Timezone setting problem?

I noticed a message in Error Console:
× Couldn't find Asia/Beijing  (4) calTimezoneService.js:199:13

My timezone setting is Asia/Shanghai. The error do not affect me
anything, just noticed it.

-- 
Regards,
Lu Wei
PGP key ID: 0x A12F EF75 92CC E1EA
0
Lu
2/6/2017 7:03:59 AM
mozilla.support.calendar 2564 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

5 Replies
186 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 17

Lu Wei wrote:
> I noticed a message in Error Console:
> × Couldn't find Asia/Beijing  (4) calTimezoneService.js:199:13
> 
> My timezone setting is Asia/Shanghai. The error do not affect me
> anything, just noticed it.
> 
Maybe an answer here?
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libgweather/+bug/228554
0
JAS
2/6/2017 9:02:08 PM
On 2017-2-7 5:02, JAS wrote:
> Lu Wei wrote:
>> I noticed a message in Error Console:
>> × Couldn't find Asia/Beijing  (4) calTimezoneService.js:199:13
>>
>> My timezone setting is Asia/Shanghai. The error do not affect me
>> anything, just noticed it.
>>
I find the same error again today. So I raised a bug:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1431308

> Maybe an answer here?
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libgweather/+bug/228554

Maybe have some historical link, but it is a bug in ubuntu and has been
fixed already. And I am not asking for adding Asia/Beijing as that bug
(for I lived near Shanghai), but why it should look for Asia/Beijing
when the setting is Asia/Shanghai.

-- 
Regards,
Lu Wei
PGP key ID: 0x A12F EF75 92CC E1EA
0
Lu
1/18/2018 8:11:45 AM
On 2018.01.18 09:11, Lu Wei wrote:
> On 2017-2-7 5:02, JAS wrote:
>> Lu Wei wrote:
>>> I noticed a message in Error Console:
>>> × Couldn't find Asia/Beijing  (4) calTimezoneService.js:199:13
>>>
>>> My timezone setting is Asia/Shanghai. The error do not affect me
>>> anything, just noticed it.

Do you know which event generated this error?  If yes, where did the 
event come from?  I bet it's not from local calendar because 
Asia/Beijing is not in Lightning's time-zone list.  It must have come 
from online provider with which you sync' your calendar.


> I find the same error again today. So I raised a bug:
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1431308

The time-zone must be set by some provider.


>> Maybe an answer here?
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libgweather/+bug/228554
> 
> Maybe have some historical link, but it is a bug in ubuntu and has been
> fixed already. And I am not asking for adding Asia/Beijing as that bug
> (for I lived near Shanghai), but why it should look for Asia/Beijing
> when the setting is Asia/Shanghai.

This bug is not related to Lightning.  Lightning does not look into 
O/S's time-zone list but it uses its own time-zone list.


0
STF
1/18/2018 5:04:36 PM
Yes it is triggered by a remote Exchange calendar. Please see my reply
on bugzilla.

-- 
Regards,
Lu Wei
PGP key ID: 0x A12F EF75 92CC E1EA
0
Lu
1/19/2018 1:03:11 AM
On 2018.01.19 02:03, Lu Wei wrote:
> Yes it is triggered by a remote Exchange calendar.

Indeed, Outlook/Exchange only provide "Beijing, Chongqing, Hong Kong, 
Urumqi" but no "Shanghai".  As a result, there isn't any solution 
unfortunately.

> Please see my reply on bugzilla.

Even though the bug is really there, but I don't know if there's any 
solution or if the bug is indeed valid given that there is no standard 
of time-zone list.
0
STF
1/19/2018 8:30:22 PM
Reply: