Unwanted email invitation sent when copying an event

Hello,
I'm using thunderbird with the lightning module to handle 4 different calendars.
When I receive an invitation to an event, and I "accept" it, it will create an event in one of my agendas. If I copy paste this event into another agenda, thunderbird sends an invitation to all the attendees just like if I had created this event.
Is it possible to prevent this behavior ?
I would like to totally stop sending any kind of email from the lightning module.

Thanks for your help
0
picttk
1/4/2017 9:23:17 AM
mozilla.support.calendar 2534 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 1/4/2017 4:23 AM, picttk@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm using thunderbird with the lightning module to handle 4 different calendars.
> When I receive an invitation to an event, and I "accept" it, it will create an event in one of my agendas. If I copy paste this event into another agenda, thunderbird sends an invitation to all the attendees just like if I had created this event.
> Is it possible to prevent this behavior ?
> I would like to totally stop sending any kind of email from the lightning module.
>
> Thanks for your help

I don't know how to turn it off but if you say no in the popup about
notifying MS Outlook user (Can not remember exact words) no invitation
will be sent.
0
Keith
1/4/2017 1:06:40 PM
On 01/04/2017 04:23 AM, picttk@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm using thunderbird with the lightning module to handle 4 different calendars.
> When I receive an invitation to an event, and I "accept" it, it will create an event in one of my agendas. If I copy paste this event into another agenda, thunderbird sends an invitation to all the attendees just like if I had created this event.
> Is it possible to prevent this behavior ?
> I would like to totally stop sending any kind of email from the lightning module.
>
> Thanks for your help

Don't copy and paste? Just type it in.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS

0
WaltS48
1/4/2017 3:08:17 PM
On 01/04/2017 04:23 AM, picttk@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm using thunderbird with the lightning module to handle 4 different calendars.
> When I receive an invitation to an event, and I "accept" it, it will create an event in one of my agendas. If I copy paste this event into another agenda, thunderbird sends an invitation to all the attendees just like if I had created this event.
> Is it possible to prevent this behavior ?
> I would like to totally stop sending any kind of email from the lightning module.
>
> Thanks for your help

Open the Event, select the Attendees tab, remove the check mark for
Notify attendees, Save and Close, then copy and paste to the new agenda.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS

0
WaltS48
1/4/2017 3:59:48 PM
On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 5:00:26 PM UTC+1, WaltS48 wrote:
> Open the Event, select the Attendees tab, remove the check mark for=20
> Notify attendees, Save and Close, then copy and paste to the new agenda.

Hello, thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately this checkbox is ticked and greyed out, I can't uncheck it.

But .. then I realized the invitation is not sent by Lightning .. it comes =
from my gmail email !
So I think it's more of a google calendar problem .. but on the other hand =
if I use the "official" google web client to copy / paste this event from o=
ne agenda to another one I get a popup which asks me to confirm that I want=
 to send an invitation to attendees.
So I think there is a problem *between* lightning and google agenda, in the=
 way lightning performs the copy / paste action. Google "sees" it as a new =
event creation in the target agenda and not a "move" from one agenda to ano=
ther.

.... sorry for my bad english btw ...
0
picttk
1/5/2017 4:35:31 PM
On 01/05/2017 11:35 AM, picttk@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 5:00:26 PM UTC+1, WaltS48 wrote:
>> Open the Event, select the Attendees tab, remove the check mark for
>> Notify attendees, Save and Close, then copy and paste to the new agenda.
> Hello, thanks for your reply.
> Unfortunately this checkbox is ticked and greyed out, I can't uncheck it.
>

> But .. then I realized the invitation is not sent by Lightning .. it comes from my gmail email !
> So I think it's more of a google calendar problem .. but on the other hand if I use the "official" google web client to copy / paste this event from one agenda to another one I get a popup which asks me to confirm that I want to send an invitation to attendees.
> So I think there is a problem *between* lightning and google agenda, in the way lightning performs the copy / paste action. Google "sees" it as a new event creation in the target agenda and not a "move" from one agenda to another.
>
> ... sorry for my bad english btw ...

Sorry I couldn't help, and know nothing about gmail.