Adobe flash KUbuntu 10.04 flashplugin-installer AMD 64bit, "You need to upgrade your flash player. Download it from Adobe."; jor MozFirefox

I can't get flash working now.  It was working maybe a month ago, but
then stopped, & I haven't tired since then.

The latest message is:
"You need to upgrade your flash player. Download it from Adobe."

But, I've  tried installing it using the Ubuntu flashplugin-installer,
but it won't show up as installed.

==
I'm running Firefox direct from Mozilla, not ubuntu, to have the debug
ability on, for if a crash occurs.

I turned off flashblock & noscript, & restarted Firefox, then exited
firefox.

I purged flashplugin-installer, then reinstalled it.  It downloaded &
installed flash from adobe.

I ran firefox from the command line, choosing not to use the:
"-no-remote -P default",
which I use to run multiple copies of ff at once.

Before it started it asked which type of ff to run (using the names I've
given it for the multiple instances/topics I've set up).  I selected the
"default".

Still it fails to use the flash player on YouTube pages, giving the
"need to upgrade" error message.

==
How can this be fixed?

Thanks :)

==  Join in the Global weekly meetings, via VOIP, about all Free SW HW & Culture

giovanni_re
9/22/2010 8:09:55 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 24319 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

On Sep 22, 3:09=A0am, "giovanni_re" <john...@fastmail.us> wrote:
> I can't get flash working now. =A0It was working maybe a month ago, but
> then stopped, & I haven't tired since then.
>
> The latest message is:
> "You need to upgrade your flash player. Download it from Adobe."
>
> But, I've =A0tried installing it using the Ubuntu flashplugin-installer,
> but it won't show up as installed.
>
> =3D=3D
> I'm running Firefox direct from Mozilla, not ubuntu, to have the debug
> ability on, for if a crash occurs.
>
> I turned off flashblock & noscript, & restarted Firefox, then exited
> firefox.
>
> I purged flashplugin-installer, then reinstalled it. =A0It downloaded &
> installed flash from adobe.
>
> I ran firefox from the command line, choosing not to use the:
> "-no-remote -P default",
> which I use to run multiple copies of ff at once.
>
> Before it started it asked which type of ff to run (using the names I've
> given it for the multiple instances/topics I've set up). =A0I selected th=
> "default".
>
> Still it fails to use the flash player on YouTube pages, giving the
> "need to upgrade" error message.
>
> =3D=3D
> How can this be fixed?

Although I am using  64-bit Vista and do usually use Firefox, my
computer came with both 32-bit and 64-bit IE browsers. If you try to
use flash on the 64-bit browser, you are directed to go to Adobe to
update flash, but the update will not work. If you search the Adobe
site, you find that flash will not work using a 64-bit browser, and
the solution is to use a 32-bit browser. When I do that flash works
fine and will update. Adobe is supposed to fix this problem in the
next major upgrade of flash. Of course this is not your problem if you
are using a 32-bit browser, and I believe most browsers, including
Firefox, are 32-bit. The moral of this story is something is found
wrong when you try to use flash and the browser gives you a stock
answer to upgrade. When the upgrade then does not work, your problem
then likely lies elsewhere. I would try to contact Adobe from their
site to see if they can suggest anything and also post in any flash
forums or groups. I will be surprised if your problem is caused by
Firefox. Also if you have any other browsers that are supposed to work
on your system with flash, do you also have problems when using them.
If an Opera version for your system is available, that might be where
I would start.

0
cwdjrxyz
9/24/2010 5:59:17 PM
thanks cw :)

PS - I invite you to upgrade your operating system to GNU(Linux).=20
KUbuntu might be a great place to start.  :)

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:59:17 -0700 (PDT), "cwdjrxyz"
<spamtrap2@cwdjr.info> said:
> On Sep 22, 3:09=C2=A0am, "giovanni_re" <john...@fastmail.us> wrote:
> > I can't get flash working now. =C2=A0It was working maybe a month ago, =
but
> > then stopped, & I haven't tired since then.

