1.5.0.0.3 vs 1.5.0.0.4

I have had numerous difficulties with FF 1.5.0.0.4, in particular, some
sites often just hang when I click on links.  A particularly bad site is
  Dell http://www.dell.com/, which - when I try to configure a computer
- gets all kinds of "waiting for dell" status bar messages.  I tried it
with a clean profile, to no avail.  It works flawlessly with IE.

I downloaded fresh copies of 1.5.0.3 and 1.5.0.4 with the intent of
uninstalling the latter and then trying the former. *The uninstall
process hung*.  So I installed 1.5.0.3 on top of 1.5.0.4. The Dell site
now works flawlessly.  However, I cannot uninstall this version of FF
either!  So I installed 1.5.0.4 on top of it and it works better than it
had but not perfectly.  Still can't uninstall.

Deleted the uninstall folder and installed 1.5.0.3. Used System Mechanic
to uninstall 1.5.0.3 and emptied program folder.  Installed 1.5.0.4 and
it works fine on Dell site. Still can not uninstall!!!

Originally, I upgraded to 1.5.0.3 and thence to 1.5.0.4 via the "check
for updates" menu, which means that I downloaded patches to the existing
install.  Tonight, I upgraded by downloading complete install packages.
  The difference in FF performance is significantly better using the
full download method. This makes me quite suspicious of the "auto update
process".

--
Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
*Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile
0
Irwin
6/10/2006 4:51:41 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 24311 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

Irwin Greenwald wrote:
> I have had numerous difficulties with FF 1.5.0.0.4, in particular, some
> sites often just hang when I click on links.  A particularly bad site is
>  Dell http://www.dell.com/, which - when I try to configure a computer -
> gets all kinds of "waiting for dell" status bar messages.  I tried it
> with a clean profile, to no avail.  It works flawlessly with IE.
>
> I downloaded fresh copies of 1.5.0.3 and 1.5.0.4 with the intent of
> uninstalling the latter and then trying the former. *The uninstall
> process hung*.  So I installed 1.5.0.3 on top of 1.5.0.4. The Dell site
> now works flawlessly.  However, I cannot uninstall this version of FF
> either!  So I installed 1.5.0.4 on top of it and it works better than it
> had but not perfectly.  Still can't uninstall.
>
> Deleted the uninstall folder and installed 1.5.0.3. Used System Mechanic
> to uninstall 1.5.0.3 and emptied program folder.  Installed 1.5.0.4 and
> it works fine on Dell site. Still can not uninstall!!!
>
> Originally, I upgraded to 1.5.0.3 and thence to 1.5.0.4 via the "check
> for updates" menu, which means that I downloaded patches to the existing
> install.  Tonight, I upgraded by downloading complete install packages.
>  The difference in FF performance is significantly better using the full
> download method. This makes me quite suspicious of the "auto update
> process".

I have used the auto update process on all 3 of my computers for the
last two upgrades with no problems whatsoever.  The Dell site works fine
here.  Suggest you look in your profile or list of extensions for the
cause....
1
Ron
6/10/2006 7:47:54 AM
Ron Hunter wrote:
> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
>> I have had numerous difficulties with FF 1.5.0.0.4, in particular,
>> some sites often just hang when I click on links.  A particularly bad
>> site is  Dell http://www.dell.com/, which - when I try to configure a
>> computer - gets all kinds of "waiting for dell" status bar messages.
>> I tried it with a clean profile, to no avail.  It works flawlessly
>> with IE.
>>
>> I downloaded fresh copies of 1.5.0.3 and 1.5.0.4 with the intent of
>> uninstalling the latter and then trying the former. *The uninstall
>> process hung*.  So I installed 1.5.0.3 on top of 1.5.0.4. The Dell
>> site now works flawlessly.  However, I cannot uninstall this version
>> of FF either!  So I installed 1.5.0.4 on top of it and it works better
>> than it had but not perfectly.  Still can't uninstall.
>>
>> Deleted the uninstall folder and installed 1.5.0.3. Used System
>> Mechanic to uninstall 1.5.0.3 and emptied program folder.  Installed
>> 1.5.0.4 and it works fine on Dell site. Still can not uninstall!!!
>>
>> Originally, I upgraded to 1.5.0.3 and thence to 1.5.0.4 via the "check
>> for updates" menu, which means that I downloaded patches to the
>> existing install.  Tonight, I upgraded by downloading complete install
>> packages.  The difference in FF performance is significantly better
>> using the full download method. This makes me quite suspicious of the
>> "auto update process".
>>

> I have used the auto update process on all 3 of my computers for the
> last two upgrades with no problems whatsoever.  The Dell site works fine
> here.  Suggest you look in your profile or list of extensions for the
> cause....

