Unusably slow, thunderbird is frozen

I have been using lighting for several years  with several IMAP acccount, gmail and other.  However, a few weeks ago it started giving me constant errors such as

  A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding.  You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete

  Script: chrome://calendar/content/calendar-multiday-view.xml:2767

(sometime line is also 2745 and others)

Nothing that I do clear the error and the entire thunderbird is unusable and does not respond to commands.
(tried "Don't ask me again". Stop script, etc, nothing changes, error windows always pops back up. And this only when it gives me a millisecond attention to be able to click on window as )

This is on Linux with Thunderbird-52.5 and lightning-5.4-sm+tb-linux.xpi.

I am not sure what to do as there really are not that many options available, but this is unusable.  Thunderbird is 100% frozen!

Anyone has seen this type of behavior?

0
lmiguel
1/2/2018 7:30:05 PM
mozilla.support.calendar 2585 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 01/02/18 14:30, lmiguel.silveira@gmail.com wrote:

> I have been using lighting for several years  with several IMAP acccount, gmail and other.  However, a few weeks ago it started giving me constant errors such as
>
>    A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding.  You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete
>
>    Script: chrome://calendar/content/calendar-multiday-view.xml:2767
>
> (sometime line is also 2745 and others)
>
> Nothing that I do clear the error and the entire thunderbird is unusable and does not respond to commands.
> (tried "Don't ask me again". Stop script, etc, nothing changes, error windows always pops back up. And this only when it gives me a millisecond attention to be able to click on window as )
>

> This is on Linux with Thunderbird-52.5 and lightning-5.4-sm+tb-linux.xpi.
>
> I am not sure what to do as there really are not that many options available, but this is unusable.  Thunderbird is 100% frozen!
>
> Anyone has seen this type of behavior?

Yes I have seen it in the past, but not recently. A couple of years ago, I split my
Thunderbird usage into two profiles, one for email, one for calendar, because the
calendar was giving me too many issues, the above included, and killing my mail in
the process.

So now I run the main TB with my regular profile, without Lightning. ANd I run a
second copy of TB with only Lightning and NO other add-on. That has worked for me
well for the past couple of years. If the calendar misbehaves, I can kill that and
reopen it without affecting my mail. Granted I haven't had to do that in a long time,
but I don't feel like reuniting the two profiles for now since it's working fine as-is.

Pierre
0
Pierre
1/17/2018 4:45:35 PM
On 1/17/2018 11:45 AM, Pierre D wrote:
> On 01/02/18 14:30, lmiguel.silveira@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> I have been using lighting for several years  with several IMAP
>> acccount, gmail and other.  However, a few weeks ago it started giving
>> me constant errors such as
>>
>>    A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped
>> responding.  You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see
>> if the script will complete
>>
>>    Script: chrome://calendar/content/calendar-multiday-view.xml:2767
>>
>> (sometime line is also 2745 and others)
>>
>> Nothing that I do clear the error and the entire thunderbird is
>> unusable and does not respond to commands.
>> (tried "Don't ask me again". Stop script, etc, nothing changes, error
>> windows always pops back up. And this only when it gives me a
>> millisecond attention to be able to click on window as )
>>

>> This is on Linux with Thunderbird-52.5 and lightning-5.4-sm+tb-linux.xpi.
>>
>> I am not sure what to do as there really are not that many options
>> available, but this is unusable.  Thunderbird is 100% frozen!
>>
>> Anyone has seen this type of behavior?
>>

> Yes I have seen it in the past, but not recently. A couple of years ago,
> I split my Thunderbird usage into two profiles, one for email, one for
> calendar, because the calendar was giving me too many issues, the above
> included, and killing my mail in the process.
>
> So now I run the main TB with my regular profile, without Lightning. ANd
> I run a second copy of TB with only Lightning and NO other add-on. That
> has worked for me well for the past couple of years. If the calendar
> misbehaves, I can kill that and reopen it without affecting my mail.
> Granted I haven't had to do that in a long time, but I don't feel like
> reuniting the two profiles for now since it's working fine as-is.
>
> Pierre
Running two profiles how do you accept events that you are invited to.
Manually enter it in the the Lightning Profile?
0
Keith
1/17/2018 5:14:19 PM
On 2018.01.17 17:45, Pierre D wrote:
> On 01/02/18 14:30, lmiguel.silveira@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> I have been using lighting for several years  with several IMAP
>> acccount, gmail and other.  However, a few weeks ago it started giving
>> me constant errors such as
>>
>>    A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped
>> responding.  You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see
>> if the script will complete
>>
>>    Script: chrome://calendar/content/calendar-multiday-view.xml:2767
>>
>> (sometime line is also 2745 and others)
>>
>> Nothing that I do clear the error and the entire thunderbird is
>> unusable and does not respond to commands.
>> (tried "Don't ask me again". Stop script, etc, nothing changes, error
>> windows always pops back up. And this only when it gives me a
>> millisecond attention to be able to click on window as )
>>

>> This is on Linux with Thunderbird-52.5 and lightning-5.4-sm+tb-linux.xpi.
>>
>> I am not sure what to do as there really are not that many options
>> available, but this is unusable.  Thunderbird is 100% frozen!
>>
>> Anyone has seen this type of behavior?
>>

> Yes I have seen it in the past, but not recently. A couple of years ago,
> I split my Thunderbird usage into two profiles, one for email, one for
> calendar, because the calendar was giving me too many issues, the above
> included, and killing my mail in the process.
>
> So now I run the main TB with my regular profile, without Lightning. ANd
> I run a second copy of TB with only Lightning and NO other add-on. That
> has worked for me well for the past couple of years. If the calendar
> misbehaves, I can kill that and reopen it without affecting my mail.
> Granted I haven't had to do that in a long time, but I don't feel like
> reuniting the two profiles for now since it's working fine as-is.
>
> Pierre

Same here -- been seeing this in the past, but not recently.

0
STF