> > =3D=3D
> > How can this be fixed?
>=20
> Although I am using  64-bit Vista and do usually use Firefox, my
> computer came with both 32-bit and 64-bit IE browsers. If you try to
> use flash on the 64-bit browser, you are directed to go to Adobe to
> update flash, but the update will not work. If you search the Adobe
> site, you find that flash will not work using a 64-bit browser, and
> the solution is to use a 32-bit browser. When I do that flash works
> fine and will update. Adobe is supposed to fix this problem in the
> next major upgrade of flash. Of course this is not your problem if you
> are using a 32-bit browser, and I believe most browsers, including
> Firefox, are 32-bit. The moral of this story is something is found
> wrong when you try to use flash and the browser gives you a stock
> answer to upgrade. When the upgrade then does not work, your problem
> then likely lies elsewhere. I would try to contact Adobe from their
> site to see if they can suggest anything and also post in any flash
> forums or groups. I will be surprised if your problem is caused by
> Firefox. Also if you have any other browsers that are supposed to work
> on your system with flash, do you also have problems when using them.
> If an Opera version for your system is available, that might be where
> I would start.

=3D=3D  Join in the Global weekly meetings, via VOIP, about all Free SW HW =
& Culture

giovanni_re
9/24/2010 10:45:55 PM
In article
<mailman.4368.1285368363.19132.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>,
   giovanni_re <john_re@fastmail.us> wrote:
> PS - I invite you to upgrade your operating system to GNU(Linux).
> KUbuntu might be a great place to start.  :)

Thereafter a downward spiral into madness.

D.

Dave
9/25/2010 7:15:23 AM
On 9/24/2010 1:59 PM, cwdjrxyz wrote:
> On Sep 22, 3:09 am, "giovanni_re"<john...@fastmail.us>  wrote:
>> I can't get flash working now.  It was working maybe a month ago, but
>> then stopped,&  I haven't tired since then.
>>
>> The latest message is:
>> "You need to upgrade your flash player. Download it from Adobe."
>>
>> But, I've  tried installing it using the Ubuntu flashplugin-installer,
>> but it won't show up as installed.
>>
>> ==
>> I'm running Firefox direct from Mozilla, not ubuntu, to have the debug
>> ability on, for if a crash occurs.
>>
>> I turned off flashblock&  noscript,&  restarted Firefox, then exited
>> firefox.
>>
>> I purged flashplugin-installer, then reinstalled it.  It downloaded&
>> installed flash from adobe.
>>
>> I ran firefox from the command line, choosing not to use the:
>> "-no-remote -P default",
>> which I use to run multiple copies of ff at once.
>>
>> Before it started it asked which type of ff to run (using the names I've
>> given it for the multiple instances/topics I've set up).  I selected the
>> "default".
>>
>> Still it fails to use the flash player on YouTube pages, giving the
>> "need to upgrade" error message.
>>
>> ==
>> How can this be fixed?
>
> Although I am using  64-bit Vista and do usually use Firefox, my
> computer came with both 32-bit and 64-bit IE browsers. If you try to
> use flash on the 64-bit browser, you are directed to go to Adobe to
> update flash, but the update will not work. If you search the Adobe
> site, you find that flash will not work using a 64-bit browser, and
> the solution is to use a 32-bit browser. When I do that flash works
> fine and will update. Adobe is supposed to fix this problem in the
> next major upgrade of flash. Of course this is not your problem if you
> are using a 32-bit browser, and I believe most browsers, including
> Firefox, are 32-bit. The moral of this story is something is found
> wrong when you try to use flash and the browser gives you a stock
> answer to upgrade. When the upgrade then does not work, your problem
> then likely lies elsewhere. I would try to contact Adobe from their
> site to see if they can suggest anything and also post in any flash
> forums or groups. I will be surprised if your problem is caused by
> Firefox. Also if you have any other browsers that are supposed to work
> on your system with flash, do you also have problems when using them.
> If an Opera version for your system is available, that might be where
> I would start.

(K)Ubuntu uses a wrapper around the 32-bit Flash plug-in, to make it
work on 64-bit Kubuntu supplied FF (and possibly others, but I haven't
tried them), which is installed if you install the 64-bit version of the
OS.  Works just fine on my system.

To the OP, I can't verify this at the moment, as I'm not on my Kubuntu
box at the moment, but the flash installer is probably putting the
plug-in in the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins directory.

You may need to copy/move it to the plugins directory of your local
installation of FF, wherever you installed it (/opt, /usr/local, or your
home directory).

--
Alex K.
0
On 25/09/10 08:15, Dave Symes wrote:

> Thereafter a downward spiral into madness.
>
> D.

