TB completely frozen (TB 52.6.0 32bits + Lignhtning 5.4 + win 10)

Hi, 
TB starts to have freeze issues yesterday, then I reboot windows 10 to make updates. 
>From here, no way to have TB work when Lightning is enabled : TB remain frozen, process is working as usual for Win10, but no way to make any action like opening an email.
Everything working good when Lightning is disabled.

Thanks !
0
ange3d
2/8/2018 7:09:17 AM
mozilla.support.calendar 2587 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

2 Replies
108 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 26

Are you sure you have Lightning 5.4 but not 5.4.6?

Because I have 5.4.6 with my TB 52.6.0 and I have no issue.

I see two ways to try in your case:

1. Uninstall TB and make sure "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla 
Thunderbird\distribution\extensions" is empty.  Or check that any 
subfolder is NOT Lightning.  Then reinstall TB again.

2. Try to update just Lightning

Good luck

On 2018.02.08 08:09, ange3d@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> TB starts to have freeze issues yesterday, then I reboot windows 10 to make updates.
>>From here, no way to have TB work when Lightning is enabled : TB remain frozen, process is working as usual for Win10, but no way to make any action like opening an email.
> Everything working good when Lightning is disabled.
> 
> Thanks !
> 
0
STF
3/12/2018 4:21:19 PM
Le lundi 12 mars 2018 17:22:05 UTC+1, STF a =C3=A9crit=C2=A0:
> Are you sure you have Lightning 5.4 but not 5.4.6?
>=20
> Because I have 5.4.6 with my TB 52.6.0 and I have no issue.
>=20
> I see two ways to try in your case:
>=20
> 1. Uninstall TB and make sure "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla=20
> Thunderbird\distribution\extensions" is empty.  Or check that any=20
> subfolder is NOT Lightning.  Then reinstall TB again.
>=20
> 2. Try to update just Lightning
>=20
> Good luck
>=20
> On 2018.02.08 08:09, ange wrote:
> > Hi,
> > TB starts to have freeze issues yesterday, then I reboot windows 10 to =
make updates.
> >>From here, no way to have TB work when Lightning is enabled : TB remain=
 frozen, process is working as usual for Win10, but no way to make any acti=
on like opening an email.
> > Everything working good when Lightning is disabled.
> >=20
> > Thanks !
> >

Hi,
I completely re-installed TB, cleaned up the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozill=
a=20
Thunderbird\distribution\extension" (was in C:\Windows\User\etc... )

It seems to be working now :-)

Thanks !
0
ange3d
3/15/2018 11:17:19 AM
Reply: