Another thing

I found this info about the previews.
REMEMBER THE PREFERENCES in your CATALOG had the IMPORT PREVIEW TO BE AT
MINIMUM for a faster import

at any time, select multiple photos in the Grid view of the Library
module and choose Library > Previews > Render 1:1 Previews. Let
Lightroom process the images before you start to work on them.

Keep standard-size previews as small as possible

Because rendering standard previews takes time, don’t make Lightroom
crunch harder than it has to. Keeping standard previews small also helps
reduce the size of the preview file cache, which speeds performance and
saves on hard disk space.

To make standard previews small, specify the appropriate the size and
quality in the Catalog Settings dialog box:

     Choose Edit >  Catalog Settings (Windows) or Lightroom > Catalog
Settings (Mac OS), and then select File Handling.

     For Standard Preview Size, choose the amount that is closest to the
longest edge of your screen resolution, but not shorter than it. For
example, if your screen resolution is 1920 x 1200 pixels, choose
Standard Preview Size > 2048 Pixels.

     For Preview Quality, choose Low or Medium, which equates to the
low- or mid-range of the quality scale for JPEG files.
0
RoseW
4/12/2018 12:25:48 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24313 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

My apologies....I did an email while in Thunderbird but did not notice I
was still in the newsgroup.