Only if your subjective gene is dominant.
0
CHARLIE

Unable install Adobe Flash Player using "./firefox -no-remote -ProfileManager" ; jor
Firefox 3.6.8 on KUbuntu 10.4 64 bit. Running about 5 profiles at once. = It downloads, but then the browser says it was unable to install. I've got about 6 profiles set up. That is so that if one crashes, the others don't. I've got about 5 addon plugins installed - noscript, ghostery, flashblock, etc. I've checked their settings & don't see why flash won't install. = Anyone seen anything like that? ../firefox -no-remote -P BTIP == Join in the Global weekly meetings, via VOIP, about all Free SW HW & Culture http://sites.google...

Cannot install "Adobe Flash Player" plugin automatically.
Name: Tamer Sezgin Email: tamerdotsezginatgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Cannot install "Adobe Flash Player" plugin automatically. Comments: Firefox could not install this item because "install-3ok..rdf" (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist. Please contact the author about this problem. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Adobe Flash Player Plugin does not "take" when installed.
Name: JdH Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Adobe Flash Player Plugin does not "take" when installed. Comments: Web Site needed Adobe Flash Player Plugin. When clicked, the download appeared to work OK, but after Firefox Release Candidate restarted, web site still needed Adobe Flash Plugin - it did not "take" when "installed". Web Site: www.vocm.com (Radio Station News Site) Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ "JdH" &...

Firefox 3.04 and Firefox 3.1 Beta 1
Name: Thomas Domin Email: domindottomatgooglemaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.04 and Firefox 3.1 Beta 1 - ignore Adobe flash player 10 Comments: Flash Player 10 from Adobe/Macromedia was installed many times befor: Now is reading: You need to upgrade your Flash Player. Ekornes Stressless Catalouge if you're absolutely positive you have Flash 8 oe requires Macromedia Flash, version 8 or greater. Please click here to download. Or, if you're absolutely positive you have Flash 8 or greater, click here to force the site to load. From URL: http://hendrix....

No Flash support in Firefox 3.0.5 and Adobe flash 10
I am running the 64 bit openSUSE 11.1 and with firefox 3.0.5 and adobe flash 10 I firefox does not seem to see that I have flash installed. Here is a list of flash related plugins that I have installed vendion@Big-O:~> sudo zypper se flash Loading repository data... Reading installed packages... S | Name | Summary | Type --+-----------------------+---------------------------------------------------+----------- i | flash-player | Adobe Flash PlugIn and standalone Player | package | flash-player | Adobe...

I need help installing Adobe Flash Player 10
To start off I have just recently transfered from windows to linux. I wanted to start messing around with linux because it seems interesting but its a lot more difficult then Windows so far. Here is my situation First I went to this site 'Adobe - Adobe Flash Player' (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/) I first clicked on the RPM version. In the Instruction it says to type this into the Terminal and it said that after I hit enter it would instruct me to close out my browser Code: -------------------- #rpm uvh flash-plugin-10.0.45.2-release-i386.rpm -----------...

Help! "Bug!" The damned thing lets Adobe Flash player work!!!
Name: John H. Sangster Email: jhsangsteratverizondotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Help! "Bug!" The damned thing lets Adobe Flash player work!!! Comments: It is a truism in the computer field that a "feature" is merely a bug that is documented. I was enjoying the power of AdBlock Plus until more and more web sites started substituting Adobe Flash Player to implement moving ads, and jumpered out most of the workarounds that let me halt Flash Player ads (like right clicking and picking something that would occupy its little mind waiting for a further res...

Help! "Bug!" The damned thing lets Adobe Flash player work!!! #2
Name: John H. Sangster Email: jhsangsteratverizondotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Help! "Bug!" The damned thing lets Adobe Flash player work!!! Comments: It is a truism in the computer field that a "feature" is merely a bug that is documented. I was enjoying the power of AdBlock Plus until more and more web sites started substituting Adobe Flash Player to implement moving ads, and jumpered out most of the workarounds that let me halt Flash Player ads (like right clicking and picking something that would occupy its little mind waiting for a further res...