When you say the Dell site works fine, did you actually try to customize
a computer, making step by step choices of the options (which results in
price differences)?  That is where the process bogs down.

<quote>
I tried it with a clean profile, to no avail.
</quote>

I forgot to mention that I am running on XP Home SP2

Also forgot to mention that the patch method shows "Mozilla Firefox
1.5.0.x" in Add/Remove Programs, while the full install method shows
"Mozilla Firefox 1.5".  Thus there are certainly differences between the
upgrade methods.

I still can not explain the inability to uninstall, even using the
uninstall command in the program folder.

Irwin

--
Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
*Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile
1
Irwin
6/10/2006 8:58:07 PM
Irwin Greenwald wrote:
> Ron Hunter wrote:
>> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
>>> I have had numerous difficulties with FF 1.5.0.0.4, in particular,
>>> some sites often just hang when I click on links.  A particularly bad
>>> site is  Dell http://www.dell.com/, which - when I try to configure a
>>> computer - gets all kinds of "waiting for dell" status bar messages.
>>> I tried it with a clean profile, to no avail.  It works flawlessly
>>> with IE.
>>>
>>> I downloaded fresh copies of 1.5.0.3 and 1.5.0.4 with the intent of
>>> uninstalling the latter and then trying the former. *The uninstall
>>> process hung*.  So I installed 1.5.0.3 on top of 1.5.0.4. The Dell
>>> site now works flawlessly.  However, I cannot uninstall this version
>>> of FF either!  So I installed 1.5.0.4 on top of it and it works
>>> better than it had but not perfectly.  Still can't uninstall.
>>>
>>> Deleted the uninstall folder and installed 1.5.0.3. Used System
>>> Mechanic to uninstall 1.5.0.3 and emptied program folder.  Installed
>>> 1.5.0.4 and it works fine on Dell site. Still can not uninstall!!!
>>>
>>> Originally, I upgraded to 1.5.0.3 and thence to 1.5.0.4 via the
>>> "check for updates" menu, which means that I downloaded patches to
>>> the existing install.  Tonight, I upgraded by downloading complete
>>> install packages.  The difference in FF performance is significantly
>>> better using the full download method. This makes me quite suspicious
>>> of the "auto update process".
>>>

>> I have used the auto update process on all 3 of my computers for the
>> last two upgrades with no problems whatsoever.  The Dell site works
>> fine here.  Suggest you look in your profile or list of extensions for
>> the cause....
>
> When you say the Dell site works fine, did you actually try to customize
> a computer, making step by step choices of the options (which results in
> price differences)?  That is where the process bogs down.
>
> <quote>
> I tried it with a clean profile, to no avail.
> </quote>
>
> I forgot to mention that I am running on XP Home SP2
>
> Also forgot to mention that the patch method shows "Mozilla Firefox
> 1.5.0.x" in Add/Remove Programs, while the full install method shows
> "Mozilla Firefox 1.5".  Thus there are certainly differences between the
> upgrade methods.
>
> I still can not explain the inability to uninstall, even using the
> uninstall command in the program folder.
>
> Irwin

No, I didn't .  You didn't really mention where the problem was.  I have
done this in the past, however, but didn't see any problems.  A friend
recently bought a Dell, and I wanted to see how much he paid for it.
0
Ron
6/10/2006 11:19:35 PM
Ron Hunter wrote:
> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
>> Ron Hunter wrote:

>>> I have used the auto update process on all 3 of my computers for the
>>> last two upgrades with no problems whatsoever.  The Dell site works
>>> fine here.  Suggest you look in your profile or list of extensions
>>> for the cause....
>>
>> When you say the Dell site works fine, did you actually try to
>> customize a computer, making step by step choices of the options
>> (which results in price differences)?  That is where the process bogs
>> down.
>>
>> <quote>
>> I tried it with a clean profile, to no avail.
>> </quote>
>>
>> I forgot to mention that I am running on XP Home SP2
>>
>> Also forgot to mention that the patch method shows "Mozilla Firefox
>> 1.5.0.x" in Add/Remove Programs, while the full install method shows
>> "Mozilla Firefox 1.5".  Thus there are certainly differences between
>> the upgrade methods.
>>
>> I still can not explain the inability to uninstall, even using the
>> uninstall command in the program folder.
>>
>> Irwin
>>

> No, I didn't .  You didn't really mention where the problem was.  I have
> done this in the past, however, but didn't see any problems.  A friend
> recently bought a Dell, and I wanted to see how much he paid for it.

