Unable to reopen event search pane in Lightning

Using TB 52.2.1 under Win10. A few days ago, I noticed that the event search pane had
an X next to it. I could swear I had not noticed it before so not sure in which
version it appeared.

Anyway, I figured it would give me more vertical space for the calendar itself if the
event search was closed, so clicked the X and got more vertical space indeed.

But now I cannot find a way to re-enable the event search when I need it. Went
through Preferences and View menu and what not. Could not find anything. What am I
missing?

Pierre
0
Pierre
8/13/2017 12:57:16 AM
mozilla.support.calendar 2534 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 8/12/17 8:57 PM, Pierre D wrote:
> Using TB 52.2.1 under Win10. A few days ago, I noticed that the event
> search pane had an X next to it. I could swear I had not noticed it
> before so not sure in which version it appeared.
>
> Anyway, I figured it would give me more vertical space for the calendar
> itself if the event search was closed, so clicked the X and got more
> vertical space indeed.
>
> But now I cannot find a way to re-enable the event search when I need
> it. Went through Preferences and View menu and what not. Could not find
> anything. What am I missing?
>
> Pierre

Select the Calendar tab, go to the Menu button, select Events and Tasks
 > Find Events.

Select the Calendar tab, from the Menu Bar (if enabled) select Events
and Tasks > Find Events.

--
Go Bucs!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
WaltS48 wrote:
> Pierre D wrote:
>> Using TB 52.2.1 under Win10. A few days ago, I noticed that the
>> event search pane had an X next to it. I could swear I had not
>> noticed it before so not sure in which version it appeared.
>>
>> Anyway, I figured it would give me more vertical space for the
>> calendar itself if the event search was closed, so clicked the X
>> and got more vertical space indeed.
>>
>> But now I cannot find a way to re-enable the event search when I
>> need it. Went through Preferences and View menu and what not. Could
>> not find anything. What am I missing?
>
> Select the Calendar tab, go to the Menu button, select Events and
> Tasks > Find Events.
>
> Select the Calendar tab, from the Menu Bar (if enabled) select Events
>  and Tasks > Find Events.

Or you could customize the Calendar tab toolbar and add the Find Events
button to it.

/Stefan
0
Stefan
8/14/2017 11:16:06 AM
On 08/12/17 21:08, WaltS48 wrote:
> Select the Calendar tab, go to the Menu button, select Events and Tasks > Find Events.
>
> Select the Calendar tab, from the Menu Bar (if enabled) select Events and Tasks >
> Find Events.

Blush. So simple, it's embarrassing. Thanks Walt.

0
Pierre
8/14/2017 2:10:41 PM
On 08/14/17 07:16, Stefan Sitter wrote:
> WaltS48 wrote:
> Or you could customize the Calendar tab toolbar and add the Find Events button to it.
I prefer not to have a customer toolbar to save vertical space. Walt's solution works
for me. Thanks Stefan.

Pierre

0
Pierre
8/14/2017 2:11:48 PM
On 2017.08.14 16:11, Pierre D wrote:
> On 08/14/17 07:16, Stefan Sitter wrote:
>> WaltS48 wrote:
>> Or you could customize the Calendar tab toolbar and add the Find
>> Events button to it.
> I prefer not to have a customer toolbar to save vertical space. Walt's
> solution works for me. Thanks Stefan.
>
> Pierre

The "Find Events" button is put inside "Calendar Toolbar".  If you
disable "Calendar Toolbar", you would see what I mean.  You could put
the "Find Events" button next to the "Menu" button which is shown as 3
horizontal lines like 三.  In this way, vertical space is not changed.

Hope you understand what I mean.

We are not allowed to send attached image in this newsgroup, or I would
show it to you in image which is easier to understand.
0
STF
8/14/2017 8:17:57 PM
On 08/14/17 16:17, STF wrote:
> The "Find Events" button is put inside "Calendar Toolbar".  If you disable "Calendar
> Toolbar", you would see what I mean.  You could put the "Find Events" button next to
> the "Menu" button which is shown as 3 horizontal lines like 三.  In this way,
> vertical space is not changed.

Yes I understand. I do have the Calendar Toolbar disabled, to save space. That also
removes the Menu button.
But I am fine with going into the Events and Tasks menu to find events.

Pierre

0
Pierre