Problem with my problem?

Hi, folks.  Three days ago, I posted that Sunbird was refusing to import 
the ICS file from the Firefox Calendar Extension.  Nobody replied, so I 
can only assume that one of three situations exists:
1) The file is corrupt, and no one wants to give me the bad news;
2) This is a known problem with Sunbird, but no one knows the solution;
3) Everyone is hard at work 24/7 trying to figure out the solution to my 
problem (LOL).

I've already discovered that I can copy and paste each event from the 
calendar extension to Sunbird one by one.  Before I devote many hours of 
my life to that chore, does anyone know of a quicker way to transfer 
them? Thanks!
0
Storm
10/23/2006 8:57:53 PM
mozilla.support.calendar 2589 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

6 Replies
1732 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 59

Storm wrote:
> Hi, folks.  Three days ago, I posted that Sunbird was refusing to import 
> the ICS file from the Firefox Calendar Extension.  Nobody replied, so I 
> can only assume that one of three situations exists:
> 1) The file is corrupt, and no one wants to give me the bad news;
> 2) This is a known problem with Sunbird, but no one knows the solution;
> 3) Everyone is hard at work 24/7 trying to figure out the solution to my 
> problem (LOL).
> 
> I've already discovered that I can copy and paste each event from the 
> calendar extension to Sunbird one by one.  Before I devote many hours of 
> my life to that chore, does anyone know of a quicker way to transfer 
> them? Thanks!

Indeed it sounds like the file is corrupt, or there's some detail 
in it that's not handled in the same way by the two 
applications... Maybe the following MozillaZine thread can help 
you. At least it mentions an error similar to the one you 
reported, also associated with the import of an .ics file. But I 
can't fully understand the suggestion given there (in the third 
message), without having an offending file to test with. Feel free 
to email me your file; I'd be happy to have a look (though I'm no 
expert in this...).
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=338880
0
Telmo
10/25/2006 1:05:59 AM
Telmo Amaral wrote:
> Storm wrote:
>> Hi, folks.  Three days ago, I posted that Sunbird was refusing to 
>> import the ICS file from the Firefox Calendar Extension.  Nobody 
>> replied, so I can only assume that one of three situations exists:
>> 1) The file is corrupt, and no one wants to give me the bad news;
>> 2) This is a known problem with Sunbird, but no one knows the solution;
>> 3) Everyone is hard at work 24/7 trying to figure out the solution to 
>> my problem (LOL).
>>
>> I've already discovered that I can copy and paste each event from the 
>> calendar extension to Sunbird one by one.  Before I devote many hours 
>> of my life to that chore, does anyone know of a quicker way to 
>> transfer them? Thanks!
> 
> Indeed it sounds like the file is corrupt, or there's some detail in it 
> that's not handled in the same way by the two applications... Maybe the 
> following MozillaZine thread can help you. At least it mentions an error 
> similar to the one you reported, also associated with the import of an 
> .ics file. But I can't fully understand the suggestion given there (in 
> the third message), without having an offending file to test with. Feel 
> free to email me your file; I'd be happy to have a look (though I'm no 
> expert in this...).
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=338880
Thanks, Telmo.  I just emailed the file to you.  I did find two of those 
characters, but not in the format described in the Bugzilla string.  I 
got rid of them, since they weren't important, but I still can't import 
the file (same error message, which seems to be the same error message 
described in the Bugzilla string).  Cheers! - Storm
0
Storm
10/25/2006 11:24:54 AM
Storm wrote:
> Telmo Amaral wrote:
>> Storm wrote:
....
>> Indeed it sounds like the file is corrupt, or there's some detail in 
>> it that's not handled in the same way by the two applications... Maybe 
>> the following MozillaZine thread can help you. At least it mentions an 
>> error similar to the one you reported, also associated with the import 
>> of an .ics file. But I can't fully understand the suggestion given 
>> there (in the third message), without having an offending file to test 
>> with. Feel free to email me your file; I'd be happy to have a look 
>> (though I'm no expert in this...).
>> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=338880
>
> Thanks, Telmo.  I just emailed the file to you.  I did find two of those 
> characters, but not in the format described in the Bugzilla string.  I 
> got rid of them, since they weren't important, but I still can't import 
> the file (same error message, which seems to be the same error message 
> described in the Bugzilla string).  Cheers! - Storm

Hmm, I didn't receive it - could you send it again? (It could be a 
delivery delay, but I sent to myself a test message from another 
account and it worked...).
0
Telmo
10/25/2006 4:51:33 PM
Telmo Amaral wrote:
> Storm wrote:
>> Telmo Amaral wrote:
>>> Storm wrote:
> ...
>> Thanks, Telmo.  I just emailed the file to you.  I did find two of 
>> those characters, but not in the format described in the Bugzilla 
>> string.  I got rid of them, since they weren't important, but I still 
>> can't import the file (same error message, which seems to be the same 
>> error message described in the Bugzilla string).  Cheers! - Storm
> 
> Hmm, I didn't receive it - could you send it again? (It could be a 
> delivery delay, but I sent to myself a test message from another account 
> and it worked...).

Sorry, no need to resend the message: it had simply been caught by 
Google Mail's spam filter (I don't use that account much, so I'm a 
bit unfamiliar with its settings...).
0
Telmo
10/25/2006 4:58:06 PM
Storm wrote:
> Telmo Amaral wrote:
>> Storm wrote:
....
>> Feel free to email me your file; I'd be happy to have a look 
>> (though I'm no expert in this...).
>
> Thanks, Telmo.  I just emailed the file to you.  I did find two of those 
> characters, but not in the format described in the Bugzilla string.  I 
> got rid of them, since they weren't important, but I still can't import 
> the file (same error message, which seems to be the same error message 
> described in the Bugzilla string).  Cheers! - Storm

Storm, please find the corrected file attached (by email), inside 
a zipped file. I'll post the text of this message at the 
newsgroup, for the benefit of others who may run into the same 
problem. The import now appears to be done correctly, in spite of 
an incomprehensible error message that pops up at the end.

The error message you saw was in fact from SB. It's a shame one 
can't copy text from it, but it reported the line at which the 
error occurred in a SB JavaScript file. Inspecting that file, it 
becomes apparent that .ics files are expected to be in UTF-8 
format. Opening your .ics in UltraEdit revealed that it was is 
ASCII format instead, so I did File / Conversions / ASCII to UTF-8 
and saved the file with a different name. Importing the file into 
a new calendar in SB, everything seems to go normally, and then an 
'Error getting calendar' message pops up, saying '310 items failed 
to import. ...'. However, precisely 310 items were imported (275 
events and 35 tasks). For confirmation, I did File / Open Calendar 
File and again 310 items show up (this is a worse solution than 
importing, though, as SB's database is supposed to be more 
efficient).

Disclaimer (always wanted to write a disclaimer :-) ) - I'll keep 
your attachment, file, and imported calendar for a day or two, 
just in case, and then I'll delete them.
0
Telmo
10/25/2006 6:29:36 PM
Telmo Amaral wrote:
> Storm wrote:
>> Telmo Amaral wrote:
>>> Storm wrote:
> ...
>>> Feel free to email me your file; I'd be happy to have a look (though 
>>> I'm no expert in this...).
>>
>> Thanks, Telmo.  I just emailed the file to you.  I did find two of 
>> those characters, but not in the format described in the Bugzilla 
>> string.  I got rid of them, since they weren't important, but I still 
>> can't import the file (same error message, which seems to be the same 
>> error message described in the Bugzilla string).  Cheers! - Storm
> 
> Storm, please find the corrected file attached (by email), inside a 
> zipped file. I'll post the text of this message at the newsgroup, for 
> the benefit of others who may run into the same problem. The import now 
> appears to be done correctly, in spite of an incomprehensible error 
> message that pops up at the end.
> 
> The error message you saw was in fact from SB. It's a shame one can't 
> copy text from it, but it reported the line at which the error occurred 
> in a SB JavaScript file. Inspecting that file, it becomes apparent that 
> .ics files are expected to be in UTF-8 format. Opening your .ics in 
> UltraEdit revealed that it was is ASCII format instead, so I did File / 
> Conversions / ASCII to UTF-8 and saved the file with a different name. 
> Importing the file into a new calendar in SB, everything seems to go 
> normally, and then an 'Error getting calendar' message pops up, saying 
> '310 items failed to import. ...'. However, precisely 310 items were 
> imported (275 events and 35 tasks). For confirmation, I did File / Open 
> Calendar File and again 310 items show up (this is a worse solution than 
> importing, though, as SB's database is supposed to be more efficient).
> 
> Disclaimer (always wanted to write a disclaimer :-) ) - I'll keep your 
> attachment, file, and imported calendar for a day or two, just in case, 
> and then I'll delete them.
Just for the record (since we've already communicated by email), you're 
my hero, Telmo.  This was definitely going way above and beyond the call 
of duty. Thank you!
0
Storm
10/27/2006 3:25:38 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Problems Problems Problems
So, I have OpenSUSE installed on my laptop and everything is working well, except the wireless. It almost seems that every time I run a KDE distro I can not get the internet to work. I've run YaST and used iwconfig. nothing is working for me. Please help -ZAD -- zadnik18 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ someone is going to tell you to supply some more information 'My wireless doesn't work - a primer on what I should do next - openSUSE Forums' (http://tinyurl.com/6peanc) this is one of the stick...

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Hans Halvorsen Email: capricorn_at_online.no Product: Thunderbird Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: Hi, I downloaded Thunderbird some time ago, and I was over-satisfied whit it and how well it worked. In fact it worked 100% PERFECTLY UNTIL I got an newer update version of it. Since then I' ve had nothing BUT trouble! I've checked adresses, notes, password, deleted accounts and made new one's, checked sign-ins and sign-outs, passwords inside and out, upside and down, so many times that my frustration now is about to turn into pure and major ...

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: I use FF all the time for work - I'm a software tester - the add-ons are invaluable. But v3.5 really has been a disappointment. It just keeps hanging all the time. And when Internet Explorer windows pop up, FF often just dies. It can't even restart itself - I have to manually kill the process every time; every update, every add-on that updates, "restart" fails - it's so frustrating. I hope v3.6 will be addressing this - PLEASE! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7....

PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS.
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS. Comments: Does Google's Chrome browser block out Firefox? Am having a lot of trouble getting Firefox to run after I run Chrome. No trouble what-so- ever before running Chrome. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1064 Safari/532.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see ...

Problems problems and problems.
Name: A.A. Product: Firefox Summary: Problems problems and problems. Comments: I am not specific, but in short I can not use This site to listen music anymore, while I can in IE explorer. Just to let you guys know, new version messed something up. http://hypem.com/ Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

problem? what problem?
I just wanted to say is: Opensuse 11.2 gives many problems in comparison to other linux and possibly other previous opensuse. lol!lol!lol! I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. I like to...MOVE IT! rotfl! -- batou ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Crack is bad for you, you should lay down the habit. -- *it*'s all a game, avoiding failure, when true colors will bleed, all in the name of misbehavior and the things we don't need and more than ever, I hope to neve...

problems,problems
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: problems,problems Comments: I once loved Firefox, lately it just plain sucks, the latest version 3.6 something will no longer me to listen to MLB.com or Glenn Beck. It is also way slower (even with W7 and new machine). It always seems to be downloading updates and wasting my time. Guess I'll see how Google Chrome works! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.11) Gecko/20100701 Firefox/3.5.11 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a ...

Problems Problems
Hi all,Well i am trying to use visio files in my application... I have added the libraries which are required for .NET to embed visio files...Bt it seems not to be working whenever i click files frm my .NET application bt it opens in Visio editor...Thanks in advance Regards,Srinivas RamanujanWords offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth !!!!!  Post Your Code for better understanding Your Problem.- Hardik (Software Developer,Surat,India)Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. Well actually i...

Problem after problem...
I'm done doing this. I can't setup .TEXT and the developer has next to nothing on his help page. For the past month I've been trying to set this up on my server and I'm done with it. My server is running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1, IIS 6.0, ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL Server 2000. I've never been able to run a remote query to SQL Server 2000. I've never been used to SQL 2000 and I've never liked it. I would like to use SQL 2005 if my server were capable, but that's not happening. Every query to the box is expecting SQL Server 2005 and just errors out. I don't know ho...

problems, problems
Name: gabriel sanchez Email: deliverezeatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: problems, problems Comments: how can i set up google search box next to my address bar and keep it that way? When installing an app from a site it just disrupted my set up and mozilla does not offer direct support anywhere Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 GTB5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide...

GW7 And Russian
GW7 Rus on the Xp Proof SP2. GW Classic Quoting work from time to time !! : ( Only if i receive mail from other Gw7 client with ONLY ENGLISH TEXT - QUOTING (classic GW) work Ok when answer. If in the Body or Subj - Russian... Will be work or no Quoting - ..... may be yes ... may be no : (( ANy body have some problem ?? How resover ?? Serg -- please post an example of the problem. > please post an example of the problem. How post text WITH RUSSIAN in this forum ? Or post screen as BMP file ? Serg Maybe you can post the message source for a mail that ...

GW7 And Russian
First problem in GW7 client RUS (when use RUSSIAN mail and quoting) - please read below. Thread with subj: "GW7 And Russian - Problems... problems... problems " This second discovered problem: NLD9 (rus). Install GW7 client. Configure GW client for sending mail in: Mime-type: KOI8-R Create new mail with Russian Subj and body example: subj: ����� ����� ��� body mail: ����� ���� ��� Bat recepinet (skoltogyan@mail.ru) have problem: Subj - Read OK russian Mail Body - can not read RUSSIAN TEXT... This header received mail (this bad mail ): From ksr@ami.ua Mon Oct...

My problem?PowerDesigen problem?
Hello: I design a sequence diagram using PowerDesigner 8 Beta. I think PowerDesigner is hard to use.Somethimes I want to move one message.But anything what I do ,I just can't move the message.Why?Tell me Why??? Sometimes I move the activation,other objects will move to 'anywhere'.I must correct it. What I mean is that these errors should not occur! I hope the reason is that it is 'Beta version'. I am very angry!If you need,I can send my sample. My PowerDesigner Version is 8.0.0.132. I agree with Brad, and also encourage you to visit the Beta newsgr...

Performance problems + Other problems
Hi, Im running a Netware 6 server for the novonyx webserver, And its almost only used for www. 1st service patch installed. Total memory is 767 MB, UW SCSI disk with Adaptec card, And its a Celeron 2ghz, 10/100 network card on a 10mbit connection. Because i have huge traffic (200-600+kb/s almost every time) i have looked around a bit regarding performance. But now i dont know the standard values of. Maximun Simultaneous requests Listen Queue Size HTTP Persistent timeout And the cache size in obj.conf file. Does anyone know what this values should be as default and in...