So you haven't tried it with 1.5.0.4?  The problem occurs when you are
configuring the options you want, which results in updating the price
window each time you select an option.  In particular, If you click on
"Help me decide", then return to click on an option, the price update
may hang.

Think I'll try it with 1.5.0.3.

Irwin

--
Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
*Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile
0
Irwin
6/11/2006 12:27:33 AM
Irwin Greenwald wrote:
> Ron Hunter wrote:
>> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
>>> I have had numerous difficulties with FF 1.5.0.0.4, in particular,
>>> some sites often just hang when I click on links.  A particularly bad
>>> site is  Dell http://www.dell.com/, which - when I try to configure a
>>> computer - gets all kinds of "waiting for dell" status bar messages.
>>> I tried it with a clean profile, to no avail.  It works flawlessly
>>> with IE.
>>>
>>> I downloaded fresh copies of 1.5.0.3 and 1.5.0.4 with the intent of
>>> uninstalling the latter and then trying the former. *The uninstall
>>> process hung*.  So I installed 1.5.0.3 on top of 1.5.0.4. The Dell
>>> site now works flawlessly.  However, I cannot uninstall this version
>>> of FF either!  So I installed 1.5.0.4 on top of it and it works better
>>> than it had but not perfectly.  Still can't uninstall.
>>>
>>> Deleted the uninstall folder and installed 1.5.0.3. Used System
>>> Mechanic to uninstall 1.5.0.3 and emptied program folder.  Installed
>>> 1.5.0.4 and it works fine on Dell site. Still can not uninstall!!!
>>>
>>> Originally, I upgraded to 1.5.0.3 and thence to 1.5.0.4 via the "check
>>> for updates" menu, which means that I downloaded patches to the
>>> existing install.  Tonight, I upgraded by downloading complete install
>>> packages.  The difference in FF performance is significantly better
>>> using the full download method. This makes me quite suspicious of the
>>> "auto update process".
>>>

>> I have used the auto update process on all 3 of my computers for the
>> last two upgrades with no problems whatsoever.  The Dell site works fine
>> here.  Suggest you look in your profile or list of extensions for the
>> cause....
>
> When you say the Dell site works fine, did you actually try to customize
> a computer, making step by step choices of the options (which results in
> price differences)?  That is where the process bogs down.
>
> <quote>
> I tried it with a clean profile, to no avail.
> </quote>
>
> I forgot to mention that I am running on XP Home SP2
>
> Also forgot to mention that the patch method shows "Mozilla Firefox
> 1.5.0.x" in Add/Remove Programs, while the full install method shows
> "Mozilla Firefox 1.5".  Thus there are certainly differences between the
> upgrade methods.
>
> I still can not explain the inability to uninstall, even using the
> uninstall command in the program folder.
>
> Irwin

Irwin,

FWIW, I tried it yesterday, going through the customization process & it
worked fine for me.

WinXP, FF 1.5.0.4  I have only used the update process since 1.5 came
out.  The only extensions I have are Talkback & Popup ALT Attribute.  No
themes other than the default.

Can't help with uninstall issues at the moment, as I'm having issues
with the Add/Remove Programs window.  After a few entries, the listing
area turns solid black.  Unfortunately, FF is far enough down the list
that it is not one of the few that are visible.  I just haven't gotten
around to digging into that yet.

--
Alex
0
Alex wrote:
> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
>> Ron Hunter wrote:

>>> I have used the auto update process on all 3 of my computers for the
>>> last two upgrades with no problems whatsoever.  The Dell site works fine
>>> here.  Suggest you look in your profile or list of extensions for the
>>> cause....
>> When you say the Dell site works fine, did you actually try to customize
>> a computer, making step by step choices of the options (which results in
>> price differences)?  That is where the process bogs down.
>>
>> <quote>
>> I tried it with a clean profile, to no avail.
>> </quote>
>>
>> I forgot to mention that I am running on XP Home SP2
>>
>> Also forgot to mention that the patch method shows "Mozilla Firefox
>> 1.5.0.x" in Add/Remove Programs, while the full install method shows
>> "Mozilla Firefox 1.5".  Thus there are certainly differences between the
>> upgrade methods.
>>
>> I still can not explain the inability to uninstall, even using the
>> uninstall command in the program folder.
>>
>> Irwin
>>

> Irwin,
>
> FWIW, I tried it yesterday, going through the customization process & it
> worked fine for me.
>
> WinXP, FF 1.5.0.4  I have only used the update process since 1.5 came
> out.  The only extensions I have are Talkback & Popup ALT Attribute.  No
> themes other than the default.
>
> Can't help with uninstall issues at the moment, as I'm having issues
> with the Add/Remove Programs window.  After a few entries, the listing
> area turns solid black.  Unfortunately, FF is far enough down the list
> that it is not one of the few that are visible.  I just haven't gotten
> around to digging into that yet.

