any alternative pdf plugin for 64 bit FF?

Hi Guys,

    Does anyone know of an alternative PDF plugin, other than
AcroRead's plugins, for 64 bit Linux Firefox?

Many thanks,
-T
0
Todd

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 8:21 PM, Todd and Margo Chester <
ToddMargoChester@invalid.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
>   Does anyone know of an alternative PDF plugin, other than
> AcroRead's plugins, for 64 bit Linux Firefox?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

I do know that okular should work if you're using a KDE based distro -- try
installing it and seeing how it works out?
0
clarjon1
9/6/2011 3:51:55 AM
On 09/05/2011 08:51 PM, clarjon1 wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 8:21 PM, Todd and Margo Chester<
> ToddMargoChester@invalid.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>>    Does anyone know of an alternative PDF plugin, other than
>> AcroRead's plugins, for 64 bit Linux Firefox?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> -T
>

> I do know that okular should work if you're using a KDE based distro -- try
> installing it and seeing how it works out?

Not finding an Okular firefox plugin.  :'(
0
Todd
9/7/2011 1:39:28 AM
On 9/6/2011 9:39 PM, Todd and Margo Chester wrote:
> On 09/05/2011 08:51 PM, clarjon1 wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 8:21 PM, Todd and Margo Chester<
>> ToddMargoChester@invalid.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> Does anyone know of an alternative PDF plugin, other than
>>> AcroRead's plugins, for 64 bit Linux Firefox?
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>> -T
>>

>> I do know that okular should work if you're using a KDE based distro
>> -- try
>> installing it and seeing how it works out?
>
> Not finding an Okular firefox plugin. :'(
Okular is not a plugin, it's a replacement for Adobe Reader (AcroRead).
Dave Pyles

0
Dave
9/7/2011 2:00:39 AM
Todd and Margo Chester <ToddMargoChester@invalid.com> wrote in

> Hi Guys,
>
>     Does anyone know of an alternative PDF plugin, other than
> AcroRead's plugins, for 64 bit Linux Firefox?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

A quick search turned up this discussion on embedding PDFs using
Evince with Mozplugger in Firefox:
It's a long thread, but in March 2009 it starts talking about 64-bit.

I don't have a 64-bit Linux VM handy for testing.  Let us know if you
get it to work!

0
Mark
9/7/2011 2:01:37 AM
On 6 sep, 23:01, Mark Blain <mbla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Todd and Margo Chester <ToddMargoChes...@invalid.com> wrote innews:W9KdnR=
Mb58jt-vjTnZ2dnUVZ_vydnZ2d@mozilla.org:

> > Hi Guys,
>
> > =A0 =A0 Does anyone know of an alternative PDF plugin, other than
> > AcroRead's plugins, for 64 bit Linux Firefox?
>
> > Many thanks,
> > -T
>
> A quick search turned up this discussion on embedding PDFs using =A0
> Evince with Mozplugger in Firefox:http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.p=
hp/t-25685.html
> It's a long thread, but in March 2009 it starts talking about 64-bit.
>
> I don't have a 64-bit Linux VM handy for testing. =A0Let us know if you
> get it to work!

Hi, I,m Argentinian so sorry for my english lacks.
I was looking for a solution and I foud this
http://blogdrake.net/blog/motitos/truco-para-usar-evince-u-okular-empotrado=
-en-opera-mozilla-y-chromium
They talk about using evince or okular to open pdf in firefox, opera
and chromium.
This are the steps:
 Install mozplugger sudo apt-get install mozplugger

0
Nico
9/17/2011 11:52:18 PM
On 17 sep, 20:52, Nico <nicopalavec...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 sep, 23:01, Mark Blain <mbla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Todd and Margo Chester <ToddMargoChes...@invalid.com> wrote innews:W9Kd=
nRMb58jt-vjTnZ2dnUVZ_vydnZ2d@mozilla.org:

> > > Hi Guys,
>
> > > =A0 =A0 Does anyone know of an alternative PDF plugin, other than
> > > AcroRead's plugins, for 64 bit Linux Firefox?
>
> > > Many thanks,
> > > -T
>
> > A quick search turned up this discussion on embedding PDFs using =A0
> > Evince with Mozplugger in Firefox:http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index=
..php/t-25685.html
> > It's a long thread, but in March 2009 it starts talking about 64-bit.
>
> > I don't have a 64-bit Linux VM handy for testing. =A0Let us know if you
> > get it to work!
>
> Hi, I,m Argentinian so sorry for my english lacks.
> I was looking for a solution and I foud this http://blogdrake.net/blog/mo=
titos/truco-para-usar-evince-u-okular-emp...
> They talk about using evince or okular to open pdf in firefox, opera
> and chromium.
> This are the steps:
> =A0Install mozplugger sudo apt-get install mozplugger

sorry, I hit "send" before I finished.
Again:
 -Install mozplugger sudo apt-get install mozplugger
 -As root edit /etc/mozpluggerrc and comment the line define(ACROREAD,
[repeat swallow(acroread) fill : acroread -openInNewWindow /a
"$fragment" "$file"])
 -Add the line define(ACROREAD, [repeat swallow(okular) fill
needs_xembed : okular "$file"]) if you want to use evince just replace
okular with evince (twice). Maybe it can work with other pdf viewers,
I didn't try. :)
 -Restart your browser
I can confirm it's working under Kubuntu 11.04 with Firefox 6.0.2 and
Okular.

