35.xx
>> on
>> my XP box does not do this and I would like that the Win7 box play zero
>> vidoes without me clicking for them to do so. Give me an arrow to click
>> and
>> I'm good with that... but this can't be accepted as is.
>>
>> How do I fix this?
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> You can't stop ads in youtube videos by watching online but you can
>> download
>> the videos and play them offline.  Have you thought of this idea?
>>
>> After downloading and watching them, you can delete them!!  Also, you can
>> create a text file of links of those videos just in case you would like
>> view them again.  Of course, if this is the case then you don't have to
>> delete them from your HD.
>>

>> Not talking about YouTube ads. Every flipping video in every ad or on
>> every
>> site autoplays. Every single advertisement on every single webpage plays.
>> do not want any video on any page to auto play, YouTube may actually be
>> about the only exception to that.
>>

> If the ads are Flash ads, you can stop them by setting Flash to "Ask to
> Activate" and with Firefox, to control plugins per item rather than per
> site, there is an extension called "Click to Play per Element" which works
> to set it that way.
> If the ads are HTML5, you can set, in about:config,
> "media.autoplay.enabled" to false.

Thanks...

The combination of these three seem, in the short term, anyhow, to have done
the trick.