Alex, thanks for the reply!  Unfortunately, I didn't use the update
process from 1.5 until 1.5.0.3 came out.  Since then - due to problems
I've had - I've directly installed 1.5.0.3 and 1.5.0.4.  Right now, if I
try to upgrade from 1.5, it installs 1.5.0.4, so there is now way for me
to go thru the "step by step" process.

You can try uninstall from the uninstall folder in the program folder;
it's fail-safe because it will ask if you really mean it;  I can't get
to that point.

As I've said, there are differences that result from the two upgrade
methods, but I don't have enough info to file a bug report.

Irwin

--
Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
*Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile
0
Irwin
6/11/2006 9:28:01 PM
Irwin Greenwald wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

>>> When you say the Dell site works fine, did you actually try to customize
>>> a computer, making step by step choices of the options (which results in
>>> price differences)?  That is where the process bogs down.
>>>
>>> <quote>
>>> I tried it with a clean profile, to no avail.
>>> </quote>
>>>
>>> I forgot to mention that I am running on XP Home SP2
>>>
>>> Also forgot to mention that the patch method shows "Mozilla Firefox
>>> 1.5.0.x" in Add/Remove Programs, while the full install method shows
>>> "Mozilla Firefox 1.5".  Thus there are certainly differences between the
>>> upgrade methods.
>>>
>>> I still can not explain the inability to uninstall, even using the
>>> uninstall command in the program folder.
>>>
>>> Irwin
>>>

>> Irwin,
>>
>> FWIW, I tried it yesterday, going through the customization process & it
>> worked fine for me.
>>
>> WinXP, FF 1.5.0.4  I have only used the update process since 1.5 came
>> out.  The only extensions I have are Talkback & Popup ALT Attribute.  No
>> themes other than the default.
>>
>> Can't help with uninstall issues at the moment, as I'm having issues
>> with the Add/Remove Programs window.  After a few entries, the listing
>> area turns solid black.  Unfortunately, FF is far enough down the list
>> that it is not one of the few that are visible.  I just haven't gotten
>> around to digging into that yet.
>>

> Alex, thanks for the reply!  Unfortunately, I didn't use the update
> process from 1.5 until 1.5.0.3 came out.  Since then - due to problems
> I've had - I've directly installed 1.5.0.3 and 1.5.0.4.  Right now, if I
> try to upgrade from 1.5, it installs 1.5.0.4, so there is now way for me
> to go thru the "step by step" process.
>
> You can try uninstall from the uninstall folder in the program folder;
> it's fail-safe because it will ask if you really mean it;  I can't get
> to that point.
>
> As I've said, there are differences that result from the two upgrade
> methods, but I don't have enough info to file a bug report.
>
> Irwin

I tried the uninstall from the uninstall folder & I did get to the point
where it asks if I really wanted to uninstall.  I stopped it at that
point by saying no.

In addition to uninstall.exe, do you also have uninstall.ini?

--
Alex
0

Alex wrote:
> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
>> Alex wrote:

>>> Irwin,
>>>
>>> FWIW, I tried it yesterday, going through the customization process & it
>>> worked fine for me.
>>>
>>> WinXP, FF 1.5.0.4  I have only used the update process since 1.5 came
>>> out.  The only extensions I have are Talkback & Popup ALT Attribute.  No
>>> themes other than the default.
>>>
>>> Can't help with uninstall issues at the moment, as I'm having issues
>>> with the Add/Remove Programs window.  After a few entries, the listing
>>> area turns solid black.  Unfortunately, FF is far enough down the list
>>> that it is not one of the few that are visible.  I just haven't gotten
>>> around to digging into that yet.
>>>
>> Alex, thanks for the reply!  Unfortunately, I didn't use the update
>> process from 1.5 until 1.5.0.3 came out.  Since then - due to problems
>> I've had - I've directly installed 1.5.0.3 and 1.5.0.4.  Right now, if I
>> try to upgrade from 1.5, it installs 1.5.0.4, so there is now way for me
>> to go thru the "step by step" process.
>>
>> You can try uninstall from the uninstall folder in the program folder;
>> it's fail-safe because it will ask if you really mean it;  I can't get
>> to that point.
>>
>> As I've said, there are differences that result from the two upgrade
>> methods, but I don't have enough info to file a bug report.
>>
>> Irwin
>>

> I tried the uninstall from the uninstall folder & I did get to the point
> where it asks if I really wanted to uninstall.  I stopped it at that
> point by saying no.
>
> In addition to uninstall.exe, do you also have uninstall.ini?

Yes.  See attached (if it makes it thru on this server)

--
Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
*Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

--------------070205030500040808090401

[General]
; Run Mode values:
;   Normal - Shows all dialogs.  Requires user input.
;   Auto   - Shows some dialogs, but none requiring user input.  It will
;            automatically uninstall the product using default values.
;   Silent - Show no dialogs at all.  It will uninstall product using default
;            values.
Run Mode=Normal

Company Name=Mozilla
Product Name=Mozilla Firefox

; Valid Path values:
;   PROGRAMFILESDIR
;   WINDISK
;   WINDIR
;   WINSYSDIR
;   COMMON_STARTUP
;   COMMON_PROGRAMS
;   COMMON_STARTMENU
;   COMMON_DESKTOP
;
;   PERSONAL_STARTUP
;   PERSONAL_PROGRAMS
;   PERSONAL_STARTMENU
;   PERSONAL_DESKTOP
;
;   PERSONAL_APPDATA
;   PERSONAL_CACHE
;   PERSONAL_COOKIES
;   PERSONAL_FAVORITES
;   PERSONAL_FONTS
;   PERSONAL_HISTORY
;   PERSONAL_NETHOOD
;   PERSONAL_PERSONAL
;   PERSONAL_PRINTHOOD (supported only under Windows NT)
;   PERSONAL_RECENT
;   PERSONAL_SENDTO
;   PERSONAL_TEMPLATES
;
;   PROGRAMFILESDIR
;   COMMONFILESDIR
;   MEDIAPATH
;   CONFIGPATH (supported only under Windows95 and Windows98)
;   DEVICEPATH

; This provides information on where in the Windows Registry to locate the Uninstall log files
;
Main Root Key=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Main Key=[Product WinRegKey]
Decrypt Main Key=TRUE

Root Key=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Key=[Product CurrentVersion]\Uninstall
Decrypt Key=TRUE

[Check Instance0]
Class Name=FirefoxMessageWindow
Window Name=
Process Name=firefox.exe
Pretty Name=Mozilla Firefox
Message=Mozilla Firefox is detected to be currently running.  Please quit Mozilla Firefox before continuing.  Click OK to exit Mozilla Firefox automatically and proceed with uninstallation.
Message wait=Shutting down Mozilla Firefox.  Please wait...

; This key indicates whether or not to close all the windows associated with
; the process id of this app instance window found.
Close All Process Windows=TRUE

; These keys are not normally necessary for checking instances.  They are
; set here because Mozilla requires a way to shut down it's turbo mode.
Extra Cmd0 Reg Key Root=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Extra Cmd0 Reg Key=Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\firefox.exe
Extra Cmd0 Reg Name=
Extra Cmd0 Parameter=-kill

[Check Instance1]
Class Name=Netscape6MessageWindow
Window Name=
Process Name=Netscp.exe
Pretty Name=Netscape
;*** LOCALIZE ME BABY ***
Message=Netscape is detected to be currently running.  Please quit Netscape before continuing.  Click OK to exit Netscape automatically and proceed with uninstallation.
;*** LOCALIZE ME BABY ***
Message wait=Shutting down Netscape.  Please wait...

; This key indicates whether or not to close all the windows associated with
; the process id of this app instance window found.
Close All Process Windows=TRUE

; These keys are not normally necessary for checking instances.  They are
; set here because Netscape 6 requires a way to shut down it's turbo mode.
; This will stop at the first one that succeeds (key and file found).
Extra Cmd0 Reg Key Root=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Extra Cmd0 Reg Key=Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Netscp6.exe
Extra Cmd0 Reg Name=
Extra Cmd0 Parameter=-kill

Extra Cmd1 Reg Key Root=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Extra Cmd1 Reg Key=Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Netscp.exe
Extra Cmd1 Reg Name=
Extra Cmd1 Parameter=-kill

[Dialog Uninstall]
FONTNAME=MS Sans Serif
FONTSIZE=8
CHARSET=0
Show Dialog=TRUE
Title=Mozilla Firefox Uninstaller
Message0=Are you sure you want to completely remove %s and all of its components?