Hope it helps!
Nicol=E1s Palavecino
0
Nico

SQL 8 support for 64 bit OS and 64 BIT OS, 64 BIT BUS Support, technical white paper, documentation, examples and success stories for SQL 8 if any please
SQL Anywhere Associates!! Is SQL 8 support 64 bit OS and 64 BIT OS, 64 BIT BUS Support, technical white paper, documentation, examples and success stories for SQL 8 if any please.... Thanks Vairam I believe that SQL Anywhere Studio is currently only released in a 32-bit format. TO the extent that 32-bit applications can run on a 64-bit OS, you can use ASA on a 64-bit system. -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Please reply only to the newsgroup ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm -> Cho...

SQL 8 support for 64 bit OS and 64 BIT OS, 64 BIT BUS Support, technical white paper, documentation, examples and success stories for SQL 8 if any please
SQL Anywhere Associates!! Is SQL 8 support 64 bit OS and 64 BIT OS, 64 BIT BUS Support, technical white paper, documentation, examples and success stories for SQL 8 if any please.... Thanks Vairam Is there any particular 64 bit OS that you are interested in hearing about? - Mark VS Vairam wrote: > > SQL Anywhere Associates!! > Is SQL 8 support 64 bit OS and 64 BIT OS, 64 BIT BUS Support, technical > white paper, documentation, examples and success stories for SQL 8 if any > please.... > > Thanks > > Vairam WINDOWS all flavours...

64-bit TB needs 64-bit plugins
Is it true? Can it use 32-bit plugins? -- @~@ You have the right to remain silent. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! /( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you! ^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3 不借貸! 不詐騙! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 請考慮綜援 (CSSA): http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa In article <dOadnXN0re6DudjTnZ2dnUVZ_sydnZ2d@mozilla.org>, toylet.toylet@gmail.com says... > > Is it true? Can it use 32-bit plugins? No, it cannot use 32b plugins, nether FF can. It is general rule for every 64bit application, that it...

Firefox 64-bit support
Name: Albert Wiersch Email: supportathtmlvalidatordotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 64-bit support Comments: I'm surprised there's no Windows 64-bit support in Firefox 3.5. Please provide an x64 Windows version of Firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Create a production build of Firefox for Microsoft 64-bit OSs (Vista 64, MS Windows 2008 Server 64-bit)
Name: Dmitry Viazmin Email: dmitrydotviazminattutdotby Product: Firefox Summary: Create a production build of Firefox for Microsoft 64-bit OSs (Vista 64, MS Windows 2008 Server 64-bit) Comments: Hi, It would be great to get a production build of Firefox for Microsoft 64-bit OSs (Vista 64, MS Windows 2008 Server 64-bit). Do you plan to do that? Best Regards, Dmitry Viazmin Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a...

ASE 64 bit AMD 64 Xeon 32 bit and Support
Got a question for the experts. We are looking at moving to Linux RH ES 3 or 4 for our production and backup databases. We have been running ASE on Linux as our development database for a couple of years with out any troubles. Currently ASE SBE on RHES 3. Question #1: I noticed ASE has a "released" status for AMD 64. What type of support does Sybase provide for released vs certified. I would not want our support contract to be useless if we run the 64 bit version. Question #2: Our backup server would be a 32 bit Xeon based machine. Any troubles/pitfalls doing ...

64 bit firefox + flash + java plugins?
Is it possible to use 64bit firefox with flash and java plugins (which only come 32 bit)? I tried a symbolic link from /usr/lib/browser-plugins/libflashplayer.so to /usr/lib64/browser-plugins but no success. Are 64 bit users still forced to install 32 bit firefox? Isn't it time to start developping 64 bit plugins, since this problem is getting irritating, with every new release of a distro again the same 64 bit problems... And oh is there a special 64 bit section on the forum? Couldn't find it and I know there used to be one on suseforums.net greetz -- suskewie...

64 bit cpu // 64 bit Os version // 64 bit powerbuilder?
Hi guys, Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? Kind regards A 64-bit version of PB does not (yet) exist. -- HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be Also check out my PB Reference site : http://www.pbinfo.be "Gunther Huygens" <ghuygens@be.xrt.com> wrote in message news:eoSjDRaCDHA.331@forums-1-dub... > Hi guys, > > Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? > > Kind regards > > > > Since there are no OS Windows 64 bits, i wonder how it could be possible. Since there is a 64 bi...

Proper Adobe Flash in 64 bit KUbuntu Linux with Firefox on 64 bit AMD processor? ; jor
What is the proper way to get Adobe Flash running in 64 bit KUbuntu Linux with Firefox on a 64 bit AMD processor? Adobe says they have discontinued work on their 64 bit version for now. Is it ok to use the only version of AF 10.1 they make available for linux on a KUbuntu 10.4 AND 64 bit version, running FF? On #firefox on irc: kbrosnan: 32 bit won't work by default, your distro may have a way to run 32 bit firefox or a program called nspluginwrapper can allow you to run 32 bit flash in 64 bit firefox Any idea what the proper way for Ubuntu is? Thanks :) ...

halt&blue screen-firefox on AMD 4200 64 bit with MS XP pro 64 bit
Name: walter Email: walter_at_baziuk.name Product: Firefox Summary: halt&blue screen-firefox on AMD 4200 64 bit with MS XP pro 64 bit Comments: after using firefox for a day, it starting to crash more often and give me a blue screen each time. this now occurs with 2 mintues after starting firefox. xp pro does not catch the firefox crash. xp pro dies with a blue screen halt- no way to catch what/where the issue is. has it been tested with xp pro 64 bit? has it been tested on a 64 bit 2 cpu AMD? i have uninstalled firefox as i need to use the new PC. unfortunately...

Beta 3: Flash plugin present in FF, but not working (64-bit)
I wonder if this is a bug or temporary beta thing, because there are no non-oss repos available yet, so it is not fully configured with non-oss stuff. 11.0 had flash working out of the box. about:plugins shows that I have both the nspluginwrapper and Flash player installed, but Flash does not work (pages act as if there is no flash installed). I noticed this both on Beta2 and now on Beta3. On beta2 all I had to do was to reinstall the flash plugin from 11.0 repo. So, should I file one, or is this expected of beta? -- Zonei -----------------------------------------------...

Firefox 3.6.3 does not works with java 64 bits plugin
Name: neodarkman Email: vnlinuxatbrturbodotcomdotbr Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6.3 does not works with java 64 bits plugin Comments: Firefox 3.6.3 does not works with java 64 bits plugin in jre-6u19-linux-x64.bin (linking /jre1.60_19/lib/amd64/libnpjp.so to /firefox/plugins/). The firefox dos not recongnize this plugin. Sorry my english, Iḿ brazilian My system is: Kubuntu 9.10 + updates 64 Bit version Core2Quad kernel: Linux core2quad 2.6.31-20-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 12 04:38:19 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux Thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X1...

Unittests and 64-bit support for Gecko 2.0 / Firefox 4
The topic of Windows 7 unittest status on https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/2010-07-13 reminded me of a related question, which is status of unittests on 64-bit platforms. If 64-bit is going to be supported for Gecko 2.0 / Firefox 4 (is it?), it seems like it ought to be passing tests. If so, should we be tracking progress of this like we're tracking progress of getting Windows 7 to pass tests (above)? The current status (from looking at TBPL) seems to be: * Linux 64-bit is at parity with 32-bit * OS X 64-bit (which we test on 10.6) is at parity with 32-bit (which w...

is there a support for 128 bit at 64 bit delphi?
Hi, There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit to 64 bit. It needs 66 bit to store :/ Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd number as string, output should be hexadecimal number as string. What is the pratical way to do this? Thank you. Am 22.02.2012 19:20, schrieb Mehmet Fide: > Hi, > > There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit to 64 bit. It > needs 66 bit to store :/ Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number > to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd numbe...

Web resources about - any alternative pdf plugin for 64 bit FF? - mozilla.support.firefox

Alternative Press - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Alternative Press is an American music magazine based in Cleveland, Ohio . It generally provides readers with band interviews, photos, information ...

FS1 is becoming the ESPN alternative nobody wanted
Back in Fox Sports 1's early days in 2013, there was a lot of talk about the network as "an alternative to the establishment" (ESPN), but there ...

Thanksgiving entree alternatives to turkey - Business Insider Deutschland
You don't need a whole-roasted turkey to have an incredible Thanksgiving.

The UK is beating the US in the peer-to-peer alternative lending market — here's why
The UK generated nearly $2.3 billion in peer-to-peer (P2P) loans in 2014, making its alternative lending market the largest in the world on a ...

Neither Alternative Is Attractive
(Don Boudreaux) Tweet Here’s a letter to a bank president: Mr. Keith Mestrich, President Amalgamated Bank Mr. Mestrich: In an e-mail sent ...

A juicy alternative for the health-conscious
Plenty of Americans are on the juice these days, Nancy Giles says

In Sailfish struggles, a cautionary tale for alternative mobile OSes
With Android and iOS dominating the mobile operating system market, it's tough going for alternatives like Sailfish, now in survival mode as ...

Why I Don’t Read Alternative History Novels
Ten timeless classics publishers would be crazy to pass on

What's your most beloved 'alternative' sports game?
Before big publishers sought to buy up every license known to man, there was an influx of amazing alternative sports games. Mario has somewhat ...

10 Tablet, Notebook Alternatives to Apple's iPad Pro
The iPad Pro may be the perfect PC replacement, but it's not buyers' only choice. Here are 10 alternatives to the iPad Pro, including both tablets ...