No Download Option on Lightning Site

Excuse me Please:

I would be interested in downloading Lightning for the purpose of Calendar use in Thunderbird.
However, there seems to be something wrong with the site:

https://addons.mozilla.org/En-us/thunderbird/addon/lightning/versions/?page=1#version-5.4

As there is no option to download the installer, and he link under the text "Version 5.4" just refreshes the page.

.... or is this not an install-able program, but something Thunderbird itself has to initiate? If so, the site did not indicate that either. (have not installed or used Thunderbird yet)

Any insight would be appreciated.
CAH
0
ceyarrecks
2/8/2018 6:31:31 PM
mozilla.support.calendar 2575 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 02/08/2018 07:31 PM, ceyarrecks@gmail.com wrote:
> Excuse me Please:
>
> I would be interested in downloading Lightning for the purpose of Calendar use in Thunderbird.
> However, there seems to be something wrong with the site:
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/En-us/thunderbird/addon/lightning/versions/?page=1#version-5.4
>
> As there is no option to download the installer, and he link under the text "Version 5.4" just refreshes the page.
>
> ... or is this not an install-able program, but something Thunderbird itself has to initiate? If so, the site did not indicate that either. (have not installed or used Thunderbird yet)
>
> Any insight would be appreciated.
> CAH

Lightning is an add-on. It ships with Thunderbird, so there is no need
to download and install it separately.

0
Christian
2/8/2018 9:36:21 PM
On 2/8/18 1:31 PM, ceyarrecks@gmail.com wrote:
> Excuse me Please:
>
> I would be interested in downloading Lightning for the purpose of Calendar use in Thunderbird.
> However, there seems to be something wrong with the site:
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/En-us/thunderbird/addon/lightning/versions/?page=1#version-5.4
>
> As there is no option to download the installer, and he link under the text "Version 5.4" just refreshes the page.
>
> ... or is this not an install-able program, but something Thunderbird itself has to initiate? If so, the site did not indicate that either. (have not installed or used Thunderbird yet)
>
> Any insight would be appreciated.
> CAH

Do you have Events and Tasks in the Menu bar or button?

Click it and select Calendar.

--
Best name ever! Cadet Bone Spurs
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>

0
WaltS48
2/8/2018 10:21:54 PM
On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 9:36:58 PM UTC, Christian Riechers wrote:
> On 02/08/2018 07:31 PM, ceyarrecksatgeemaildotcom wrote:
> > Excuse me Please:
> >
> > I would be interested in downloading Lightning for the purpose of Calendar use in Thunderbird.
> > However, there seems to be something wrong with the site:
> >
> > https://addons.mozilla.org/En-us/thunderbird/addon/lightning/versions/?page=1#version-5.4
> >
> > As there is no option to download the installer, and he link under the text "Version 5.4" just refreshes the page.
> >
> > ... or is this not an install-able program, but something Thunderbird itself has to initiate? If so, the site did not indicate that either. (have not installed or used Thunderbird yet)
> >
> > Any insight would be appreciated.
> > CAH
>
> Lightning is an add-on. It ships with Thunderbird, so there is no need
> to download and install it separately.

OH!
well.
THAT, explains why there was no download option, lol.
/e feels silly.
but to note, this fact of inclusivity was not readily apparent on the page.
/shrug
Thank you for the input, will focus on TB and get the calendar! :D
0
ceyarrecks
2/9/2018 7:41:20 AM
ceyarrecks@gmail.com wrote:
> https://addons.mozilla.org/En-us/thunderbird/addon/lightning/versions/?page=1#version-5.4

Works for me. I see a big green button labeled "Download for Windows"
next to the Version 5.4 text. Clicking it will start the download of
lightning-5.4-sm+tb-windows.xpi.
0
Stefan
2/9/2018 9:35:38 PM
.... not available for your platform ....

Correct it is android. But I didn't see an ..other platforms ... button.

Maybe my screen is too small ... maybe it is not there.

There are reasons not to download from windows ... e.g. while roaming i mighz not want to connect my notebook via phone in case win 10 starts downloading something else ...
0
buecherk