Uninstall=&Uninstall
Cancel=&Cancel
Message1=Uninstall has detected that the following shared file is no longer used by any programs.  If any programs still require the shared file and it is removed, those programs may no longer function.  Are you sure you want to remove this shared file?
Message2=Leaving this file will not harm your system.  If you are not sure, it is recommended that the shared file be not removed from the system.
FileName=File name:
No=&No
NoToAll=N&o to all
Yes=&Yes
YesToAll=Y&es to all
OK=OK

; This section attempts to restore/undo the desktop integration performed by the browser/mail
[Restore Desktop Integration]
Enabled=TRUE

; This section attempts to cleanup the UnreadMail registry keys set up by mail.
[Cleanup Mail Integration]
Enabled=TRUE

[Messages]
ERROR_DLL_LOAD=Could not load %s
ERROR_STRING_LOAD=Could not load string resource ID %d
ERROR_STRING_NULL=Null pointer encountered.
ERROR_GLOBALALLOC=Memory allocation error.
ERROR_FAILED=%s failed.
ERROR_DIALOG_CREATE=Could not create %s dialog.
DLGQUITTITLE=Question
DLGQUITMSG=Are you sure you want to cancel?
ERROR_GET_SYSTEM_DIRECTORY_FAILED=GetSystemDirectory() failed.
ERROR_GET_WINDOWS_DIRECTORY_FAILED=GetWindowsDirectory() failed.
ERROR_CREATE_TEMP_DIR=Uninstall was not able to create the TEMP directory: %s
ERROR_SETUP_REQUIREMENT=Windows95 or greater Operating System is required!  Exiting Uninstall...
MB_WARNING_STR=Warning
ERROR_UNINSTALL_LOG_FOLDER=Uninstall log folder not found:%s
MB_MESSAGE_STR=Message
DLG_REMOVE_FILE_TITLE=Remove File?
ERROR_GETVERSION=GetVersionEx() failed!
MB_ATTENTION_STR=Attention
MSG_FORCE_QUIT_PROCESS=Uninstall has detected that %s (%s) is still running.  Click OK to quit %s and proceed with uninstallation. Alternatively, use the Windows Task Manager to quit %s, and then click OK to continue with uninstallation.
MSG_FORCE_QUIT_PROCESS_FAILED=Uninstall will now exit.  Uninstall could not continue because %s (%s) is still running. Try manually quitting %s using Windows Task Manager, and then run Uninstall again.
MSG_DELETE_INSTALLATION_PATH=Not all files were uninstalled from the installation directory:\n\n  %s\n\nDo you want to completely delete this directory?
MSG_INSTALLATION_PATH_WITHIN_WINDIR=Uninstall has detected that the installation path of Mozilla Firefox is installed to a folder within your Windows folder.  Uninstall will not attempt to delete this installation due to the potential removal of critical system files.
; Localize me!!
MSG_UNINSTALL_COMPLETE=Mozilla Firefox has been removed from your computer.
MSG_UNINSTALL_SURVEY=Tell us what you thought of Mozilla Firefox.

--------------070205030500040808090401--
0
Irwin
6/12/2006 6:16:58 PM
Irwin Greenwald wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

>>> Alex, thanks for the reply!  Unfortunately, I didn't use the update
>>> process from 1.5 until 1.5.0.3 came out.  Since then - due to problems
>>> I've had - I've directly installed 1.5.0.3 and 1.5.0.4.  Right now, if I
>>> try to upgrade from 1.5, it installs 1.5.0.4, so there is now way for me
>>> to go thru the "step by step" process.
>>>
>>> You can try uninstall from the uninstall folder in the program folder;
>>> it's fail-safe because it will ask if you really mean it;  I can't get
>>> to that point.
>>>
>>> As I've said, there are differences that result from the two upgrade
>>> methods, but I don't have enough info to file a bug report.
>>>
>>> Irwin
>>>
>> I tried the uninstall from the uninstall folder & I did get to the point
>> where it asks if I really wanted to uninstall.  I stopped it at that
>> point by saying no.
>>
>> In addition to uninstall.exe, do you also have uninstall.ini?
>>
> Yes.  See attached (if it makes it thru on this server)

<uninstall.ini snipped for brevity>

OK, it came through fine, & matches what I have.

Are you comfortable with the registry editor?  If so, you could try the
following.  You may want to set a restore point first.

You could use System Mechanic, as you did before, but I would at least
check using the registry editor after you do that.  I've not used System
Mechanic myself, but I have read that different registry cleaning
programs have varying degrees of success.

1.  Delete the program folder.
2.  Open the registry editor [Start -> Run -> regedit].
3.  Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla & click on the + sign.
4.  Delete any folders in the left pane that refer to FF.
5.  This same key structure is also present in the
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mozilla tree.  I don't know if removing the
entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE will automagically take care of these
or not.  For completeness sake, you could delete these as well.
6.  Exit the registry editor.

At this point I would re-boot the machine & then install 1.5.0.4.