Latest upgrade of Adobe Flash Player does not install on Firefox 3.0 RC2
Name: Lawrence Email: Tiger_Tigeratmsndotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Latest upgrade of Adobe Flash Player does not install on Firefox 3.0 RC2 Comments: Can't play online flash videos such as YouTube Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Adobe Flash Player Plugin Download/ install Bug in Firefox Beta 3
Name: James Cue Email: jqball2uatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Adobe Flash Player Plugin Download/ install Bug in Firefox Beta 3 Comments: THREE times I installed the plugin and FOUR times Firefox tells me it needs to install it, then reboot (which I allowed it to do)! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Adobe Flash Player 10.1 will not install in Firefox 3.6.9
Name: Kester Product: Firefox Summary: Adobe Flash Player 10.1 will not install in Firefox 3.6.9 Comments: After updating to Firefox 3.6.9, I received a warning that I needed to update the Adobe Flash Player plugin. I tried to do this but when the download page appeared I also received a message stating a plugin needed to be updated in order to be able to operate the page. When I tried to download the update for the plugin, I received the message that no update was available but was offered a manual update option. In trying to run this option, Firefox crashed. I used the Adobe...

Proper Adobe Flash in 64 bit KUbuntu Linux with Firefox on 64 bit AMD processor? ; jor
What is the proper way to get Adobe Flash running in 64 bit KUbuntu Linux with Firefox on a 64 bit AMD processor? Adobe says they have discontinued work on their 64 bit version for now. Is it ok to use the only version of AF 10.1 they make available for linux on a KUbuntu 10.4 AND 64 bit version, running FF? On #firefox on irc: kbrosnan: 32 bit won't work by default, your distro may have a way to run 32 bit firefox or a program called nspluginwrapper can allow you to run 32 bit flash in 64 bit firefox Any idea what the proper way for Ubuntu is? Thanks :) ...

Cant install Flash player. It says "install-0ej..rdf" file missing.
Name: Arun Email: arungoalsatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Cant install Flash player. It says "install-0ej..rdf" file missing. Comments: When i am trying to see a online movie from www.techsatish.com it prompted for installing adobe flash player. But, when i was trying to install, it said "install-0ej..rdf" is missing or not well formed. what should i do?? Arun Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

Google finance stock quotes crash in firefox, possible adobe flash + firefox bug?
Name: Justin Gomolka Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Google finance stock quotes crash in firefox, possible adobe flash + firefox bug? Comments: Using firefox version 3.0b5 any Google finance page such as http://finance.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ%3AINTC when you click the chart and use your scroll button on the mouse it crashes every time. I tried this on a few computers to the same effect. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Web resources about - Adobe flash KUbuntu 10.04 flashplugin-installer AMD 64bit, "You need to upgrade your flash player. Download it from Adobe."; jor MozFirefox - mozilla.support.firefox

安装Ubuntu 13.10(活泼的蝾螈)后的首要事情_网络_IT专家网 网络子站
网络子站是最活跃的在线网络专业社区。我们为网络专业人士提供有关路由、交换以及诸如安全、网络/系统管理、VoIP 和无线局域网等与网络密切相关的技术信息。您可以处“变”不惊,紧跟网络发展趋势。网络频道提供每日新闻、精选最佳网页链接、专家网上讲座、路由和交换技巧以及各种网络设备的管理技巧。 ...

Tag Synonyms - Ask Ubuntu
Q&A for Ubuntu users and developers

System76 removes Adobe Flash from its Ubuntu Linux computers
... is right to make this move. More importantly, however, you can still add it with the simple terminal command of "sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer". ...

What to do after installing Ubuntu 13.10?
So, you’ve installed Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander and now you want to fix it up real nice? Here’s what I did. Enable Additional Drivers. Software ...

multiarch library support in Natty and Oneiric
Dear developers,Well, it's been a long time coming, but it's finally here. As of today, itis possible to install library packages of other architectures ...

Ubuntu Penetration Testing
Ubuntu Penetration Testing script will help you install security tools and some other Ubuntu goodies.

Release-critical Bugreport for November 14, 2003
Bug stamp-out list for Nov 14 06:00 (CST)Total number of release-critical bugs: 674Number that will disappear after removing packages marked ...

Adobe Flash 64bit Refresh Available For Download
We exclusively told you last week that a "refresh" (I.E. a new alpha version) of Adobe's Flash Plugin for 64bit Linux was going to be released ...

Latest Security updates for Adobe Flash Player released
Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Flash Player for Windows, Macintosh and Linux. These updates address vulnerabilities that could ...