--
Alex
0
Irwin Greenwald wrote:
> I have had numerous difficulties with FF 1.5.0.0.4, in particular, some
> sites often just hang when I click on links.  A particularly bad site is
>  Dell http://www.dell.com/, which - when I try to configure a computer -
> gets all kinds of "waiting for dell" status bar messages.  I tried it
> with a clean profile, to no avail.  It works flawlessly with IE.

Data point: I have FF 1.5.0.4 upgraded through auto-update, and just
went on the Dell site, and configured (custom, yes, by picking all the
options after clicking the green "Configure" button) a system.

No problems at all.
0
Shankar

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Testday - Friday, May18th: Firefox 1.5.0.12
Hi Mozilla Community Testers!, Please join the Mozilla QA community for Testday on Friday, May 18th, 2007! This week, we will be looking at the Firefox 1.5.0.12 and 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.12 Release Candidates The event will run Friday, May 18th, 2007, from 7am - 5pm PDT Please visit http://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozilla_QA_Community:Firefox_2004rc3/15012_Community_Test_Day for all the info regarding the event. Jump into the #testday channel on irc.mozilla.org on Friday to participate. We hope to see you there! Thanks. Carsten Mozilla QA ...

superreview granted: [Bug 341583] Bump Thunderbird version to 1.5.0.5 : [Attachment 225643] 1.5.0.4 -> 1.5.0.5
David Baron <dbaron@mozilla.com> has granted superreview: Bug 341583: Bump Thunderbird version to 1.5.0.5 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=341583 Attachment 225643: 1.5.0.4 -> 1.5.0.5 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=225643&action=edit ...

superreview granted: [Bug 341582] bump version numbers for 1.5.0.5 release : [Attachment 225641] 1.5.0.4 -> 1.5.0.5
David Baron <dbaron@mozilla.com> has granted superreview: Bug 341582: bump version numbers for 1.5.0.5 release https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=341582 Attachment 225641: 1.5.0.4 -> 1.5.0.5 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=225641&action=edit ...

SeaMonkey 1.0.1 and Firefox 1.5, 2.0, 3.0 version can be said to be a same at code level
Dear, I am pursuing my research in the field of sotware maintainence at preventive level. i had published some of my research paper in ACM SIGSOFT SEN. As per my research i designed the metrics model for smelly classes with the help of firefox three versions and then i had validated or tested the metrics model with the one version of SeaMonkey. I got the review upon my research that SeaMonkey and Firefox are same at the code level. These cannot be treated as two different data set. But what i had read is they both only usage the same Gecko engine from your website. Some more from yo...

Updates after 1.5.0.7 (1.5.0.9, 2.0.0.1)can't access the web.
Name: Jay Product: Firefox Summary: Updates after 1.5.0.7 (1.5.0.9, 2.0.0.1)can't access the web. Comments: see summary Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7 ...

New versions after 1.5.0.12 2.0.0.3 and 2.0.0.4 do not work properly
Name: Jelle van Buuren Email: jelleatvan-buurendotnet Product: Firefox Summary: New versions after 1.5.0.12 2.0.0.3 and 2.0.0.4 do not work properly Comments: Helleo, I'm sorry to say I am not a webdeveloper expert at all, just a loyal and up till now satisfied daily user. I got lost in your official bug-reports-system, so had to do it this way. I don't even know if my problem can be called a bug, but please take a look to f.i. www.nbrecords.com or www.ns.nl through the new browser FF 2.0 etc. and then do so through FF 1.5.0.12 or IExplorer and you will notice immedi...

!27.0.0.1 vs. 0.0.0.0
I can use any number of tools to see what ports I have listening and/or connected. But among the *Listening* ports, some are 127.0.0.1 and some are 0.0.0.0. What is the difference between 127.0.0.1 and 0.0.0.0 ? Since I've got both - there MUST be a difference. Thanks, Alan 0.0.0.0 stands for all interfaces (example: yourIPaddress,127.0.0.1-127.254.254.254) 127.0.0.1 stands for local interface only (127.0.0.1) > 0.0.0.0 stands for all interfaces > (example: yourIPaddress,127.0.0.1-127.254.254.254) > > 127.0.0.1 stands for local interface only (127....

Firefox 1.5.0.2 / 1.5.0.3 build errors
I've been trying all day to build Firefox 1.5.0.2 and 1.5.0.3 under Windows XP Pro, using a fresh install of cygwin, and MS Visual Studio 2003 (i.e., VC7.1). I've followed all the steps on the web site, I've set my environment variables appropriately, and no matter what I do, I end up with an error in c:\mozilla\dist\include\string\nsString.h(55): error C2006: '#include' : expected a filename, found 'identifier'. When I look at the line in question, it's "# include NEW_H"--which is obviously invalid. The only reference I've fo...

Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
"I have posted an updated version of the .NET Framework cleanup tool that now contains support for automatically cleaning up the .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, the .NET Framework 2.0, the ..NET Framework 3.0 and the .NET Framework 3.5. This tool automates the manual cleanup steps for the .NET Framework 2.0 that I posted a while ago. These steps have helped solve most of the known .NET Framework 2.0 beta uninstall issues that I know of. In addition, the tool can be useful to return your system to a known (relatively clean) state in case you run into any .NET Framew...

kdesvn 1.0.5 or 1.0.6 for KDE 3.5 subversion 1.6.3?
Installed: Code: -------------------- Subversion 1.6.3-1.1 KDE 3.5.10 -------------------- I upgraded subversion to 1.6.3, and wanted to make sure I had the latest kdesvn for KDE 3.5 and subversion 1.6.3. I went to kdesvn support site but it wasn't clear if 1.0.5 was sufficient for subversion 1.6, so I downloaded kdesvn 1.0.6 and built it myself (previously 1.0.5 had come from opensuse). Everything looked okay, but... When I click on the Help | Info about kdesvn part I see: Code: -------------------- Built with subversion library 1.4.4 Running ...

Ack! Perl 5.8.0-RC1 on AIX 5.1.0.0 w/ gcc 3.1 dies
Hi everyone... This is my first foray into perl5-porters, so go easy on me. =) I'm trying to compile 5.8.0 RC1 on AIX 5.1.0.0, using gcc 3.1. Needless to say, I'm having issues. The aix hints file bombs Configure right after the compiler test. Since IBM has been touting AIX 5'L', I thought I'd try the linux hints file, and it worked, with a few tweaks to the command line params. Now, I'm compiling this on an old 43p (100Mhz -- I now know the definition of pain) and I get quite far -- but consistently bomb out on compiling ODBM_File -- the linker...

Firefox Install Directory Path 1.5.0.8/9 vs 2.0.0.1 and Beyond?
I'm having some trouble with the Firefox 2.0.0.1 Install program's directory path. I had the previous version 1.5.0.8 installed to C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Firefox I attempted to install 2.0.0.1 giving it direction to my previous structure as above but it insisted on tacking on "Mozilla Firefox" to the end of the install path I gave it, leaving with me a mess including: C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Firefox\Mozilla Firefox I've since uninstalled my 2.0.0.1 attempt and tried updating from the Help menu. I now have 1.5.0.9 and the install and directories ...

Web resources about - 1.5.0.0.3 vs 1.5.0.0.4 - mozilla.support.firefox

Donald Trump seamlessly replaces ranting Calvin in 'Donald and Hobbes'
Who knew that an often ignorant cartoon 6-year-old could have so much in common with a United States presidential candidate? On Dec. 9, Redditor ...

Yahoo Video Guide Searches and Suggests Movies Across Streaming Services
Android/iOS: If you subscribe to a lot of different streaming video services, you know that picking something to watch is complicated. Yahoo ...

SWAT Medic Who Triaged San Bernardino Victims Also Pronounced Shooters Dead
Ryan Starling and his SWAT colleagues had been practicing a drill at the time.

Serial Recap, Episode One: "Duty Status Whereabouts Unknown"
Rejoice, for Serial has returned. The second season of the popular podcast is here, with a new case to try in the court of public opinion. Focused ...

Watch: Affirmative Action and Abigail Fisher: The Basics
A brief summary of SCOTUS's 2015 affirmative action case.

North Korean Leader's Claim of Hydrogen Bomb Draws Skepticism
NBCNews.com North Korean Leader's Claim of Hydrogen Bomb Draws Skepticism New York Times SEOUL, South Korea — The North Korean leader, Kim ...

Better Than Socks Under the Tree: Verizon Offers 'The Gift of Data'
Every weekday, we bring you the Ad Age/iSpot Hot Spots, new and trending TV commercials tracked by iSpot.tv, a company that catalogs, tags and ...

Product Hunt’s iOS app gets a mammoth update
Product Hunt , the popular online service for up-voting technology products and ideas, has sent out an update for its free iOS application adding ...

At the Paris climate talks, the rich and powerful work to stay rich
This story was originally published by The New Republic and is reproduced here as part of the Climate Desk collaboration. LE BOURGET, France ...

Connecticut to ban gun sales to people on watch lists: governor
Reuters Connecticut to ban gun sales to people on watch lists: governor Reuters Connecticut would become the first U.S. state to ban the sale ...